Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I do like those buttons a lot.. and they are flush with the ring around them, right? So the button is unlikely to be pushed accidentally when the LB is in a pocket?
The are flush rounded switches. They appear to be turned, versus stamped as far as the outer shell, especially the button. The seller stands behind this switch. It's also bit stiffer / heavier than the first switch change. It has a solid, smooth feel, and higher quality contacts / internal parts. Once the LB Elite is out, you'll be able to power it down without removing the battery. I do supply you with a few safety tabs that can be easily slipped between the battery and contact, as well as stored neatly in the compartment.

Just got one last nice smooth hit outta that stem.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
That's a beautiful batch of LB's Mike ! Perhaps the most beautiful batch as a whole yet. they look very well built and finished. You've earned your Maytag stripes , and that switch looks dope :cheers:

Edit: forgot to mention, seen the websites new colors last night , lookin good!

Last edited:

RushVaporTrails

qpf4lv.jpg
wurpqa.jpg
295e7gn.jpg

So here are a few more pics of my quilted maple lil bud, I had previously not shown the battery cover and the switch side.

My only true negative right now after a good week plus of using LB is the battery situation, which I am not sure what to think until I get some replacement batteries from IMR.

Currently I am using the Samsung and LG HG2 that @Bravesst recommends on his website

Recommended:

1. Samsung 30Q 18650 3000mAh 15A

2. Sony VTC5A 18650 2600mAh 25A

3. LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A

I know squat about these batteries but have been reading along this thread since the beginning. I am noticing that my batteries are drained to the point of not heating the coil anymore after just one or two stems. I then put the battery on the charger and I am getting a reading of around 3.90 not the 3.70 or 3.55 that others have mentioned. I am using the Nitecore D4 charger and the bar graph shows either just one or two bars away from full charge, which to me I am thinking these batteries should still have plenty of juice left to get the coil hot enough to produce vapor.

Wondering if @Bravesst , @P.A.M. , or @beyond6strings might want to chime in on this.

Of course until I get what I know to be a truly authentic proper battery from IMR, I really won't know for sure..

Here is what I do know.

A fresh screen
A fresh pack
A fresh battery

equals

tremendous brain smashing vapor,

although a fresh battery for me means I need to be very careful not to combust, I have been better lately by just remembering to let go the button just a touch before my instincts want me to,

also noticing that I can easily have a char spot on the AVB, which a good stir does seem to mix it up to get a more even extraction.

I will say that a clean screen is essential. The LB is not as forgiving as other vapes that can have a heavily caked on screen and still produce decent vapor.

Each stem packing should be preceded by a vigorous screen cleaning or even better, swapping out a brand new screen. At least that's how its been for me.

The effects of the LB are amazing as just a few hits gets the job done, I am assuming because you are getting a wide range of temperatures hitting the material and as the heater goes on and off the temps are rising and then dropping getting an extraction that has vapor that seems to provide a much better high than other vapes.

So despite some battery issues and keeping the screens clean and sometimes combusting due to over doing it, the LB has really set the bar as far as its effects and in the end, that's what I care about most.

And for anyone who has frustrations with how things are going with your new LB, try to give it a little time, it does have a slight learning curve and I have noticed that my technique and hits are steadily improving.

I've had plenty of face melting hits to go along with everything else and that really makes the LB worth getting good at using.... Cheers Mike!!!!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
V A P W O O D Shipment Notification #R66009*****
WOOHOO!!!!!
Patience is a virtue young grasshopper!
@Bravesst did you ship both units with this order?
I wanted you to get at least one unit, but the homeless cherry had to be reassembled with the new, new switch, so it'll be shipping soon.

So, tracking sent on 8 orders, 3 more to completely finalize the batch and move on to my numerous new projects.

This is how it's goin' down*

1. Take a real close look at the sketch outlining the work I'm gong to do for @Alan, putz around in the wood shop and figure out a plan on how to deliver exactly that. Manufacture some sample parts.

2. Unbox DNC75C chip and all accessories. Get a feel of how it all goes together. Rough sketch the final product. Build one or two prototypes, order enough for 10 units.

3. Build / ship batch 8

4. Take a close look at Timber sketch, formulate a plan, possibly build Timber prototype, but main focus at this time is the Elite

5. Build / ship batch 9, including the first LB Elite units

6. Build / ship batch 10, including first Timber prototypes

During all six steps, the production of LB Classics will continue

This is the order of how I'm going to proceed. I'd like to think I can get this done this year. Who doesn't want a Timber for Christmas? But with my new motto of *under promise, over deliver*, my GOAL is to get the Elites in full production for Christmas, as well as having a decent stock of Classics available.

I'm very happy with my new beaded walnut DD. This unit assembled itself. The fit was crisp, clean, tight. This entire batch has been pretty much like that. Going forward, I have tremendous confidence in ALL of my parts, as well as the assembly process, and feel this reliability will impact Vapwood in a very positive way, giving me more time to develop this technology even further.

KingSol

I wanted you to get at least one unit, but the homeless cherry had to be reassembled with the new, new switch, so it'll be shipping soon.

So, tracking sent on 8 orders, 3 more to completely finalize the batch and move on to my numerous new projects.

1. Take a real close look at the sketch outlining the work I'm gong to do for @Alan, putz around in the wood shop and figure out a plan on how to deliver exactly that. Manufacture some sample parts.

2. Unbox DNC75C chip and all accessories. Get a feel of how it all goes together. Rough sketch the final product. Build one or two prototypes, order enough for 10 units.

3. Build / ship batch 8

4. Take a close look at Timber sketch, formulate a plan, possibly build Timber prototype, but main focus at this time is the Elite

5. Build / ship batch 9, including the first LB Elite units

6. Build / ship batch 10, including first Timber prototypes

During all six steps, the production of LB Classics will continue

This is the order of how I'm going to proceed. I'd like to think I can get this done this year. Who doesn't want a Timber for Christmas? But with my new motto of *under promise, over deliver*, my GOAL is to get the Elites in full production for Christmas, as well as having a decent stock of Classics available.

I'm very happy with my new beaded walnut DD. This unit assembled itself. The fit was crisp, clean, tight. This entire batch has been pretty much like that. Going forward, I have tremendous confidence in ALL of my parts, as well as the assembly process, and feel this reliability will impact Vapwood in a very positive way, giving me more time to develop this technology even further.
:wave::wave::wave:me, me, me....I want a Timber for Christmas:tup:
No worries on the second unit. Was for the wife but think I'm gonna surprise dad. He gave me all four of his first gen Milaana's. As much as he loves the Mi, I think he will like this much better. It's like a Milaana on Octane!

HerbieVonVapster

Each stem packing should be preceded by a vigorous screen cleaning or even better, swapping out a brand new screen. At least that's how its been for me.

Amazing how different we all use our lil bud. It's rare that i need to clean my screens. I find if I blow out the finished load well hot screen doesn't clog up. Haven't got a chance to clean my favorite tube in couple weeks. Would say ran at least 100 loads. Quick blow then brush or poke out of any stuck abv is all need do.

My only true negative right now after a good week plus of using LB is the battery situation, which I am not sure what to think until I get some replacement batteries from IMR.

I think once you get a fresh battery these issue will clear up.

The are flush rounded switches. They appear to be turned, versus stamped as far as the outer shell, especially the button. The seller stands behind this switch. It's also bit stiffer / heavier than the first switch change. It has a solid, smooth feel, and higher quality contacts / internal parts. Once the LB Elite is out, you'll be able to power it down without removing the battery. I do supply you with a few safety tabs that can be easily slipped between the battery and contact, as well as stored neatly in the compartment.

Hoping I never need a replacement really enjoy the pressure needed on my mine. Glad that seems be a rather rare issue, is it the type thing that either breaks right away or more over time and use?

Not sure why you mean by powering down the elites? Didn't think there was a way to power off the dna chip. Is that a feature of the newer color models?

Maybe not Christmas but really kicking around a Quilted Maple something elite come my birthday in February. Not sure if Mike be at the point to do custom wood by then. If not i'll pick up a regular elite timber.

Can't wait see what you guys come up with. So many great options on how to design it. Found a pic of this mod. By looking at it seems the chip takes up a lot of the front of the mod. Guess once you open chip boxes start playing you have a good ideal on space the needed. Anyway sure with whatever you come up with i'll be happy
I think most people will find they be using it reverse from the unregulated lil bud. With fire button in front and higher it feel more natural with battery door side facing away from you.

img-7284.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm sitting at a table set up at a community event in East New York, Brooklyn. I'm working and hot, just wanna be home building.

I'm gonna call this one early, go home to Reddy, the original LB.

Gonna open boxes and start playing real soon. I'm looking fwd to this part of the process, design.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@RushVaporTrails I have a bunch of batteries, and I prefer to run my LB hot with a very fresh batt. I typically only do two stems on one battery. I have everything worked out technique-wise to work with a fresh batt. I do think you'll see marked improvement when you get new batts.

I think the screen situation can vary depending on their region. I live in Eastern MA and the humidity has been stifling, and my screens get gummed up faster. And I have really good flower right now and that can have an affect as well. I've been taking the screens out and blasting them with a torch to clean them off, and it works like a charm. Just hold it in a pair of pliers and flame it for 5-10 seconds. Clean as new.

Grind, dry herb (or not) and tamp are also important variables. I use dry herb, medium coarse grind, with a leveling tamp to create a 'disc' and it's very even extraction-typically I'm stirring after 3-4 pulls and get another 2 before I call it quits. Other than my vapcaps, I don't try to get real dark ABV with my vapes. I get plenty of good extraction without going that hard.

Looks like I'm one of the three that goes out next week.

@Bravesst That's a great plan and yes indeed, I'd love me a Timber at Christmas. In fact I may make Christmas an elite one this year, and put together a trio of Vapwood creations: Cherry LB-C, Cherry LB-Elite, and Cherry Timber-Elite.

Now if I can just sell enough albums to get 'er done.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I know squat about these batteries but have been reading along this thread since the beginning. I am noticing that my batteries are drained to the point of not heating the coil anymore after just one or two stems. I then put the battery on the charger and I am getting a reading of around 3.90 not the 3.70 or 3.55 that others have mentioned

I am using the Nitecore D4 charger and the bar graph shows either just one or two bars away from full charge, which to me I am thinking these batteries should still have plenty of juice left to get the coil hot enough to produce vapor.

You should definitely get more then one or two stems (or sessions) from a freshly charged battery. Ive followed thread from beginning too and other then @beyond6strings mentionning today he gets 2 stems per battery, im quite sure most others if not all have reported around 5+ sessions per stem . Now what is a `stem`...how much material per Stem do you use ? do you fill it much, have 4-5 draws, come back later for another 4-5 draws and onward? if you do 3 sessions per stem and do 2 stems per battery that equals to about 6 sessions for folks who vape small amounts all during same session.

Does your charger display in % or in bar graphs only? do you have voltage metre, are you sure battery is at 3.90 or judging by number of bars on charger? A battery with 3.90V juice still is enough to power my LB for a good 3 sessions if not more. Yes hits tend to become longer under 3.80-3.90 but a battery cell with even just 3.80 would still generate plenty of Heat for the Coil to produce Vapor. i accidentally milked one to 3.50 the other day and it was still making Vapor.

Wondering if @Bravesst , @P.A.M. , or @beyond6strings might want to chime in on this.

I do suggest buying a couple of fresh batteries to test it out. could be you who prefer the heat blast and consistency like i presume is reason @beyond6strings switches every 2 stems (not becuase it doesnt produce it) or it could simply be you have troublesome batteries.

Of my 4 Samsung 30Q i use with LB one or two seem less powerful, and i feel they all might be slowly losing life expectancy 6 months in. they are my first 18650, my first charger sucked, etc, new cells would probably be good idea but ill try to make ones i have last a little longer..

each stem new screen? no no no, like @HerbieVonVapster , my screens mostly come out clean after each session. I use the same practice of emptying tube after each session. A well vaped bowl should not leave much dirt or film on the screen. Perhaps you are having trouble due to too big loads not completely vaped or because you vape the bowl in more then session. ive noticed the few times i couldnt empty bowl, screen werent as spotless. i brush my screens clean, no torch or pliers.

As you said, it takes abit of time to dial in and figure out. still melts your face while you do so thats great ! lol

The effects of the LB are amazing as just a few hits gets the job done

the LB has really set the bar as far as its effects and in the end, that's what I care about most.

:tup::tup: yup, it does Kick Ass! :rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@P.A.M. I don't 'get' two stems per battery, I use a battery for two stems and then swap out. Not because there's no juice, but because I find the performance is better with a fresh batt. It's just easier for me to get what I want that way.

EDIT: But I've gotten two bad switches in my two previous LB's so I'm not sure what it'll be like when I have one of the the 7b batch with the new switch and the aluminum foil lining. I'm guessing I'll have a new learning curve.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@P.A.M. I don't 'get' two stems per battery, I use a battery for two stems and then swap out. Not because there's no juice, but because I find the performance is better with a fresh batt. It's just easier for me to get what I want that way.

EDIT: But I've gotten two bad switches in my two previous LB's so I'm not sure what it'll be like when I have one of the the 7b batch with the new switch and the aluminum foil lining. I'm guessing I'll have a new learning curve.

Yes , it is what i presumed and mentioned in same post quoted below . Perhaos @RushVaporTrails as that same preference/technique you do and it's not necessarily the LB or the batteries . Fresh set of battery should help and
useful either way

. could be you who prefer the heat blast and consistency like i presume is reason @beyond6strings switches every 2 stems (not becuase it doesnt produce it)

Zabou

Even with my humble ver.1 Lil Bud i produce kick ass vapor with a 3.8 cell without big effort. Under that, as @P.A.M. mentioned i tend to take bigger slow sucking draws, as long as 15sec or maybe more. I think a good combination of herb dryness, load packing and screen depth positioning is needed to enjoy LB the most. With herb dryness on Top.
Plus, a moist not well grinded (due to high moisture) bud, will leave your load undercooked and the screen heavily caked. Especially if you dont unload it during the time that screen is still Hot.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Yes, it's a new LB, and it's easier to operate. Not that combustion isn't possible, but the feedback seems to be improved with the foil, or maybe it's the more even heat that prevents any one area of the load to get a bit hotter / harsher, but somehow hotter, smoother, easier to use.

The new switch is like bit like overdrive for me. Better mileage, but also faster, keeps the engine from working so hard. I may be taking batteries a little further down without even meaning to. Now I have to keep track of how many stems. Problem is, by the time I get through 2 or 3, I forget or lose count. Maybe if I preload 8 stems, and count down - sounds like way too much work.

I'm about to swap batteries, and I'm going to try and count stems, but don't get your hopes up, I'm real liable to forget under the current circumstances - this is a true catch 22.

Wet herb is not a friend of any vape, as it makes the vape work harder, and also adds, what I would think, steam into the draw. Dry / break up or grind for LB to really excel.

For the record, I was pulling on LB with a 3.6 cell last night, getting good results. That's with all the recent changes.

Last edited:

elykpeace

exVASted
Yes, it's a new LB, and it's easier to operate. Not that combustion isn't possible, but the feedback seems to be improved with the foil, or maybe it's the more even heat that prevents any one area of the load to get a bit hotter / harsher, but somehow hotter, smoother, easier to use.

The new switch is like bit like overdrive for me. Better mileage, but also faster, keeps the engine from working so hard. I may be taking batteries a little further down without even meaning to. Now I have to keep track of how many stems. Problem is, by the time I get through 2 or 3, I forget or lose count. Maybe if I preload 8 stems, and count down - sounds like way too much work.

I'm about to swap batteries, and I'm going to try and count stems, but don't get your hopes up, I'm real liable to forget under the current circumstances - this is a true catch 22.

Wet herb is not a friend of any vape, as it makes the vape work harder, and also adds, what I would think, steam into the draw. Dry / break up or grind for LB to really excel.

For the record, I was pulling on LB with a 3.6 cell last night, getting good results. That's with all the recent changes.

That dnc chip would do that for ya :tup:

Lbe should have beading just saying. looks great elite even
:rofl:So excited.

elykpeace,
Reactions: Bravesst

RushVaporTrails

@RushVaporTrails I have a bunch of batteries, and I prefer to run my LB hot with a very fresh batt. I typically only do two stems on one battery. I have everything worked out technique-wise to work with a fresh batt. I do think you'll see marked improvement when you get new batts.

I think the screen situation can vary depending on their region. I live in Eastern MA and the humidity has been stifling, and my screens get gummed up faster. And I have really good flower right now and that can have an affect as well. I've been taking the screens out and blasting them with a torch to clean them off, and it works like a charm. Just hold it in a pair of pliers and flame it for 5-10 seconds. Clean as new.

Grind, dry herb (or not) and tamp are also important variables. I use dry herb, medium coarse grind, with a leveling tamp to create a 'disc' and it's very even extraction-typically I'm stirring after 3-4 pulls and get another 2 before I call it quits. Other than my vapcaps, I don't try to get real dark ABV with my vapes. I get plenty of good extraction without going that hard.

You should definitely get more then one or two stems (or sessions) from a freshly charged battery.

Does your charger display in % or in bar graphs only? do you have voltage metre, are you sure battery is at 3.90 or judging by number of bars on charger? A battery with 3.90V juice still is enough to power my LB for a good 3 sessions if not more. Yes hits tend to become longer under 3.80-3.90 but a battery cell with even just 3.80 would still generate plenty of Heat for the Coil to produce Vapor. i accidentally milked one to 3.50 the other day and it was still making Vapor.

So after reading what i wrote and reading your responses (thanks), maybe I should clarify a little as I may have jumped the gun with a few things.

@P.A.M. , the Nitecore D4 charger does display voltage and part of my issues may be a combination of everything. I am very feaful of combusting so maybe when I have a battery at like 3.90 or so, I am releasing the button too early and not getting vapor, all this unregulated stuff is very new to me.

@beyond6strings @P.A.M. @HerbieVonVapster , perhaps I exaggerated my experiences with the screen, i hate to admit this, but i think i got some saliva (yes TMI) down the tube and that mositure mixed in with the material and made it cakey. It has been incredibly humid, especially in my poorly ventilated garage, but yeah i have noticed that herb that is not fully dry is also an issue.

I basically take an exacto knife and just do a good scrape right after a finished stem and try to clear anything sticking. But i suppose its not surprising that a brand new screen does work best just cause its new...

so at this point with the batteries, screens, packing, grinding, herb dryness, I am just gonna start with a clean slate and start making my observations with a little more LB time under my belt.

Last night I was able to get nice vapor off a battery that I would usually throw on the charger so i am going to try and push this battery as far as i can but again, I won't be surprised if my batteries are not authentic.

here is a question? do these batteries have a memory as far as charging, do they have to be drained all the way to get the proper life out of them or can you just constantly recharge regardless of how much juice is left?

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I was just looking at a beading / reeding tool / fluting cutter. It's a specialized hand plane, but one of the options is to make your own custom blade. The really layout the specs of the tool / blades, which is kinda cool, because I can replicate, for the most part, the blade. The most complicated design is 3 beeds with a narrow groove between. Kind of looks like columns, when scribed into the wood. I have a plan to try and create just that effect. The challenge will be to end the columns short of the top and bottom edges. After looking at the commercial tool, I'm pretty sure I can fabricate something even better that will be specific to this one job.

I have 3 cherry / figured walnut LB's to assemble to finalize batch 7. Another 8 units (batch 8) are due at the month's end, which include some exotic woods. I do have 4 beaded walnut bodies, ready for coils, another four few with no beads. Also have a couple of quilteds ready to go. I'm in a good place right now.

We are working on batch 9, early October. Batch 9 will most likely be a combo batch of both Elites and Classics. Like I've mentioned before, I will continue to turn out Classics. Everything is so dialed in and nailed down, I hope to see some smooth sailing.

@RushVaporTrails
I'm no battery expert, but what I've learned on FC from many knowledgeable members is no memory on Li Ion batteries. There are things you need to do. Don't use past 3.5 or so, or if it's not making vapor, stop pushing it. Immediately remove from the charger when fully charged. Do not store in a hot car. Always store safely in case. Do not use if damaged. Buy from reputable dealer. Long term storage should be about 3.56 (how they arrive from IMR). And @Alan assures me that even if your charger shows XXX, it could be an old worn out cell, and not live up to that number.

I've also been doing the same thing with my batteries - push as far as possible. In other words, when a bowl is spent at say 3.7, I load another just to see. With the tighter coil and foil lining, there is more heat available, even with a weaker battery. The key is the coil and coil compartment be as well formed as possible - centered, equidistant, perpendicular. It really does add up to a more efficient machine.

Another great point, brand new screen. I only change screens if I have to. I do no clean out stem much, just mostly with a dowel. I want my screen to stick, tight. You can clean out the entire tube as much as you'd like, just leave the bowl with some resin in it.

A new screen doesn't provide any resistance to help *hover the heat* in the stem. Hemp fiber really helps out with a brand spanking new screen. Once the screen gets a little use, things even out. Another option, albeit a bit trickier, is to load / tamp a bit tighter when you have a super clean screen, allow the herb to provide its own resistance. Now this is all based on the slow draw technique, which I love. Sometimes it'll take a bowl or two to get the screen optimal.

Thing is this, once I get the optimal setting, my screen will stay pretty clean for a while. The key here is dry ABV, not gummy. Eventually things will gum up, maybe a day or two, but sometimes I can go days and the dryness acts as a self cleaner, making it easy to separate the screen from the hardened resins. I'm sure this has something to do with the strain, as well as my prep.

Last edited:

RushVaporTrails

@RushVaporTrails
I'm no battery expert, but what I've learned on FC from many knowledgeable members is no memory on Li Ion batteries. There are things you need to do. Don't use past 3.5 or so, or if it's not making vapor, stop pushing it. Immediately remove from the charger when fully charged. Do not store in a hot car. Always store safely in case. Do not use if damaged. Buy from reputable dealer. Long term storage should be about 3.56 (how they arrive from IMR). And @Alan assures me that even if your charger shows XXX, it could be an old worn out cell, and not live up to that.

@Bravesst, thanks for this. Its great advice and a quick user guide of a few things I wasn't even aware of.

(btw, i am always amused when you are up sooooo early. I have to be awake if I want to get paid in my work gig, and yeah, working overnights and early mornings, especially on the weekends, is not easy, but hey, my commute into NYC is not so bad when everyone is sleeping)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Getting up early is what I do pretty much every day. I do my best work, especially mentally, early. I burn out as the day goes.

I was supposed to be counting stems. I haven't changed batteries since. I got to 3, I think, and lost count. I know I've done 2 this morning, and that was kind of early last night, must have done at least 4 in the span of a few hours, but coulda been 5. My tester is down stairs, but LB is still producing vapor without much pre heat. I just loaded stem 4 of the morning, has to be at least 7 on this battery, maybe 8. With a fresh load, I underestimated the battery, and almost combusted.

I just found the coolest mini bench grinder / flex tool. Looks like the perfect thing for grinding / forming small reeding / beading tool blades. I can build a simple handle, and see if I can create anything worthy of being labeled *an improvement*. I've learned however, that just because you can do it doesn't always mean you should. But I am confident of the eventual potential here. The ability to cut simple patterns into small stock, relatively easily, might be possible with just the right tool. We shall soon see. It's coming next week and was only $60.

Another idea... I wonder if I could put together a demo unit, that would split in half (screws / magnets) for viewing the inner workings of LB.

Last edited:

RushVaporTrails

Another great point, brand new screen. I only change screens if I have to. I do no clean out stem much, just mostly with a dowel. I want my screen to stick, tight. You can clean out the entire tube as much as you'd like, just leave the bowl with some resin in it.

A new screen doesn't provide any resistance to help *hover the heat* in the stem. Hemp fiber really helps out with a brand spanking new screen. Once the screen gets a little use, things even out. Another option, albeit a bit trickier, is to load / tamp a bit tighter when you have a super clean screen, allow the herb to provide its own resistance. Now this is all based on the slow draw technique, which I love. Sometimes it'll take a bowl or two to get the screen optimal.

Thing is this, once I get the optimal setting, my screen will stay pretty clean for a while. The key here is dry ABV, not gummy. Eventually things will gum up, maybe a day or two, but sometimes I can go days and the dryness acts as a self cleaner, making it easy to separate the screen from the hardened resins. I'm sure this has something to do with the strain, as well as my prep.

So i hope the Professor doesn't scold the student here at LB 101 class, but I have probably been breaking the cardinal rule that @Bravesst has stressed many many times on these pages.

I have not been drying out my herb, at least not to the extent that @Bravesst does by putting the material near a lamp or bulb to help dry it out.

Even without drying like this, i am still getting great vapor, especially on the early draws, but wondering if the non dried out herb and possibly a little moisture from me is causing some of my previous issues with failing vapor midway thru a stem. As said, I am going to start from scratch and see if i can get some consistent results with being a little more aware of everything.

I am sure many would agere, I bet strain has a lot to do with extraction as well as moisture/dryness of the herb itself

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I just bought a lamp on Amazon for $7 that is the perfect drying station. I use a small glass bowl under a 60 watt bulb, the lamp serves double duty as an additional workbench lamp (can't have too much light). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CM5SBSO Experiment with the right distance from the bulb and the length of time.

The strain is everything, makes it tricky to give very specific advice to someone unless you have the same flower and vaping style.

Bravesst,

HerbieVonVapster

So i hope the Professor doesn't scold the student here at LB 101 class, but I have probably been breaking the cardinal rule that @Bravesst has stressed many many times on these pages.

I have not been drying out my herb, at least not to the extent that @Bravesst does by putting the material near a lamp or bulb to help dry it out.

Even without drying like this, i am still getting great vapor, especially on the early draws, but wondering if the non dried out herb and possibly a little moisture from me is causing some of my previous issues with failing vapor midway thru a stem. As said, I am going to start from scratch and see if i can get some consistent results with being a little more aware of everything.

I am sure many would agere, I bet strain has a lot to do with extraction as well as moisture/dryness of the herb itself

I store my meds in the small 4oz mason jars with the air vacuumed out in dark cool place. So my meds tends too come out same moisture as what it was when put into the jar.

I then use the easy grinder in the am to grind up few grams for the day. Sit's in a open wooden bowl and I fill up tubes as needed.

I do notice a difference as the day progress depending on weather and how dry or humid house is. Notice it the most first hit or two is on newly loaded tube. By 3rd hit seems to dry most loads out so really isn't a issue.

I also never empty a tube thats is cold. I always do a hit or two then blow out the warm spent avb in little draw string pouch. If I try clean cold it much more difficult.

When trying out a new settings I do check that abv to make sure it isn't too dark. If I take a tube to almost combustion point that avb is thrown out.

It's a lot of stress off me being a legal medical user so don't want to do any thing to endanger that. I make sure I stay well under my legal limit. No sense abv weight taking up space in my weight limit. So I tend vape abv before bed in the switch. Taste is gone but the super high temperature brings out the sedating bedtime effects.

Sorry to ramble off subject. I ended up buying a DNA250c last night. I figure it be something hold me over till I get the LB elite.
The iheat really does shine better on my DNA250 and deserves her own. Plus it was to cheaply priced to pass up :)

It also give's me something play with and start a theme for my LB elite. I'm sure Mike will have his own creative ideals on themes. But It's very easy thou to mix parts of themes together to come up with what looks good works best.

I will toss mine up on escribe FCshare area. Mike's welcome to use anything out of it he likes for the official version. Or none of it :)Not sure how much he wants to geek out on designing something. Figure since going be designing something for myself might as well share it. Mikes or anyone is welcome to use it or any part of it they like:)

I rather see Mike building lil buds getting the correct resistances set up and the performance settings perfected. Than spending hours trying get a graphic or text lined up and positioned on a screen. If can save a him couple hours on this. It might be of some help to get these in the wild quicker.

Also curious to see what this new Alan/Mike project will be? Is it something that's going be available to buy?

Hoping for something that's is new a groundbreaking ideal.

Because I almost dropped the Dr Dabbler switch last night. Sadly it's not going be much longer will find it useable. Shame too because I really like that one. Oh well guess if I have to sell it. Will have have some extra money to buy a more usable vaporizers :) So hoping it's something neat there brewing up.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@RushVaporTrails , after your 2nd stem or when your battery gets to 3.90ish try preheating for 2 seconds (longer then first 2 stems) ) before hitting it . your draw as you usually do. It's what I do when my battery is getting close to its last stem . The simple preheat for a few secs takes much "technique" away in regards to unregulated battery life .. keep having fun bro, sound like you are and getting baked , try not to overthink if it's your technique , batteries or vape , It might come to you without trying or being worried everything is done as it should be .

I too don't necessarily dry my herb as some do or is recommended. It gets dried in the LB within 1 or 2 draws anyways. First

Different strains , quality , stickyness, dryness and other, all play a role on session's duration, screen dirt , vapor production .. amount being vaped itself changes things ..

It's almost a thing where you find what works for you , not necessarily what other's do . We see diffenrent people using LB differently , thats awesome and shows how versatile the Lil 'Bud can be . It also gives everyone different ideas or help on how to use their LB. switching things up can help when changing strains or getting too comfy in our ways.

@HerbieVonVapster . I won't say "what" as I'm not sure it's what I think it is , but I'd place my bet on a new desktop unit ;) seems possible with all the new portables coming out already too .. my turn came up on Alan's list 18months later lol Alan mentioned working on an idea we had shared and talked about when I purchased my Bamboo HI in late '16. Seems he might take the concept further and have it compatible with something else too . Who knows , Alan must have a few projects in mind at all times . We'll see once the boys are ready to spill the beans , lol.

It's great to have guys like @Bravesst and @Alan who are not only passionate about vaporizing like everyone here but also have the talent and skills to step up and put ideas to the cutting board. not for personal fame or wealth but for the benefit of the whole community; the end users

Last edited:
Top Bottom