Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

HindelangGG

I just wanted to make an honest review where I put every little tought in my mind into it and I hope it could help the people out there to decide if this unit is the right for them. After all I am completely satisfied with the lil bud and you got your self a long lasting customer with the performence you brought up with this device :rockon:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good Morning FC,

Today is a big day. I plan to assemble as many units as possible. I literally worked my fingers to the bone yesterday finishing, sanding, planing, filing, paring - all hand intensive work with small parts, but it should pay off today. Last batch I didn't get the wood bodies this finished at this point in the construction process. I learned my lesson this round. So, I'll be going postal in a few days, I'm thinking Thursday or Friday. Tomorrow I'll send out emails to the lucky 10. If you haven't already contacted me with preferences, please do, or you can just wait until I send out the email.

INVENTORY
10 walnut units, 3 with cherry switchboxes
10 wood stems / half walnut / half cherry

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
So there was a bit more peripheral work on batch 2, backplate work mainly. I got about 3 hours of assembly, got two done. There was minor adjustments, as there will be from time to time. I guess that's just the nature of a being an independent vape maker.

I'm testing this unit right now. He hasn't gone through his final finishing, so he's a bit dusty / scuffed up from the assembly process. He hits like a train. The minor adjustments have made it a bit more beastly. Very fast heat up. I'm thinking it got more efficient too. I'm getting more *post trigger* vapor.

*blonde walnut*
5cInRAf.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I've been trying to figure out how best to deal with the whole waiting list / paid situation. I thought it would work itself out, and it basically has. I should have all paid orders filled by next batch. Then I go to work on waiting list clientele, of which there are a lot more. If the balance between paid and waiting list stays this way, I can now kind of project, knowing my pace.

People ask what the advantage is to pay vs waiting list.

Paid Orders (full pay or down payment) - 3 to 4 weeks
Waiting List - up to 3 months

This is posted on the website as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Testing unit two. Same result, lots of juice, smooth...

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Had lots of running around to do today, minimal shop time. One rebuild / one new. I took apart one of yesterday's units and adjusted the coil. That's a nice option to have, and I have no problem when after testing, I suspect a adjustment is necessary for optimal performance, to break the unit down, and take a close look at what I think is going on. After some minor adjustments, performance is a bit better, both units are cranking AND smooth.

This truly is the best job ever.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Sounds great Bravesst! Happy you are having fun!
I don't plan on using any water tool with mine so cranking & smoooth truly sounds like the best of both worlds ! ( I can't use my vapcap without the arizer water tool anymore, only way I get decent tokes from it , lol) one less accessory is a plus!
Of course I'll still find way to vape'chute with the Lil'Bud from time to time :)

I was drawing a bit slow there, was 2nd time trying the chute while vaping, you can milk the bottle faster then that .. check out the other 2 Vids on the channel !

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Should we send a search party for Mike not having had our daily morning post from him :lol:

I really dig the entire walnut batch 1, the two middle buds are gorgeous, would be happy with one or the other, or any of the batch really .

The lucky people who have received theirs; have you tried really small micro-doses? Do herbs fall off on heater screen or just keep the vape tilted once loaded? i might place the screen further in stem and use abit less material then .1

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
When your obsession is your job, sometimes the rest of your life gets neglected. I'm trying to catch up on *stuff*, of which there is quite a bit. Have no fear, back in the shop for the second half of this day.

@PAM
No material really spills. No need to keep the vape tilted. If you prep and tamp the way I describe, it'll keep its hockey puck uniformity. You can blow out any slight build up, or even carefully use the pic tool (do not displace the bowl screen). The screen never clogs or gums up, as its kinda self cleaning due to its close proximity to the coil. You might get some minor *droppings*, especially around the edge. Remember, put no downward pressure on the screen,

I was setting the stem screen / load back about 1/16" back from the tip. The few minor changes on LB seems to allow me to vape at a greater distance back, say 1/8". I never really load more than .1, usually less. Just loaded a stem, had to be about .07. I'm into the stem about 8 or 9 sips, just about getting my standard dark brown (not black) ABV ring. All in all, it's an extremely satisfying 15 - 20 minute, get ripped quick, session, maybe one stir if I wanna not waste material, and a few more hits.

My tolerance is high, but many would be done with that.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Batch 2 half way there. Tomorrow I'm gonna get the other 5 built. I've already cleared 3 of these units to ship, other 2 get tested tonight. I got some computer work do, gotta get next ten lined up.
m1gMwah.jpg

I just digitally filed all my sales. I rather be building vapes, but record keeping is important.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
One take, unedited...

Forgot my nightly report.
10 units built. They will be finalized tomorrow, confirmation emails will go out tomorrow as well. This is always the best part of the build process, getting the same result with each unit, all the hard work falling into place, and finally getting it into the hands of someone who will absolutely use and enjoy LB for a long time to come.

Last edited:

DirtyD

Are you still accepting down payment , ?couldn't tell from website. I'd like to put up 50 bucks if possible. Thanks! Love watching the progress, can't wait to use mine. Cheers! D.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Thank you @DirtyD (and @PAM). I must be slipping, first time I'm on today. I've been working on the website, trying to think of ways to get LB out there, but I know the best way is put Lil' Bud in your hands. At this point I know what a quality product is, so as tempting as it is to crank out LB's as fast as possible, some things can't be rushed, namely the final assembly. No matter what a great job I did through the entire build process, if that final assembly isn't damn near perfection, something suffers. I take my time at the very end, it's sort of an assembly and a fine tuning all at once. Alan mentioned to me that it's as if you're building the vape for yourself - exactly.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Thanks @DirtyD, I'm happy to talk with my customers about the build process. I feel the same way you do, nowhere but here could that happen like this. The waiting list is definitely growing, so if you'd like to get your hands on Lil' Bud sooner than later, and don't wanna shell out for the whole LB right now, the installment plan really is the way to go.

At this point the goal is quality over quantity. I know that limits my bottom line and how many orders I can fill, but for me it's about the big picture. Good vapes sell themselves on FC.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I have good news and bad news (and it's the same news). Shipping will be Monday. I'm about to send out confirmation emails. Today is buff up day, packing day.

All ten units are cranking, and represent another performance hurdle for LB. The assembly process was slow, hence the delay, but that is just the way it has to be to get a fined tuned Lil' Bud.

I just send out my first newsletter. https://gem.godaddy.com/p/eb29db# for your reading enjoyment.

EDIT
As I sit here doing some final testing on unit 11 (my keeper), I'm am blown away at the power of batch 2. It is definitely a very nice experience that eliminates all the frustration of trying to get that good session. Isn't that what VAS really is?

By coupling @Alan 's coil with an all wood body, we've created something really special. These last ten has proven to me that I can repeat this process over and over, exactly the same way, with the only changes being on the positive side.

LB has increased my ability to deliver rapid vapor with very little effort.

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Hurray! Monday will be a good day!! That's a good news, what's the bad news ? There was no bad news.. other then naming your keeper unit 11 maybe . Can't it be named 12 , 11 as a special date/day meaning for me . :)

Just kidding , It's just a name /number, hahah , I'm super stoked to be in this batch , nothing or no one will change that .

Thank you for all the updates and your hard work. You are very dedicated to and passionate about the Lil' Bud .

I'll be both session vaping and ripping this beast! Sounds and seems like a -all around- unit. Definitely what I was looking forward for my portable vape!

Last edited:
Top Bottom