Levo II and Ardent Nova owners

Popcorn Lung

Hi everyone. I recently have gotten into mct infused oils and have been going down the rabbit hole for proper decarbing techniques to make my own. After a few days of reading up on it I've decided to just spend some money for either the Levo II or the Ardent Nova.

I only found a few Levo II reviews and even fewer Nova reviews. It makes me wonder if these machines promise more then they deliver. Or maybe these appliances do not appeal to the mass market.

I've always appreciated the opinions and views of FC members and I have learned to take the advise from especially the more veteran and well known members on here. Perhaps someone with experience can chime in with their thoughts in these or any other similar appliance. Thanks you all.

Popcorn Lung,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

1nd3cEnt

Great question, very interested in the answers as well. Check out the following FC thread on Ardent's Nova:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/100-decarb-with-the-nova.20534/

The few reviews I have read on FC & various subreddits (r/vaporents, etc) about the Levo 2 are contradictory. My overall anecdotal impression is that the Nova is superior for decarboxilation, but the Levo 2 is superior for lipid infusion, particularly when using the infusion hack. The Nova apparently uses a selection of temperatures to decarb. Both devices have had issues with QC.

I believe that a $30 coupon/code exists for the Nova, & the price of the Levo 2 has been reduced to $250.

The main reasons for using these devices are ease of use, more productive decarboxilation, & a substantial reduction of smell. Note I have not used either one.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I have a Nova. I like it. I use it more to decarb resin for oral consumption, along with legally purchased concentrates. After decarb, If I combine with Everclear (95%) for a tincture, I don't add sunflower lecithin. If I combine with MCT oil or other fat, I first add an equal amount of sunflower lecithin , mix well, and then add the fat and combine well. If there is a better way, let me know. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

sickmanfraud

I have a Nova. I like it. I use it more to decarb resin for oral consumption, along with legally purchased concentrates. After decarb, If I combine with Everclear (95%) for a tincture, I don't add sunflower lecithin. If I combine with MCT oil or other fat, I first add an equal amount of sunflower lecithin , mix well, and then add the fat and combine well. If there is a better way, let me know. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

I believe your ratio of lecithin to oil is too high! I have seen 1 to 6 as a useful ratio (1 tsp per ounce of oil.)

I have a Nova and I like it very much.

Pagliachi

I believe your ratio of lecithin to oil is too high! I have seen 1 to 6 as a useful ratio (1 tsp per ounce of oil.)

I have a Nova and I like it very much.
I have a nova and love it. Makes it easy to Decarb in a full house. I do Tsp lecithin to one cup liquid for my gummies.

sickmanfraud

If I combine with MCT oil or other fat, I first add an equal amount of sunflower lecithin , mix well, and then add the fat and combine well. If there is a better way, let me know. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

I am sorry, I don't understand. Are you saying you use a 1:1 ratio of lecithin to MCT oil?

sickmanfraud,
Top Bottom