Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Lol if I can get my hands on one of those bored, holed drilled , glass inserted , thingy wingy magical tube I'll take a few pics so that everyone can see lol ..

None of it is rant or boring , all sounds super cool (get it ; awesome And cooling ) but we have been talking tube a long time in the dark. one time we seen the drilled holes on the side but have yet to see a photo example highlighting the differences . I can visualize the mods myself but still photos are worth a thousands words.

Rant over :lol:

I've been using my
Original First Walnut Batch LB to start my tubes this past week. My first LB being a tad slower & cooler then my newest LB, I can get mouthfuls of smooth, cool, tasty goodies . I roast it half way then switch to my LB Classic to finish the Load.
Somewhat practicing for the Elite I guess . I imagine long low temp hits will be so damn good on the Elite. Mmmm

Vape on!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning FC!!!
Ok
Been slacking off a bit lately, still not 100 percent past the chest cold. Thank God for the cooling tubes to smooth things out, but I've been cutting back a bit as well.

The holiday has slowed down deliveries. By the end of the week I should have my Elite parts, and I'll start moving forward on that. Alan's glass inserts will also arrive today, and I'll build a few cooling tubes over the next few days. I am also waiting on a larger wood roasting tube order for the next batch of Classics, as well as Elites.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning FC, and today is going to be a good one, I can feel it...

Big, big, big news on cooling tubes. @Alan sent me his latest version of the cooling tube. I will get back to you with all the exact specs, but the concept is a bit different as far as the bowl configuration. Back is the full length 22 mm, and the bored hole is now 14 mm x 5 mm deep. This is the HUGE change, the screen is now set past the bored hole, into the 12 mm ID. The glass insert can just about meet up with the screen.

He's sent me a longer 3 1/2" tube with these features, and by setting the screen so deep, the 22 mm taper can stay. The glass is inserted as always. The vapor is so smooth, so cool, so controllable that perforated holes would be superfluous, much like the shorter taper. I believe I can sell these for $40 in standard length tubes, and waiting on the pricing for the longer tubes.

For those who've already purchased a cooling tube and paid $50, I'll include an extra glass insert with each tube. My 14 mm drill bit arrives today, and I should get this sorted out this week.

I love loading his unit. The product is all nestled into the 12 mm inverted basket screen that sits beyond the 14 mm x 5 mm bore, which leaves a very thin wall for that last 5 mm. The dynamics of this set up seems to evenly heat like nothing I've experienced in LB. I am almost tempted to offer this as the standard tube with LB. We'll see. Hemp wasn't even necessary!

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@Bravesst
Exciting! Will there be a possible overheating problem with the glass that close to the screen? I trust @Allen knows what he his doing, but living in an area with extreme temps, + a distinct fear of broken glass which has even affected my VAS priorities, I have to inquire.

Re: stem options- have you thought of a drop down- where a customer could request your current/ now basic stem, or the one with the insert? Just an idea.

Vapeur Rogue,

SpudBob

Good morning FC, and today is going to be a good one, I can feel it...

Big, big, big news on cooling tubes. @Alan sent me his latest version of the cooling tube. I will get back to you with all the exact specs, but the concept is a bit different as far as the bowl configuration. Back is the full length 22 mm, and the bored hole is now 14 mm x 5 mm deep. This is the HUGE change, the screen is now set past the bored hole, into the 12 mm ID. The glass insert can just about meet up with the screen.

He's sent me a longer 3 1/2" tube with these features, and by setting the screen so deep, the 22 mm taper can stay. The glass is inserted as always. The vapor is so smooth, so cool, so controllable that perforated holes would be superfluous, much like the shorter taper. I believe I can sell these for $40 in standard length tubes, and waiting on the pricing for the longer tubes.

For those who've already purchased a cooling tube and paid $50, I'll include an extra glass insert with each tube. My 14 mm drill bit arrives today, and I should get this sorted out this week.

I love loading his unit. The product is all nestled into the 12 mm inverted basket screen that sits beyond the 14 mm x 5 mm bore, which leaves a very thin wall for that last 5 mm. The dynamics of this set up seems to evenly heat like nothing I've experienced in LB. I am almost tempted to offer this as the standard tube with LB. We'll see. Hemp wasn't even necessary!
Thats how Ive got mine set up with the screen deeper than previous set ups. The glass stem rests on top of the screen. It works good in the LB and even better in my Milaana!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Thats how Ive got mine set up with the screen deeper than previous set ups. The glass stem rests on top of the screen. It works good in the LB and even better in my Milaana!
This configuration just works. Maybe older versions would have struggled, but now it's the sweet spot.

I just modified a half dozen.

RushVaporTrails

2z7hqxj.jpg

e8n7nb.jpg

Like a few others, I also recently received a 4" roasting tube from @Alan.

First off, although we only interacted thru computers, @Alan was a pleasure to deal with and made the whole process simple and stress free.

My roasting tube has no holes in it or anything special, just the wood tube and the glass insert.

Since I received it a few weeks ago, I have not touched the original stem I received from @Bravesst when I bought my first LB.

Not sure if this is a good analogy or not, but I look at the roasting tube similar to a set of wheels and tires on a car. It is, after all, the only part of the car that actually touches the road and a good part of your driving experience can vary based on what kind of wheels and tires are mounted.

I look at the tube in a similar way as its the only part of the LB experience that holds your material and its the part your mouth takes in the vapor.

I cannot say enough that if you enjoy the LB with an original short tube, get one of these 4" long tubes with the glass insert. I have had such wonderful results with it and you can also easily harvest all that golden goodness left on the glass tube.

I doubt I will ever use the original short stem again.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Besx Bux screwed me... waited all day, no computer delivery. Still dealing with this bs. I managed to get some Elite work done. Check the Elite thread for updates on my progress with the cover plate.

This computer issue has all but shut down correspondence. I apologize for not getting back to people in a timely manner. Right now, I'm taking advantage of the fact that it's actually working okay.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm baaaaack! I wound up with a 13 laptop from Dell. Being able to type normally is a relief. Been really busy last few days. Today I got back into the shop for a couple of hours, working on the Elite cover plate. Made some progress, but not much. That chest cold is hanging on a bit, and also slowing me down. Had our first snow (not a good sign) in New York as well. I'm looking forward to getting back to full swing this week.

I'm going get back to building some inventory, while figuring out the Elite. I'm so pleased with the performance of LB combined with the *cooling tubes*, I don't feel the need to make any immediate tweaks. We are on cruise control...

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hello All,

Really diving into the Elite, taking up much of my time. Without a CNC machine, it's all about good set ups, and this time around my skills are up to the task right out of the box. This is exactly how the Classic came together, just about one year ago. As a matter of fact, November is our anniversary month, and to celebrate, I'd like to offer a 10 percent discount on every Lil' Bud Classic and Blend.

coupon code: NOVEMBERVAPOR

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Welcome back , Mike ! Glad you got working keys and working T's again!

I've got some roasting tubes on the way from @Alan ! I feel like a LB caveman with my stock tubes :freak: it will be cool to experiment with other tubage .

I'll still have lots of use for the stock tubes, they come in very handy and are easily pocketed for portable practicability.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
THE STATE OF VAPWOOD - 1 YEAR
Vapwood began production in November of last year, with the first LB shipping in February. Much like the progression of the Elite, the LB Classic was developed on the fly, one tweak at a time. That continuous improvement has brought the level of performance and beauty to where it is today. LB has proven itself as an on demand convection winner, in the world of dry herb portables. Manual regulation harnessed in a classic wooden package that can be taken apart and reassembled. Pure, classic, rock solid dependable.

All wood and steel air path
Insta-heat coil technology
3-amp virtually indestructible switch (only moving part)
Handcrafted, one LB at a time
Available manual regulation cooling tube (optional)

We started a little rough around the edges, learning how to transform my woodworking skills, and apply them to an electronic device. With the help and support of some really good people (thanks FC), we've sold over 100 units. The 3 amp switch has virtually turned me into the Maytag repairman, fortunately in time to develop the Elite. LB just works.

The Elite is coming together rapidly now that we've figured out the cover plate integration. My goal of December for shipping the first prototypes seems reasonable. At this point in development, not every issue is ironed out, so hard predictions are impossible, but the cover plate issue seems to be almost totally worked out, and by far the biggest challenge to overcome. The rest of the unit doesn't change all that much.
------------------------------------------
I've never built a Maple LB, but I've recently acquired Maple stock that I've been using for the Elite cover plate. I salvaged this stuff from NYC public school, seems virtually indestructible. Right after Thanksgiving, I'm going to build a few Indestructible Maple Units to work into my inventory.

For those who I owe cooling tubes, Friday looks like a postal day. Going forward, the cooling tubes have been standardized with the 12 mm ID, and 14 mm bore, with 12 mm glass insert. For now, I'm stocking the 2 1/2 inch tube only. In the future, I may stock longer tubes as well. @Alan is a busy man.
-------------------------------------------
I use my battery tester every day, especially when I haven't vaped for awhile and lost track, or I my hits are getting a bit weak. The back plate pops off in a second, and it is a simple job of touching contacts and getting a reading. It also keeps all wiring and electronics actually in LB to an absolute minimum. I feel it enhances the Classic experience and I am going to drop the price to $20 when buying a Cherry Classic unit. Remember, the coupon code: NOVEMBERVAPOR is still in effect, save 10%.

szano

Happy Anniversary and Congrats to you Mike! In a year you have rolled out one of the best portable vaporizers out there.

I have a half dozen of the top rated portables and another half dozen various and since I got the first
of three Lil Buds I just never reach for anything other than my LB. Absolutely agree "It just works"

Anyway, I have been a long long time lurker and this is my first post as I wanted to wish Mike and the
rest of the members of this great forum a very Happy Thanksgiving. The sharing of info and the friendliness here is outstanding!

