Log battle, E nano vrs underdog

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Guiness-brilliant.jpg

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I've got a 15v wall adapter from Amazon along with a couple dimmers, also picked up a multimeter. It all works quite well, would highly suggest the dimmer; it doesn't seem to go with a full scale, mine stops around 11v, but its not too common to vape under 11v. It also remembers your voltage with you turn it off.

hoptimum

I think I'll order a UD, then in a month or so the enano. That way I can pass off two vapes as one to a suspicious wife. The old "that old thing? Ive had it forever" routine. Sound like a plan?

You might also consider getting on the no obligation HI waiting list. Despite the wait, the HI remains at the top of my log list for instant heatup time and innovative accessories. It also works interchangeably with the UD tubes and VVPS.

shredder

I've got a 15v wall adapter from Amazon along with a couple dimmers, also picked up a multimeter. It all works quite well, would highly suggest the dimmer; it doesn't seem to go with a full scale, mine stops around 11v, but its not too common to vape under 11v. It also remembers your voltage with you turn it off.

Would a cord from an enano with a built in dimmer work?

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Would a cord from an enano with a built in dimmer work?

No. The only "real" difference that has been hinted at, but I don't think mentioned, is that the UD heater element is DC powered. A wall wort (like on so many other electronic devices) or vvps (for voltage/heat adjustments) converts AC to DC which powers it. The nano heater element is AC powered. The dial on the cord steps down the voltage (and allows adjustment), but it is still AC powering the heater element itself. So once you leave the receptacle in the wall, things are different in each of them. You can't power a UD with AC (requires conversion) and you can't power a nano with DC. They have different plugs on the unit itself for the cord also.

The cord that comes with the nano has a dial on it allowing you to adjust voltage/temp right out of the box. It works great, and is consistent in that it seems to be the exact same heat if you put the dial at the same spot. Cord that comes with UD has no adjustment. But, a vvvps can be used instead and voltage can be dialed in for different temps.

Another nano fanboy, so really can't give an honest opinion on comparison. I have used a UD a few times and it worked great. When I started looking into logs a couple years ago, the nano had just come out. The intro offer was a great price, so I opted for it. If I looked a month earlier or nano came out a month later, I may well own a dog and don' t think I'd be yearning for a nano. I am extremely happy with my nano, though! Occasionally I'll see a dog in the classifieds and think about it, but thankfully if it is a good price someone usually snags it before I have to think too much about it.

Also, not really sure about UD with DC power (assume it works great from what I have read), but you CAN'T draw the heat down on the nano with human lungs. The heat stays the same and dares you to try to pull it off temp with a big hit. I attribute this to AC power straight thru - but just a guess. The UD may do exactly the same.

Last edited:

shredder

No. The only "real" difference that has been hinted at, but I don't think mentioned, is that the UD heater element is DC powered. A wall wort (like on so many other electronic devices) or vvps (for voltage/heat adjustments) converts AC to DC which powers it. The nano heater element is AC powered. The dial on the cord steps down the voltage (and allows adjustment), but it is still AC powering the heater element itself. So once you leave the receptacle in the wall, things are different in each of them. You can't power a UD with AC (requires conversion) and you can't power a nano with DC. They have different plugs on the unit itself for the cord also.

The cord that comes with the nano has a dial on it allowing you to adjust voltage/temp right out of the box. It works great, and is consistent in that it seems to be the exact same heat if you put the dial at the same spot. Cord that comes with UD has no adjustment. But, a vvvps can be used instead and voltage can be dialed in for different temps.

Another nano fanboy, so really can't give an honest opinion on comparison. I have used a UD a few times and it worked great. When I started looking into logs a couple years ago, the nano had just come out. The intro offer was a great price, so I opted for it. If I looked a month earlier or nano came out a month later, I may well own a dog and don' t think I'd be yearning for a nano. I am extremely happy with my nano, though! Occasionally I'll see a dog in the classifieds and think about it, but thankfully if it is a good price someone usually snags it before I have to think too much about it.

Also, not really sure about UD with DC power (assume it works great from what I have read), but you CAN'T draw the heat down on the nano with human lungs. The heat stays the same and dares you to try to pull it off temp with a big hit. I attribute this to AC power straight thru - but just a guess. The UD may do exactly the same.

Thanks, I had no idea. More to consider I guess.

How important is adjustability for heat on a log vape? I don't really want more equipment sitting around, just to adjust the heat, unless its needed. I feel the pendulum swinging, lol. The area that I will be using this vape in is not spacious.

