Log Style Vapes

What I can't inderstand is why there is no vaporiser which is the natural shape for vaping - a flute.

Long wooden stem, 2 batteries at the bottom, one behind the other. Toke on the mouthpiece at the top.

Hell you could have buttons on the body (like playing a trumpet) which turn the heat on and off!!! Portable too.

Vapemania-original,
lwien said:
Vapemania said:
Also, what about the HA? It can diffuse, vape, direct draw, bag draw, parties, thick hits.
How come the vape isn't as popular on FC as the MFLB or log vapes?

Because many here want a vape that excels in certain area's above all others. The HA could be thought of as a jack of all trades but a master at none with the exception being the efficiency in bag mode.

Vapes such as the PD excels in efficiency, ease of use, ease of maintenance and reliability due to no moving parts. The HA can't compete in these regards.

The LaunchBox excels as a portable. The HA can't compete in that regard.

HA is pretty much maintenance free except cleaning mouthpiece parts and changing bags. I also never saw one mention of unit failure in the HA thread while going through it, but I might be recalling incorrectly. Mine works like a champ and I'm the second owner, and believe it or not, I think it blows better bags and definitely makes more efficient use of material than the volcano classic did. Lack of a valve system is obviously a B. HA heats up in like 3 minutes, not 30. HA is variable temp, log is not. The HA honestly deserves a way, way bigger following than it gets on this site, especially given its badass reliability, efficiency, durability, and versatility. WE also deserve a small redesign, correcting:

-Poor-ish air flow for whip and to a lesser degreedirect draw, this includes using wider diameter, SSV style tubing.
-Redesign of mouthpiece to accept said improved hosing, perhaps to cool more efficiently as well.
-The unit could probably use a slighter more stable, flared base. Falling over is only an annoyance, not a threat to its survival, mind you.
-Crucible designs which elevate the material to be vaped off the hot walls of the heating chamber, cutting down on always-on condensation. This is just an idea of mine, I don't know if it's practical.

But yeah, I like and applaud the HA, and think it deserves more attention.

No vape is the best vape for everyone. I think low-tolerance or infrequent users tend to fall in love with log vapes or MFLBs, so if you're one of those, go for it. If your need is to get domed in a hurry, you might fall in love with something like the DBV, MW, Vapobowl or the like. If you think about it, most users fall in the former category, so those are the threads which blow up to insane post accounts.

That's my theory, anyway. There are just more moderate medicators than cloud chasers.

charliedontsurf,

crawdad

floatin
charliedontsurf said:
There are just more moderate medicators than cloud chasers.

:D cloud chaser here and accounted for. and even though i dont have one or have plans to get one, i too think a log style with visible vapor chamber would be quite nice, i love being able to watch my herb vape in my vg glass. however, log=wood so perhaps thats just not what its about.

crawdad,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
But its a risky venture as the Bud Toaster thread seems to indicate.

well, i don't see it as a "risky" venture, i see it more as a process of discovery and refining goals. my a priori ideas always turn out to be rather naive when faced with the reality of wood and glass.

Hippie Dickie,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
crawdad is correct. Log = Wood .... and wood is good.

It doesn't have to look like a log just because it is made of wood. It can look like a top.

This is my latest creation. The "Toasty Top". It has all the features I described in the first post. This one is made from tiger striped maple.

tt.jpg

Alan,
Reactions: ogcook

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
God, I'm like a bird that sees something bright......when it's made from wood it's instant attraction. I've got to say that you've peaked my interest. This is very nice looking. I'd be interested in seeing your other creations, as well as hearing how they work. Are you truly thinking of marketing these?

momofthegoons,
Wow, the tiger striped maple looks fantastic. I like the shape too. Very recognisable.

It looks a bit like a vapobowl or the ceramic filter section of the vaporgenie.

But as a vaporiser, are you looking from the outside inwards.
I wonder exactly what the heating method is and what level of vaporising efficiency it has.
That would be looking from the inside outwards.

Nice looking device though. I wonder what Hippi thinks?

Vapemania-original,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks. It has been a fun project.

The heat engine is identical to the MZ/PD/WZ. I have never tried any of them, but would imagine it performs similarly.

The roasting tube configuration is unique.

ttt.jpg

Alan,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Hippie Dickie said:
vapo-techno-art

Thanks. I love it! You have just coined the phrase.

Your vaporizer is state-of-the-techno-art. True all glass air path and precise temperature control is quite amazing. I could only dream of doing that.

Alan,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Lol @ Hippie! I love the vapo-techno-art phrase!!

I must say I too am drawn to wood like Mom! That is really nice looking and the stand...classy!! Love it!!

Lo,

momatik

Looks CLEAN dude.

The way you've been able to incorporate the cord into the design is very impressive.

momatik,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
That looks very cool TV! It's awesome to see you guys creating all these beautiful vapes and following you along the way. Nice work!

aesthyrian,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
momofthegoons said:
Are you truly thinking of marketing these?

That is one of my options. I want to be sure there will be a continuous market for them. I was looking to see if there was any interest.

toastytops.jpg

Alan,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well, speaking for myself....YES. :lol:

I really like the streamlined, yet artistic lines of these.

momofthegoons,

lwien

Looks like something you'd screw into a chandelier. :brow:

All kidding aside, I do like the looks of these. Other than aesthetics though, I'd really like to see a variation and/or possible improvements of the internals of the current design of these types of vapes. I know that OCD is taking a stab at this but has yet to produce an acceptable product to market.

Hats off to ya, TV, for making a very nice looking variation though. Beautiful design.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
One thing that I was wondering about was whether these run warmer than the standard log vape since it appears the body is smaller. It's hard to tell size from the pictures. What are the dimensions of this vape?

momofthegoons,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
TV said:
Thanks. It has been a fun project.

The heat engine is identical to the MZ/PD/WZ. I have never tried any of them, but would imagine it performs similarly.

The roasting tube configuration is unique.

http://toasty-top.com/ttt.jpg
That looks great! Please keep us informed on this project, I might be interested in one of those myself. :)

nuvap,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
The diameter is around 2-7/8" and it is 3-1/2" tall.

I can't answer the question of temperature comparison since I haven't tried one of the others. I do know the taste is superb and the herb is always well roasted and 12v. The heat feels very nice on my sore hands after turning wood and forming metal. It has a calming effect as the heat melts into your hands.

I do have quite a few internal improvements. The ceramic heating element is soldered directly to the power plug which screws into the center hole. The hot leads never contact wood. A 1" SS fender washer was set in the bottom of the hole before pressing in the 1" SS tube to create an all stainless steel heat chamber. The heat sink is entirely swagged together simply presses into the body with an interference fit. No rattles. If the top is ever dropped upside down, the heat sink may fall out but it can just be pressed back in. The wood does not get destroyed by the spring clip. If the ceramic heating element does ever break, a new one can simply be screwed in.

Alan,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I have only tried Iolite and Easy Vape Digital vaporizers. I have now modified both of them to work better.

Toasty Top hits similar to Iolite in taste and draw. There is no grassy taste at the end like with the Iolite.

The DBV and SSV have larger air passage ways and should provide much more flow rate and bigger hits.

Alan,

guardian

I think you should make a website with a tested working shopping cart and payment page, that seems to be the problem with a lot of sites that are new is that they have all of the information about the unit pictures etc... but the shopping cart button doesn't function. aside from that i want to know how much you want for the unit, with stand,variable power source, and TWO or three roasting tubes? id be happy to save up $100-150 for a package like that if you can send a payment link through email or something. are all the units maple? those tiger striped ones look awsome! anyways i havnt seen the heater by itself but i can already tell u have a solid unit on your hands i hope to own one a.s.a.p. , i like the look i like the features and its hand crafted which hands down beats anything manufactured by machines ! :2c: :peace:

guardian,

Vamp

link deleted
Modnote: Please review the forum rules.
  • No selling or soliciting items on the forum. Exception for selling here and only here, but read the thread rules.
    • This thread is the only one on the forum where you can make any mention of items you may have for sale.[/*]
    • Do not use a listing here to direct members to an eBay or other auction.[/*]
    [/*]

Vamp,

lwien

^^ Wow. Why not make you're own video rather than using a video demonstration of a Purple Days. That makes no sense whatsoever............unless...........

lwien,

caseball2051

unless he just wanted to show people how his unit worked.

A video of the toasty top in action would have been a better choice, however, i agree.

caseball2051,
Top Bottom