Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
That's how this vape was conceived. It was designed to make you happy by checking off your individual boxes.

TOP TEN CHECKBOXES
  1. Do you want really quick vapor?
  2. Do you demand a pure air path without adhesives?
  3. Is durability and reliability important to you?
  4. Is pure convection and taste a high priority?
  5. Do you love the beauty of handcrafted hardwood?
  6. Are you tired of changing batteries every couple of loads?
  7. How does almost zero maintenance sound?
  8. Do you need a hard hitting vape that will get the job done?
  9. Do you want this all in a light weight, hand held, portable?
  10. Do you expect to spend under $200 for this?

One of my tickboxes was regulated.

The coil is unique in it's ability to generate a lot of even heat, vs a little bit of uneven heat, which would lead to hot spots and possible issues.

I dont think "unique" is true. I can think of at least four other vapes that have heating elements that can do this.

Just trying to keep things factual.

oddjobold,
Reactions: Bravesst

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
One of my tickboxes was regulated.

Ahh true, true . that would be checkbox 11; do you want user friendly, manual power in the palm of your hands ?

I can think of other tick boxes too.
#12 , do you want prompt service & exceptional customer service?

I agree unregulated might not be for everyone although having used a vapcap for 6 months plus and prior that my HI log daily , I can say the LB offers easy control by speed of draw .

Having studied in business communications and marketing, I value businesses public relations and communications as much as the product they offer.

When 2 or more similar products to choose from , i tend to go with sellers who respect and work for their clients prior to the ones who share being intentionally cocky or ignoring their inboxs.

I too like to stick to facts .

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Not sure how you can sell in this day and age and not have good customer service. But as far as vapes go, to each is own. Never said I was building a vape to make everybody happy, obviously that's not the case.

That is just gold right there...
l2ht3h3.jpg

@Summer
As far as sanding. sure I sometimes use a block of wood, but this is a multifaceted appliance that's get fared up inside and out, with lots of rounded edges / angles / odd shapes. Sometimes I use very small cut up pieces of sandpaper, sometimes files, diamond files. As far as gloves, my hands aren't so roughed up really, sometimes my nails can get roughed up, not such a big deal, but there isn't a glove that could alleviate the amount of pinch grip necessary, mostly thumb. Both thumb joints work overtime, no getting around it. My hands are pretty tough from years of work, training, firefighting, this is just very intense small work. I'm actually building tolerance to it somewhat.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Love how your logo represents the shape of the coil . That's a nice coil photo, speaks for itself how it can achieve even heat distribution. the same concept of a stovetop element if anything . Thank you for sharing. We had seen pics before but this one's neat!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Love how your logo represents the shape of the coil . That's a nice coil photo, speaks for itself how it can achieve even heat distribution. the same concept of a stovetop element if anything . Thank you for sharing. We had seen pics before but this one's neat!
Neatness counts in coil building!

Bravesst,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I have potentially 8 all cherry units to choose from for batch 4. Final
@Bravesst have all batch 4 folks been contacted? The cherry in this batch looks <3
There are potentially 8 all cherry wood bodies I can choose from for batch 4. Please, take a closer look at the pic. Final confirmations haven't gone out yet, but you're in batch 4. Cherry / cherry / walnut stem if I'm not mistaken?

Bravesst,
Reactions: P.A.M.

Zabou

Morning ppl! Look what arrived at my mail today! My Lil' fucking awesome Bud !! I could stare and touch it all day long ! So damn light and smooth, yes very smooth!! And that cherry and walnut combo! My god! What an amazing job u have done there Mike, thank you very much ! Screens, battery blocks, packing wooden tool and tube all checked. Atm i am at my office and cant enjoy it, so my beauty has to wait till night. Soon i ll write down a review for u guys, at least my very first impressions. Mike! Keep it up my friend, your skills are amazing !
Thanks again.
Cheers!
IMG_20180413_095917.jpg
[/url] [/IMG]

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good Morning FC...
Five coils done, five to go. By Sunday I plan on assembling. Batch 4 is gonna be a fine batch. Just to mention, I have 2 spots left in batch 5 (early May), if anyone from the waiting list wants to jump in before I start contacting people, now's the time.

DirtyD

What if I bought another wood stem, chopped the bowl end of mouthpiece about 1/4" and just loaded my material into the vape itself and set the screen to zero or negative 2 parsecs . Using the top heater screen as the bowl. Yes? No? One of y all has to have tried this.?
I guess it would be like 1 second button mash. .. Cheers, D

DirtyD,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
One of y all has to have tried this.?

Is that a double dare ? I just might have to try it ! :nod:
I won't cut my stem but following your idea , if insert the stem screen backwards so it's bottom is flush with lip of stem , One could basically load material into vape , insert stem and go. I Wouldn't try it with lots of material as the stem crushing the material on the heater's protective screen could perhaps dislodge it , I don't know . (Surely why yo u thought of cutting stem) Seems we maybe have a 1mm to play with still , worth a shot for scientific purposes :sherlock:

Zabou

Ok guys, a little first impression review.
The parcel i received was well packed and nothing was missing or left out. It came super fast considering i leave in Greece, so thumbs up for the super fast delivery.
The unit itself is a stunning little piece of compact quality wood, really sturdy, well construct and really light. The grip feels amazing and the button trigger is in really convinient position, both for feathering the button and air flow holes at the same time. The wooden stem is amazingly smooth and light too. Overall it feels really trusty as a device and not some weak shit that u fave a feeling it wont last long. I did some sessions alone and some with some buddies. Everybody agrees with one thing for sure, it packs a punch. It hits like a train. Still trying to figure it out. So far i am amazed. :) Making solo runs with filling screen baskets ( dunno how much grams a screen basket can hold ) and ripping it. So far pre heating for 5 seconds and inhaling with pauses or another 5-10 seconds with button pressed or semi feathered gives me the best taste and dence clouds. I rip a basket in like 4 10second inhaling with pauses sessions. Maybe a bit more but with wispier clouds. I say inhaling with psuses because i found out that taking just a long inhale till i release the button gives me a hotter to my mouth and throat vape and wispier clouds. Dunno still figuring it out as i said. More observations later on! Cheers !

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Overall it feels really trusty as a device and not some weak shit that u fave a feeling it wont last long.

Yup , it's one solid little trooper . I wouldnt throw it but i wouldn't be afraid of it needing repairs if I did .

Congrats @Zabou ! That's a fine looking cherry LB! Looks as smooth as it tastes. Maple stem ? Sounds like you are well on your way in figuring it out , slowing your draw just a tad might help cool things down on longer draws .covering front air intake with a finger too . I found it hot the first day but quickly adjusted. Never hot anymore unless I want it to.

P.A.M.,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hey All,

I wouldn't load the tapered hole. There is a 20mm basket screen in there that could possible get dislodged. Plus, there would be a greater chance of herb spilling into the heater (not terrible, but not ideal on a regular basis). The spacing is also just right for the best performance.

I spoke with Alan, and this is why LB is so awesome. He mentioned something about coil building that I followed up on and realized, holy crap, it can get even better. When I get to Colorado, I'm going to get some hands on training from the best. I've decided to roll batch 4 into 5, and finish up when I get back. It's worth the wait, as having the opportunity for hands on training, and implementing it for batch 4 and 5, will produce an even better Lil' Bud. I found myself rushing to get batch 4 done, and that is never good. Whenever that happens, I have to step back, put things in perspective, and slow down.

So the new target date for batch 4/5 is early May.

Also, about performance. Damn, it is so individual. From what I'm hearing from you guys, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Definitely some kind of window for optimal performance, but we all have our own formula based on all the variables interacting.

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Also, about performance. Damn, it is so individual. From what I'm hearing from you guys, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Definitely some kind of window for optimal performance, but we all have our own formula based on all the variables interacting

That is what makes LB a great vaporizer, Mike! It doesn't matter how you use it, it works and hits like a Beast, regardless of what you do. Finding the right variables comes easy and natural, comes down to individual preferences if anything , finding your groove.

I wouldn't load the tapered hole.

One more reason to try it sometime :lol: I'll be @DirtyD 's test dummy :freak:.

Zabou

Well so far i am pretty amazed. This lil fella is blowing my mind every time i use it. It is my edc since yesterday and i can say that the hit it delivers is similar to my ti-woody vapcap so it is like a convection vapcap, hahaha !! I am doing basket screen load sessions today and i am pretty amazed how well the tiny amount inside that screen is getting extracted. Button push and repeatable slow little rips while button is pushed gives me best results so far with dense tasty vapor, rather than long and steady slow draws which also gives me tasty and smooth vapor but a bit thiniest. Also i am very happy i found use for my arizer air and solo glass stems ! Placing a piece of food grade silicon tube around the bottom glass stem makes the stem to seal amazingly tight inside Lil Bud and it seals right at the very top of chamber hole. Not even close to coil screen. Since the stem sits so high and away from coil i was able to take about 5-6 almost 12-15 seconds pushing button draws and i got amazingly big clouds of tasty and smooth vapor without even noticing i had so much vapor in my lungs. At least the very 3 maybe 4 hits were really dense. Abv after those hits was like golden brown with greens. Have screenshot i ll try to upload at night.
U should try and make a bigger dimension stem Mike ant try this out. Cheers for now guys, more at night !

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
i am pretty amazed how well the tiny amount inside that screen is getting extracted. Button push and repeatable slow little rips while button is pushed gives me best results so far with dense tasty vapor, rather than long and steady slow draws which also gives me tasty and smooth vapor but a bit thiniest.

Yeah, gotcha! holding button and toking it like a joint really does stoke it up. It is an amazing vape, it extracts very well, a pleasurable vaping experience . Quite fool proof really.

Cool on your arizer stem , I'm going to find or make a wooden seal for my arizer size bubble stem.

Mike , you already build awesome vapes to be proud of, I admire your desire to keep progressing, enjoy learning and sharing with the jedi master , the force is strong with you :clap::rockon:

Zabou

It is an amazing vape, it extracts very well, a pleasurable vaping experience . Quite fool proof really.
Well, fool proof indeed. I pushed the screen more than half way inside the stem and load it at 2/4 of created space. Kinda micro dosing again, a bit more material though but sitting that bit more away from coil makes long draws super smoother, with dense and flavorfull vapor. It does need more stirring that way but i found out that the material lasts longer, giving me more tokes than keeping the material closer to coil. In general, it is very adjustablele as far as material positioning inside the wooden stem is concerned and that coil power is super enough to roast evenly the load every time. I really like that "adjust'a'bowl" screen setting ! Gives you many different load distance profiles to play with :) . Lastly i found out that a single battery is more than enough to " sent me home" and from 4.2 took me like 4-5 stems till it drops to 3.8, still kicking for more.
Overall i am really pleased with my sexy Lil Bud so far.
Cheers !
Edit : When u guys want to load an image from mobile how u do it ? I am copying the "html" link at insert image but xant view the pic. What i am doing wrong ?

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@Zabou From mobile you could download Imgur.com app , load your photo in Imgur, once loaded click on it , copy link , in message box on fc find mountain scene square besides the smiley face , click mountain picture square , insert/paste link you copied from imgur.

Awesome feedback Zabou ! Wish We get to see your pics :) it worked when you posted the other day.
I have 4 Samsung 30q's that i rotate . I thought I'd always be charging batteries and it's totally not the case , go days without having to worry about charging batteries .

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good Sunday Morning All,

Cold again at Lil' Bud HQ, here on Long Island. Great day for digging in and getting some quality shop time. I'm back at coiling, trying a bit of a different approach that involves less fussing. The coil is mounted to a one inch wood disk, and is formed before it's mounted. The variable is not the end result, but HOW it's formed. Kinda hard to explain, but I am getting the coil shape to *take hold* BEFORE mounting to the disk. This eliminates the tendency for it to want spring open, requiring more last minute adjustments, versus staying put and holding it shape. This makes fixing the pre formed coil to the disk a simpler process, and achieving the desired end result a bit more straight forward. I think that explained it pretty well. In every instance where I've figured out a more efficient process, quality also improves. The two seem to go hand in hand.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Quiet day here, busy day everywhere else. I can monitor website traffic (Google Analytics), and for whatever reason, there was a spike in traffic. The spike was mostly compromised of what Google refers to as *direct*, so there is no source. I don't do so bad with Google search results, depends what you type in. I come up with a pretty high ranking (#4) for *on demand convection vaporizer*, and I guess that's a good start.

My vacation unofficially starts today, even though I'm leaving Wednesday morning for Denver. Got some packing up to do, maybe a little shopping to finish off. Should be a great time.

Zabou

Image preview test
https://ibb.co/gs8Cwn
Failed to direct link the image ( wondering how i did it the first time ) soi posted the link.
This is abv from my air stem attached to my Lil Bud with the help of some food grade silicon.
I ll take a pic from the setup and post it later.
So far so good as they say. The weekend passed, and i took so many lil bud hits that i almost passed out too :). Almost did 2 tubes of ground herb bout 2.5 - 3.0 grams of herb these days.
Amazing taste and clouds at short button press and full bodied high with denser clouds and more charred load with longer button press. U are the temp controller and so a tasty smooth hit is only a sec or two ( manner of speak ) away from a more heavy toke with denser vapor and more toasted taste, if not bit charred and super stoney. U define the temperature range and its up to u what the next draw will bring :)
So practice, practice practice. The device is the perfect tool, now i must master the operator :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom