Log Style Vapes

max

Out to lunch
Vapemania said:
Essentially, a portable vape should be smaller than an Iphone.
In all dimensions? 2 out of 3 maybe, but good luck finding a vape as flat as a smart phone. And you don't think there's a market for a model big enough to be a home vape and be portable as well? The Vapolution has done very well as a home/portable model. Not everyone needs a pocket sized vape for portability.

A table top should be the size of a small vase.
I'd prefer something smaller than a 10" vase. I hope you don't really want to restrict everyone to your size choice. ;)

Maybe Volcano decided the dimensions. But I wonder what the best dimensions are for a vaporiser these days. The 'Cano was sold from the 90s wasn't it?
They decided what size they wanted. I think most vape makers decide what they want their product to do, and then make the smallest size that's practical. Most people don't want bigger just for the sake of size, and larger=higher production and shipping costs. The 'cano was introduced in 2002.

TV said:
I am very close to launch now.
Looks like a promising addition to the vape market TV.

max,
max said:
The Vapolution has done very well as a home/portable model. Not everyone needs a pocket sized vape for portability.

I have just seen the vapolution website.
It looks exactly like what I expected a vaporiser to look like.
It's a small metal heater with a hole to put the ganja in.
Simple.
Will be researching it to find out about efficiency.
It looks like the MFLB has strong competition!
And I never expected to say that this year!
Thanks Max.

A table top should be the size of a small vase.
I'd prefer something smaller than a 10" vase. I hope you don't really want to restrict everyone to your size choice. ;)

Lol. Yeah, I can be a bit egocentric at times!

I think most vape makers decide what they want their product to do, and then make the smallest size that's practical. Most people don't want bigger just for the sake of size, and larger=higher production and shipping costs. The 'cano was introduced in 2002.

Very good point.

Vapemania-original,

max

Out to lunch
Vapemania said:
I have just seen the vapolution website.
It looks exactly like what I expected a vaporiser to look like.
It's a small metal heater with a hole to put the ganja in.
Your description isn't exactly accurate. It uses a nichrome wire heater, but it's wrapped around the outside of the glass tube/heating chamber, isolating the heater from the vapor path. You load the herb in the glass bowl.

It looks like the MFLB has strong competition!
I really can't see someone deciding between the Vapo and the LB. They're portables, but very different types. The Vapo is more of a home unit that can easily be used in car or boat without a converter, or with the optional battery pack, but it's not a stealth portable like the LB.

max,
I really can't see someone deciding between the Vapo and the LB. They're portables, but very different types. The Vapo is more of a home unit that can easily be used in car or boat without a converter, or with the optional battery pack, but it's not a stealth portable like the LB.

Ah yes.
Way bigger than I expected.
I've just seen the youtube vid or it.

I was imagining a small hand-held device.
The Vapolution is more of a table-top, despite the fact they say it's portable.

The Vapolution is cheap though.
Whether it's as good as a HA or DBV is another matter.
But it's convection heating as opposed to conduction; which will win over the health freaks.

Vapemania-original,
With conduction, hot metal heats the herb.

The risk is that the metal itself will release chemicals when heated.
Those chemicals are then breathed in with the vape.

With convection, hot metal heats air. The air then heats the herb.
Consequently, there is no release of chemicals to worry about.

From a proper health view, I don't really know if conduction is actually a health issue.
My MFLB uses conduction.
It's just that some people still worry about it.

Convection is a superior method of heating though.
Cos it heats more evenly.

Vapemania-original,

reece

^^
If the hot metal is releasing chemicals when heated, it is releasing chemicals when heated. I don't understand why conduction or convection vaporizing would change that.

This is the first I've heard of people shying away from conduction for health concerns. All I've ever heard was that convection is preferred because of more even heating.

reece,

Smokey

Cloud Master
reece said:
This is the first I've heard of people shying away from conduction for health concerns. All I've ever heard was that convection is preferred because of more even heating.

^ I quote that.

Smokey,

friedricey

being human
Vapemania said:
The risk is that the metal itself will release chemicals when heated.
Those chemicals are then breathed in with the vape.

I thought each metal has its threshold when it comes to temperatures? I'm almost certain that vape temperatures don't reach to the point where metals release chemicals.

PS: I know this is personal preference - and your choice and all - but as a reader and a believer of grammar (I'm working on it too), to the point of effective communication, I find it difficult to follow your logic when you omit conjunctions and write in point form without context. :)

friedricey,

lwien

He's been banned, ricey. Second time around. I'd be surprised if he's back.

lwien,
Top Bottom