Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Slickwilly

Put deposit on LB this morning can't wait to get it! Hopefully made batch 5

Thanks Mike for all your hard work and testing time!

Look forward to trying an all wooden vape.

Sent Mike email to upgrade to package deal now instead of base model. Liked the battery gauge and would probably end up getting another stem so why not?

One question what do you suggest to clean it with?

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Not sure how hotter sessions can last longer @beyond6strings but I will give the top hat screens sometime. Sourcing them out on eBay. They do sound ideal for easy tool free screen removal .

@Slickwilly , welcome to FC! I did a basic maintenance & cleaning video but haven't posted it yet. Covered a few things like heater screen maintenance, bowl screen cleaning , keeping LB dry and keeping moisture out between sessions, all while sipping a session with spring birds signing in the background. Maybe I'll post it just for the birds. but to answer your questions with a question , Which kind of cleaning or which part or you asking about ?

... Here's a short video with the vapor lung this afternoon , was face melting

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Hah nice, do you experience any charring using your vapor lung? If I were to hit my Milaana for that long it would definitely char the load
Hey Captain, Very close to charring on that hit, was a slight dark circle but i was still able to stir and give it another hit. I did let go of trigger a few secs while pulling the bag .

Lol, It is easy to char if going the distance and holding the trigger but otherwise manageable after a few trials and learning to drive it

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Pretty much the stems I guess?

Thanks for the welcome! New to vaping so plan on doing some playing with taste and different techniques with the LB, more of a learning tool for me. Convection heat and good old mother nature (wood & weed) cant get any better I figured :tup:

Other then removing any excess residues by scraping with a knife or pushing a dowel of wood through, I am not sure how to do a deep cleaning of the wooden stem. I've asked and searched but haven't really found much on the topic . Eithe people don't know or don't care lol I think maple would be a good choice for stem to minimize res build up . maple is almost pourless compared to walnut that is more open grained.

Awesome on your choice of fucking combustion ! Yeah the Lil' Bud is pretty "green"! Doesn't have much of carbon footprint , other then the battery I guess.. wood and weed , hah, nicely put!!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hey All,

As far as the unit, not much cleaning really. Just make sure that you get out whatever ever little flower that may drop in. Be careful not to dislodge the screen. Anything in there will be dry and ready to fall out.

All the maintenance is in the stem. Most importantly, keep the screen clean. This is a pretty easy job if you empty it after each use. I include a very basic pick tool to pick the screen clean. When this becomes too difficult, either replace, or remove the screen and clean.

The inside of the wood stem functions better with some minor build up. It helps the screen seat tightly, so you can gently tamp the load. I just use a dowel (included) to push out any large build up. You could also use a little pocket knife. Do not cut into the wood, or even shave it, as the screen will be harder to seat.

Not really much else. If you leave the stem loaded, it will gunk up more. You can place an empty stem in LB and do a burn off, then pick clean. Place the stem in the unit, press the switch and gently inhale for a few seconds. When all else fails, change screens (or remove and clean).

That's about it.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Ten formed, five to go. After forming ten, my eyes look like the spiral coils.
nbWaSbf.jpg
Nice coils!!
j31u9Zz.jpg

IcrKw6B.jpg

Slickwilly

Hey All,

As far as the unit, not much cleaning really. Just make sure that you get out whatever ever little flower that may drop in. Be careful not to dislodge the screen. Anything in there will be dry and ready to fall out.

All the maintenance is in the stem. Most importantly, keep the screen clean. This is a pretty easy job if you empty it after each use. I include a very basic pick tool to pick the screen clean. When this becomes too difficult, either replace, or remove the screen and clean.

The inside of the wood stem functions better with some minor build up. It helps the screen seat tightly, so you can gently tamp the load. I just use a dowel (included) to push out any large build up. You could also use a little pocket knife. Do not cut into the wood, or even shave it, as the screen will be harder to seat.

Not really much else. If you leave the stem loaded, it will gunk up more. You can place an empty stem in LB and do a burn off, then pick clean. Place the stem in the unit, press the switch and gently inhale for a few seconds. When all else fails, change screens (or remove and clean).

That's about it.
That doesn't sound so bad of an upkeep thanks for the info.

MonkeyTime

Put deposit on LB this morning can't wait to get it! Hopefully made batch 5

Thanks Mike for all your hard work and testing time!

Look forward to trying an all wooden vape.

Sent Mike email to upgrade to package deal now instead of base model. Liked the battery gauge and would probably end up getting another stem so why not?

One question what do you suggest to clean it with?

I think you'll love the vape, I do!

The only think I'd recommend before proceeding with is asking Mike about the battery gauge before hand. That was my only disappointment. I realized at the time of order that it was just out of or possibly still in development, but had I known what I was getting, I would have declined.

In Mikes defense, he did include a small manufactured battery gauge, but it's not what I thought I was paying for.

Again, love the LB, and can't wait to be back in a position to use it, I'm sure you will too!

Slickwilly

I think you'll love the vape, I do!

The only think I'd recommend before proceeding with is asking Mike about the battery gauge before hand. That was my only disappointment. I realized at the time of order that it was just out of or possibly still in development, but had I known what I was getting, I would have declined.

In Mikes defense, he did include a small manufactured battery gauge, but it's not what I thought I was paying for.

Again, love the LB, and can't wait to be back in a position to use it, I'm sure you will too!
Thanks for the heads up, thought it was part of the package? I would of probably order another stem anyway plus could always use some more batteries but that cover with gauge caught my eye.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I don't have a battery gauge cover but I think it must be very convenient and useful . @MonkeyTime , is It the aesthetic/finish or function aspect you don't like? Or both? Maybe there's been cosmetic changes since the original conception. Cool that you like the LB itself! :rockon:

I do have a voltage metre , voltage reader on my charger and am getting really good at knowing when my battery is in the 3.75 region ,,, but i think the cover gauge would be much easier to operate then taking out and putting voltage meter prongs to battery pins everytime I want to know battery life . I could see it being handy and useful for someone who as no metre or does but likes things simple.

MonkeyTime

I don't have a battery gauge cover but I think it must be very convenient and useful . @MonkeyTime , is It the aesthetic/finish or function aspect you don't like? Or both? Maybe there's been cosmetic changes since the original conception. Cool that you like the LB itself! :rockon:

I do have a voltage metre , voltage reader on my charger and am getting really good at knowing when my battery is in the 3.75 region ,,, but i think the cover gauge would be much easier to operate then taking out and putting voltage meter prongs to battery pins everytime I want to know battery life . I could see it being handy and useful for someone who as no metre or does but likes things simple.

For the record, I only posted that because the only picture on his website is the same as the last he posted here, and it's not like what I received.

I could live with the unfinished state aesthetically, I knew it might not be a true finished product, or if it was, only the first version. It's the function and how it fits onto the LB. It stands out quite a bit, and by that I mean the tabs are difficult to align to push it onto/into the back, but then there's still a good gap between the body of the LB and the back of the gauge. It rocks because of that, isn't stable and very clumsy feeling.

The last post I saw him show of it, it was still held together with was most likely electrical tape, but it sat flush against the body. I kinda liked it! It looked like two rubber bands and it could function daily there.... He directly said it wasn't meant to remain like that for daily use, but from his picture, it looked like it was just a deeper back plate.

I did appreciate the gesture of the additional, manufactured gauge, but I have testers, everywhere, and it's a different shape, but probably smaller than carrying two more batteries in a case. Which at that point I wouldn't need to test, I'd swap lol!

Had I known, for the $30, I would have bought another stem or batteries. I grew to like the wood stems, they were my first, very quickly.

Now I just long for the day where I can get back to using it. I also want to try one of those vapor lungs you keep posting videos of, they look fun and I don't need my face:lmao:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@MonkeyTime
Sorry you don't like the gauge. I believe I mentioned to you in email that is still in development, and I was sending you the current prototype, and that is why I included the external gauge. I can give you two options, I can send you the final version when it's done, or give you a refund of $30 (or a stem or batteries). I was more concerned about function at this point, so you'd have something to measure the battery life. The two terminals that slide behind LB's terminals will still be the same, but the body will be cosmetically finished in the final version. The back plate gauge is not intended to stay in place, it's a tool to measure the battery life. Pop on, pop off.

NOTE LB OWNERS: All you need to do is contact me and let me know what your issue is. I address every customer personally, and will always resolve the issue.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I completely agree with @beyond6strings regarding the top hats. He sent me quite a few and they are the best. They are very easy to install and remove and cleaning is a breeze. The abv is more even now and I can get a deeper extraction with them. There is always that one extra hit that's hiding in that bowl.

I'm just happy I didn't send you the dirty ones. :cool: Cuz I wouldn't have had them to mess around with when I was stoned off my ass and my ADHD was looking for something to do after midnight. Rarely do my after-midnight ideas yield results in the day-to-day.

I've talked to a couple other screen aficionados and they agree the finer mesh of the screens is providing more draw restriction & as well as some conduction.

And they are so easy to maintain-I agree with you. I pick 'em clean after every use, and then once a week I take 'em out and torch it til it's a glowing red cherry, let it cool and pop it back in. Done.

I also like that the screen sits in one place. I can alter the dose by how thick the puck is, and doing that is much easier on a screen that won't move when you push on it. So far, I don't see any downsides.

@Pam it's hotter because of the set-up, so even though it's hotter it's not because I'm pressing the button more. I'm actually using the button less so I'm not draining the battery as fast.

And this is what they call anecdotal evidence. I'm not a scientist and know very little about thermodynamics.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@Pam it's hotter because of the set-up, so even though it's hotter it's not because I'm pressing the button more. I'm actually using the button less so I'm not draining the battery as fast.

Yeah I know how it's hotter, because of the rimmed seat , but I always thought a hotter load would give faster extraction, the reason why I wondered how hotter could mean longer sessions. Lol..so you compensate by taking smaller hits then with other screens which saves on battery , gotcha! It is a positive thing , battery already lasts good so it must rock if even longer . It Must do for monster rips if riding the button then :D

I can see how screen not being able to be pushed down can be more consistent.

I Did find 10 for $2.50-3.00 on eBay here , will order some to test out .

Edit : Shorter hits rather (not smaller), shorter hits to compensate for hotter setup, and achieve a extra hit because it runs hotter ..

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Yeah I know how it's hotter, because of the rimmed seat , but I always thought a hotter load would give faster extraction, the reason why I wondered how hotter could mean longer sessions. Lol..so you compensate by taking smaller hits then with other screens which saves on battery , gotcha! It is a positive thing , battery already lasts good so it must rock if even longer . It Must do for monster rips if riding the button then :D

I can see how screen not being able to be pushed down can be more consistent.

I Did find 10 for $2.50-3.00 on eBay here , will order some to test out .

Edit : Shorter hits rather (not smaller), shorter hits to compensate for hotter setup, and achieve a extra hit because it runs hotter ..

The 'heating cycles' with the top hats during a session are definitely a bit different. But overall I'm noticing shorter pre-heats, especially after the first heating cycle, and not holding button down as long on any heating cycle. The first draw is flavor and a nice amount of vapor, then hits 2-4 keep growing in density as the heat builds up in the stem/screen. Then I usually stir and I'm surprised at how light the color of the flower is. The first hit after the stir is similar to the first draw, then I get two strong pulls and one whispier. And that usually caches the load. I'm guessing I average around .03g-.05g per stem.

beyond6strings,
Reactions: P.A.M.

MonkeyTime

@MonkeyTime
Sorry you don't like the gauge. I believe I mentioned to you in email that is still in development, and I was sending you the current prototype, and that is why I included the external gauge. I can give you two options, I can send you the final version when it's done, or give you a refund of $30 (or a stem or batteries). I was more concerned about function at this point, so you'd have something to measure the battery life. The two terminals that slide behind LB's terminals will still be the same, but the body will be cosmetically finished in the final version. The back plate gauge is not intended to stay in place, it's a tool to measure the battery life. Pop on, pop off.

NOTE LB OWNERS: All you need to do is contact me and let me know what your issue is. I address every customer personally, and will always resolve the issue.

Hey Mike, thanks for the kind reply, the generous offer, and sorry for how all of this has come out.

First the easy part, yes, you did send that email, and I feel it was very clear, and I already knew it was still in development. It doesn't change anything, but I received that message on the same day, but after I got the email with my tracking number.

Now for the clarification......

I spend a lot of money on vape related stuff, I love supporting this industry, and, quite honestly, that can also be self serving. When I see a company, no matter the size, moving our passion forward, whether thru innovation, being an example of outstanding CS, or any other manner, I love to support it. It's a win for everyone.

You have displayed both of those traits, and I was and am, happy with my purchase. Your kind offer is just another example of who you are, how you operate and the integrity you live by.

I was originally just going to PM that member and suggest they contact you before ordering to see what stage it was at and if it would be what they expected or useful to them, what ever situation they're in.

I partake, not because of medicinal needs, but for the relaxation and enjoyment. (side note, have to agree with another member who's signature reads "The older I get, the more medicinal my use becomes..." I can relate completely) I often remind myself that others are looking into things for medicinal reasons and that sometimes their circumstances and how things function are more important for them than myself.

I had noticed when looking it over that there was about 1/4" of exposed terminals when inserted. Not even a thought for me, but the use and that fact may be for others.

With that in mind, I chose to post for all, knowing that for each post I read, there's members that have read and not posted and probably many more that are viewing as guests that can't. Don't help one, help the whole. I also realize that many don't or haven't been reading from the beginning and may not have realized what stage this was in. I did check your website before to verify that there weren't any new pictures of it and also noticed that on the website it's not listed as "in development" or anything that would alert them to that. It's not my job to look out for everyone, but I do care, and know that some don't have the funds to spend like I do.

I know that I was on my phone for the first post, the length tells me that. When I'm on a computer, my typing skills are just fine and I can get lengthy, please see this post for proof :ko: Most of this is because I didn't explain clearly both the whats and the whys. That's on me, I'll own it.

My disappointment wasn't in what I received, but rather that it wouldn't worked like I had hoped, for me.

Had I been disappointed in the money aspect, I would have contacted you and I truly believe that I would have received that same generous offer you extended here. I wasn't, so I didn't, and had moved on until I saw that post.

When it moves into a true V1, if it looks like it serves a purpose, I'd gladly pay for that version. On the other hand, if production needs slow down (not wishing that on you, more people should get to enjoy this one), I wouldn't mind you spending some time on that collaboration you hinted to here.....

@MonkeyTime
Yes... the collaboration. Let's just say there are a couple of *plug in* options in the works.

Either way, I consider that order money well spent. I really do like my unit! Now back to our regularly scheduled discussions about a wonderful vaporizer so I can live vicariously thru the rest of you...... @P.A.M. how about a video to get us back on track!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@MonkeyTime

Thanks for the kind words, and no apologies necessary, as I don't feel anything has *come out*. I can tell you that if you contacted me the day you got the unit, a resolution would have been immediate. Just wanna mention, the reason the website hasn't changed is because the final version will be completed before my next shipping. I also think you may have misunderstood the gauge concept. It's not meant to attach to the vape, just touch the terminals to get a quick read on your battery. Not sure about your point on the exposed terminals.

Busy, busy, day with just simple progress on this batch of 20, all in various stages of assembly. I've got six units assembled, 15 coils standing by, along with 10 bodies, five more to make. If you do the math that's 21 (always an extra). Tomorrow I need to build another half dozen bodies. Lids, backplates, gauges, coils, magnets, blah, blah, blah - lots to do.

Slickwilly

Yes , Sir. And thank you , your request coincided with a perfect "cloud" day ! Special mention to you at the end :) Check out the power of LB folks , it's MonkeyTime!

The LB woodshed videos are great keep them coming:tup:

@MonkeyTime

Thanks for the kind words, and no apologies necessary, as I don't feel anything has *come out*. I can tell you that if you contacted me the day you got the unit, a resolution would have been immediate. Just wanna mention, the reason the website hasn't changed is because the final version will be completed before my next shipping. I also think you may have misunderstood the gauge concept. It's not meant to attach to the vape, just touch the terminals to get a quick read on your battery. Not sure about your point on the exposed terminals.

Busy, busy, day with just simple progress on this batch of 20, all in various stages of assembly. I've got six units assembled, 15 coils standing by, along with 10 bodies, five more to make. If you do the math that's 21 (always an extra). Tomorrow I need to build another half dozen bodies. Lids, backplates, gauges, coils, magnets, blah, blah, blah - lots to do.
Any chance I'm 1 of that 21? :brow:
Final battery gauge cover is done good to hear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom