Liger banger V2.0

jl420

Thanks...glad you like it. If you do get one, ask for Sam and, if you don't mind, tell them that Stephen sent you. I don't get anything out of it but I would like them to know that their efforts working with me on this is paying dividends.

Yes, I think Josh should offer or post a link to them on his site but he's a one man show and that just might be adding too much on him as he works mightily to get the v3.0 out the door.

Yeah, I don't see a pre-order link on his website...not sure how folks are pre-ordering 3.0's. I just got my 2.0 not too long back and I'm happy as a clam for now.

Cheers
Thanx again Stephen for the info my Dab station should be sent out on Monday. Sam is cool as hell and knows exactly what tweeks I was looking for. Not to mention that the glass rig designs are pretty sweet and has me looking to place a order for a custom rig as well.
I love my Liger v2's and might wait until Josh releases a 20mm coil version of the v3's. He said he won't make that style unless he gets alot of demand for it.

jl420,

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
I love my Liger v2's and might wait until Josh releases a 20mm coil version of the v3's. He said he won't make that style unless he gets alot of demand for it.
there will definitely be a 20mm v3 as well as a flat coil version on release. you're thinking of the sapphire inserts, which will only be available on the flat coil model initially

Baron23

Thanx again Stephen for the info my Dab station should be sent out on Monday. Sam is cool as hell and knows exactly what tweeks I was looking for. Not to mention that the glass rig designs are pretty sweet and has me looking to place a order for a custom rig as well.
Hi @jl420 - ah, you got one!! Yeah. Yes, Sam was very good to work with. What did you get...what different customization did you get that's different than mine?

I think you will be very happy with it.

there will definitely be a 20mm v3 as well as a flat coil version on release. you're thinking of the sapphire inserts, which will only be available on the flat coil model initially
Thanks @ccchase420! Good to know. I really don't see any shortfalls in my 2.0 with SiC. My only comment back to Josh was that I wish the groove on the bottom of the Storm Cap were a bit more pronounced and perhaps back cut to guide the cap on to the bucket. Yep...definitely first world problem LOL

Looking forward to next Tues's Terpy review.

Cheers

jl420

Hi @jl420 - ah, you got one!! Yeah. Yes, Sam was very good to work with. What did you get...what different customization did you get that's different than mine?

I think you will be very happy with it.

Thanks @ccchase420! Good to know. I really don't see any shortfalls in my 2.0 with SiC. My only comment back to Josh was that I wish the groove on the bottom of the Storm Cap were a bit more pronounced and perhaps back cut to guide the cap on to the bucket. Yep...definitely first world problem LOL

Looking forward to next Tues's Terpy review.

Cheers
I had the center cup made 4" high to better hold my dab tools...

jl420,

Baron23

I had the center cup made 4" high to better hold my dab tools...
Nice. In the original they made, the center cup wasn't really a cup. There was a small indentation there with the idea that this is where you would put your wax but that was a non-starter with me.

For me, my main goal was to have something to keep the damn q-tips where I could find them! LOL

I need to look their glass over some more. I enjoyed the transaction and product quality with Huffy and if I have a need I would like to buy more from them.

Cheers

papapotbelly

Hey, folks! I actually got to meet up with Josh on my Colorado vacation last weekend and dab out in the mountain wilderness, what a cool guy! Anyway, yeah, for all you V3 users and those interested, the 30mm can be run around 650-700. You just need the Ti "shelf" to snug it up to the bottom of the dish. If you don't have one yet, get a thin stainless steel washer (300 series should be fine since it's not in the air path) and put that under your coil. Even small dabs are great now with all of that surface area evenly heated! Don't stress too much about trailing: if the bowl is still steaming you can just put the carb cap back on and get the rest of your goodies. Plus, you can vape what cannabinoids you want by setting the temp to the boiling point of what you want to inhale, and Q-tip up the rest, sort of a poor man's fractional distillation! Here is a link with a chart showing what cannabinoids you capture at each temperature. Remember the coil setting is different from the actual temp of the dish. Josh is working on putting together a "translation" temp chart.

PS: Also got to try Josh's sapphire: it is definitely the way to go. Cooler, more flavorful dabs. However, it can be a bitch to clean without shattering or chipping (Josh's was brown and we had to be careful not to let the oil crust up on it after each hit). I'm thinking maybe save the sapphire for your rare oils with tons of terps, and stick with Sic as your daily driver.

Some pics of my V2 and V3!

bRMt1KE.jpg
[/IMG]
iAXOn2C.jpg
[/IMG]
lgX9COz.jpg
[/IMG]
9kD3QgD.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Danksta

Hey, folks! I actually got to meet up with Josh on my Colorado vacation last weekend and dab out in the mountain wilderness, what a cool guy! Anyway, yeah, for all you V3 users and those interested, the 30mm can be run around 650-700. You just need the Ti "shelf" to snug it up to the bottom of the dish. If you don't have one yet, get a thin stainless steel washer (300 series should be fine since it's not in the air path) and put that under your coil. Even small dabs are great now with all of that surface area evenly heated! Don't stress too much about trailing: if the bowl is still steaming you can just put the carb cap back on and get the rest of your goodies. Plus, you can vape what cannabinoids you want by setting the temp to the boiling point of what you want to inhale, and Q-tip up the rest, sort of a poor man's fractional distillation! Here is a link with a chart showing what cannabinoids you capture at each temperature. Remember the coil setting is different from the actual temp of the dish. Josh is working on putting together a "translation" temp chart.

PS: Also got to try Josh's sapphire: it is definitely the way to go. Cooler, more flavorful dabs. However, it can be a bitch to clean without shattering or chipping (Josh's was brown and we had to be careful not to let the oil crust up on it after each hit). I'm thinking maybe save the sapphire for your rare oils with tons of terps, and stick with Sic as your daily driver.

bRMt1KE.jpg
[/IMG]
iAXOn2C.jpg
[/IMG]
lgX9COz.jpg
[/IMG]
9kD3QgD.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for the heads up on cleaning the sapphire. I was going to get a SiC dish as a backup anyways, but now after reading how fragile it seems, I'm def gonna add a SiC dish to my preorder.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I'm a newbie enail user. I just received an Auber enail and a 20.0 Liger Banger (SIC backordered) w/quartz. Wow, I'm impressed! That's the cool thing with Fuck Combustion. I've learned so much through the years about the different methods of delivery: I thank this community for the great sharing of knowledge. Let us pat ourselves on the back. I feel all cutting-edge, and everything.

Last edited:

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
i really only buy high grade at this point so i haven't really had the chance to do this with extra money, but it would be awesome if someone could find out how much oil or rosin the flat coil SiC insert can vaporize at a reasonably hot temperature. or dry sift. don't forget the video!

thebreadsticks

Hey guys, got my liger and quartz cup. Since the storm cells are out, he sent me the new hurricane cap... Its huge!!! Any one else get the hurricane yet?

thebreadsticks,
Reactions: ccchase420

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
oh yes. the hurricane cap is the bomb. using it as we speak. it's so bottom heavy and fits so nicely on the liger it's almost like it's magnetic. and if you turn it upside down it looks just like that tower with the UFO on it from men in black.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
While I'm waiting for my carb-cap, I've found that an old combustion pipe I had hanging around works really good. I'm able to apply, cover, and take hits w/o wasting a bunch.

I find a shot glass works.
Throw back a shot and carb cap as needed:)

papapotbelly

Any news on when the V3 might be coming out?

From the (not recently updated) website:

"The public release of the 3.0 gear has unfortunately been pushed back due to some manufacturing delays. Please be patient as the extra time will be used to ensure you receive the highest quality end product possible! Thank you for your unwavering Loyalty, you are what makes this a reality!
Official public release will be in October 2016"

papapotbelly,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just got word that a package from CCA is on it's way!!! If I had to guess I would think there is probably the final version V3 in there. An updated storm cell cap...and hopefully some more bling bling sapphire!!! I suspect final production date of the V3 to stay put sometime in October. I Expect it to drop before Halloween for sure But as long as there are no further changes that need to be made to this next setup that's on it's way now, you might see them sooner than that!

I like these surprise packages. I will keep you updated and post some pics soon on my new Red Elvis Klein!

Hey guys, got my liger and quartz cup. Since the storm cells are out, he sent me the new hurricane cap... Its huge!!! Any one else get the hurricane yet?

YES! This is my favorite cap of any prototype or production so far for real, I love it!

bRMt1KE.jpg
[/IMG]
iAXOn2C.jpg
[/IMG]
lgX9COz.jpg
[/IMG]
9kD3QgD.jpg
[/IMG]

Awesome! Josh is a swell guy! Glad you are digging your setups as well. As far as the sapphire insert goes I have been using it as my daily driver for a few weeks now and it has seen several grams of concentrate. While I agree with you that everyone should also have a sic insert, I think this can be used quite a bit and kept clean.

I usually torch clean the shit out of my quartz and sic, (I know it's bad for them but I have several and I am SUPPOSED to abuse them for testing sake) But with my sapphire I have been using a strange method that has been working very well. I put small piece of dryer sheet wadded up in the bottom, a drop of dawn, and fill it with 99.9% iso to soak overnight.
When I come back to it I get my dab tool and use the dryer sheet wad as the scrubber and scrub out all the build up. It comes very clean with this method without torching. This is an old Martha Stewart burnt pan trick I adapted to this.
There is also another product called "Dark Crystal" that works well according to some Sapphire Dnail owners. I don't know how long the sapphire will last but I am able to keep it clean so far!

Last edited:

Gonzo_da_wind

Has anyone thought that the inserts would be better if they were machined with softer rounded off corners where the bottom meets the wall. KEEP the overall flat bottom so that the dab doesnt pool and spreads like it does but I notice the corners of the bottom of my insert is where the very last bit of any large dab is left to slowly wisp away. It really is an insignificant issue but I figure since hes still in product development and as put in so much design effort in on every other detail that it wouldnt make sense not to

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Has anyone thought that the inserts would be better if they were machined with softer rounded off corners where the bottom meets the wall. KEEP the overall flat bottom so that the dab doesnt pool and spreads like it does but I notice the corners of the bottom of my insert is where the very last bit of any large dab is left to slowly wisp away. It really is an insignificant issue but I figure since hes still in product development and as put in so much design effort in on every other detail that it wouldnt make sense not to

Nice idea ;) We thought of it as well and all new inserts have rounded corners to the walls so they are easier to q-tip clean and to prevent any oils from creeping into the corners. I just got all of my V3 inserts as well as the updated V3 storm cell and hurricane carb caps. The new dab tips are freaking awesome! Finally some I can use, the old ones are OK but were always a little big for my taste. The new ones are all perfect and will all get some use. The new ultra slim standard handle is bad ass too! So far I have only tested the V3 SiC insert and YES, the rounded corners are a little better. It makes swabbing it out MUCH easier.

The latest version of the inserts as you can see by the comparison pics have a rounded bottoms where the flat bottom meet the wall. Not only that but the bottoms are beveled to make sure if you crust up your dish that your inserts won't get stuck. This never happened to me but apparently it happened to 1 customer who was quite messy so this change was implemented as well. In the pics is the V2 sic, quartz and prototype (maybe only) 20mm sapphire next to the V3 Quartz and SiC. Then there is the V2 Quartz and SiC 30mm next to the V3 Quartz, SiC, And the New production V3 30mm Sapphire! Let the testing begin! Here are a few pics while I get the dab station together ;).

062B9E9D-C779-4A8C-B73E-4B9146FC1743_zpsk9ss3evr.jpg

0F3D4877-9014-41FE-96EA-14A83D5B39D4_zpsgtbezzpj.jpg
A77F28E1-3D7C-4ED7-A492-0D4371C9AF58_zps72otbwcx.jpg
9988C2A2-0578-4061-AC04-85E4EAF434D2_zps8jjdmwfa.jpg
CE0B1A75-B6AC-4570-BA7A-381B845FE79C_zpszag7lbav.jpg
41F3CECD-AF70-423B-9936-F4C62E75EBEC_zpsvfefhabw.jpg
EDB2C930-DB40-46A7-8B9E-2BAA2653165E_zpsir4jodhj.jpg
F9C84FA6-54C6-4C75-B2CB-C92042543F8F_zpsivy0eppp.jpg
663B7B73-AA34-4D0E-B874-265BC03BAFE2_zpsxd7sjpj3.jpg

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Nice idea ;) We thought of it as well and all new inserts have rounded corners to the walls so they are easier to q-tip clean and to prevent any oils from creeping into the corners. I just got all of my V3 inserts as well as the updated V3 storm cell and hurricane carb caps. The new dab tips are freaking awesome! Finally some I can use, the old ones are OK but were always a little big for my taste. The new ones are all perfect and will all get some use. The new ultra slim standard handle is bad ass too! So far I have only tested the V3 SiC insert and YES, the rounded corners are a little better. It makes swabbing it out MUCH easier.

The latest version of the inserts as you can see by the comparison pics have a rounded bottoms where the flat bottom meet the wall. Not only that but the bottoms are beveled to make sure if you crust up your dish that your inserts won't get stuck. This never happened to me but apparently it happened to 1 customer who was quite messy so this change was implemented as well. In the pics is the V2 sic, quartz and prototype (maybe only) 20mm sapphire next to the V3 Quartz and SiC. Then there is the V2 Quartz and SiC 30mm next to the V3 Quartz, SiC, And the New production V3 30mm Sapphire! Let the testing begin! Here are a few pics while I get the dab station together ;).

062B9E9D-C779-4A8C-B73E-4B9146FC1743_zpsk9ss3evr.jpg

0F3D4877-9014-41FE-96EA-14A83D5B39D4_zpsgtbezzpj.jpg
A77F28E1-3D7C-4ED7-A492-0D4371C9AF58_zps72otbwcx.jpg
9988C2A2-0578-4061-AC04-85E4EAF434D2_zps8jjdmwfa.jpg
CE0B1A75-B6AC-4570-BA7A-381B845FE79C_zpszag7lbav.jpg
41F3CECD-AF70-423B-9936-F4C62E75EBEC_zpsvfefhabw.jpg
EDB2C930-DB40-46A7-8B9E-2BAA2653165E_zpsir4jodhj.jpg
F9C84FA6-54C6-4C75-B2CB-C92042543F8F_zpsivy0eppp.jpg
663B7B73-AA34-4D0E-B874-265BC03BAFE2_zpsxd7sjpj3.jpg

^^^ Lefty?

I got my stuff in the mail today as well ...
Nice, especially the new sapphire dish.
And your're right, the new dabber handle and tools are dreamy.
The V2 dabber tips were waaaay too big and chunky.
The last few weeks I've been using the Hurricane cap with a HE ball-point dabber handle (small and round), but it doesn't hold down the variable air flow "washer"; the new handle keeps everything tight and is very comfortable.

alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: mutten840

Armerad

Dabbin'
Nice idea ;) We thought of it as well and all new inserts have rounded corners to the walls...
How do you feel the Hurricane cap compares with the new v3 storm cell cap? I will be purchasing my first CCA710 product once the v3 is publicly available, and am leaning towards the 20mm barrel SiC as my introductory piece into the CCA710 family.

Armerad,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
^^^ Lefty?

I got my stuff in the mail today as well ...
Nice, especially the new sapphire dish.
And your're right, the new dabber handle and tools are dreamy.
The V2 dabber tips were waaaay too big and chunky.
The last few weeks I've been using the Hurricane cap with a HE ball-point dabber handle (small and round), but it doesn't hold down the variable air flow "washer"; the new handle keeps everything tight and is very comfortable.
Ha, no righty but it was still set up from dueling ligers and was set as a lefty. I wish I still had everything I have passed on just so I could build the progression! I at least need to get the V1 back from my sister, do a V1, V2, V2 progression photo and give her a V2 instead ;)

Here's a family photo.
19678124-374E-4E6E-974D-6EC9EF12C418_zpsjnees1nv.jpg

How do you feel the Hurricane cap compares with the new v3 storm cell cap? I will be purchasing my first CCA710 product once the v3 is publicly available, and am leaning towards the 20mm barrel SiC as my introductory piece into the CCA710 family.

Ha, as you can see the cap has made a lot of changes over the last year. But the Storm Cell and the hurricane are pretty close in performance. On the 30mm I prefer the storm cell I think. On the 20mm the hurricane for the 3d rotating action but it's really a toss up. If I had to pick one today I go with the hurricane

Top Bottom