Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I need to get out one last batch of Classics for 2018 while I await button arrival. Not a bad way to end the year. I'm looking forward to posting some cool pics of the first ever actual Quad Buds - four layers (3 on the battery side, 1 on the taper side).

Today's Steal of the Day
This little hottie has been around for awhile and needs to find a good home. It's got an 8 mm distance from coil to tube vs standard 10 mm on most other units. This makes using a standard tube more of a challenge. Problem solved with a recessed, glass lined, cooling tube which sets the load back at least 6 mm, more if you desire. The cooling tube is now FREE with this Black n Tan Classic, now on sale exclusively here for $150 / free domestic shipping.
20181217-072235.jpg

caseball2051

Is there a video review of this vape yet?

Like a video of loading, hitting, abv, likes, dislikes, etc?

I've only seen a couple of few but not anything comprehensive.

caseball2051,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Is there a video review of this vape yet?

Like a video of loading, hitting, abv, likes, dislikes, etc?

I've only seen a couple of few but not anything comprehensive.
There isn't .

Tell us what you are looking for or what vape you currently have ? You been a member since 2010, shouldn't be too hard for a few members here to help you answer your questions .

I've yet to post pics of my 2 tubes received by Alan, been extra busy past few weeks. I've only used the 2.5" oak tube with glass liner so far. Saving the longer tube for a special occasion.

The short tube has the bigger diameter bowl, with telescopic glass insert . I don't pull the glass out . Hits are sooo smooth , bigger and denser cloud formation , darker and more even roast. The smaller diameter mouthtip is more comfortable and easier to draw from. Nothing but good to say about the cooling tubes really. I still use stock tubes outdoors, no risk of breaking glass inserts that way and offers the vintage LB experience. Both stems kick ass! Pics to come ! Fine I guess I can empty memory space and make a how to load your stem video .

You just suck weed in it like one would sniff a line really , :lol:that easy . Or pack it by hand . Pack it abit and the herb doesn't fall out. Place roasting tube/stem in LB and go !

I do need to clean my YouTube library as well, save the best LB videos and delete the rest. Been having fun with a few of you with them but I understand a good portion of the vids aren't informational persay. I thought by now other folks would have picked up from there and make some vid's of their own but i know how it is with illegal states , privacy , etc .

Vape On!

caseball2051

I've got a handful of Vapes but the only on demand convection vape I have is regulated aka Haze square. I've never owned an unregulated vape like this but I noticed this rash last week and it looked alot like the last time I had VAS. Unfortunately we both know there's only one cure.

I recently bought a vapman after a brief VAS flare up. Seeing someone sesh, load, unload, discuss their likes and dislikes, etc was helpful in purchasing and my confidence and usability upon receiving the product.

I understand how it works and all that I guess iI jus want to see it. I've seen your videos and I guess I'm just looking for something more thorough or comprehensive that shows off the unit a little more.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I've got a handful of Vapes but the only on demand convection vape I have is regulated aka Haze square. I've never owned an unregulated vape like this but I noticed this rash last week and it looked alot like the last time I had VAS. Unfortunately we both know there's only one cure.

I recently bought a vapman after a brief VAS flare up. Seeing someone sesh, load, unload, discuss their likes and dislikes, etc was helpful in purchasing and my confidence and usability upon receiving the product.

I understand how it works and all that I guess iI jus want to see it. I've seen your videos and I guess I'm just looking for something more thorough or comprehensive that shows off the unit a little more.

I understand your need for a comprehensive video. I can tell you that LB, especially with the recessed cooling tube, with the glass insert, has taken unregulated to another level. It hits hard like an unregulated, on demand, convection vape should, while delivering plenty of smooth taste, without too much effort and lots of control. The most effort goes into the bit of herb prep (dry and grind) that I feel gives the best possible session. I can also warn to no overload, as LB responds best to about .1 to .2 grams lightly tamped, or just fill the basket.

Speaking of cooling tubes, I noticed after a couple of weeks of heavy use, my screen slipped back about 1/8" deeper into the tube. I barely noticed, other than it's a bit gummier when emptying out. Even at this distance (now a full 3/4" from coil to herb), I have no problem getting immediate vapor, or running batts down real low.

Looks like I'm working with 20 coils, as I stripped and tinned 40 lengths of #18 stranded wire. Next I'll modify the connectors and one inch wood disks, all fussy, tedious stuff that needs to be done just right, and what makes LB so functionally solid - no shortcuts! Forming perfect coils makes final assembly easy, no muss, no fuss, it all just falls together. No rushing the coil building...

