Leviathan Pipes (inexpensive American Glass)

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
So again, where can you see/order the pieces from? I've checked FB and looked for a website. Is it just a contact the seller and he emails you a list kind of thing?

You can message me directly but for right now we cannot accept any new orders for 2 weeks

Takavor23,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Got the lil'Mona and she's a beauty!! Very well made, has a nice weight to it, supports the Cloud+buddy well, has a pretty smooth draw, but does have a bit of rumble to it as well. Definite power behind the draw on this one, and when you clear, it shotgun's it pretty fast. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this piece! :D

I find the neck at a very good angle and height for desk top/table use. Perfect height for my set up.

Here's a quick vid...

bj2bDe1.jpg

LItlvAY.jpg

QvnklPg.jpg

Hu8AyHo.jpg

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
M&M Tech Big Mona Review

I'm obviously going to repeat some things, as I've dropped impressions of the piece, over the last week. So please just slog thru what you've seen. Plus, it puts it together in one post.

Measurements
Height: 17 1/2"
Height of joint: 6 1/4"
Height to top of can/perc chamber: 9"
Base width: 4 1/2", 10mm thick.
Joint: 18mm
Can/Perc tubing: 55mm
MP/upper tube: 30mm
Distance from center of joint/slide to outer wall of tube: 1 1/8"
Approximate width of the perc: 35mm
Width of flare on MP: 45mm

Build Quality
As usual... built like a tank. M&M Tech has in my experience always made HQ pieces, built to last. It took me, dropping an 18mm annealed stopper on the joint of my big tube, to even scar it. Took out a 1/4" chunk of glass on top of the joint... but mostly cosmetic. I'll have Lev fix it.

Back to the Big Mona, exceptional quality as usual. A few small bubbles in the glass, but as is the norm, fewer than I've seen on other HQ glass. I had to start looking for them, before I noticed any. This has been my experience with all M&M Tech glass.

For whatever reason, they decided to put a 10mm thick base on these. Now, that's not a complaint. It gives the piece an even more rugged feel and is PLANTED, when you set it down. I'm curious how much weight both the tube and the bubbler can hold. I think its a noticeable mark of being a M&M Tech and speaks to the quality and attention to things like that.

Thick, solid bracing on the stemless.

The glass is smooth, clear and solid, evidence of excellent work on the anneal. The lines a bit more rounded than with previous pieces. A truly stunning piece to gaze at.

Tube in Use
This is where I was really confused what to write. As noted previously, my first impression was, "Wow! Pretty! I love it!" Mickey Mouse'd a hookup for my MFLB and it was effective. Playing with the bubbles, of course adds to quite a while of fun.

Then I got the piece home. Grabbed my HI, turbo tubes and herb. Filled it with water and was disappointed as Hell. A thick, milkshake, with a strawberry/banana stuck in the @#$%ing straw draw. Over and over I tried. Same once again. How was I going to break this to Lev? "Hey man... new piece looks great, sucks shit!"? (though, I do think I sent something along those line. lol!)

I tried a dab. Whoa! Hold on here a second. Perhaps I'm was being too hasty. Grabbed my shorty whip and MFLB. Ugh... failure again. What the Hell was I doing wrong?

After the cobwebs cleared and especially with grabbing the MFLB, airflow, grind... all those things I'm constantly preaching to people, I wasn't even giving a second thought to. One of the first things I experienced with my HI, was that MFLB grind herb DOES NOT WORK WELL, in it.

This piece is ALL about airflow. If you have good airflow through your vape/herb, this tube will perform/provide a pleasant experience. Choke it up and you will be cursing it. Now that pretty much holds true for any vape or glass. The difference is, with other setups it feels like a vape issue... with this, its most definitely the perc/tubing. There's only about 20mm difference between the width of the perc and width of the tube. Subtract the thickness of glass... tight fit. So its imperative that you have a vape with good free airflow.

I can't stress that enough. If you have a vape with a restricted draw, such as the Pax... you will be very unhappy with this piece, IMO.

I can't speak for the bubbler, obviously. I had previously said, that if this was going to be your first, or only piece... you might want to look at one of the other options. I kind of take that back. My reasoning is simple. I walked into this, with a pretty wide-ranging experience, with different glass. While I thought that gave me a better perspective, it actually kind of tainted it. I had already made up my mind about a lot of things. This piece threw a wrench in that.

