Liger or Halo? Size? Need help before sales end :) Nail/Enail/and Portable

explanga

Hi all!

Need to change my handle on here I don't even remember making it in 2009, lol.

I have just a few hours so any help is appreciated.

I won't be taking monster hits, I prefer to do a few smaller ones, at least right now.

I had already decided on glass (14mm FTK or FabEgg clone), and pretty sure on my portable solution, but need help ASAP on the enail/nail/insert orders.

Nail/Insert:
I am stuck between D-Nail SiC Halo + Saphire insert, and Liger + Sic insert (or Saphire but wow on the cost). I am not sure on what size Liger at that, is the flat-coil superior? The dishes look way taller for the 16mm and 20mm). I read a bit more and it seems 20mm might be my best bet, but does this heat from the bottom too?

I like that the D-nail sits vertically vs off to the side, but some people use a drop down anyways, so, I can get over that if function, form, etc are superior. The Liger looks awesome, of course.

Which is better for convection? That Halo's saphire shelf is for that purpose, but from what I gather, useing lower temp and carb capping with air mixing in causes the convection, which happens when capping regardless, vs the air passing the amount that might remain on Halo's shelf? CCA710 mentions it is designed with sublimation/convection in mind (not sure what people mean by sublimation in this context actually).

What is superior/better tech/science? What do people here like? Any consensus?

PID/Heater Coil:
I also need an e-nail and was thinking the High Five , 1 of the 2 basic boxes, not sure on the difference!
I can pick coil type, so was wondering if flat coil is going to be compatible for either or both of the nails above. (Or barrel if I go with the 16 or 20mm) Other option is DHGate e-nail/coil. I know the wiring has to match/'be right for the PID and coil.

I can calculate all costs and update post. I have been reading through long threads and getting some insight, but still need some input. On any of the things I asked about.

Portable:
Saianora and Pico or Arms Race, all coils and doghnut, adapter for glass, and hydro tube, thoughts? The only thing that seems to be missing is a sealed chamber of sorts that can't leak like some of the vape pens claim. I saw in some other threads mention of the Sai. You can vape at 360-430 with these... Why can't you with the nails? I also plan to decarb if not already and make THC CBD in caps or some spray for sublingual, been just eating it in caps or using these honey sticks for convenience).

Which High 5 Enail to get? The RDK looks interesting too, with the DC and all...

Thanks!

Last edited:

Monsoon

Unless you get a used one, I wouldn't recommend the Liger unless you're okay with waiting up to 1-2 months. I love my 30mm and I think it's worth the wait but the company can't keep up with their messages right now and product is slow to arrive. I'm sure you'll be happy with the SiC HALO though.

For the e-nail, I'd get one of the Auber's if you're going cheap and unlike the China option you get a warranty and decent support. Only negative with High-Five is that I've heard they use Type-J thermocouplers instead of the more common Type-K so you may be stuck buying replacement coils from them.

explanga

Thanks for the response.

I am ok with waiting. I did get a customer response e-mail in a couple of hours today (Sunday).

I thought the High5 sale was larger than it is, so not a huge deal. The codes around here for the CCA work.

D-nail 20% off still good I think, ends today.

Why did you pick 30mm? How does the Liger compare to the Halo in your experience?

I am still reading the many threads here, very long threads. Back in 2003 I made BHO on a rooftop in a city and taught many people who then spread it. I lost my Volcano, Hurricane, my first bong even, so have had to start over. So much exciting gear and tech now!

herbivore21

Thanks for the response.

I am ok with waiting. I did get a customer response e-mail in a couple of hours today (Sunday).

I thought the High5 sale was larger than it is, so not a huge deal. The codes around here for the CCA work.

D-nail 20% off still good I think, ends today.

Why did you pick 30mm? How does the Liger compare to the Halo in your experience?

I am still reading the many threads here, very long threads. Back in 2003 I made BHO on a rooftop in a city and taught many people who then spread it. I lost my Volcano, Hurricane, my first bong even, so have had to start over. So much exciting gear and tech now!
@Monsoon summed it up man. The Liger is simply not competitive due to wait times and product failure rates alone. I ordered my liger > 6 months ago now and am still waiting on replacements for faulty parts.