Last edited:
Bravesst,
Reactions: YaMon

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning FC...

No shop today, only day this week.
Who wants a Lil' Bud before year's end at an incredibly low price? I have 2 Classic cherry units unspoken for that will make the 2018 cut off. Sale 10percent is still in effect. That puts a LB in your hands for $171 with available free shipping.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Damn life gets in the way of life. I worked in Manhattan all day yesterday, today I have so much holiday running around to do, my shop time will be limited. I want to finish off the prep work and start actually forming coils. I love having a large stock of coils, just a matter of not enough time.

Elite buttons for the cover plate are on the way, but I am putting the Elite aside until this batch of Classics is shipped. Once shipped, serious Elite production will begin. The Elite *waiting list* is currently being established. Anyone who's already placed a pre-order should receive their Elite in January. It'll cost you 50 bucks to get on the wait list, and this ensures a spot. The first waiting list orders will be filled in February 2019. I anticipate being able to build about 10 Elites per month, while keeping up with Classics, if demand is there. There is no waiting list for the Classic (about 1 month turn around, currently January).

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Sure hope there will still be time for the Timber!
Timber will be 2019's project, as the Elite has been in 2018, and Classic in 2017.

Right now there are 20 coils ready to happen, and I'll be in the shop all day Thursday forming them, Friday buffing up wood bodies, and Sunday doing final assemblies. A select few of those units will be offered as deals of the day - stay tuned.

I've fallen in love with the Classic Cherry unit and PH switch box combination. I built 2 to showcase. The multi layered PH units are also incredible looking, as are the understated, multi layered Black n Tans. Cosmetically, these units have the advantage of over 100 LB's that came before them. The real increase in value, in my personal opinion, is in the ease of use that comes with the tweaked out coil configuration combined with the $10 cooling tube upgrade. As a smoothness and taste chaser, I don't want anything else.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Timber will be 2019's project, as the Elite has been in 2018, and Classic in 2017.

Right now there are 20 coils ready to happen, and I'll be in the shop all day Thursday forming them, Friday buffing up wood bodies, and Sunday doing final assemblies. A select few of those units will be offered as deals of the day - stay tuned.

I've fallen in love with the Classic Cherry unit and PH switch box combination. I built 2 to showcase. The multi layered PH units are also incredible looking, as are the understated, multi layered Black n Tans. Cosmetically, these units have the advantage of over 100 LB's that came before them. The real increase in value, in my personal opinion, is in the ease of use that comes with the tweaked out coil configuration combined with the $10 cooling tube upgrade. As a smoothness and taste chaser, I don't want anything else.
This post is worthless without pictures!! (But that could wait until after you get your 2018 orders shipped)

YaMon,

sickmanfraud

This post is worthless without pictures!! (But that could wait until after you get your 2018 orders shipped)

Why is the post worthless?

There is a link to his website in his signature section for anyone who does not know how remarkable the LBs are.

sickmanfraud,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
ALERT IN NY STATE
My wife just called me, she just heard on WINS news that the Mayor and Governor are holding a press conference on recreational legalization in NY state. I had a feeling this was gonna happen soon. About time. This makes me happy, to be able to get flower for LB, legally, any time. She also mentioned big alcohol getting involved in nonalcoholic, cannabis based drinks. Let's hope this all goes in the right direction.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's what I've already posted. Cherry / PH not shown. Coils for these units are being worked on today.
20181103-165058.jpg

20181212-142551.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I brought 5 coils to completion, 15 more fully prepped, ready to be formed. The actual rolling of the coil, for this 5, took about 50 minutes. Loosely figuring out the time it takes to build 20 coils:

Prepping wires: 2 hours
Prepping splices / disks: 1 hour
Attach mesh to wire: 1 hour
Rolling coil / attaching to disk: 3 hours
TOTAL: 7 hours or 420 minutes / 20 = 21 minutes per coil

So let's call it approximately 20 minutes per coil. This is not the kind of work you can do for 7 straight hours. It's tough on the eyes, hands, neck, and patience. I don't think I worked more than 2 hours without a break, and that's why it takes a couple of days.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@rogrog and @caseball2051 , here is a video , approximately a minute long about how to load your tube ! Wish it helps you for that part
of the equation. You can choose the size of your bowl (amount of herb used) by pushing your screen further in the tube if desired . I've used -0.05 to 0.20g loads with great results, 0.08 is about the perfect size load for premiun roast *in my experience* . we all have our own ways and techniques that vary from one another. Since you like dislikes , a smaller bowl tube version or microdosing specific tube could be a neat option that isn't mentioned much.

I received my d-020 , stay tuned ! Same vape channel :ko: who knows what time :cool:

Vape On !

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Very cool @P.A.M.

While I do have some work to do before finish, I plan on taking 10 or 12 units to final assembly over the next few days. Once that happens, look for some really cool pics showcasing some Cherry, Walnut, and multi layered Blends. This batch will then ship right after Christmas.

At this point, if you want a 2018 unit, you have 3 of options.
1. All Cherry
2. Cherry / PH switch box
3. Multi layered Blends (shown in previous pics)
4. One last Walnut (possibly sold)

Once this batch is out the door, next batch of Classics will be fulfilled at the end of January.

papa_ent

Ordered one of those cherry beauties from the site. I have been stalking for awhile but not realistically and today I got my xmas bonus. Yeeeeeah. The coupon 10percent still works btw. So difficult to choose between the walnut and cherry and i kinda think i cant go wrong. Only read the last 20 or so pages but thanks to all for the information that made this so intriguing and comfortable to purchase. New w warranty of course lol.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Sales have picked up a bit, mostly Cherry Classics, which have been on sale with the coupon code: 10PERCENT (expires Christmas Day). Now it's time to focus on 2019 and Walnut! I've been all over Ebay, searching for some nice gnarly, figured stuff, and I'm excited by what I've found.

First Batch of 2019 Walnut Sale
Coupon Code: WHERESWALNUT - save 10%

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Final sanding and beeswax application is tedious, but the beauty begins to pop. I've got 9 solid Cherry classics, with 8 spoken for (one homeless) about to be assembled. Also have 2 Cherry Classics with PH switch boxes, not spoken for. These beauties could make the 2018 cut and ship this week.

Available for 2018 shipping
1 Cherry Classic
2 Cherry / PH s/b
Various Cherry / Walnut Blends with PH accents
1 Three-Layer Black and Tan (walnut and cherry)

If you purchase on the website, you'll wind up in the January batch, so this is purely on FC. PM or email for pricing.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good Morning!!!

It's not snowing in NY, and I'm happy! There was a woke and toke situation going on at Vapwood HQ this AM. Not that that's so unusual, but I'm in a rather good mood. Lots going on over the next few days, but there will still be plenty of shop time. I just about finished my coil forming, as I got on quite a roll. The intricacies of coil forming are almost impossible to relay accurately, but I developed a technique to get the outer layers of the spiral to conform to the uniform, but ever changing radius, of our coil shape. This was probably my overall biggest challenge of this entire process, and requires the most skill and technique to get it right in a practical amount of time. I'm happy to say, I feel very confident after forming the last 20. Early on, I was lucky to get 2 coils formed in an hour, last night I got 7 or 8 done in that same period of time. And not only is it quicker, but much less frustrating and more enjoyable when you feel confident in every step of the process. It's a good time to be a LB maker (and customer).

The batch is so buffed, I'm impressed. I added two more steps to the sanding process. In addition to the all the belt, disk, and hand sanding down to 600, I use some *turning sandpaper*, and it sort of forms a one inch strap that I can run briskly over the edges, corners in a shoe shine kind of manor. After that I take the finest sanding block I can find and real buff the shit out of the edges, corners, and one more pass with 600 paper. Then it's beeswax and power buffing. I promise to photograph every one. A few of these will show up as deals of the day in upcoming days, weeks.

caseball2051

Hey lil buds. I'm looking for a couple of pieces of information before my unit arrives.

1. Where can I buy screens? Saw these from ddave. These will work yes? I lIke to have everything on hand and spares.

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p11/18mm_Vaporizer_Wand___3_Basket_Screens.html

2. I checked the site but couldn't find this info. What's are the exact dimensions of the unit? Upon arrival does it come with a cheap bag or anything for storage and carrying?

3. I'm looking or something to use to carry my unit, an extra battery. Anyone got any options they really enjoy using? Open to anything, wanna keep this unit looking good. My brother knits and I was thinking of commissioning a sleeve or bag from him.

4. Will a lil bud stem and an 18650 fit together in a dual battery carrying case?

caseball2051,
Reactions: Bravesst

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@caseball2051
Can only assist with parts of your inquiry.
No, the Lil'Buds do not come with any carry solutions. I personally need to commission some folks on etsy for bags for my vapes, if I had loved ones who knitted/sewed by all means I would turn to them. I do not think a stem would fit in a dual battery carrying case, especially some of the newer Lil'Bud stem options- but I have not tried, either. We are alike in wanting to know of parts and spares going in.

Vapeur Rogue,
Top Bottom