I've read more than once, on this site, that enano users just leave their unit at 6 or 6.5. The underdog web site says something to the effect, that most don't need to adjust the vape temps. Is bumping up the heat used more for concentrates? Do most UD users eventually upgrade the power supply to variable voltage?

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place

Actually the UD is just rated around 12 volts. It doesn't really care if it's running on an AC or a DC wall wart. It rips either way.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

How important is adjustability for heat on a log vape? I don't really want more equipment sitting around, just to adjust the heat, unless its needed. I feel the pendulum swinging, lol. The area that I will be using this vape in is not spacious.

I've read more than once, on this site, that enano users just leave their unit at 6 or 6.5. The underdog web site says something to the effect, that most don't need to adjust the vape temps. Is bumping up the heat used more for concentrates? Do most UD users eventually upgrade the power supply to variable voltage?

Many leave nano at one heat. It is nice having adjustability, and not just for concentrates. Can turn down heat a bit for light buzz and amazing flavor, or kick it up a notch for heavy. Also nice for other stuff, but probably about 80 - 85% of time I'm at about 6.25 on mine.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Every log vape is outstanding whether it be an e-nano, UD or Hi. I have the trifecta like some others :cool:. My personal opinion first GET ON THE Hi LIST! Then you choose which vape u want to hold u over till then, UD or Nano.

Yes, the nano has an adjustable temp right out of the box but many things dictate temp. Such as draw speed, screen distance even strains of herb. If an UD is too hot you could add an extension cord they provide to cool it off a bit. But upping the temp will require a VVPS. Though there is a cord that looks like the nano cord that fits in a UD.

I have 3 UD's and they all run at different temps. I use a VVPS on one and the hotter of the three I just use the walwart. Imo I like using my VVPS over the nano dial, just because it's so much more precise.

Service wise, I would personally sugest an UD because of their service is outstanding and the way they make u feel like family is amazing. As others have said when the minor things go wrong with epicvape it can turn into a PITA. I personally has one mistake and it was corrected quickly n got a freebie out of it. This I did have to send multiple messages.

UD provides 4 stems/wpa's to pick out of their selection. They also hand turn their blanks to truly get that one of a kind feel vs a CNC machine the nano uses.

Also the UD has stems that fit on the outer diameter of the heater for cooler more flavorful hits. Then they have one that goes in the inner diameter for a more powerful lung buster hits. Another example of the same temp of the UD producing different results. The nano just has stems/wpa's that go on the OD of the heating element.

So once again my PERSONAL OPINION is to join the DogPack!

Good luck picking.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Actually the UD is just rated around 12 volts. It doesn't really care if it's running on an AC or a DC wall wart. It rips either way.
Uhhh :hmm: That statement may be misleading - what is the difference between an AC and DC wall wart? As far as I know there's only AC wall warts which produce either DC current (quite common), or a lower voltage AC current (uncommon, but I do sometimes see AC-AC wall warts)

The UD runs on DC electricity. You can either use an AC Wall wart which produces 12vDC, or you can connect the UD to a different 12vDC power supply (such as found in a car or boat, or the UD's VVPS).

You cannot power the UD with AC voltage directly..... Well, no you *could* use AC, though you'd burn out the heater cartridge in about 5 seconds :lol:

You want to adjust the heat on a log vaporizer to adjust the temperature you're vaporizing at. You may find the standard temperature for the UD without a VVPS to be either too high, or too low for your personal needs

When I started vaping with my Nano, I was cloud chasing like a fool between 7 and 7.5 on the dial. After a few weeks I started to realize I didn't LIKE that high temperature sedative effects from the herbs. Now I rarely ever go that high unless it's late at night and I want to sleep.

Usually what I do is keep my Nano running around 6.5, though I enjoy turning down the temperature for flavorful hits when i'm testing a new strain or vaping dry. And going up to 6.75 for vaping with a waterpipe.

The thing is, everyone is different. You may like changing temperatures to medicate differently depending on the day/situation, or you may find your favorite temperature and stay with it all day long. The important thing is having the ability to find that temperature.

I personally could never imagine buying a vaporizer with only 1 temperature setting, unless it was exactly the temperature I wanted

Last edited by a moderator:

Walter Bishop

I went though the same choice a 6 months back.

To be frank, what turned me off from the UD was reading the Underdog thread and seeing people trying to figure out if they needed to run their dog straight form the wall, or add an extension cord to cool it, or go full blown vvps, etc.

As some one who was new to Log Vapes, it seemed like too many variables to worry about in the event I needed to trouble shoot.

So I went E-nano, knowing full well that the dimmer would not provide the same, "precision," as a vvps regarding temp control.

That said, I still have yet to understand exactly why that type of precision is needed for this application. I set my nano at 6.5 every time, and every time it works right. :shrug:

I do understand that there are other advantages to DC as well, such as using any 12v power source, etc...

But I think for a person looking to open their package, plug it in, and vape, the nano offers a more turn key experience.

Of course there's always the fact that you can't know what you don't know. So eventually I plan to own a DC log too (been on the HI list for a while).

Eschient

Giga-Dweebess

As others have said, it depends. I'm not in a legal state, I take what I can get when I can get it. My starting point on the E-nano was about 6.5-7 with a "large" load. After some experimenting, I found I preferred a smaller load at a lower temp. That's the beauty of these things, you can fine-tune until the cows come home - and then you can fine-tune for the cows, too. I can start my day with my crappy stuff around 6-6.5, later on come back with the good stuff to coast around 5-6 and end my night with some concentrate on 10. Or bump things a little higher and run through water, it all depends on what things feel like at the moment.

If you can get a standard quality it's easy to set and forget and be perfectly happy, but the awesomeness of playing around with temp or load variations {even bud vs different levels of grind} can make it a constantly new experience. I personally think that's really important now that I've had experience with it.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The UD runs on DC electricity. You can either use an AC Wall wart which produces 12vDC, or you can connect the UD to a different 12vDC power supply (such as found in a car or boat, or the UD's VVPS).

Sorry but what you say is Not True at all as one of my older Underdog wall warts is rated at an output of 12Volt AC @ 2amps so that's a AC/AC wall wart. I be tellln' the truth when I say it doesn't care if it's ac/dc.

I never said you could plug it directly into a 110v ac outlet but with a ac wall wart with the proper output it works just the same as it will on dc, There are no DC specific components in the UD.

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
According to my multimeter no volts are lossed with 3 extensions. I honestly never felt they reduce the temp since.

Those nano dials aren't inaccurate they just aren't digital. I think the dimmer is a real solution everyone should suggest from now on with their UD.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Sorry but what you say is Not True at all as my older Underdog wall wart is rated at an output of 12Volt AC @ 2amps so that's a AC/AC wall wart. I be tellln' the truth when I say it doesn't care if it's ac/dc.

I never said you could plug it directly into a 110v ac outlet but with a ac wall wart with the proper output it works just the same as it will on dc, There are no DC specific components in the UD.

Really?? I though all Dog's used DC power

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@max and @Ratchett Then why does my old ww say the Output is 12 volt AC/2amps and work? They all come with an AC/DC adapter now but there was a time you may have received an AC/AC with your dog depending on what Dave had in stock at the time.

My old wall wart is right here so I'm damn sure what it is, not making shit up here or just going on a feeling like you all seem to be. I'm basing what I'm saying on what I own and use not what I just assume to be true.
Facts are Facts.

:doh:

shredder

A lot to think about. At this moment I'm now favoring an enano, due to less do dads to clutter my space.

My current desktop vape is a volcano that I rarely adjust for temps. The first year or so, i did play with different temps though. Now i set it to 4.5-5 and fill tasty bags, then save the abv for extracting. My portable is a mighty, that I adjust temperatures multiple times in one session. I don't save abv, in my mighty, due to the high heat, I doubt there is much left to extract from. Plus the bowls are so small, there isn't much abv anyway. So by experience I have very little useful info to go on. Each vape is different. (duh)

My place to medicate doubles as part of my grow room, its where I veg plants. My grow area is in a pole barn not attatched to our house. The same table that holds my plants is where my vape will be. As the plants grow I have less and less space. So the less electrical equipment on the table the better. My mighty, being portable, goes with me on the go, and in our home it is the main driver. My volcano stays in the grow area 99% of the time, and now with my mighty, it prolly won't move much, if at all.

I'd like a log to be somewhat portable, so I can show it off, and have a water set up to travel with. The water pipes are coming. Hopefully by 4/20 lol.

Another thing to consider is customer service. The underdog seems like the clear winner here. But again I do have two more vapes so I would have back ups if a log was in for service. But if that went on for weeks, it could be problematic. So far (knocks on wood) my S&B vapes have never been in for service.

I'm ussually not this wishy washy making decisions. But there does not seem to be one clear winner. It's more like, will one fit me better than another? But then I have to project how I think I'll use a log vape, and up to now, I've never even seen one in person. And no matter what way I go, I still have to Houdini it by my wife.

Does anyone have a link for a HI vape? This is a new one to me. Never heard of it until this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom