Little Blue Arrows! (Click, Go to First Unread)

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
This evening I discovered the little blue arrows that show up just to the left of thread titles sometimes. They denote an unread thread and, most excitingly, can be clicked to bring you straight to the first unread post in the thread! I follow a lot of threads here, so this little feature is going to save me a lot of clicks in the future, not to mention saving bandwidth for the benefit of FC.

Just a PSA for any other Fuckcombustaholics out there. :wave:

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I noticed it a while ago, however, I found it unnecessary for me because FC must have activated a feature that does the same thing by just clicking on the thread title.

At least that's how it has been working in my case.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Wait... it didn't always work like that for you guys? I just middle-click my notifications and they pop up on new messages in each tab!

Quetzalcoatl,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Wait... it didn't always work like that for you guys? I just middle-click my notifications and they pop up on new messages in each tab!
I used to use the notifications… But when I log on and there are 20+ alerts, it gets unweildy. Then I started going to the Watched Threads page and clicking on the second to last last page number below each thread title (in case a new page has started since I last visited) and clicking the blue Go To First Unread button inside the thread, which is silly looking back on it…

I think I was just so used to other forum software that takes you to the first post of the first page when you click the thread title, that I never tried it. So many years of fighting with PHPBB and vBulletin… XenForo is really great!

Top Bottom