• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Long term storage

MileHighHuman

I understand why 58% boveda packs are better for your current stash.

(62% is a tad too moist to get the best results / vapor production)

But, i'm curious why are 62% boveda packs recommended instead of 58% for storage?

Does the extra 4% moisture help preserve all of the cannabinoids for more time or what?

Just curious and wanting to increase my knowledge.

MileHighHuman,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
But, i'm curious why are 62% boveda packs recommended instead of 58% for storage?

because … internet experts.

long term storage is never an issue in my crib, but i did get some 62% boveda and some herb sat in the jar for several weeks. then, when i vaped the herb, there was a white film on the inside of the glass vial holding the herb. my analysis is that the herb picked up some salts from the boveda pack … have you noticed this? salts in the herb?

Hippie Dickie,

stinkytofus

62% need to burp it every once a while or it can get too moist if ur boveda pack is too wet, feel the herb, if its too moist u need to air it out for maybe an hr and then put it back inside an vacuum tight sealed jar

stinkytofus,
Reactions: Squiby

seriousTone

I think I read that the guys at boveda came out with the 62% because it’s the ideal level for cannabis. I could have that slightly twisted but I know they didn’t have a pack specifically for cannabis until fairly recently. 62% is a little moist for using right away, has never stopped me though- actually it’s the grinding that is the problem, just gunks up a little fine grinder like the mflb finishing grinder faster

I do know this. I have had an ounce of different strains in a gallon size mason with a large 62% boveda pack for a year and 4 months now and the buds are still “moist” and springy. Idk why it’s better but it sure does work.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I always aimed for 62% because I was performing a cure directly after drying fresh cut. The cure tends to occur around 60%-65% humidity.

If the buds were already cured I would happily let the RH drop to 58% as it reduces the chance of mould. However I personally have had bud stored at 62% RH for over 8 months without any issue but I do burp the jars once a month for 5-10 mins.

GreenHopper,

Deleted Member 1643

For long-term storage, why not use vacuum? A hand-held vacuum pump, maybe even sold in your supermarket, will set you back about 15 USD. You can use bags and containers sold for food storage or DIY. Stick it in the back of your refrigerator.

Typically save a sample of the cured harvest this way. Prefer concentrate, so have some flower stored for 2-3 years. It seems like the day it was stored away.

Deleted Member 1643,
Top Bottom