Log Vapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Katz

I hate to start a thread off like this but: Hey, I'm new here! :lol: I've been smoking weed for around four years, and a few months ago I got into vaping. I got the flight box at first, and it was okay, just not for me. So I decided to do a lot of research and found that a SSV would be right for me, and it is. But this isn't about SSVs or anything, I just have questions about these log vapes. I see them all over this site, everyone loves them. Why? What makes them so different? Are they healthier? I know all are created differently, I'm just curious of why they are so popular.

Ben Katz,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I didn't quite get the allure of logs either when I first joined FC. But after I got my first UnderDog, oh man. Love love love it. Ready to go 24/7, easy to use, and logs in general are highly efficient with your herb. Im sure others will chime in with more, you really can't go wrong with 'em.

I never thought I would actually form a bond with a tool, but I think I am.

Peloton,
They work very efficiently with small amounts of herb. They blend well into their surroundings, or at least more than say an Extreme Q (except maybe in your stainless steel kitchen ;) ). They are reasonably priced. Some people like them for water pipe use as they are often light-weight and can simply be upturned and inserted into the down stem. Ease of use... I'm sure there's more.

kingofnull,

Ben Katz

Hmm. Other than the size, the weight, the fact that vapor-bonging would be easier and it's probably more durable than the SSV. They are cheaper too, maybe if my SSV dies I'd get one. Maybe it's just me, but I like seeing the heater and the herb, makes me feel healthier? (:lol:) Thanks for the feedback though. What would be the, 'best', one?

Ben Katz,
A lot of people here seem to like Purple Days and Underdog.

I've been thinking of getting one myself.

kingofnull,
Didn't used to be. underdog said on Saturday it would be down for maintenance, so maybe it's on-going?

kingofnull,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
The site is being updated right now Ben. There should be a bunch of new pieces up soon.

Peloton,

BlazedRunner

run high
I've been using my Arizer Solo stem as a wand for my SSV. I got that idea from the guys at thedankcity in this episode. The bowl is nice and small, and makes for an efficient vaping experience with the SSV that may be comparable to that of the log vapes. I haven't tried a log though, so I don't know for sure. I would like to get my hands on a log just to see what all the fuss is about.

From what I've seen it looks like its just a matter of bare-bones simplicity. There isn't a lot of equipment to fumble around with. Just a log that's always nice and toasty warm, and a stem. The heat core for the log draws very low power, something like 5 watts. It's less than a small light bulb so you just leave it on all day.

BlazedRunner,

placetime

Here are some old threads that might give you some useful info about why people like log vapes:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/log-owners-which-log-vape-is-most-efficient.5239/
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/all-log-vape-owners.4739/
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/log-vape-roundup.3192/
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/so-what-is-the-best-log-vape-out-there-right-now-and-why.2978/

There's a lot of outdated info in there, but the general thoughts about log vapes are pretty much the same now. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the term "log vape" isn't really all that specific--different people have different definitions of what precisely that means (shape? heating element? wood?). Here's a list of some of the vapes that I, imho, would consider "log vapes": Eterra, Aromazap (AZ, RZ, CRZ), Underdog, Purple Days, Woodeez, Heat Island, Toasty Top, Wychwood, and Hot Pod (and probably forgot some others). I think of "log vapes" as being basically similar to the Eterra in basic design/heater element. Some people would also add in the Old City Diffuser and the Epicvape EV-1 (and EV-2), and possibly others. :2c:
:peace:

placetime,

Ben Katz

Thank you very much everyone for the information. I like the low power usage, and the size so maybe I'll replace my SSV with one, one day. Although, I do like the idea of a ceramic and glass only heating source, but that's just me.

Also I figured the website was down for some sort of maintenance, and I was right. Never hurts to ask though. But seriously thanks for all the help again, I feel like I'm no longer in the dark now.:)

Ben Katz,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom