• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Nobody jumped on this guy, so I'm giving it a test run as a possible addition to my personal line up. I'm surprised at how light QM is. Feels really smooth, and when I first began to finish it, it was pretty raised grain in spots. QM seems to respond well to the higher grit sandpapers and planing.

11bhl51.jpg

The switch box improvements, or should I say, the way I create the switch box, as well as cut out for it, have gotten easier. Next, I wanted to improve how I bore out the inside of the box, especially after bumping up to a larger (much larger internally) switch. I normally bore out the interior of the switch box first with a 7/8 forstner bit, then square it up a bit so everything fits nice and neat. That *squaring up* takes a lot of hand work and time. I don't have a 15/16" bit, but I tried one inch. One inch will work, but not necessary, and I want to leave it as meaty as possible. Already ordered the 15/16" bit. This is another really positive step in picking up the pace.

Bottom line is it's pretty much the same switch box, except how long it takes to get it there just got cut in half, and back to the speed it took with the smaller switch. It's pretty amazing, but I've found if you keep looking for a better way, you'll find it.

Last edited:

SnowDome

I just found out about the Lil' Bud and i am defiantly excited. I've been using a milaana as my daily vape but recently found out that they no longer ship too or have any retailers available to Canada (Quite a big market to turn away from). I was quite disappointed that i have nothing to replace it with.

So when i found out that the lil' bud is also on-demand AND convection (most important part for me) with shipping to Canada, i was sold. The sleek all wood design and simplicity looks beautiful to me. I've signed up to the wait list, So here's to hoping i can soon purchase my own lil' bud and join the rest of you lucky people!

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I just found out about the Lil' Bud and i am defiantly excited. I've been using a milaana as my daily vape but recently found out that they no longer ship too or have any retailers available to Canada (Quite a big market to turn away from). I was quite disappointed that i have nothing to replace it with.

So when i found out that the lil' bud is also on-demand AND convection (most important part for me) with shipping to Canada, i was sold. The sleek all wood design and simplicity looks beautiful to me. I've signed up to the wait list, So here's to hoping i can soon purchase my own lil' bud and join the rest of you lucky people!
Welcome to FC , @SnowDome , glad you found the LB thread ;), if you are ready to purchase now (you mention joining waiting list hoping to soon purchase ) there are still Open Spots left for Batch 8 (late august). if you go on vapwood's page ( https://vapwood.com/shop-lil-bud ) and scroll down , way down , past price list and wait list button , you will find the different buying options or $50 down payment option. That would automatically include you in Batch 8 ( as it appears still Open ) . And yes , Vapwood ships to Canada , :tup: I've received two LB's from Mike, shipped to Canada , no fuss, no worries , no problem ! Wish this helps , Vape On! :rockon:

Zow237

@Bravesst are the lil bs coming with a longer roasting tube like the one in your pic?? Jw if I should just add that with the cosmetic 2nd

Last edited:
Zow237,
Reactions: Bravesst

SnowDome

Welcome to FC , @SnowDome , glad you found the LB thread ;), if you are ready to purchase now (you mention joining waiting list hoping to soon purchase ) there are still Open Spots left for Batch 8 (late august). if you go on vapwood's page ( https://vapwood.com/shop-lil-bud ) and scroll down , way down , past price list and wait list button , you will find the different buying options or $50 down payment option. That would automatically include you in Batch 8 ( as it appears still Open ) . And yes , Vapwood ships to Canada , :tup: I've received two LB's from Mike, shipped to Canada , no fuss, no worries , no problem ! Wish this helps , Vape On! :rockon:

Oh perfect, i never would of noticed that. Thanks alot for the info!

Edit: So i pulled the trigger and pre-ordered myself a walnut lil bud, can't wait for it to ship out! I'll be sure to post pictures of it once it arrives.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning LB lovers. Welcome new members @SnowDome . I'm happy to supply / ship to anyplace the post office will ship to. I simply pass the charge along to the customer. The only real hassle is how long the clerk at the post office takes to enter all the info, and the extra customs form I have to fill out. Small price to pay to have my LB's making people happy globally. I've shipped to Japan, Italy, Germany, Greece, Israel, the UK, New Zealand, Australia, never mind our northern neighbor Canada. Happy to make people happy.
SHIPPING RATES:
US: 10 / Canada: 25 / Everywhere else: 35

Batch 7 is closed. SnowDome is order 1 of batch 8, which should ship late August. The discount on Figured Walnut (coupon code whereswalnut) will only last through July 31.

@Zow237 The longer stem can be special ordered, I don't stock those. I have one I play around with sometimes. You can also contact @Alan for any size, shape, style, custom stem.

HerbieVonVapster

Figured I'd have to contact Alan :). When is this batch going out?

Alan said something about shipping half this batch at a time. From my understanding batch 7 is the largest batch he's done.

With the improvements in batch 7 he might be taking the time to make sure there working perfect. Plus think he had couple repairs.

There was talk of Thursday but after the bit of shipping drama not really sure. I asked earlier but rather not bug him about it. I'm sure he have an update when there ready.

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: Zow237

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Love how people are so pumped for the Lil'Bud and how we "can't wait " even if it's a relatively short wait . Let's face it , these vapes are made from scratch , entirely by hand , by one guy, who manages questions, sales, marketing, s&h , etc , etc. All that within 2months. I think we all "get" that , it's just that with Mike's solid work ethics , quality product & respectful business approach, its so damn exciting that one can't stop self from asking, Are we there yet , are we thee yet :p

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Loyal Peeps.

Sorry for my absence. Some personal stuff going on that's thrown a wrench in the mix. I apologize, but as you know, it's just me and sometimes life gets in the way. This time, not in a good way. I had to take off today and tomorrow from LB building. Good news is, I took off from other work on Saturday to give me more shop time over the weekend. I really didn't see this coming, and I'm praying it works itself out. Maybe a few prayers my way might help as well. Thank you all.

Loyal Peeps.

Sorry for my absence. Some personal stuff going on that's thrown a wrench in the mix. I apologize, but as you know, it's just me and sometimes life gets in the way. This time, not in a good way. I had to take off today and tomorrow from LB building. Good news is, I took off from other work on Saturday to give me more shop time over the weekend. I really didn't see this coming, and I'm praying it works itself out. Maybe a few prayers my way might help as well. Thank you all.
Take care mate. Hope all is good.

HerbieVonVapster

Hopefully it's nothing too serious, and wishing you the best outcome possible.

Thank you also for the update.
Really enjoyed the adventure of watching following along as you made my vaporizer.

Much rather you finish mine when you are in right mood and enjoy doing it. Instead of you feeling pressured to fulfill this batch.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
14m9to2.jpg

That would of made some fine figured LB right there .

Pretty cool bead work you posted earlier @Bravesst , neat tool too, that's impressive man! It's like upscale antique furniture detailing , classy stuff!!

P.A.M.,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Thank for all the good wishes. Don't mean to be mystery man, I just hate even saying this, but my Lil' Bud, Reddy, the love of my life has had a couple of seizures, with post symptoms that can take days to dissipate, including loss of some vision and balance issues. We have one of the most advanced veterinary hospitals on the east coast right here on LI, and today we had a long visit with the neurologist - awesome doc. We hope and pray it's epilepsy (best case scenario) and not the other much less probable choice, some type of inflammation in the brain that is NOT epilepsy related. A brain mass was our biggest fear, and very not likely. The brain inflammation can also be treated, but not nearly as easily. We are praying, and sending positive thoughts and energy to my boy. I ask that you guys to continue sending prayers and positive energy to the my Lil' Bud.

I did some work yesterday, but my wife and I will not leave him alone, so we are alternating watches. To top it off, he was started on the meds and can get loopy, making his symptoms seem worse. Vet told us that is exactly what would happen for a couple of days, until he adapts to it, and NOT to panic.

Of course this has set me back. What else is kinda slowing me down are the repairs. I want all the repairs to get a new switch, but pre 2.0 switch box is a bit smaller. I made the battery compartment slightly less deep, so I could make the switch box a bit bigger to accommodate the new switch. So upgrading isn't really feasible because it involves more work than building a new unit.

@P.A.M.
Thanks so much Bud, most *laymen* don't appreciate hand bead work. It came out better than I'd hoped. I have a few walnut beaded units, not many, but will probably try it again.

Got into a tube / weed funk for a couple of sessions. This happens every once in a blue moon. This was Thursday afternoon, a very stressful day, and I just needed a few hits. I tried the same tube on another LB, same thing. Is it the weed, screen, tamp, prep, hemp? I'm super frustrated, getting icky hits, with ABV getting gummy, clogging screens quickly. I dried out another batch of weed, broke it up really well, installed a new dome screen, and it just came back. But what I noticed as the telltale sign of a proper heat balance is dry ABV vs gooey.

At this point, I'm still not sure what I did *wrong*, but somehow the *balance* got messed up. Normally I can feel the vapor expanding, creating its own resistance, as I draw. No worries, my LB's are now singing, and everything is back to normal. It think may have been a couple of issues interacting. Bad prep creates a clogged screen very quickly, especially with a hemp filter. To compound the problem, I find the very first session on a new screen can a little challenging on occasion. These two things were both going on simultaneously, and that perfect heat transfer balance got thrown off.

New weed, new screen, tiny hemp filter, all good by the second session.

My Lil' Bud is sleeping on my lap as I type, getting that good rest he needs!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm able to assemble one unit before I have to come upstairs and relieve me wife on LB duty. I put together one QM unit and recorded the entire process. My phone split it into two videos at 33 and 27 minutes, on its own. I'm attempting to upload to YouTube now, hope they upload all the way. The build went well, normal minor hitches, mostly misplacing tools. Should make some interesting viewing for any LB nerds who wanna look inside. Very revealing. It's at 80 percent on video one.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Sending lots of love and prayers your way, @Bravesst. Reddy sounds in good hands between the docs, you and your wife. It's difficult to see our best friends sick or hurt and feeling/being powerless over it. you are the best for watching over him and doing all that you can for him. Reddy is lucky to have you , Mike , stay strong!!

I lost my pooch this past March , the day prior to receiving my first Lil' Bud. I'll always remember what day I received LB and not just because I'm a huge fan . FC was a HUGE help and support in helping me mourn his departure. You guys and gals are the best ! ❤️

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Sorry if this is a stale question: what's our favorite 18650 for the LB?

I have Samsung 30Q and 25R. If I were to order a new pair of batteries what would you guys suggest?

bossman,
Top Bottom