1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Bravesst, Nov 30, 2017.

1. alleyhoops

alleyhoops Member

Thanks for the reply, weight isn't maybe top 5 factor, but it actually gives me a little of mind. Should easily fit discretely in my pockets. I've had a few vapes where the stem was snug, but wasn't as secure as I liked.

VoidOfCourse likes this.
  2. P.A.M.

P.A.M. Vapo Rising

Wedge your wooden tube all you want in the LB , at your own risk , not of breaking it , of it being stuck in there lol . Just like the on demand nature of the Lil Bud , you are in control of how snug or secure you want your stem to be.

It would be ackward in tighty whites but if loose enough pockets or pants or in a summer jacket pocket, the LB is an excellent travelling companion.

Always a risk of your load loosening and falling on heater screen if leaving stem inserted and in your pockets , perhaps using a two screen in stem with weed in middle approach could eliminate that from happening at all .

We are a bunch of dog lovers here, you've come to right thread!

The LB Elite does offer more stability / constant hits when walking and not totally concentrating on vaping. Just food for thoughts, the Classic is a great choice none the less , and doesn't get much simpler and fun then that :)

Vape on!

3. alleyhoops

alleyhoops Member

The Elite uses a box mod, right? I'll be honest. I am so dumb when it comes to them. I have an Imp and Dave from Mistvape had to set me and walk me through everything. I still use it and it's my only "session" vape. That's when I am in the mood for it. It's not easy on dog walks though lol. I've bought a few other mods and I just can't get them to work right. I like the simplicity of the Classic. I think that's what's so appealing about it.

P.A.M. likes this.
  4. P.A.M.

P.A.M. Vapo Rising

Do it , do it

Click to play YouTube Video

5. Bravesst

Bravesst Full Steam Ahead Manufacturer

The simplicity of the Classic is unparalleled. Once you find your groove, which is key, there is nothing but smooth sailing. From the rugged switch, to the lack of circuitry, there literally is nothing to break. As long as 18650 batteries exist, it'll work. The Classic is also the mother of the all wood, glass free concept. "Let's see if we can put a 19/22 female taper directly into wood," someone said. "Can you put the coil and battery side by side?" was another common request. Once I realized how much could be done, the Classic was born. But it all started with a simple sketch from @Alan.

Here's why both the Classic and the Elite work so well!
    [​IMG]

Alan's original sketch
    [​IMG]

My original sketch
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  6. papa_ent

papa_ent Active Member

I concur, the classic is the shiz. I have a cherry and a walnut and I like to switch off cuz they're different, the walnut is newer and heats a touch slower. I use mine for dog walks regularly @alleyhoops, it's definitely pocketable. And you can take a hit, put it away until all clear again, and keep going. For full extraction and no stir I do a little turn clockwise after most hits, works like a charm.

VoidOfCourse and P.A.M. like this.
  7. caseball2051

caseball2051 Well-Known Member

Anybody got any"heady" glass stems for their bud?

Id love to buy a really cool colored stem and I'm looking for leads on where I can look.

P.A.M. likes this.
  8. VoidOfCourse

VoidOfCourse Well-Known Member

:bowdown: Wow, So frickn cool!!:rockon:
    I feel like I'm looking in the pulp fiction briefcase or at a couple of ancient artifacts or something.

P.A.M. and Bravesst like this.
  9. P.A.M.

P.A.M. Vapo Rising

Maybe @phattpiggie could turn you some dope stem . NOt sure he works much with glass but he works with acrylics.seashell,wood,some glass and metal .

Of course , I'd check with @Alan first , never know what the Vape Wizard might have .

YaMon, bossman and VoidOfCourse like this.
  10. caseball2051

Thanks for the info. I have a glass lined stem from Alan and it's my most used stem by far.

I ended up going through joda_glass and got myself a cool stem.

I'll post it once I get it

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    cpk, bossman, P.A.M. and 1 other person like this.
  11. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Thank you for the mention @P.A.M. and apologies for my ignorance.
    I'm assuming the Lil Bud uses an 18mm joint system which I don't make I pass any work like this on to @Ed's TnT or @Aezhenn.

12. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

Are we saying there's an effective glass cooling stem for the LB? If so I want one. I've tried using my 19/19 XL8R stems from my Splinters but they must not not get close enough to the heater because they don't seem to work.

I too use a glass lined stem from Alan. In fact I credit myself for telling folks here they were the truth and now even the LB OGs who were hip to the game before me swear by them.

YaMon and P.A.M. like this.
  13. caseball2051

I got my LB and immediately ordered a glass lined stem from Alan because I wanted to restrict the draw speed slightly. It's been my go to stem for a while. It helps cool vapor for sure and it matches my vape.

I recently ordered a short cooling rbt stem and it works great as well. If I remember right the new rbt stems are 18mm instead of 19mm. It fits and functions fine in my lil bud.

The stem I ordered from joda_glass is going to have some sweet red and black swirly wig wag like design as well as with some clear glass. I requested some cooling spikes as well

It costed me 57$ shipped. My VAS rash was flaring up and instead of buying a vape this stem cured me temporarily

P.A.M. and VoidOfCourse like this.
  14. P.A.M.

P.A.M. Vapo Rising

:lol::lol::lol: I credit myself for telling people the truth too :cool:

As for the tubes , lol , I still swear by the stock 3" wooden tubes personally. The glass lined tubes are nice, I have 2 of them (tubes/inserts), already broke
    One of the tube's insert, the other got quite gump up between the screen and glass being my
    Glass wasn't fully inserted touching the screen . They have pro's and cons. Using a glass lined tube exclusively for a couole weeks and going back to the stock tube makes one realise the stock tubes are just fine and more practical for a portable durable use .

Vape on !

VoidOfCourse, bossman and Bravesst like this.
  15. Bravesst

I agree on the tubes. I fall in love with the glass lining, than again with the wide open 18 mm tube. They both have pro and cons for sure. Much of what I like about the glass is the narrowing of the ID, which could be really accomplished with no glass very easily. Also easy to swap out or clean. Once the tube is used without glass, inserting the tube becomes difficult. It's really just another cool option.

Vaporooni, YaMon and VoidOfCourse like this.
  16. nonbeliever

nonbeliever Well-Known Member

I’ve been loving the 8mm draw walnut tubes I had @Alan make for me. Tasty, cool, more restriction) and the stainless steel foil baffle helps with restricting the draw even further and cooling.. and no glass to break! I liked the glass liners, unfortunately they had a very short lifespan for me - the final straw was one breaking in my pocket (fortunately, no flesh damage - whew).

P.A.M. and VoidOfCourse like this.
  17. VoidOfCourse

Same here

18. P.A.M.

P.A.M. Vapo Rising

All my lovers , haters , inbetweeners ; it is the weed that bind us !

happy Canada D'Eh!
    And a merry early Fourth of July to my fellow neighbors!

Stay Toasty my friends !
    V-va-vape on!
    P.A.M.

19. Bravesst

Happy Canada Day @P.A.M. Believe me when I say, I'm v-vaping on and on.

Just to clue you in, potential Classic Customers, Cherry and Walnut Classics are now at Maple pricing.
    https://vapwood.com

P.A.M. likes this.
  20. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

Happy Canada Day brah!

P.A.M. likes this.
  21. Bravesst

Hello Classics!

My stock of Lil' Bud Classics need some love. In order to make that happen, I'm offering an insane deal on the Classic with 20% OFF using coupon code: CHRISTMASINJULY on all Classic models.

I've got stock in Maple, Cherry and Walnut - Bare Bones and Complete
    [​IMG]

22. VoidOfCourse

23. Vaporooni

Vaporooni Active Member

Just made the CHRISTMASINJULY sale! Just ordered the Walnut LB Classic with glass inline and two extra batteries. That way I have one in the charger and one in the LB Classic. This way I always have fresh batteries. Great price Mike!, Thank You!

DirtyD, VoidOfCourse and Bravesst like this.
  24. Bravesst

New code: DIRTY30 saves you $30 sitewide!!!

25. Vaporooni

Vaporooni Active Member

I can see one advantage with the LB Classic and that is, The battery is only being used when the button is being ignited. Where as the digital is on the whole session. Although the Elite will be my next order because I do like temp control also.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    VoidOfCourse, Bravesst and DirtyD like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors