1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Liquidizer vs. own PG/PEG mix

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by bartmajewski, May 10, 2019.

1. bartmajewski

bartmajewski New Member

Hello,

I just wonder; isn't better to make your own 'liquidizer' with PG/PEG?
    If so, does anyone have a good mix ratio tip for PG/PEG/anything else?

Also, I would like to ask you if anyone tried Wax Liquidizer?

Thanks for answers in advance.

Cheers.

2. Heisenburger

Heisenburger New Member

I keep a mixture in a dropper of PEG400 with 2 drops of terpenes per ml, and I mix this in about a 2:1 ratio of concentrate to diluent. This makes a base liquid that can be further diluted with PG or a premade juice with very low VG.

3. Hackerman

Hackerman User

Wasn't it determined that PG PEG VG and those types of dilutants were bad for you? Was it lipid pneumonia? Somehow, I recall something bad with those. Maybe not.

On that note, just don't use Viscosity from True Terpenes. It's allegedly mineral oil or worse. Tests are going on right now.

4. Heisenburger

Heisenburger New Member

The thing with PEG is that it can turn into formaldehyde at very high temps, IIRC something like a whole cigarette's worth in a single breath. Vaping it at normal e-cig temperatures is fine, although I still wouldn't recommend using it with a low ohm dripper or similar device.

5. Hackerman

Hackerman User

Yeah, that was it, formaldehyde. Also, I was just reading that it is water based so it doesn't mix well with the oil based cannabis and ends up separating.

6. Heisenburger

Heisenburger New Member

VG causes separation, but PEG400 mixes perfectly. The only real down side I've found is that it dries you out big time, so I only use it as needed to absorb the concentrate and use PG from there. If I don't feel like diluting that much I can use more terps but that is more costly and easy to overdo it.

7. Smokinjoe

Smokinjoe Active Member

I was under the impression of the opposition?

It’s peg400 horrible for u if vaped at a hi enough temp?

I know vg isn’t the greatest but healthier in terms of formaldehyde exposure??

Last, can u just add a couple extra drops of Terp of offset it ??

8. Smokinjoe

Smokinjoe Active Member

Anyone on a good Terp / vg ratio to concentrate

I have all 3 and wana dilute down the wax into pre fill 510s

???

9. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

If we're thinking of the same study, the author had an undisclosed conflict of interest in promoting MCT oil. Doesn't necessarily invalidate the study but raises doubts.

Probably the best way to do it, IMO.

10. Heisenburger

Heisenburger New Member

Don't use VG, it will cause separation, even if you cut the mix with PG/PEG first.

11. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

12. Smokinjoe

Smokinjoe Active Member

Ok

I’ll leave the VG out

I have a 10ml vial of Elevatiom terps, lemon flavor

I assume a drop or two for each g of concentrate??

Put concentrate in shot glass on lowest stove setting n let it melt down.

Than add Terp n stir...??

13. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

I'm seeing a few differences between the products off the shelf to do this.
    Does anyone know what's in the auto winterizer and dewaxer liquids you get with the vapeur extract for example?
    According to their blurb you mix it, leave it to separate upto 24hrs then push it through a filter on the syringe and hey presto you have a winterized liquid to put in your carts.

I read somewhere recently that if you're just adding terps it's easier to start with frozen oil or rosin and smash it to create a powder while it's still frozen and mix the terps with the smashed up bits.

14. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

I 've placed a shot glass in water off the boil, but whatever works for you. Some heat over an open flame, passing a small glass vial back and forth. Just remember that terpenes evaporate at a lower temp than water. In fact, over time, the terps can evaporate in the ccell, but you can always add a drop of terp and mix w/ a toothpick or heat with a hair dryer and turn it over and over.

15. Heisenburger

Heisenburger New Member

It really takes very little heat, you barely need to warm the glass with a torch and it will melt.

As for mixture, I premix my diluent from PEG400 and terpenes, with just a few drops of terps per ml of PEG. This gives me a terp-flavored solution that mixes nicely with a good tacky rosin, not overwhelmingly terpy.

It's a trade-off, really. PEG400 dries your throat and terpenes are quite intense, but both are solvent so you can find the balance that works for you. My preference is to go light on terps, but the blends I've been using are high in pinene so other blends might do better with a higher ratio to PEG.

16. Smokinjoe

Smokinjoe Active Member

Ok brother

Buying some peg 400

Going to do a couple tiny batches of just Terp n see what I get

Everything I’ve read has said it will separate but all the health bs I’ve read say it’s the least harmful....so that’s why I bought just terps n vg

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors