• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I do not preheat . Lil'Bud as NO heat up time . Ok , maybe a second or two . Fine 2-3sec since the builder says so, haha .

That said, I like to press the button and immediately put stem to mouth and start inhaling , slowly. My theory is that I can get the low end temp terpenes and even keep the bowl very fresh for a good amount of draws doing so .

Anyone who has viewed my last video as witnessed me realizing very early in the first draw I had forgotten my battery safety tab on. :doh::lol:. How would I have noticed right away if not for the fast heating insta Heat Lil' Bud ?

Oh I got me some nice tubes from Alan which i will share about next day or two. One word for now, wicked!

Vape on ! :rockon:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@P.A.M.
Insta heat is the right term (Thanks @Alan, the inventor of the insta-heat coil). When Lil' Bud was being designed, prototypes built, it was like vape building 101 for me. Our goal was a really well built appliance, no shortcuts. This meant finding ways to make rock solid electrical connections, so as to get all that 18650 power into the coil - FAST. Lil' Bud was engineered for speed from the ground up. Once the new 3 amp switch was added to the mix quality parts, viola, the circuit was complete - literally. Without any heat stealing attributes, that heat is instantaneously available to be be pulled right through your product in a couple of seconds.

The Deal of the Day
Many have wanted to buy this unit. It's a Black and Tan (walnut / cherry) Blend. I was experimenting with optimum stem to coil distances, and this one wound up pretty close (standard is 10 mm, this is about 8 mm), and it is best used with a cooling tube. For that reason, it's going on sale today, with a walnut or cherry cooling tube at $175 with FREE domestic shipping.
Blend3.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Just been browsing vapes, reading threads, surfing websites, and many people are arguing about convection. My vaping expertise sort of evolved a bit differently than many vape manufacturers. My first vapes, I guess, were mostly conduction. When I got my first taste of convection, pure convection, where the ONLY thing cooking the herb was air, I was blown away by the taste and effect.

Pure convection means no oven. With LB, the coil sits in a chamber lined with reflective foil, preventing the heat from escaping in the wrong direction. The roasting tube sits 10 mm above the coil. The wooden tube will never get warm enough to conduct heat to the herb. The only heat that hits the weed is hot air that must be pulled through by you. That's why manual regulation works so well with this type of configuration. You need a powerful heat source for this to work, but you pull / draw just what you need - kinda simple. On demand manual convection just works. Not sure manually regulated conduction would work so to well.

DirtyD

I have one of the earlier lil bud models- pre foil liner- so it's just me, the coil, cherry wood and material. I get huge fat thick hits or lighter flavor pulls, I can choose each time. As long as I make a good puck, I just press button a few seconds , lightly cigar puff it and a ball of heat is ready, just drag it through the mp and material. One day when I get some more money I'll buy another cherry wood unit in newest incarnation. Although it's hard to imagine this vape hitting any harder. Great work Mike, I swear I've dropped this thing 10 times since I've had it and it just keeps on blasting out huge tasty customizable rips every time I use it. Still loving this vape! Cheers, D.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning FC

I've extended the Cherry Classic flash sale. Save 10% with coupon code: 10PERCENT
A few have already taken advantage of this sale. If you want to get in on Lil' Bud for the best possible price, with cooling tube upgrade option ($20), this is the best deal yet.

The Batch System is finished. Currently, I will use a simple *Cut Off*. Right now, if you purchase a Classic or Blend today, projected turn around time for a *Purchase Today* is still end of December, the Elite it's January. Once this fills, I'll change the projected shipping to the following month. December is just about full.

https://vapwood.com

The X / Y axis vice might be one of the best investments I've made. For my purposes, it turns a drill press into a milling machine. I can now quickly and repeatably, bore holes in small parts with ease and accuracy.

I apologize for those waiting for deliveries. I got held up on a couple of items and will be shipping Monday. As always, this turns out to be a pretty large batch. Once these units are shipped, and Alan goes to work on the buttons for the Elite, Elite production shouldn't be too far behind.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I need to get more organized. My shop isn't *bad*, but it's not great. At work yesterday, I met a woman who is a home organizer, you know, closets, basements, shops. She had some advice, get rid of everything you don't use, and organize one thing at a time. Today, I start small, getting rid of all the crap I don't use on my assembly work bench. I also need to separate stuff into categories of what I use a lot and what is hardly ever used, as well as by item type. Time to get more efficient than ever.

This bad boy is still hanging in there. Stellar LB 2-Face Blend for only $150 with free domestic shipping / $175 with a cherry, walnut, or maple roasting tube. I've also had quite a few inquiries on my PH / Maple cosmetic flaw unit, and the buyer has now decided to trade up to an on sale Cherry Classic, so that may also be available again.

rs-w-1440-h-1440.jpg

rogrog

is there a video that's a complete overview of the lil bud? like, how to pack it, how to vape it, tips, review, etc. seems every video on youtube is just a guy puffing away...which is cool & all, but I'm looking for something more informational so I can decide if this vaporizer is for me.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
is there a video that's a complete overview of the lil bud? like, how to pack it, how to vape it, tips, review, etc. seems every video on youtube is just a guy puffing away...which is cool & all, but I'm looking for something more informational so I can decide if this vaporizer is for me.
Well sorrryyy , lol , I'll get on it! Lol . Packing the LB is very simple , so is "how to vape it". Stay tuned !

Vape on!

I had promised Mike a more "professional" video review when receiving my Blend 006 but not sure where it went :lol:

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

For packing I tend hand grind then use the tube like a straw and suck up as much as I can. When can no longer suck any more into the tube it’s packed.

From there it’s basically press the button and inhale. Even thou this device is unregulated Mike’s done a great job with the coil and it’s spacing to make it easy to use.

When loads finished I blow out the abv material well still warm. Saves on the work of having to to clean tube or screen.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I think another LB video is in order - soup to nuts. Many questions from potential customers would be answered in one comprehensive, from prep to maintenance, video. I find that since I started to dry AND shred / grind, my sessions are more consistent, less stirring is required, and only to fully extract. For now, here are 10 DO's for newbies to get started with.

10 DO'S
1. Dry, shred product to a fluffy powder.
2. Place screen into stem about 1/8 from the tip.
3. Load and gently tamp, filling just basket screen. Do not over pack. Some like to suck weed through tube like a straw to evenly load
4. Press the button as you put the tube to your lips. Don't be trigger shy. It's the breath that provides the final control.
5. Begin to draw slowly, almost immediately the load will begin to release vapor.
6. Keep pulling, pressing for few seconds, manually sensing the level of heat and vapor present.
7. Stop drawing, release trigger when the satisfied. Your breath and button depression control the session.
8. After about 4 to 6 hits, some stirring will bring the load back to brand new
9. When load is spent, clean out with a stir / pic tool. Some just blow out with breath.
10. Pick screen clean, or swap out when draw gets restricted.

About Lil' Bud
LB is an all wood, on demand, manually regulated, dry herb, vaporizer. It is powered by a stainless steel mesh coil that is just over a half inch in diameter and about a three quarters of an inch deep. The coil is housed in a stainless steel (food grade) foil lined compartment. A stainless steel, 3 amp, momentary push switch, is the only electronic component on board, which connects the coil to a single 18650 Li ion battery. Above the coil is the tapered 19/22, all wood joint that pares with custom wood roasting tube, available with many options, including glass lined cooling tube. The battery is accessed via the rear of the unit, via a powerfully magnetic wooden cover.

When the momentary switch is engaged, the coil is energized, providing an immediate, high volume of heat available to be pulled through your product. The breath controls the entire process of heat transfer, and vapor production, for a pure, 100 percent, convection experience. The coil spacing has been configured for optimal performance, as well as taste and smoothness.

Lil' Bud is an incredibly reliable, powerful, vape extraction machine that is totally under user control. Every unit is handcrafted from select hardwoods in very small batches, which makes LB a true collector's item.

Cooling Tubes
I've been using the standard cooling tube with 12 mm glass insert. I also have a longer tube with a 10 mm insert which I take out for those super smooth sessions, or when my throat is a bit irritated. I have a few in stock ready to ship with new orders. I suggest you contact @Alan directly if you want just a tube.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Playing with batteries...
So, everybody loves the high capacity batts. I decided to give something else a try.
  • Samsung 36G 18650 3600mAh 10A Battery
  • LG MJ1 18650 3500mAh 10A Battery
The ten AMP output might be enough, might not, but would last even longer and keep things cooler. Got the 36G going right now, and first impression is it makes nice vapor at 10 amps, but it is no cooler. I'm still using the recessed cooling tube, and it seems to work well. If the coil will reach its optimum output at 10 amps, it might just workout. Just an experiment, as my 30Q's do an amazing job. I will slip these 2 into my rotation and see how it goes. As I near the end of the session with the 36G, I'm a bit underwhelmed. It seems like I have to work a bit harder to get results. Maybe that's just an adjustment on my part. Makes me think that regulating the battery might not make it better for some of us. The 30Q does provide that 15 amp sweet spot. Interesting to see where this will lead.
UPDATE: It's led to me loving the original Samsung 30Q as the top battery for Lil' Bud.

A got a flurry of sales that will make it in time for the New Year. I'm going to extend the sale on the Cherry Classic for few days. Coupon code 10PERCENT will put a cherry unit with roasting tube in your hands for $171 (domestic FREE shipping is now available).

I am in my shop ALL week, and will be catching up on the recent sales, working on the Elite design. The Elite work has spilled over, as I'm not surprised. My ability to work with very small tolerances has improved. I've also acquired some new tools that will enhance this process dramatically. Some good shit happening for Vapwood.

Last edited:

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
Can you use straight glass stems with the LB? Maybe my Splinter stems? Apologies if it's here and I'm asking again but I honestly looked and didn't see it. Have a wonderful day!

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Can you use straight glass stems with the LB? Maybe my Splinter stems? Apologies if it's here and I'm asking again but I honestly looked and didn't see it. Have a wonderful day!

I think so. My old Milaana glass stems work. But honestly, they pale in comparison to a glass-lined wood roasting tube from @Alan Using that stem in my LB has been nearly life-altering. It's certainly curtailed my VAS.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Got my cover plates sent off to @Alan for custom button creation. In the meantime, here's what I'll be working on...
20181212-142551.jpg

Walnut / PH / Cherry -------- Cherry / Walnut ------- Classic Cherry --- Cherry/ PH / Walnut --- Highly Figured Walnut

SALE PRICING
Blends $219 / now $199 with standard roasting tube / $219 with glass lined cooling tube
Walnut $209 / now $199 with standard roasting tube / $219 with glass lined cooling tube
Cherry $189 / use coupon code 10PERCENT for across the board savings

*first five orders will make the 2018 cut off...

always

Just a heads up to anyone considering a secondhand Lil Bud.

I had my lightly used Lil Bud 1.0 for 3 days and it failed. I figured no biggie - I read this thread before purchasing and the builder seemed chill and more than willing to fix the faulty underspec'd switches, but the only options given by Vapwood were to replace the faulty switch with another one that is likely to fail or to buy a new unit at a reduced price of $145.

At this point I'll probably put in a different switch myself and share a set of set of tear down pics to help other users in the same situation.

always,
Reactions: Kfirrer

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I have a feeling most of members who frequent this thread have seen the insides of LB at one time or another, as I've posted assembly videos and images, highlighting switch installation. Most of the members here also know how many switches I replaced for free. I guess the lesson learned is buy new and get the warranty. Even though since the new switch, break downs don't really happen (one so far, and I easily replaced it). Once you sell the unit, the warranty is void, the discounted price I offered ($145) saved half of what was originally paid for the second hand unit. Anyone who has a unit with the larger 3 amp switch (new or used), it is easily replaceable, however the 2 amp switched units cannot be rebuilt with the 3 amp switch, and must be replaced.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great progress on the end of year batch. I've got 21 Classics / Blends at just about pre-assembly. This is the first batch that the new x / y axis vice is being used. It's a HUGE time saver, and what's allowing me to run some of these end-0f-year price breaks. Boring perfect holes in the switch box is now just routine. Today I drilled out 21 with no fuss in about an hour. Squaring up each hole with a chisel to provide clearance for the switch nut, now takes about 5 minutes per box. In under 10 minutes I'm able to prep each box - vs more like 30 minutes when I first got started, and 15 minutes before the x / y vice.

Last edited:

RushVaporTrails

I guess the lesson learned is buy new and get the warranty. Even though since the new switch, break downs don't really happen (one so far, and I easily replaced it).

Yes, he did!!!!

It was my quilted maple with the new switch that stopped producing heat.

I contacted @Bravesst and mailed him my LB.

Just got it back. New Switch. Just like new. Using @Alan 4" glass lined wood tube, I had my very finest LB session ever.

If you have read thru these many pages of LB, one thing is for sure, Mike (@Bravesst ) personally cares about his product and his customers.

I love the fact that you can communicate directly with the person who created and produced this amazing vape.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Yes, he did!!!!

It was my quilted maple with the new switch that stopped producing heat.

I contacted @Bravesst and mailed him my LB.

Just got it back. New Switch. Just like new. Using @Alan 4" glass lined wood tube, I had my very finest LB session ever.

If you have read thru these many pages of LB, one thing is for sure, Mike (@Bravesst ) personally cares about his product and his customers.

I love the fact that you can communicate directly with the person who created and produced this amazing vape.
So glad you got it back safe and sound. I swapped out the switch, changed the terminals, buffed it up a bit, and it worked like an LB should. Nice to know it's an easy swap out at this point. I am also using a 4 inch glass lined @Alan tube, and enjoying the crap out of it. The tube is essentially where all vaporization takes place, and Alan does a magnificent job creating endless varieties. One day, I'd love to invest in a precision lathe and learn to turn myself - maybe lighten some of Alan's workload, or create a hybrid half square, half round, half portable, half plug in, BudHi (pronounced Buddy). One can only dream of what the future holds.

Cherry Classics keep selling at this rock bottom price (coupon code: 10PERCENT). I now have 3 spots left before the last Classics of 2018 are built. In addition to the Cherry sale on the website, I also have some Blends and a single Figured Walnut unit that I'm offering for sale right here at $199 with standard roasting tube, with $10 extra for a glass lined cooling tube. (see pic in yesterday's post)

Today I'll crank. I can move inside for pre-assembly, giving my back / hip issue a bit of a break. I'm going for therapy a few days a week now, and things are improving, but there needs to be a balance between work and rest. That the great thing (or dangerous thing) about working from home, you're always a few steps away from putting your feet up.

EDIT:
On a break, feet up.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I pre-assembled 22 units today (switch boxes attached) and sanded everything to a nice 320 grit. I still need to round all the top / bottom corner edges. I may try something different this time around, as I've yet to find an easy way to do this, either by hand or machine. I was using a oscillating drum sander with good results, but it crapped out on me. I replaced it with the belt / disc machine. I may try and repair it tomorrow morning, as it's the least aggressive machine I've used,

After these units are fitted with back plates, and drilled out for switches, it'll be time to set aside the sold LB's, and begin the process of final assembly for about 10 units.

Reminder about the 10PERCENT coupon code, it's just for the Cherry Classic.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Man that walnut version is SWEET. I would love to see pics of that one finished. Is a walnut glass lined tube to match an option?
That walnut unit is pretty incredible, and is under construction and unclaimed. It will finish up really nice. Yes, a glass lined walnut tube is an option. This unit can be ready for a 2018 delivery, as can all the units shown in post #2312. I listed it at $199 (reg $209) with standard tube. This unit represents my last Walnut stock. I am about to order some more walnut for 2019, but not sure how much to get. I'm going to extend the 10 percent off sale to all Walnut Classics (code: 10PERCENTWALNUT) and get a feel of highly figured walnut demand, before I finalize my purchase. Sales starts now.

20181214-175349.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
My end of year batch is coming along nicely. I'm bringing 12 units to completion over the next week or so. Before anything ships, I'll post some pics. I'm also working on some special *deal of the day* units that I'll offer for sale soon. All 12 are ready for beeswax first thing tomorrow. Next step, coils!

There are 2 Cherry units with a Purple Heart switch box that are coming out really nice, and will soon make a nice deal of day.

Funny how interest in walnut has waned, while the interest in cherry has grown. I guess the cherry Classic with standard roasting tube at $170 (w/ 10 percent coupon code), makes the decision easier. Bottom line price on Walnut (w/ 10 percent) is more like $187 with standard tube. Add $10 for a cooling tube. I've also begun to offer a couple of different shipping options with FREE domestic shipping, and cheaper rates for international shipping.

Top Bottom