Linx Eden

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks how does it do with a smallish 0.03-0.05 load?

So I think it can handle it actually!

IMG-20190708-224316.jpg

Did my on demand thing at 380 twice, then 400 twice, before one at red428 and then sessioning there for some more. I did notice the mp got hot quicker, maybe because there was less herb to absorb some heat first... Hard to tell from the picture, but it is a vaped light brown no longer green. I will still try with the lava pads on top as well and let you know.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I didn’t have the same experience as @Shit Snacks .
I loaded 0.05g with and without the pads. The only time I got any decent vapor was on the highest level. And with the lava pads - I didn’t enjoy the taste on red. Very close to combustion taste.
Without the pads, I did get a few decent clouds and I definitely felt the effects. But for some reason, with the lava pads, I barely got a high.

So far, I really do like a few things about it - especially the flavor. It tastes very good to me - above average (very subjective, I know).
I also think the battery is pretty damned good. I counted about 15 sessions (4 min per session) with it on the first charge. It was on last 25% of battery for maybe 3 sessions before I recharged.

@Shit Snacks Have you heard any noises from it? It gets a little loud - especially when the battery gets low.
@E. A. Ridgill is this normal or should I be concerned?

Br0k3n

Does anyone know what the actual heating element is made out of?

I realize it is a quartz chamber. The Gaia was advertised as a quartz heating element but it was actually a coil of resistive wire (not sure the actual material) that heated up the quartz chamber.

I'm super intrigued by this device but almost all on-demand convection units use a coil of some sort of wire (SS, Kanthal, NiChrome, etc) that is super-heated and directly in the airpath.

If the Eden is using a ceramic donut (wire encased in ceramic) or if the coil is around a hollow tube of quartz so that the air is passing over heated quartz instead of the wire itself, or even a quartz bulb, that would be a huge plus.

Shit Snacks

I didn’t have the same experience as @Shit Snacks .
I loaded 0.05g with and without the pads. The only time I got any decent vapor was on the highest level. And with the lava pads - I didn’t enjoy the taste on red. Very close to combustion taste.
Without the pads, I did get a few decent clouds and I definitely felt the effects. But for some reason, with the lava pads, I barely got a high.

So far, I really do like a few things about it - especially the flavor. It tastes very good to me - above average (very subjective, I know).
I also think the battery is pretty damned good. I counted about 15 sessions (4 min per session) with it on the first charge. It was on last 25% of battery for maybe 3 sessions before I recharged.

@Shit Snacks Have you heard any noises from it? It gets a little loud - especially when the battery gets low.
@E. A. Ridgill is this normal or should I be concerned?

Yeah I wouldn't say the clouds were huge with that small of a load, and it may also be necessary to use my on demand method to get the most out of it... Of course a load that small goes through the taste quicker, and as I said seems to transfer more heat to the mouthpiece quicker. I still need to try with the lava pads, but yeah I would expect that to hurt flavor even more with the mass of steel.

I did notice a rattling as well, I thought maybe it was related to the vibration haptic feedback... Not sure about loud noises that are more technological, I don't think I noticed anything when I was using with a little battery before, but it wouldn't surprise me. A lot of electronic vapes have various noises going on.

Does anyone know what the actual heating element is made out of?

I realize it is a quartz chamber. The Gaia was advertised as a quartz heating element but it was actually a coil of resistive wire (not sure the actual material) that heated up the quartz chamber.

I'm super intrigued by this device but almost all on-demand convection units use a coil of some sort of wire (SS, Kanthal, NiChrome, etc) that is super-heated and directly in the airpath.

If the Eden is using a ceramic donut (wire encased in ceramic) or if the coil is around a hollow tube of quartz so that the air is passing over heated quartz instead of the wire itself, or even a quartz bulb, that would be a huge plus.

I believe the quartz is just the bowl/chamber, there is open air surrounding it on all sides, with a ceramic plate visible beneath it with slits in it. I also don't think heated quartz would retain enough heat to make for effective convection at this size... So I would guess some sort of coil within the ceramic, but I'm sure Linx will pop in to clarify for you.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I had a couple great bowls last night, with this lovely Rainbow Sherbet strain, medium-course ground from my BCG fine, first one about 3/4 full. Using in my on demand style, I got three great hits on blue, thick tasty vapor. I then took one at green, and two at yellow, before bumping to red for a few more to finish. And then had another bowl, only about 1/3 or so full this time, but with two hits at each setting on demand for a total of ten. Using it this way is quite effective and enjoyable, standing by my Firefly meets Thermovape comparison, the Eden seems to be a worthy Grasshopper competitor as well.. .Another little thing I forgot to mention that is pretty nice, the mouthpiece doesn't take too many turns to thread on and off. Again the magnetic cap is great, and could make it easy to design some sort of cooling mouthpiece or wpa adapter. I did open the mouthpiece to see that there is a little bit of a cooling path with the screens, despite some draw restriction, I do like this design, easy to keep clean so far.

Shit Snacks

I got mine in the mail yesterday and boy does it get hot when charging!! The base of the unit was quite warm. Have not had a chance to vape it yet but it is a spiffy unit!!

I noticed that as well, may be best to let it cool before first use after a charge. Luckily the battery lasts long, but does take a bit to charge, despite the usbC unfortunately. Replaceable batteries is always a nice feature ofcourse, but I suppose it would make the unit larger... Seems to be a 21700 used here?

Edit: oh I could also see value in having the temp settings be 350-380-410-445 to give a bit more range, but as I've mentioned in my useage so far I am still getting effective temp stepping with differences at each color. They just may be a bit more pronounced with a 30 degree separation vs 20 is all... My settings are of course quite relatives since I am using it on demand anyway.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I wonder how a Fury 2 dosing capsule would do in the Eden...
Good call! Will try right now.

Just tried it. It fits with a little room to spare.
It works okay. Just did one capsule over three sessions of stepping up temp and only was able to muster a few wispy clouds. Isn’t really effecting me much either.
Bummer. I thought it might be a brilliant hack...

I am finding best results with a loosely filled oven with a medium grind. It tastes best and gets a few nice clouds per session. That’s really all I can get in 4 minutes.

Will keep testing.:science:
Need to try @Shit Snacks on-demand method. But that would require me to back up and re-read thread, cause I forgot. :D

Shit Snacks

Good call! Will try right now.

Just tried it. It fits with a little room to spare.
It works okay. Just did one capsule over three sessions of stepping up temp and only was able to muster a few wispy clouds. Isn’t really effecting me much either.
Bummer. I thought it might be a brilliant hack...

I am finding best results with a loosely filled oven with a medium grind. It tastes best and gets a few nice clouds per session. That’s really all I can get in 4 minutes.

Will keep testing.:science:
Need to try @Shit Snacks on-demand method. But that would require me to back up and re-read thread, cause I forgot. :D

Haha all you do is start drawing shortly after you turn it on for a long hit, turning it off when your lungs are nearly filled so you can draw to clear and cool it. Doing this at blue360 I get thick tasty clouds.

Br0k3n

I really really want to pull the trigger on one of these but can't do it in good conscience without knowing more details about the heating element.

Missed the boat on their 7/10 sale but I don't do concentrates/oils anyway so no biggie.

I may just need to wait for someone to do a teardown of the unit but that could be a while...

@E. A. Ridgill , any chance you can shed more light about the material of the heating element and how it interacts with the air path? Is it different than the Gaia? Pics or a diagram would be awesome but that is probably too much to ask.

Thanks

hinglemccringleberry

Lots of feedback coming in over on the vaporasylum forum.
I'm torn between accepting / not accepting the lack of vapor. What concerns me more is that people can't seem to get all of the goodies out of their herbs even after running it on red. I kind of wish it was just full conduction. Or if it had the extraction ability of the Fury 2, it would be my dream portable.
Maybe there's some variability across units, since shit snacks seems to be getting much denser clouds than other reviewers.

Shit Snacks

Lots of feedback coming in over on the vaporasylum forum.
I'm torn between accepting / not accepting the lack of vapor. What concerns me more is that people can't seem to get all of the goodies out of their herbs even after running it on red. I kind of wish it was just full conduction. Or if it had the extraction ability of the Fury 2, it would be my dream portable.
Maybe there's some variability across units, since shit snacks seems to be getting denser clouds than other reviewers.

I doubt any are using my on demand method, as I said I could get some darker herb that way even on low temp settings. And if you do a full bowl (at least 3/4 full medium-course grind) the clouds are definitely thick even at blue360. I'm not sure if it can darken extract quite to the Fury level (it also has a larger bowl of course, no glass stem which is how I use my Fury) but the taste is much more pure, which I enjoy. When I tried a small load on demand style I could still extract it pretty well, if not necessarily as well as others more designed for microdosing...

rozroz

Hi there..
i might get me one. Good reviews.
But i wanna use it only with capsules..
I read that the Fury capsules Are a Bit smal to fit perfectly.
Are there any better options to use?

Shit Snacks

Hi there..
i might get me one. Good reviews.
But i wanna use it only with capsules..
I read that the Fury capsules Are a Bit smal to fit perfectly.
Are there any better options to use?

I will see how the fierce capsules fit for you, it seems like using a capsule may not be the best way to get the most out of the Eden though... After all it is not designed for them, and I personally prefer the quartz chamber. It is possible that a s&b capsule could work better however

rozroz

I will see how the fierce capsules fit for you, it seems like using a capsule may not be the best way to get the most out of the Eden though... After all it is not designed for them, and I personally prefer the quartz chamber. It is possible that a s&b capsule could work better however

hmm... so you'd keep using it "naked"? i am just too spoiled by capsules

Shit Snacks

hmm... so you'd keep using it "naked"? i am just too spoiled by capsules

It is much simpler, and easy to keep clean as is, the way it was designed after all. Using capsules tends to just rob heat in my experience with pure convection... But that is only based on using the mistvape ones with my imp and VXL ELBs with Tubo and RBT. I've never used an s&b capsule, and I still haven't tested my fierce capsules yet since I prefer the glass stem system. Definitely personal preference, but I find the loading and unloading of them more tedious than having a bunch ready to go swapping in and out... I prefer greater efficiency and stronger flavor from "naked bowls" :lmao:

rozroz

It is much simpler, and easy to keep clean as is, the way it was designed after all. Using capsules tends to just rob heat in my experience with pure convection... But that is only based on using the mistvape ones with my imp and VXL ELBs with Tubo and RBT. I've never used an s&b capsule, and I still haven't tested my fierce capsules yet since I prefer the glass stem system. Definitely personal preference, but I find the loading and unloading of them more tedious than having a bunch ready to go swapping in and out... I prefer greater efficiency and stronger flavor from "naked bowls" :lmao:

so what's your best microdose use with the Eden? the one with the "on demand" trick? i like these ;)

shredder

I've been using an Eden for a couple days. Mostly on the the lowest settings. Blue and green. No real visible vapor, but a decent buzz regardless. The taste however is great.

It would be a great vape for anyone with lung problems, asthma, or someone who's sensitive and coughs a lot. Or just a flavor chaser. The flavor reminds me if my sic halo with rosin at low temps. Of course the effects are different.

I just tried a hybrid method of vaping for one four minute session on blue/green then finishing with @Shit Snacks method. Works great. The last hits aren't real tasty, but I do see vapor.

Last edited:

rozroz

Tbh taste is not my Main goal.
i mostly care about the precise effect if the high.
Willing to sacrifice clouds.
But i need to know if the target effect if the high is properly reached with this vape.
If the quartz chamber only produces excellent taste with less effect than i’m used to, lets say with the F2,
It might be problematic.

Shit Snacks

so what's your best microdose use with the Eden? the one with the "on demand" trick? i like these ;)

Always on demand! But my use is not really microdosing with this one honestly. I have other vapes better suited to that, but I will try some more microdose bowls for science. I think the way to do a microdose amount will be to start at red probably, if you really want to get the most out of a little bit... I prefer to load more and milk the low temps personally. I'm not as concerned with a deep full extraction, especially not here.

If you're just focused on effects, they are certainly here with this, even when you don't get clouds as mentioned you get nice buzz corresponding to the low temps. With a full bowl, the way I'm using it, one or two hits definitely gets me high like any good convection vape should... Again I will test more with the microdose, when I did before it certainly worked!

I've been using an Eden for a couple days. Mostly on the the lowest settings. Blue and green. No real visible vapor, but a decent buzz regardless. The taste however is great.

It would be a great vape for anyone with lung problems, asthma, or someone who's sensitive and coughs a lot. Or just a flavor chaser. The flavor reminds me if my sic halo with rosin at low temps. Of course the effects are different.

I just tried a hybrid method of vaping for one four minute session on blue/green then finishing with @Shit Snacks method. Works great. The last hits aren't real tasty, but I do see vapor.

Yeah! So try that with a fresh bowl even if blue, if not the first hit, you will see big vapor on the second! Even without the on-demand method I was seeing clouds on blue, but you of course get more clouds with a more full bowl and long deep draws. Glad to see more users popping up in here!

You have a nice tasteless quartz chamber, I would not introduce an aluminium cap to the mix, fine in a stinky old Mighty, but not here.:2c:

Haha yeah I'm with you bud, never tried those capsules, people seem obsessed with them even though they don't look particularly effective to me?

I used mine earlier with a 3/4 full bowl of the mimosa medium ground, I had a 10 minute walk to see a friends short play, so I took three hits on blue and one on green before I got there. Nice stony buzz that definitely lasted, I was even a little high an hour later, which is certainly a good mark for a good convection vape.

Top Bottom