Also remember that even without the d-nail 20% discount, any halo setup is considerably cheaper than the equivalent liger setup :2c:

It is a very, very easy decision to make at present due to the CS and QC issues that CCA have had.

explanga

Much appreciated, was hoping you 2 would reply.

So they are about equivalent in terms of experience/functionality?

Would a RDK flat coil work on a D-Nail Halo?

explanga,
Reactions: shredder

herbivore21

So they are about equivalent in terms of experience/functionality?
I would not say that they provide equal functioning. However, if we ignore CS/QC issues, both have usage cases that justify them :2c:

I do not recommend the use of non d-nail coils with quartz or Sapphire halos, but since you're after SiC, it should be no problem.

herbivore21,
Reactions: Morty

explanga

What are the use cases/functional differences?

For the D-Nail I was thinking SiC with the sapphire insert disc. For the Liger, was thinking 30 or 20, SiC.

Portable wise, looking at some portable e-nails but to hit more in pen mode, that have buckets, (source and others) I like that idea, nothing right on the coil, still researching.

explanga,
Reactions: shredder

brucee10

I have a 20mm Liger V2, and 30mm Liger V3. I just picked up a Quartz Halo and I'm on the list for the Sapphire Halo. I run them off a Omron PID and a Hex-Nail. The Ligers tend to have a little more reclaim generation, but the flavor is so good during long draws at low temp. The Quartz Halo I run slightly hotter, but the dabs finish a lot faster and the taste is relatively comparable.

In the end, I'm going send my V2 to a friend. I'm going to keep my 30mm and buy a second set of bases for the Sapphire Halo. You can't go wrong with either setup right now in my opinion.

damm

I have a 20mm Liger V2, and 30mm Liger V3. I just picked up a Quartz Halo and I'm on the list for the Sapphire Halo. I run them off a Omron PID and a Hex-Nail. The Ligers tend to have a little more reclaim generation, but the flavor is so good during long draws at low temp. The Quartz Halo I run slightly hotter, but the dabs finish a lot faster and the taste is relatively comparable.

In the end, I'm going send my V2 to a friend. I'm going to keep my 30mm and buy a second set of bases for the Sapphire Halo. You can't go wrong with either setup right now in my opinion.

You skipped the SiC there; you don't like SiC or didn't try? I think i'll try their Sapphire dish once it's out

https://www.facebook.com/DNail710/p...7910858367340/770452066446547/?type=3&theater

brucee10

You skipped the SiC there; you don't like SiC or didn't try? I think i'll try their Sapphire dish once it's out

https://www.facebook.com/DNail710/p...7910858367340/770452066446547/?type=3&theater
I have 2 20mm SiC Liger dishes and 1 30mm SiC dish, plus the 30mm Quartz and Sapphire dishes. I got the Quartz Halo because I wanted to try the wicking surface and the SiC Halo doesn't have it. If the SiC Halo gets the wicking surface, I'll probably buy it too. I'm of a collector of vape parts it seems.

damm

I have 2 20mm SiC Liger dishes and 1 30mm SiC dish, plus the 30mm Quartz and Sapphire dishes. I got the Quartz Halo because I wanted to try the wicking surface and the SiC Halo doesn't have it. If the SiC Halo gets the wicking surface, I'll probably buy it too. I'm of a collector of vape parts it seems.

It wiks pretty well imo; even though it doesn't have the 'wik surface'. I might have to pickup the Quartz when they get in stock; just to try it myself.

explanga

Figured I will do both when able.

I do intend to get sapphire later.

Went with your advice guys.

By the way, the SiC halo has texture and groove both, I'm told.

SLIM base wise:
I got the 2 multi adapters, so hopefully can get a 14 M base if I have problems, since I did ask. I will test. Perhaps it's been revised. Just an issue of fit?

Monsoon

Figured I will do both when able.

I do intend to get sapphire later.

Went with your advice guys.

By the way, the SiC halo has texture and groove both, I'm told.

SLIM base wise:
I got the 2 multi adapters, so hopefully can get a 14 M base if I have problems, since I did ask. I will test. Perhaps it's been revised. Just an issue of fit?
I find the female SLIM adapters (ie for male joints) got stuck a lot, I would try to only use the on adapters and dropdowns. I think they might sell PTFE sleeves that prevent it though. The male adapters have always come off easily as long as you don't let too much resin build up.

Also make sure to get their carb cap and the fork dabber is perfect to go with it.

Monsoon,

explanga

In the next gen enail thread, herbivore says to get the dedicated 14mm male for female rigs. (And vice versa). My package arrives today so I'll have to think of options.

Monsoon

In the next gen enail thread, herbivore says to get the dedicated 14mm male for female rigs. (And vice versa). My package arrives today so I'll have to think of options.
That's good advice. If it's an expensive rig I would try to use adapters or a dropdown, worst case you can still use it stick on or just break the cheapo adapter if needed.

Monsoon,

explanga

Thanks, hoping they will send another out or give a break if I am very nice, but I will buy it if needed, lol. Truthfully dude was really helpful and at first told me to get the dedicated, but then I said no it's a 14 not an 18 and he said they should be fine, (I think he was thinking of the female, not male). I want the best though, (that's why I am on the sapphire list). Getting into all of this has me planning myself my own birthday present heh.

I ordered 2 male-female glass Z adapters with my glass, so that should work. I also ordered 2 male to male so I can hook up any atomizer attachments I will be getting to my rig, heh. Like herbivore wrote in a thread somewhere, I kind of want some sealed buckets but I think material wise SS and quartz or ceramic should be ok. A SiC insert for a portable atomizer would be awesome! lol.

Adapters came in 2 packs. For under $5 a pair I figured why not. I like the idea of the nail sitting right on my rig, though, aesthetically. With these higher end items, I think reclaim should be less of a problem.

As far as PTFE and the sleeve, that's teflon, if I recall, and that can offgas various compounds at oven temps, the higher you go the worse that is offgassed, can kill birds outright, so I don't want that being heated up near my inhalation path. Thoughts?

Do people use drop downs with the Ligers too? I have seen a few in pics, but it seems like it incorporates one, still, metal on glass vs glass on glass on your rig. My rig is cheap for now but it's not free eh!

damm

Thanks, hoping they will send another out or give a break if I am very nice, but I will buy it if needed, lol. Truthfully dude was really helpful and at first told me to get the dedicated, but then I said no it's a 14 not an 18 and he said they should be fine, (I think he was thinking of the female, not male). I want the best though, (that's why I am on the sapphire list). Getting into all of this has me planning myself my own birthday present heh.

I ordered 2 male-female glass Z adapters with my glass, so that should work. I also ordered 2 male to male so I can hook up any atomizer attachments I will be getting to my rig, heh. Like herbivore wrote in a thread somewhere, I kind of want some sealed buckets but I think material wise SS and quartz or ceramic should be ok. A SiC insert for a portable atomizer would be awesome! lol.

Adapters came in 2 packs. For under $5 a pair I figured why not. I like the idea of the nail sitting right on my rig, though, aesthetically. With these higher end items, I think reclaim should be less of a problem.

As far as PTFE and the sleeve, that's teflon, if I recall, and that can offgas various compounds at oven temps, the higher you go the worse that is offgassed, can kill birds outright, so I don't want that being heated up near my inhalation path. Thoughts?

Don't buy it. It's teflon related and they are designing it to take the heat so your rig doesn't have to. Just find a way to put your halo on Stand like the Sublimator Stand I just linked would work (I think)

Every time my rigs get a little too hot; I almost buy a PTFE adapter and then remember why I won't... I love my cats

brucee10

Don't buy it. It's teflon related and they are designing it to take the heat so your rig doesn't have to. Just find a way to put your halo on Stand like the Sublimator Stand I just linked would work (I think)

Every time my rigs get a little too hot; I almost buy a PTFE adapter and then remember why I won't... I love my cats
I use that Sublimator stand for my D-Nail and it works beautifully. Mine fit perfectly, but others might require some adjustments.

INDIVA

Has anyone tried to use their halos in the 30mm liger instead of the slim base...esp the sapphire halo if so can you tell a difference in flavor from the 30mm sapphire?..

INDIVA,
Top Bottom