………………………………….…………………………………….

Mike,
I just mailed you the walnut backplate from my Racing Stripe LB this morning so that you can match up the purple heart backplate that I originally wanted. Was hoping to get it back to you before you sent the two cooling tubes I had ordered but looks like they are going out tomorrow. If you want to hold my cooling tubes til you send the two backplates back to save you another postal trip, its fine with me. You should be getting the walnut backplate early next week.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hey All,

@szano all tubes went out today. Best idea is to let me match up a back plate exactly. My DD is pretty identical. That Blend doesn't get old. No worries on the extra mailing. I owe you, and all cooling tube purchasers, a $10 credit ($20 for you) on tubes that shipped today. In the end, the design that worked best was fairly simple to make, no perforations needed, just one 14 mm bored hole and a glass insert with optional hemp fiber included. Very nice set up. Right now, all that's available is the 2 1/2 model.

Happy Holidays!

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Happy holidays all you beautiful people !

I ,too, use my LB Battery Gauge accessory everyday! I am very thankful to have it . It's indispensable really. Custom Made for the LB. it's perfect. here's a 45 seconds demonstration video for anyone who missed . A person purchasing a Lil' Bud should jump on it, that's a great deal for such a cool gadget :nod:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Great little video. Quick, easy, no added parts to fail. I use mine daily. All of these Black Friday deals, and I wouldn't dare try and compete. I do have a NOVEMBERVAPOR coupon code that'll give you 10% off all Classics and Blends.

Thank you FC!

Bravesst,
Reactions: P.A.M.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@Bravesst Thank you Mike. I started vaping flower full-time a little over a year ago. The LB was only an idea at that point. It's been a joy watching it being developed and perfected, and even more fun holding one and getting great session after great session.

If could only have one vaporizer this is the one I'd want.

Happy Happy y'all.

Anaconda Gs

Vapor Adventures
Edit: found my answer by reading through the thread. I ordered a 19mm to 14mm double male adapter to use with my shower head water piece. In the meantime I’m going to connect it with a silicon tube to 14mm glass adapter.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
So hard to say if I had only one vape, which would it be...

Every day is different, every vape different. But let's compare Manual Regulation vs Automatic Regulation.

What Lil' Bud, as a manually regulated device, takes, is a bit of focus and concentration. Some of us love that part of the routine :lol:.

The automatic vs manual transmission analogy works so well that I continue to use it. Driving a car with a clutch is a much more *dedicated* experience, and some would say that you have much more control, with increased responsiveness (Classic). The trade off is you pretty much have to immerse yourself in the experience (that can be a real positive as well). This works well watching TV, reading, on the computer, one on one with someone, even a small dedicated group. But in a mixed or larger social setting where the main focus is not vaping, a bit more *help* might come in handy. A state of the art, automatic unit allows you to be more relaxed, calls for somewhat less intense concentration, enables more multitasking (think playing a cards or a board game, socializing at a party), some would say with less control (but that is to be determined).

slozukimc

Hey Mike,
Sent you a PM about repairing a Lil Bud I purchased. Didn’t know if you got the notification. Please let me know what you think when you get time. Have a great weekend.

Thanks!

slozukimc,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Happy Sunday boys and girls... Busy day, a bit of a *Classic Timeout* as I figure the out the Elite. I've been noticing that the cooling tube allows me crush a load in a few hits, but I can usually squeeze out another couple with a stir or two. I'm not sure if I'm a cheap bastard, or I just want to get every drop out of my stuff, but I usually stir to completion. If you can recreate the flower puck, you can usually get another tasty hit regardless of how dark the ABV appears. Sometimes, especially if I load light, there doesn't seem to be much ABV remaining. Charring on any level will ruin this process.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Been dealing with some back pain lately. It's actually been going on all my adult life, pretty much the same symptoms, different levels. Lately it flared up bad, with stiffness in both hips as a result. Long story short, I don't like taking pain killers, but been leaning on Lil' Bud lately. I vape on and off most of the day, but sometimes I'm just too busy. Today started out feeling really good, but the stiffness kicked in about midday. Hadn't really vaped much. I'm just sitting down now, I hope the ache will subside with some monster hits. I made an appointment to get back to physical therapy on Wednesday. Damn, I was feeling so good, this kinda caught me by surprise. I know stress is playing a major role in this, but it's how you handle the stress that matters, as we all have our own stressors.

Thank God for LB... no stress.

mephisto

Congratulations on the anniversary of the LB Mike! I am looking forward to my next LB and I hope I can sweet talk you into a full maple version......On another point, pain management, please feel free to contact me about an all natural, non-opiate based pain relief plant. I have been using this plant to help with back pain and chronic migraine. Sorry for the derail, onwards and upwards!

and so much for waiting, just snagged a full Cherry LB. Thanks for the discount!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom