Liger banger V2.0

herb forester

Scrape out your other nails and/or bangers and use your left-over wax resin to season your Sic and Quartz insert for that matter. Seems a waste to use concentrate when all your doing is basically buring it off. Like a cooking stone, the more you bake with it, the better everything tastes.
Your last sentence may apply for Quartz if you like using it that way, but SiC is so hard there 's not much sense in trying to season it. Carbon buildup is minimal and only the result of extract impurities (which scrape right off easily, unlike my experience with quartz). I suppose you could let a carbon layer build up in the SiC dish, but I think that would defeat the best function of the material.

herb forester,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

tepictoton

Nice to see this thread alive.

So after a long waith my 20mm bucket with inserts showed up.

I was pleasantly surprised to find an updated storm cap with five different tips, and an extra new quartz insert for my 16mm nail.

The finish seems to have changed a bit, but no need to worry, only for the better!!! The ingrained with the cca710.com logo seem to have been made wider, I like it more, seems like it is less prone to getting dirty.

I like the new storm cap a lot, haven't even tested it yet hihi

Nail is heating as we speak, will do a little burn off after cleaning and I guess I will just go ahead and use the SiC in my new 20mm liger...

Happy to also see other forum members enjoying their new tools.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Question for you banger owners... When I ordered my SiC dish and storm cell cap they were on backorder. They arrived yesterday

I opened the box and Josh sent me an extra dish of some kind. I have a glass one which I expected to be he SiC dish but there is also a blackish/dark grayish dish made out of stone or ceramic or something like that. He mentioned throwing in something extra for some troubles we had. Any ideas guys? I can email Josh but I know I won't hear back until Monday at best and I'm impatient.

By the way, support from cca710.com and Josh has been outstanding. For my backordered items Josh forgot to send me item out initially. It wasn't a big deal to me but I truly believe it was for him. This is why I think he sent me an extra dish of some kind. I just wish I knew what it was. It's nice to see people still care about their work and brand nowadays.

Nice! He sent you a free Quartz insert it looks like. Like others have said above the blackish one is the SiC. I only did a quick iso rub on both and then seasoned both with a little dab but inhaled as I did it! lol. The SiC and Quartz both worked great out of the box for me. I like the quartz at around 700 and the SiC at about 675 for big dabs. You can go lower for sure though. Play with the different temps with different inserts with different concentrates. You might find your stable shatter tastes best at 680 in the quartz while you like your terpy wax at 640 in the SiC dish. It's fun to experiment, I took an extra dab this morning just so I could taste the difference haha :science:

Welcome to Club Liger!

jl420

Your last sentence may apply for Quartz if you like using it that way, but SiC is so hard there 's not much sense in trying to season it. Carbon buildup is minimal and only the result of extract impurities (which scrape right off easily, unlike my experience with quartz). I suppose you could let a carbon layer build up in the SiC dish, but I think that would defeat the best function of the material.
Just before I got the Sic insert Josh at CCA/710 told me I should season it so it would taste better. As well as a few fellow FC mates all had the same opinion that either Quartz or Sic should be seasoned. I've tried taking dabs with a new Quartz banger without the benefit of seasoning and it had a really wierd taste.

jl420,

weenstoned

You don't need to season quartz. If the banger had a weird taste you probably weren't letting it cool enough. For the most part people have moved on from seasoning quartz to q-tipping out the leftover oil so that no seasoning develops and the nail stays clean. The basic theory is that the built up seasoning will heat to a different temperature than the nail itself potentially shortening the life of the nail. This isn't so much a problem with an e-nail as you are getting constant low temperatures compared to uneven high temperatures from a torch.

Can't speak to seasoning SiC though.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Got home to a surprise package from Colorado. It was a couple of new quartz Liger inserts! Josh made the bottom plate twice as thick. Plus I noticed it seems polished even smoother but that may be my imagination because it's newer. I just got some Native Roots shatter to try today too so I fired up a big dab, didn't season it. It tasted great, second one was even better. I think this improvement would make it possible to take larger dabs at lower temps although it would be a small difference I'm sure. Check it out.

085FA285-33F4-4A5E-905C-A71964EFE9CB.jpg
EC834BE3-2A7E-44D6-8BFD-6B6EEF4F43DD.jpg
9BAFD912-0922-4901-A613-2EA0AA911BC5.jpg
0AF8724E-8539-43DD-8964-0CE20E3F6139.jpg

ezd

Been lurking for a little while but this banger is so good I have to chime in.

I grabbed the Liger, Stormcell cap and SIC Insert. This setup is awesome! I got the Liger because of how versatile it is, 14 or 18mm piece? No prob! 45 or 90 degree joint? Still no prob, no adapter needed! This let me convert a grav labs Helix so I could try out dabbing and it was decent. Now I've got an FC-710 and I'm totally blown away.

I'm already thinking of getting another Liger in 20mm + Quartz just to compare but I may check out the D-Nail SiC Dish first. That setup also seems really popular here. Wish I had found this site sooner, would've saved me a ton of cash.

tepictoton

Just want to say.... SIC is sick jiji...

Should I say I have been enjoying my new tool?

Have also had a chance to test new storm cap and different tips for that. We need to find a material that let's you pick up the oil and drop it in the bucket without letting the oil creep back up the tip... Oh look at it, crawling its way back up.

Temp here with sic is kept at about 620when taking fairly big dabs. Lowering the temp gives me a lot of trailing and I think trailing equals loss?

