• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Log or Whip? for my situation

george

I'm looking for a home vape, since all i have is my MFLB. I want something that is easy for a friend and i to use without being a hassle. Also under 200$. Also something that could easily attach to a waterpiece.

So im thinking either a Myrtlezap or Woodeez if i choose a log.
Or a Vaporbros or Dabuddha for a whip.

george,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I think a whip would be better for you, since you mentioned using with another person. youll have a bigger bowl so you dont have to repack it multiple times per session, depending on tolerances and herb quality, like you would with a log. the whip vapes will also have a variable temp with higher range, so you can probably revape your mflb abv in it and get a few good hits out of it..

whichever you decide on getting, i suggest checking the resell thread.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453&p=2

you never know what you might find a good deal on ;)

steiner666,

lwien

Log type vapes are for small, measured doses and is best used with high-end bud and whose specialty is efficiency.
Whip type vapes are for huge, bong like rips that can also be used with schwag and mids but efficiency is not their strong suit.

Both types can be hooked up to a waterpipe.

My PD (log type vape) is my daily workhorse. Hit it thru my mini-beaker filled with hot water. Can provide as big of a hit as my lungs can handle and saves me a ton on bud purchases.
I use my Zephyr Ion when I have company over.
My Buddha never gets used anymore. Thinking of giving it to my son.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
In this case, I would recommend the DBV.
I have an MZ and I absolutely LOVE IT.
But when friends come over, they get the bigger hitter unless they are experienced vaporists

AGBeer,

george

how user friendly are log-vapes? Is there a certain drawing technique like on the Flight Box? Or could i load up a stem for a newbie and tell them to just hit it.

george,

lwien

The only vape that does not require a drawing technique are vapes that use a bag as a delivery system. That's why bag vapes make such good party vapes. With that being said, however, there is less of a concern with the drawing technique with a log type vape than there is with a whip based vape or a vape like the LaunchBox. With log type vapes, going into combustion is a non issue.

lwien,

george

lwien said:
The only vape that does not require a drawing technique are vapes that use a bag as a delivery system. That's why bag vapes make such good party vapes. With that being said, however, there is less of a concern with the drawing technique with a log type vape than there is with a whip based vape or a vape like the LaunchBox. With log type vapes, going into combustion is a non issue.

that sounds really good. I'm always worried about my friend getting close to combustion with my MFLB.

george,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I'll second the log vapes as possibly more newb friendly. Definitely with the buddha there's a chance of someone scorching the hit, i don't think you even can with the log vape.

My short comparison is just that log vape wins for efficiency and the whip wins for bigger hits. If you put one of those clearly ahead of the other it could tilt you more towards one. They can both be hooked up pretty easily for water filtration. (actually you can stick a log vape stem directly into a 14mm ground glass connection, don't even need an adapter if you have 14mm stuff already)

rabblerouser,

max

Out to lunch
george said:
how user friendly are log-vapes? Is there a certain drawing technique like on the Flight Box? Or could i load up a stem for a newbie and tell them to just hit it.
Since the log vape design includes the heat exchanger, I think it's easier to use for newbies than the typical whip model. Draw speed isn't as big of an issue, since the exchanger helps a great deal in retaining heat. And if you're looking at attaching something like a small EHLE, the difference in hit size between log and whip type won't be much of an issue.

max,

george

Thanks guys, i'm not really looking for the biggest hits i can get, my MFLB still gets me blasted. I really think a Myrtlezap is the vape for me now. I want something that i can hand to a newbie friend and not worry at all about them combusting. I didnt know whip vapes had such a drawing technique, i figured they would be the most user friendly.

Would anyone suggest a Woodeez over a Myrtlezap? The only difference seems to be that Woodeez has a 1 year warranty compared to a 90day.

george,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The maker of the MZap, Rick has been around a long time as have many of the zaps. You will find many more folks using the MZ's & PD's than you will the newer copies. I would buy an MZ or PD over the others as the makers and their vapes have stood the test of time. I own both :D Just my :2c:

Lo,

lwien

^^ Totally agree. Tom from PD and Rick from MZ have both built a track record over the years at providing both an excellent product and great customer service.

lwien,

george

Thanks guys! I really like the simplicity of the Myrtlezap and im guessing there would be less smell after a session compared to a SSV session.

Would you recommend a waterpiece to go along with a MZ? Or would one of their glass stems be a better choice? I've always wanted a nice big bong that i could vape through, would the MZ be good with this?

george,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Get them both (IMO)

I have a little HVY Mini and it MORE than satisfies when I have a hankering for a bong rip. (The log vapes have NO problem milking them BTW)

The elongated glass stems are a nice accessory as they help to cool the vapor, and similar to the bong - give you more vapor leverage (hence bigger hits)

AGBeer,
Top Bottom