So I started playing around with the things. I had become set in my ways, following the same routine and quite honestly had taken on some lazy habits... mostly in regards to my grind. This opened things up and removed that damn milkshake draw.

Chug and Glug
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I think I'm part of the problem, in trying to define a term, most of us relate to a negative aspect of a water pipe. There's no denying my favorite piece, the M&M Tech Lattice, experiences "chug". So does my little HVY tube. So does my little SSFG inline. My Dirty Rico, is probably the smoothest draw I have... and while I love the piece, it isn't my favorite. Both the Lattice and the HVY get more use. I'm not implying the HVY is better, btw. Not even close. It just fits its niche (as my quick to grab, quick hitter).

Then there's "glug". I used to have a big beaker, that I named Chugs. Thinking back, Glug would have been better. Chug, just motors along. You'll feel a rumble in your piece while its percing along. Glug, is unpleasant, little perc and harsh.

Yes, the tube and apparently the bubbler, both have "chug"...

Water Level
As I've found with the Lattice, this does allow for tweaking of water levels, for a different experience. My initial (bad) experience was with a water level set about 1/4" above the level of the perc (per Lev's hasty finger pointing). As the draw felt heavy (mostly due that grind)... I started by dropping the water down to what I considered an acceptable level of perc and stacking.

This is the water level I used for the most of the week and for my current videos.
20130210_122124_zpsae553511.jpg

I've currently raised it just barely over the top of the perc. Pull doesn't feel any heavier, but the perc action cleans up a bit. Stackage easily to the top of the tube. I'll probably stick with these two levels. I already know I don't like it higher, nor lower. It does give you about 1/4" to play with though, with noticeable tweaking to the experience.

The Wrap-Up
So WTF does all this say about the Big Mona. All of it adds up to that Muscle Car analogy. Its like a blast from the past, with modern updates/upgrades. You feel like you're literally driving this big piece of glass... foot on the pedal, you can just feel the power waiting to be unleashed as it "chugs" along. Then you hammer down on the pedal, pull that slide, tube, whip... whatever... the Supercharger kicks in and in one blast of air, it feels like vapor is pushed to the deepest recesses of your lungs. Not like a bursting feeling... just a very thorough and complete pull. You can watch the videos for yourself... the clear is just insane. Not for the faint/weak at heart.

I don't know why, other than my visual working of the clear... explains the phenomenal ability of this piece to medicate. Typically, I would suck down a couple tubes with the HI. I'm down to one with this piece. That's impressive. In fact, this entire week I've cut my usage in half.

Also, as I showed in my last video, the piece can successfully and quite impressively, milk the MFLB. Prime it for 5 seconds (battery held in), start a slow steady draw and she will serve you well.

As they're part of the review, wrap-up with the videos.

Oh yeah... a final note. Big Mona holds flavor better than most. Especially through almost an entire load. This was one feature of the piece, that completely caught me off guard. I've been tasting flavors in my herb that I don't even get off direct draw. A truly fun experience.

wonderfox

Nice review, DBV. The mona is a really nice piece! How does the airflow compare to the lattice?

wonderfox,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Nice review, DBV. The mona is a really nice piece! How does the airflow compare to the lattice?

Sorry, for the delay. I pulled out the Lattice and sat there for a good 10-15 minutes pulling on them. Trying a couple quick vapor hits... not what I expected.

By itself, the Big Mona, feels like its got a lot more drag. Side-by-side, its really hard to notice. You'll notice it on that initial pull, as the Lattice is just wide-open with the massive perc... but once they're going, they both just churn along.

Though, they are definitely two very distinctive pulls. The clear on the Big Mona is much more intense. In one big WHOOOSH.

However, I came up with the PERFECT analogy. Muscle car is good, but I don't think the analogy works for the Lattice, with other 4 wheels.

So and I believe this fits PERFECTLY.

Big Mona
fat-boy-harley_zps9742dbfe.jpg

Lattice
2013-yamaha-yzf-r1-00_zps0375f85b.jpg

Personally, I love 'em both.

And who the Hell, is this DBV and BVD guy, I keep seeing mentioned?

wonderfox

Sorry, for the delay. I pulled out the Lattice and sat there for a good 10-15 minutes pulling on them. Trying a couple quick vapor hits... not what I expected..

Thanks for the great comparison! I also have no idea about bikes but I can see what you're getting at. Sounds to me like the big mona takes a little more work and practice but once you get it, it's worth every second. And the lattice is more functional getting you from A to B quicker and easier but without the more satisfying clear (though I must add still very satisfying).

And who the Hell, is this DBV and BVD guy, I keep seeing mentioned?
Oops sorry BDV! Been reading the Da Buddha thread too much for my own good.. You can call me fonderwox if you wanna get even?

wonderfox,

xer0

UPS delivered the lattice yesterday. Its kind of fitting that I received it on Valentine's Day because I am in love. :love:

Wide open is definitely the best way to describe the pull on this piece. I actually like a bit of "chug" so I am using a high water level and it still isn't near as bad as my little Chinese beaker.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
This should be fun.

Let's have a superhero analogy.

Sorry... literally passed out around that time. Sleep schedule.. ugh. Mine has a tendency to totally flip, every 6 months or so.

Good question, as I used to be a HUGE collector. Have 1500-2000 books at my dad's in St Louis. Last I checked, its worth well into six-figures. Lot of X-Men straight runs (almost entire #94 - #300, which includes 1st Alpha Flight, Rogue, Bishop... ugh lots). Have 47-49 FF (first appearance of Silver Surfer), a lot of limited release covers (all of them). I need to have the damn thing appraised and insured. Got too expensive. I was spending $35 minimum in the mid-80s.

Anyways. Hmm. I think a good analogy would be (and I don't even have to leave Marvel and ONE image)

Big Mona (L), Lattice (R)
1333857644_juggernaut_zpsc6289636.jpg

Oops....

Thanks for the great comparison! I also have no idea about bikes but I can see what you're getting at. Sounds to me like the big mona takes a little more work and practice but once you get it, it's worth every second. And the lattice is more functional getting you from A to B quicker and easier but without the more satisfying clear (though I must add still very satisfying).

Umm, no. Not that easy. Big Mona will get you to where you want to be FASTER. She'll wallop you upside the head with it. They are two entirely different beasts, really. Love them both. I think if you like larger pieces, you will like Big Mona. She definitely feels big.

Does that mean
Showerhead Bub with Removable mouthpiece

:lol:

I SWEAR I was looking for a different image to reply, and stumbled onto this...

538236_370742389652708_1968685176_n.jpg

Yeah, something like that. ;)

that herb guy

Big Mona (L), Lattice (R)
1333857644_juggernaut_zpsc6289636.jpg

:clap: That, I understood.

Umm, no. Not that easy. Big Mona will get you to where you want to be FASTER. She'll wallop you upside the head with it. They are two entirely different beasts, really. Love them both. I think if you like larger pieces, you will like Big Mona. She definitely feels big.

Got it. I'm still working daily with a small black leaf piece while sorting out some financials but I've been lurking this thread pretty hard. First I need a replacement for the daily, not just getting walloped - sounds like that would be the lattice. Nothing wrong with occasionally getting trucked over by a stem... but not on a work day LOL. I'm more comfortable with larger pieces and wanting higher diffusion because it's been a fairly recent conversion from smoking, I'm going to have to try vaping from the big boy tube again and see if I can get some milk now that I've finally got the hang of things. Still can't believe you milked the megatube with a fucking LB lmao. Smaller has just been easier to work with thus far.

I'm waiting to see a colored (black?:cool:) gridded wrap around section on that crystal ice perc. I think that would look trippy as sh*t.

Edit: Oh yeah, glass collection AND sweet comic collection? Not bad sir, not bad.
:mmmm:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I think the Lattice is a fine choice, certainly a daily driver and is, IMO versatile enough to switch things up changing water levels.

EDIT: Oops... I knew some of that info was wrong. Rogue was Avengers Annual #10. I have that to.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
This one's for you Lev. Hope you appreciate it, you never take me anywhere, you selfish b...

Never mind. Enjoy. ;)

BLOW IT UP BIG! HD!

Oh and Audi! Time to catch some ZzZZZzzZzZZzzzz...

P.S. Thanks motg ;)

EDIT: Reload... its unlocked.

Top Bottom