Liger banger V2.0

EXACTLY. Plus the coil temp and surface temp are closer due to the more efficient design of the barrel coil vs flat. I'm not saying it's better, because I love this flat coil 30mm once I crank the coil up to 950. But the hurricane cap just rotates so nicely on the new 20mm V3.

I love your rigs, have you thought about the use a drop down? I have never heard of a Liger breaking a joint due to heat transfer but I don't wan't to start with one of your beauties! Do you use a drop down with any of your setups to catch reclaim? That's the main reason I use them. I like to use the easily obtained claim in brownies. It's nice not to have to use ISO to get your claim. Just a little heat and it pours right out! I know the Liger creates very little but if you dab like I do it adds up. I just made a batch!
I ordered the Sapphire with the 30mm and since the Sapphire is still being finished I got the Quartz as a sort of a courtesy cup for the wait! I've been using the Quartz exclusively since its all I had. I didn't order the Sic since I already have it in 20mm. I saw someone suggest bending the coil to completely cover the bucket which I did and then I removed the Quartz insert from the 30mm and dropped the temp to 850 and pure bliss! Didn't even notice the flavor decreasing!

Cannabis Connoisseur,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
... I love your rigs, have you thought about the use a drop down? I have never heard of a Liger breaking a joint due to heat transfer but I don't wan't to start with one of your beauties! Do you use a drop down with any of your setups to catch reclaim? That's the main reason I use them. I like to use the easily obtained claim in brownies. It's nice not to have to use ISO to get your claim. Just a little heat and it pours right out! I know the Liger creates very little but if you dab like I do it adds up. I just made a batch!

Thank you!
I typically use a dropdown in all my rigs, for the reasons you noted:
Less heat transmitted to the joint
Less reclaim in the rig + easier to "reclaim the reclaim"

But I'm trying to get my face as close to the terps as possible!
This is the first time I have felt comfortable running w/o a dropdown.
I initially ran the V3 in a dropdown and found that it transmits very little heat to the joint itself.
Then I switched the Liger directly into the Deep-Six (the rig) under supervision so I could monitior joint heat, and everything seemed cool.
I ran it for a few hours during the day and then kept it at dabbing temp all night; everything was copacetic.
In addition to that, the Deep-Six is built like a tank and has a really thick hand-made joint.
I don't have any other rig's that I would feel completely comfortable running w/o a dropdown.
The joint is surprisingly cool; comfortable to touch.
In fact, the rig's glass joint is actually cool enough to touch with one's lips (be careful though, don't tough your nose on the Liger!).

;)

Here is the ol' Deep-Six with it's dropdown:

AnvFpcS.jpg

I did run the V3 20mm coil bucket with a 10mm male joint directly into this rig:
(The fit of the joint is exquisite)

gaCx3Ty.jpg

It was also cool (although not as cool) for multiple hours.
I don't feel that comfortable going direct on the Hourglass, and she was super stable with use of a 10->14mm dropdown combined with the Liger V3.
Which surprised me, as the rig is quite small.
So if I use the V3 in the Hourglass I'll break out the dropdown.

Same for the Wrecking Ball:

I1Gzu5n.jpg

I asked earlier in this thread how comfortable people were with running the Liger directly into a rig.
In the Deep-Six, I'm pretty comfortable.

:rockon:

Last edited:

herbivore21

Thank you!
I typically use a dropdown in all my rigs, for the reasons you noted:
Less heat transmitted to the joint
Less reclaim in the rig + easier to "reclaim the reclaim"

But I'm trying to get my face as close to the terps as possible!
This is the first time I have felt comfortable running w/o a dropdown.
I initially ran the V3 in a dropdown and found that it transmits very little heat to the joint itself.
Then I switched the Liger directly into the Deep-Six (the rig) under supervision so I could monitior joint heat, and everything seemed cool.
I ran it for a few hours during the day and then kept it at dabbing temp all night; everything was copacetic.
In addition to that, the Deep-Six is built like a tank and has a really thick hand-made joint.
I don't have any other rig's that I would feel completely comfortable running w/o a dropdown.
The joint is surprisingly cool; comfortable to touch.
In fact the rig's glass joint is actually cool enough to touch to one's lips (be careful though, don't tough your nose on the Liger!).

;)

Here is the ol' Deep-Six with it's dropdown:

AnvFpcS.jpg

I did run the V3 20mm coil bucket with a 10mm male joint directly into this rig:
(The fit of the joint is exquisite)

gaCx3Ty.jpg

It was also cool (although not as cool) for multiple hours.
I don't feel that comfortable going direct on the Hourglass, and she was super stable with use of a 10->14mm dropdown combined with the Liger V3.
Which surprised me, as the rig is quite small.
So if I use the V3 in the Hourglass I'll break out the dropdown.

Same for the Wrecking Ball:

I1Gzu5n.jpg

I asked earlier in this thread how comfortable people were with running the Liger directly into a rig.
In the Deep-Six, I'm pretty comfortable.

:rockon:
IME if you can get your nail direct onto your rig, it is definitely better. Less airpath = more vapor in you and less claim on your glass, as you indicate above :D

jl420

EXACTLY. Plus the coil temp and surface temp are closer due to the more efficient design of the barrel coil vs flat. I'm not saying it's better, because I love this flat coil 30mm once I crank the coil up to 950. But the hurricane cap just rotates so nicely on the new 20mm V3.

I love your rigs, have you thought about the use a drop down? I have never heard of a Liger breaking a joint due to heat transfer but I don't wan't to start with one of your beauties! Do you use a drop down with any of your setups to catch reclaim? That's the main reason I use them. I like to use the easily obtained claim in brownies. It's nice not to have to use ISO to get your claim. Just a little heat and it pours right out! I know the Liger creates very little but if you dab like I do it adds up. I just made a batch!

I've been using 'drop downs' for the past few months and what a game changer...My rigs after a week or two look like hell but since I've been using my drop downs no reclaim seems to be stuck to the sides of my glass rigs. I like the reclaim baking idea though, Brillant!! :science: As far as taste goes I have a 8.5" TAG Klien that I use a drop down with my Liger v2 with SIC insert and the taste is outta this world...Easier to replace a $10-$15 drop down than your rig (even if it is 'China glass')

Monsoon

The V3 looks pretty cool, I'm kind of tempted to order one to try it when it's out though I'm still extremely happy with my 3 HALOs. I especially like the new low profile joint section, I prefer that if only for keeping things clean (less places for residue to fill up) and to reduce weight/balance issues. Shorter vapor path is nice too. The bucket looks like a beast, but it looks cool and seems to get the job done well. It would be interesting to see some direct comparisons between the Sapphire HALO and Sapphire V3, I'm guessing they're close in performance but I don't know how much. Also unless it gets stuck, I see less cracking issues with the Sapphire V3 if only from the simpler design of a slot in bucket and even then you could keep using it unless it's really bad since there's no risk of it falling onto the table.

It's nice to see flat coils supported now but ideally you'll want to go with the option that allows a cooler coil temp. Not only for electricity, especially from a battery pack, but also running it at higher temps for longer will shorten the life of the coil both from running hotter for longer and also working harder to maintain temp. The max temp for D-Nail's coils is 1100F so it's best not to go higher than that if possible.

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
Monsoon said:
The max temp for D-Nail's coils is 1100F so it's best not to go higher than that if possible.

900 is really hot. my coil is set 760 for the 30mm (flat coil) and 585 for the 20mm. if you have to run it hotter you're doing it wrong. make sure your coil is completely snug in the enclosure, separate it with a screwdriver or pliers if you have to. then, when attaching it to the bucket, make sure it's got as much contact with the bottom of the bucket as possible, not shoved all the way into the bottom of the enclosure.

i mentioned this previously here but i'll keep preaching it, if you're using the v2/v3 barrel coil (20mm) be sure to pull apart your coil with pliers to ensure it fits snugly on the Liger! this radically increases efficiency. i was going to make more of a point of this to Josh but it's kind of something the user has to do because all coils are different to some small degree. the current measurement of the barrel width is a good general fit in my opinion but as i said and will continue to say, making sure your coil sits on the Liger snugly is definitely the way forward. i found the easiest way is to get two pairs of pliers and just grab each end of the coil and gently pull. this is how my coil looked when i had the v2, i had to pull it apart a tad little bit more for the v3:

rUJLqXt.jpg

it seemed like common sense to do this, as i noticed a definite air gap when the coil was just loosely sitting on the Liger. knowing how heat transfers across metal, prying the coil apart to maximize heat transfer allowed me to completely vaporize dabs at temperatures below 600 degrees, even with the v2. i don't doubt for a second that i could turn it down another 10 degrees to "waste it to taste it" but there's a tiny amount of residual left as is and i'm anal about getting all of my concentrate!

Armerad

Dabbin'
I see a pretty decent amount of people have the v3 in for testing, is there any estimate on when it'll be available publicly? I'd love to gift myself a v3 20mm & Hurricane cap for my birthday in mid Sept...

Armerad,
900 is really hot. my coil is set 760 for the 30mm (flat coil) and 585 for the 20mm. if you have to run it hotter you're doing it wrong. make sure your coil is completely snug in the enclosure, separate it with a screwdriver or pliers if you have to. then, when attaching it to the bucket, make sure it's got as much contact with the bottom of the bucket as possible, not shoved all the way into the bottom of the enclosure.

i mentioned this previously here but i'll keep preaching it, if you're using the v2/v3 barrel coil (20mm) be sure to pull apart your coil with pliers to ensure it fits snugly on the Liger! this radically increases efficiency. i was going to make more of a point of this to Josh but it's kind of something the user has to do because all coils are different to some small degree. the current measurement of the barrel width is a good general fit in my opinion but as i said and will continue to say, making sure your coil sits on the Liger snugly is definitely the way forward. i found the easiest way is to get two pairs of pliers and just grab each end of the coil and gently pull. this is how my coil looked when i had the v2, i had to pull it apart a tad little bit more for the v3:

rUJLqXt.jpg

it seemed like common sense to do this, as i noticed a definite air gap when the coil was just loosely sitting on the Liger. knowing how heat transfers across metal, prying the coil apart to maximize heat transfer allowed me to completely vaporize dabs at temperatures below 600 degrees, even with the v2. i don't doubt for a second that i could turn it down another 10 degrees to "waste it to taste it" but there's a tiny amount of residual left as is and i'm anal about getting all of my concentrate!
Just readjusted my coil and I'm about to try it at 760 . 585 it's exactly where i run my 20mm with SiC. So i must be doing something wrong with the 30mm! I won't vape at any temperature that leaves trails. So this was my reason for visiting such high temps. Let's see what we have now!!

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: ccchase420

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Just readjusted my coil and I'm about to try it at 760 . 585 it's exactly where i run my 20mm with SiC. So i must be doing something wrong with the 30mm! I won't vape at any temperature that leaves trails. So this was my reason for visiting such high temps. Let's see what we have now!!

What is a "trail"?

Silat,
Reactions: kazz

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I'm currently not using a drop down on my Möbius Nuc Matrix or my Joda rig. No problems for me, but I do understand the appeal of a drop down. 20mm V2 with SiC insert; so tasty. Currently running at 640.

c76man,

KimDracula

I haven't really found dropdowns to be very necessary for my use although I kinda like how it positions the Liger for the Ion II. The joint of the Liger is pretty much always cool enough to touch so I don't worry about that. I generally don't get much reclaim forming, either, since it's so efficient and gets cleaned often.

Since spreading the barrel coil I've dropped to 525 with the SiC insert on the 20mm.

I'm still so impressed by how efficient this thing is and how awesome the SiC insert is for great flavor while vaporizing oil completely. I kinda feel bad for anybody I see dabbing on other stuff. I went from getting 25-35 dabs/gram to 45-50.

I'm looking forward to the V3 but don't know if it's going to make sense to spring for the giant sapphire frying pan. I love seeing the pics from the beta testers. Fun stuff.

Hope Josh gets rich. Everyone could be using these soon (they should, anyway).

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

rUJLqXt.jpg

This is an excellent point and post, thanks Chase. I have several different coils and I notice how radically different some are. I have 1x 20mm that needed no stretching at all to fill the space in the V3 and fit snuggly on the V2 as well (G9 coil with the bend down), a second one I slightly elongated to reduce the diameter slightly (Other Chinese coil) to really cover the Liger and fit perfectly as Chase stated. Where I noticed the bigger difference was between my flat coils! I have 1 flat coil that completely fills the bottom where another had to be stretched to fill the space. Not only that but some flat coils seem to be a great deal thicker and therefor heat the bucket at a lower temp. That's why we are seeing a difference in proper temps users are reporting IMO on the flat coils, well that and temp preference in general. Josh is going through and making a temp chart comparing his coil temp reading on his Omron PiD and the actual surface temp. He just picked up a nice high temp surface probe to make the chart.
I am now taking a break from the delicious sapphire to test the 30mm out further today. drop the temps down a bit more and see how it goes. Starting at 800 today, I'll keep you posted.

EDIT:oK, I have both the 30mm sic going at 790 and the 20mm sapphire going at 560 and they are both hitting well. I still prefer the 30mm a little higher, but I get very little trails from the sapphire even at these low temps. The "Giant frying pan" of sic takes a little bit more coil energy to get to a good dabbing surface temp but it sure is worth it! It is hitting really smooth and My GF loves how much room you have to dab. I have some stable shatter I can just drop in with my fingers from a foot above it, big target lol. Happy dabbing guys!

Last edited:

Silat

Can someone please explain what you mean by "trails" when dabbing?

Silat,

Silat

After you lift your carb cap and clear your piece, if there are wisps of vapor coming up from your nail that's trails. From incomplete vaping of your dab at a temp where any residue will continue to boil off.

At least this is my understanding of the term.

So you want your temp to be high enough to not have any wisps of vapor?
What is the optimum surface temp for achieving this? :)
And Hi Baron:)

Silat,

EVlL 55

...hello.
I think a few things come into play besides temperature for residual trails....
Where I live...in an illegal state...iv luckily honed in on a concentrate source,....before that "bulk" shatters and waxes were on my nails leaving fats and impurities that left massive trails,..this was b4 q tips on Ti but nonetheless.
One thing that's hard for me to get used to is not flooding the insert...it really does take minimal amounts..too much kills the nails heat off and leaves a pool obviously.....but I think quality of material and a patient draw technique can yield flavors and potency thru convection not seen anywhere else...usually I go at 650

Last edited:

waxdab23

Trying to build a proper concentrate setup - could you guys tell me if this is all I need to get started? I realize this is a very noob question, but this will be my first setup...

1. Liger Banger v.2, 20mm Silver
  2. Liger 20mm SiC Insert
  3. Storm Cell Cap
  4. FC-710 Rig
  5. Auber 2nd Generation Deluxe RDK-300 with 20mm coil
Total cost about $450. Missing anything? Anything not a good idea?

Baron23

So you want your temp to be high enough to not have any wisps of vapor?
What is the optimum surface temp for achieving this? :)
And Hi Baron:)
Hi Silat - so I'm going to go out on limb here as I have more theoretical knowledge than experiential knowledge. But hopefully somebody like @mutten840 or @EVIL 55 can correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe that with a carb capped enail, what you would optimally like is a dabbing surface such that the concentrate will melt but NOT just boil away. Then when you put the carb cap on while drawing, you lower the air pressure in the insert and hence get boiling point depression (now your concentrate that was only melted will begin to boil at the same temp but with lower pressure).

So, is trails because you are not running hot enough or because you are running too hot. I think the later as I even when I have put too big a dab in, when running at fairly low temp (600 F in my case) the shatter did not really boil off until I put on the cap on. I have taken the cap off at the end of a draw and nothing is really smoking out of the Liger (no real big trails at all) The put the cap back on and draw and voila', another good hit.

Again, let me emphasize that you should take what I say with a grain of salt as there are many others among us which much greater experience than I.

mutten840

@Silat I think EVlL55 nailed it when he said you can also have by products like fats and such in some concentrates. These will taste not so good and will typically be that leftover stuff that smokes off (Trails) It will also leave a ring on your quartz as it builds up with use. If the nail was not hot enough it would trail off, but not taste bad when pulled through on a second toke (A finisher toke) if this is the case you would want to increase the temp like 5 or 10 degrees and repeat. If it is too hot, it will taste and feel hot and kind of irritate the back of your throat. If this is the case then you would want to drop the temp 5 or 10 degrees and try again until it is not hot on the back of your throat and starts to taste good. I have found that each glass piece will work a little different and so can have a different temp needed to run optimally.

Please drive through =)

Seth_

hi, new here :)

can any of you guys measure the exact outer diameter of a 20mm body for me? i got a coil that is slightly tighter and wont fit some of my nails and i want to be sure it will fit before i order one, thanks

Seth_,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Body of which 20mm body? V2 or V3?

Is there really a prob? You easily can make it a little bit wider!?

Hogni,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
hi, new here :)

can any of you guys measure the exact outer diameter of a 20mm body for me? i got a coil that is slightly tighter and wont fit some of my nails and i want to be sure it will fit before i order one, thanks

I will when I get home but as we have pointed out you can bend and twist your coils to fit your nail, not buy a nail to fit whatever the machine happened to bend that cheap coil.I have tested several and all 20mm coils fit every 20mm nail as long as you have a flat head screw driver and a pair of pliers handy.

OK Guys, There has been some concern about beta testers of the 30mm flat coil V3 having to run their coils at really high temps (ie 900-1100). Josh told me that he will be sending out a Ti washer to help snug the coil against the nail bucket. We should be able to run the flat coils closer to 20mm temps with the washer according to Josh (580-700 for me depending on the insert). I will let you know how that goes!

Last edited:

Baron23

This is probably not what is expected under a topic Liger Banger, but I had been looking around for a dab station for my Liger and just didn't find what I wanted. Huffy Glass did seem to make something very similar to what I wanted, but everybody was out of stock on it.

So, I called Huffy Glass and they said "sure, be glad to make one for you". Well, if being made for me, then perhaps we can change is up a bit to which they replied "sure, whadaya want?"

Here it is below. Middle is cup for q-tips. There are three arms, one with an 18mm female (they will put on whatever you want), one arm has their normal dab tool cup, and the third I had made as very wide dab tool cup to accommodate the CCA 710 Storm Cap (and I bet you could be a lot of other caps in there also but probably not the new monster..... anybody have the diameter of the new cap?).

The piece was reasonably priced ($75), Huffy Glass was a complete pleasure to deal with (ask for Sam), and the piece is very well made and exactly what I wanted.
Dab%20Station%202.jpeg

Dab%20Station%201.jpeg

Dab%20Station%203.jpeg

Top Bottom