limits of cannabutter

Cuthbert Sinclair

hello

so I've collected 20 grams of avb and I am thinking about making it into cannabutter.

the opportunity to do so doesn't come oftenly so I have decided to make the strongest possible cannabutter.

what I am asking everyone here is

1. is there a limit to the amount of herb that you can add to butter.
I've read everywhere that 1 Oz (28 grams) of bud should be cooked into 1 pound(450 grams approx) of butter.
what I'm asking is
if I cook about 20 grams of avb and 20 grams of bud into 200 grams of butter, will I end up wasting any herb ??

2. does adding soy litchen help extract more thc ?

3. I will use the method where I will bring the water to a simmering boil and then add 200grams of butter let it melt and follow it up with the 20 20 grams of avb and bud.

4. I read some where that cooking beyond 45 mins is like youve already extracted the majority of thc and cooking it beyond 45 mins is like your jus trying to extract frantical amounts of thc from the herb. so how long to cook it for I'd my question to you all

5. salted butter vs unsalted butter ?? which is more effective at absorbing the thc ??

the objective here is to overdose by eating one table spoon of budder
really request the help from you guys

Cuthbert Sinclair,

killick

But I like it!
re 5 - salted butter tastes like shite once it's infused. It's hard to describe. Some don't mind it, but I had to switch asap.

3. Thats what I would do with a smaller batch.

2. Yes - use about a table spoon for each cup of butter. In your case probably just 1. Lecithin is an emulsifier that helps things stick to fats, so promotes transfer of product. Most people avoid soy as it's GMO, opting for Sunflower instead. Use granules, not pills.

1. I'm sure there's a limit, but I think you are a ways from reaching it. Or you might go over. But it should be decent.

4. Can't recall times for stovetop. Cooking will decarb your bud to an extent. Being as your ABV is decarbed and your bud might not be. When I was making it this way I followed direction for fresh herb, and the ABV kicks it up a lot. I think you'll be fine. You'll likely be cooking something with the butter so it'll likely get another wee decarb then, as well.

5a. Coconut oil is easier to work with (it doesn't separate into 3 layers on heating, for example). Use it 1:1 in place of butter.

killick,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
:2c:
•use Coconut Oil instead of butter. Better bioavailability.
•Leave out the water.
•do use Lecithin as an emulsifier.
•for max strength in minimum oil, it is better to extract your herb and/or A&B with a solvent then infuse that concentrate into your Coconut oil.

To intentionally OD on edibles is a really bad idea. My experience with OD'ing was not fun. About 12 hours of "way too high", nausea and paranoia. I felt like an animal shot with a dozed tranquilizer darts.

wildything

Ime with using coconut oil for this method. I only get les potent batches if I have too much abv to bud ratio. Where I only put maybe a few grams in and the rest abv, I find that the bud does not get as properly and fully absorbed for some reason. However this was when I strained and have not been as I now use soy letchin but I have not tried doing that again because I felt the bud was totally lost in all the abv.

wildything,

Cuthbert Sinclair

:2c:
•use Coconut Oil instead of butter. Better bioavailability.
•Leave out the water.
•do use Lecithin as an emulsifier.
•for max strength in minimum oil, it is better to extract your herb and/or A&B with a solvent then infuse that concentrate into your Coconut oil.
I am unable to extract using the solvent method and I am looking for a way to cook it safely to get max effect

To intentionally OD on edibles is a really bad idea. My experience with OD'ing was not fun. About 12 hours of "way too high", nausea and paranoia. I felt like an animal shot with a dozed tranquilizer darts.
my friend thank you for your reply

and thank you for giving such an example :) very apt description of exactly what I want to achieve :) thank you very much

so jus to reconfirm

I take coconut oil
boil it in water (I'm scared to cook the oil straight without water as I am worried I will burn the oil while cooking it straight )
add 1 table spoon of soy litchen
add 20 grams of avb and 20 grams of bud
let it cook for 3 hours on a very low heat setting
strain it after cooking
let it cool n put it in the freezer
separate oil from water
get finished product
canna-coconut oil

is this the correct way ??

Cuthbert Sinclair,

Cuthbert Sinclair

my friend thank you for your reply

and thank you for giving such an example :) very apt description of exactly what I want to achieve :) thank you very much

so jus to reconfirm

I take coconut oil
boil it in water (I'm scared to cook the oil straight without water as I am worried I will burn the oil while cooking it straight )
add 1 table spoon of soy litchen
add 20 grams of avb and 20 grams of bud
let it cook for 3 hours on a very low heat setting
strain it after cooking
let it cool n put it in the freezer
separate oil from water
get finished product
canna-coconut oil

is this the correct way ??
I'm not being able to find coconut butter and soy litchen here
will unsalted butter without the soy litchen work ?? if so how will I have to cook it.

I am asking for everyone's help here coz I haven't found as good a forum around and I get only one chance to make budder. so I really don't wanna mess it up and I want it to be strong as hell

please help

Cuthbert Sinclair,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You can use butter but i prefer coconut oil. Coconut oil infused with cannabis doesn't have to be refrigerated either which is a plus. It's easier straining using the oil. I'm told it does a better extraction. You can buy soy lecithin online like through Amazon. The sunflower lecithin is what folks are using now.

If you want it strong, simmer for a long time and don't go above the heat suggested. Too high of heat will kill the potency your medicine.

Last edited:

Cuthbert Sinclair

ok im not being able to find soy lecithin or sunflower lecithin anywhere. can i cook without the soya lecithin granules ??

Cuthbert Sinclair,

Cuthbert Sinclair

I have no knowledge of the Indian marketplace. Health food store?
Great news I asked around a few places and I found soy lecithin :) and also virgin coconut oil. on the oil it says 10g serving has 10g of fat. but below it says saturated of which medium and long chain fatty acids 13.7g

I'm sorry I'm unable to attach a photo to my post

Cuthbert Sinclair,
Top Bottom