• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

caseball2051

Hmmm why have carbs if not used at all? Thanks for the feedback i will practice more this week.

Im not the vape designer but this seems to be where the air comes into the unit and gets heated up. The warm air travel to your load producing vapor.

I'd call these intake holes, not carbs. This is convection at work

Other Vapes have them and you can play with them to decrease airflow and increase temperature. Looking at you, vapman. But I wouldn't do that here.

I don't think this vape operates that way.

Last edited:

papa_ent

Im not the vape designer but this seems to be where the air comes into the unit and gets heated up. The warm air travel to your load producing vapor.

I'd call these intake holes, not carbs. This is convection at work

Other Vapes have them and you can play with them to decrease airflow and increase temperature. Looking at you, vapman. But I wouldn't do that here.

I don't think this vape operates that way.

Got it. Lol I am going to clean out my stem now that practice is over. I feathered the button and ignored the air holes and yep there are the clouds I was looking for. I'm going to enjoy this for a while. Thanks all.

Denis69

I did stick some tape on one carb, I feel I get some better control /w reduced airflow and anyway the use of 3 fingers to vape was too much for me :lol:

Regarding the incosistent results, I feel that the major parameter is the draw speed, if I pull too strong I get some combustion in the center of the load, but if I take my time everything is going smoothly.

However my vape stoped producing any vapor below 3.4V, I'd be curious about the minimum voltage you guys are getting with it

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
VAS is completely out of control here :(

Had a Lil' Bud in the mail yesterday. Seems I had been quite stoned while ordering and chosen a version without a stem...

Not much of a problem luckily, the Lil' Bud performs great with all the stems I got for my RBT devices, with some even better. Another really beautiful and great vape, can only recommend!

caseball2051

The minimum voltage recommended is 3,6V for this type of batteries.
You'll ruin them squeezing more than this if doing often.
And put always the postive end away of your face for safety.

The direction of the battery doesn't matter to performance at all?

Is this for battery safety?

My last vape that used an 18650 seemed to matter direction so I've been using it in the same direction with the nipple facing up.

If it's safer I'll definitely switch it up.

Last edited:
caseball2051,
Reactions: Bravesst

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Quick poll of sorts for everyone: Do you guys put a second screen on top of your material in the LB stem? I nearly always do but I'm thinking about quitting.

bossman,

el sargantano

The direction of the battery doesn't matter to performance at all?

Is this for battery safety?

My last vape that used an 18650 seemed to matter direction so I've been using it in the same direction with the nipple facing up.

If it's safer I'll definitely switch it up.

Actually its about user safety.
In a bad performing battery issue, they tend to let toxic vapors escape from the positive (nipple) end.
It doesn't matter about polarity for this device to work, so I always use them with the nipple away from where I put my lips (electronically speaking)

@bossman I did, but it adds a tiny bit of conduction and it's a PITA to remove or stir the load. It makes your battery last a little less, so I don't do it anymore.
To prevent your load not to fall into the device I just use it horitzontally as @P.A.M. shows in his videos.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Glad to see we're all sharing good information. I love the Lil' Bud *culture*, with everybody so helpful. After awhile, it takes on life of its own. Nice.

All my work has been with the Elite this past week or so, and I'm looking forward to getting back to Classic building. I have been able to get six Elite prototypes to pre-assembly in 2 days - I know because I've done it 3 times. First two attempts were oh so close to being built, but adjustments needed to be made, and starting a new batch became the best option.

When I do get back to Classic building, I'm considering this smaller batch concept, or at least not more than 10. Not sure if it's any one thing that has me moving so quickly, or just the greater degree of accuracy and consistency that eliminates the endless *fussing*, but this will prove to be a really good thing in the long term.

The way I see the time line going is the first prototype Elite being fully functional by the end of the month or sooner - I may have one built by the end of the week, but I rather under promise because it's not built until it's built. Once that happens, I can fill that first Elite order and get back to Classic order filling and / or inventory building. BTW - new heater arrived today, works really well. I also upgraded my dust collection a bit, as well tuned up my tablesaw and mortise jig. All adds up to a better Bud.

Just a reminder, the only sale right now is the Ambrosia Maple (code: ambrosia), saving you 10 percent on my soon to be Ambrosia Maple Lil' Bud Classic.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I would say, perhaps...don’t think of them as carbs at all, rather just the plumbing for the air supply for this style of vape. Use your breath speed and depth, combined with modulating the power switch. It’s individual, it’s Zen, it’s the Force...whatever you call it, it’s your own interaction with the vape. Which is the essential beauty of this class of device.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm about to order some Cherry, my best seller. This is for February's batch, first Classic batch of 2019, which will feature Cherry, Walnut, and Ambrosia Maple, and Maple, as well as a host of Blends, which might not even exist yet. I'd like to determine how much Cherry I'll need before purchasing stock. Let's flush out the Cherry lovers with a sale. couponcode: FEBRUARYCHERRY saves you 10% off the already low price of $189.
20181229-133512.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
You never know what's gonna happen when developing new stuff, but take a peek. So my big epiphany was flipping the grain orientation for the switch / wire box (as you can see in the pic below of both Classics and Elites in their pre-assmebled state).

What you're looking at here is 2 first ever Hard Maple Classics rescued from Elite miscalculations, as well as 2 Hard Maple Elites (one has the chip / cover plate dropped in). All have the flipped grain switch / wire box, all Cherry but one. Cherry worked just fine for the Elite board mortise with the grain reoriented (PH did not), but PH will work flipped in any Classic or Blend.

Maybe it's hard to see on a photo, but look at the way the grain meets up on the Elite that's lying flat. That kind of fit isn't possible with end grain. I'm so happy this worked out, and it was a PH / Elite problem. As you can see, as long as there is no chip mortise (Classics), the PH works just fine flipped (center rear unit). That sweeping end grain on each side is just a bonus!

I now have 4 *first ever* Hard Maple Classics (1 with PH s/b, and 3 with Cherry s/b) that can be made ready for shipping by next week. They are not posted on the website and I'm offering them here for $189 with roasting tube (add $10 for cooling tube). I'll ship first class for free (priority add $10).

Notice how nice the cover plate and board look dropped into the Elite body (buttons not attached).

20190110-151636.jpg

papa_ent

A convection vaporizer like Lil Bud needs a heat source to heat the air and then the air travel over the cannabis so you can inhale the cannabinoids.

If you block the airflow, the unit will not work properly if at all.

Agreed, though none of us can block it completely so that's not really relevant. There will be airflow if you carb it, just not enough. Really I should have just f'd with the device longer but I knew there was plenty of knowledge round here.

Having devoted a few days to Lil Bud I have gotten a feel for the timing and temp to get vapor. If I am outside I do have to feather the carb on one side cuz its fukn cold in MN and all that cold air is a problem for creating vapor. I realized this was part of my problem, I was trying to use it in my garage so it wouldnt get to temp w/out carbing. With ambient temp at general room temp no carb is needed to get the chamber up to temp. And yep draw speed and battery power are issues. And user intelligence, or lack thereof. Thanks for the input everyone.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I spoke about a couple of units that were *Rescue Buds* in that they were originally slotted to be Elites, but some specs were off and I was able to salvage 4 perfect Classics.

These Classics are special for another reason, they are the first Hard Maple LB's, as well as the first units with a flipped switch box, grain running side to side for a an enhanced cosmetic effect.

This Lil' guy is Hard Maple / PH switch box. I'm outta tubes (that's a personal tube) til next week, so if a roasting or cooling tube is a must, you'll have to wait a week or so.

Bare Bones: $169 w/ free First Class shipping / add $20 for 2 batts / add $25 for mouthpiece (back ordered) / add $35 for cooling tube (back ordered) / add $10 priority shipping / add $40 for battery gauge. I have 4 of these, just like this, one has a Cherry s/b.
20190111-171911.jpg

Soledron

Canada Post decided my Lil Bud needed to make a quick trip across the country before they finally brought it back the right direction. I got my hands on it last night and have been trying out some techniques. Initial impressions are really good, I love the way this thing looks, feels, and works.

There is definitely a learning curve but I am so far enjoying figuring out my favourite technique/setup.

https://imgur.com/a/6Ge4rmv

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Nice balance today of taking the Elite further, and building some inventory. This Maple / Cherry is off the chart. I found 2 maple tubes (one cooling, one standard) as well.

MAPLE / CHERRY: I love the flipped s/b, very clean looking
20190112-162952.jpg

1. Maple / Cherry
  2. Cherry / PH
  3. PH / Walnut / Cherry / PH
  4. PH / Cherry / Maple / PH
  5. Maple / PH
Any unit in the pic below, $169 BB / tube $25 / cooling tube $35 / shipping first class free - priority $10 / gauge $40 If purchased today, I can ship Monday.
20190112-163023.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
The Elite prototype #1 is looking good. Time to evaluate what specs I've decided upon, and see what needs to be tweaked. Just built another Maple / Cherry Classic and decided to give it a go. Maple is a nice hard ass wood, and the Cherry switch box almost looks full brown next to the light Maple. I snuck in a Cherry back plate as well for a cool effect. The unit is an 1/8 of inch narrower, as I sliced a hair off of each side of the unit. The accuracy of my new drill press set up has allowed me to tighten things up considerably, and that's the reason for the tighter tolerances.

If feels great in my hand. It's light and narrow, especially after testing the Elite. The units is cooler to the touch, might be a product of the hard maple. I still need to do the *final finish*, but it's glass like. It weighs nothing, I think the battery might be half the weight. Everything about these latest x/y axis produced device with the cross grained switchbox is cosmetically outstanding.

Lil' Bud 4.0
Cross grained switch box
Narrower by a full 1/8 inch
Built with the accuracy of an x / y axis drill press
Major cosmetic improvements with fit and finish

Maple Flash Sale (FC only): $159 Bare Bones

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Welcome aboard all new members. Unregulated, or self regulated as we say, LB is a tasty beast. I'm sure you're gonna love your walnut unit @THeJokEr . My new walnut stock just arrived, haven't had a chance to size it yet, but I'm looking forward to getting back to building some really cool Walnut Classics. I can't wait to build a Walnut unit with the flip grained s/b.
20181229-133428.jpg

Top Bottom