So no trailing for me, give me that white walling, head banging, are you awake yet, kind of effect jiji

So does anyone in here run the Liger with the Dnail? I'm buying a 20mmLiger V2 with the Dnail and I want make sure the heater coil will work

Cannabis Connoisseur,

mixchu69

I run my liger with the d-nail coil, but terpz controller. Got the d-nail coil when I purchased their analog unit.

mixchu69,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So does anyone in here run the Liger with the Dnail? I'm buying a 20mmLiger V2 with the Dnail and I want make sure the heater coil will work

Any 20mm barrel coil will work with the 20mm Liger yes, there is also a 16mm Liger that works with the 16mm barrell coil. Dnails standard coil is FLAT that does not work with the Liger. Short answer is YES, As long as you make sure that your 20mm coil works with your D-nail everything should work great.

mrbonsai420,

Bokin_Smoles

oYhpbsp

Long time lurker but this is my first post to the forum. Just got my 20mm Liger and Quartz insert and so far i'm loving it! The flavor with the quartz really is superb compared to titanium and it just makes for a way cleaner, smoother hit that something you would get from a prior gen nail.

Ive been running it with my Auber 200 controller and 20mm coil at around 760-800(although the quartz is far lower of a temp) and I've found it also leaves much less of a vapor trail than my old Titen nail.

Lastly I also love how the design of the nail keeps the coil away from my face! Without a drop down my old nail constantly sat 2 away inches from my face when taking a dab, but with the banger design of the Liger I no longer have to worry about what could of been quite the painful accident.

Altogether Im loving it so far, may have to hit up my boy @Riceandbeans and do a comparison of it side by side a Quartz or Sic Halo for the Next Gen Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monsoon

Long time lurker but this is my first post to the forum. Just got my 20mm Liger and Quartz insert and so far i'm loving it! The flavor with the quartz really is superb compared to titanium and it just makes for a way cleaner, smoother hit that something you would get from a prior gen nail.

Ive been running it with my Auber 200 controller and 20mm coil at around 760-800(although the quartz is far lower of a temp) and I've found it also leaves much less of a vapor trail than my old Titen nail.

Lastly I also love how the design of the nail keeps the coil away from my face! Without a drop down my old nail constantly sat 2 away inches from my face when taking a dab, but with the banger design of the Liger I no longer have to worry about what could of been quite the painful accident.

Altogether Im loving it so far, may have to hit up my boy @Riceandbeans and do a comparison of it side by side a Quartz or Sic Halo for the Next Gen Thread.

Welcome to FC! Just fixed your image below, make sure there's a .jpeg at the end so that it links to the image and not the page. Nice rig!

oYhpbsp.jpeg

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
oYhpbsp

Nice! I like your banger hanger. Do you have the storm cell cap? Either way Make sure you are capping it for the best experience. You should be able to go a good bit lower temp and play with the flavors if you are capping it. I do like to crank mine up to 750 (always lower with SiC) occasionally and just take a fat rip though! You should be able to get good hits around 700-710 when capping depending on the size of your dabs. I go 660-670 for my SiC insert.
If you ever get the urge to make another purchase I highly suggest the SiC insert and cap from CCA. Coupon code in my signature will get you 10% off on it all. Good to have you on FC!

On the next gen thread someone was asking about how big the inserts were compared to coins so they had a reference. Well the 20mm OD is about the size of a US dime and larger than a standard banger surface. While the 16mm version is around the same size or maybe slightly smaller than a standard banger.

4765A801-D623-4364-8185-002C19FE477A.jpg
774367D2-455C-4D6C-BA98-F3D38C77B7C3.jpg
9F2630DD-4733-4C81-96DC-C0225F79B50A.jpg

Bokin_Smoles

Im currently using my old knockoff HE carb but planning on buying the storm cell cap soon. I messaged josh and he let me know that both the cell cap and the 20mm Sic inserts are currently back stocked and it was gonna be around a two week wait. I figured I'd just order myself a cap once they have them back in stock and i plan on eventually ordering the Sic to give it a try. My glass was blown by DirkDigglerGlass, you can check him out on instagram. He makes some dope super affordable reefs and fab eggs definitely recommend if your looking for a headier piece for around $200.

Bokin_Smoles,

Monsoon

On the next gen thread someone was asking about how big the inserts were compared to coins so they had a reference. Well the 20mm OD is about the size of a US dime and larger than a standard banger surface. While the 16mm version is around the same size or maybe slightly smaller than a standard banger.

That was me, thanks!

Monsoon,

ezd

Nice! I like your banger hanger. Do you have the storm cell cap? Either way Make sure you are capping it for the best experience. You should be able to go a good bit lower temp and play with the flavors if you are capping it. I do like to crank mine up to 750 (always lower with SiC) occasionally and just take a fat rip though! You should be able to get good hits around 700-710 when capping depending on the size of your dabs. I go 660-670 for my SiC insert.
If you ever get the urge to make another purchase I highly suggest the SiC insert and cap from CCA. Coupon code in my signature will get you 10% off on it all. Good to have you on FC!

Really tempted to get a 20mm setup after seeing these. I don't do gigantic dabs or anything but the insert does reduce the size of the bucket a little and it might be nice to have a little more surface area in there. I also liked those new quartz inserts with the thicker bottom. I don't use the shallow side of my insert at all and I'd rather just have a little bit deeper bucket and thicker bottom if possible.

Also, anyone else like using the Eye of Sauron tip for the Stormcell?

JMjrwHG.jpg

tepictoton

Yes that is my preferred tip too!

Just, the oil creeps back up one way or the other... With this tip less then the others... We kinda need someone in there to knock the oil back down when it does its creepy thing...

Did I mention SiC is sick? For anybody still on the fence, please do yourself a f(l)avor, and get it...

Top Bottom