• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Leviathan Pipes (inexpensive American Glass)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'll try to do a bent-neck, flared mouthpiece. Obviously that includes a larger downtube. I'LL try adding smaller, more subdued version of their existing logo.

I think the larger downtube wil be more appropriate to. The previous one was the easiest downtube/dewarr combo adequate at the time.

BigDaddyVapor,

sessnet

Noob Saibot

I like where you are going!

If you want to sketch something, I can bust out a 3D model of it. Or just make a 3d version of your current sketch.

A 3d model is a little easier since you can adjust the thickness of things and stuff without pixel-pushing. Plus you can have every view imaginable (imagine looking from the inside out).

What do you think?

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I like where you are going!

If you want to sketch something, I can bust out a 3D model of it. Or just make a 3d version of your current sketch.

A 3d model is a little easier since you can adjust the thickness of things and stuff without pixel-pushing. Plus you can have every view imaginable (imagine looking from the inside out).

What do you think?

That's as 3D as I get. A perspective shadow after masking the bubbler. :)

I'll see what I can do. This is good practice for the prank photos I do on friends. Oh wait... I don't EVER prank friends.

BigDaddyVapor,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
That's as 3D as I get. A perspective shadow after masking the bubbler. :)

I'll see what I can do. This is good practice for the prank photos I do on friends. Oh wait... I don't EVER prank friends.

I'm talking about me. I would like to help out by creating an actual 3D model. Based off your (or anyones) rough sketch.

I have been using 3D software for 18+ years, so it would be easy as pie for me.

I don't know enough about the physics and function of a bubbler to imagine my own, but I would be willing to visualize anyone else crazy (or not crazy) ideas.

placetime

At 50 dollars a piece the glassware would not be able to have too much glass/details. The cost of glass/labor make creating a 50 dollar piece with a perc impossible to create. 100 seems to be a nice average. I can produce a cheap piece of glass for 50 bucks, but I refuse to put my name on a shotty product.

I hear ya. I hope I didn't offend/insult--I'm just ignorant about the business of making quality glass. Cheap crappy glass is easier to find than a high quality inexpensive bubbler. It's exciting to have another glassblower on FC working with the members to design a good affordable bubbler. :tup:

Give me some more ideas and soon we will be looking at a custom FC User made Bubbler.
:rockon: :popcorn:

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
No offense taken. Fellas let me get my proto pictures up before any editing occurs. I am going off your first designs still lol. Labels can come after. My Only issue is since we are a new company we would like our name on the product. After a while we can do a signature.

Takavor23,
Reactions: placetime

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, as far as the label goes, I have nothing against blowers wanting their logo on the tube. I understand it, but for me, it's a deal breaker if it's too big and flashy. Thats just me, though. I also don't like worked pieces where most people do. For example, I would never buy Roor. I would never buy Vertigo and probably not Sheldon Black. They are all nice glass, but I hate the logo. As for labels, I like most Toro (black script only) , möbius, Migrant, Medicali.

Again, I'm just weird like that. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. It's a great idea - market inexpensive, quality glass to FC!

Tstat,

collegerower

I am really excited to see some budget pieces comping out, but am a little sad they will be around the $100 mark. As you can see from this thread there are a lot of options for a little $100 pipe. I understand that the quality behind some of these pieces might be lacking but I was hoping that Leviathan would stand out as a quality budget option. Everyone has a different definition of budget and maybe mine is a bit lower than it should be.

Also compared to the ~$130-$200 cost of Leviathans full sized pipes, $100 for a smaller bub seems a bit expensive to me.

But maybe I just need to understand that quality glass is going to cost around $100 at a minimum.

Either way I am still excited to hear a glassblower working with members here!

collegerower,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
If its as high a quality as it looks, IMO, if the leviathan bub comes out at $100, It'll be one of the better value pieces on the market... Especially the dual function model (if that ends up happening)
It would almost certainly be something I'd suggest to anyone looking to get a nice intro piece on a budget.

Frederick McGuire,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i think a sand blasted logo is perfect. doesn't just completely offset the artistry of the bubb. im not sure how difficult glass blowing is but if you could include a unique type of diffusion like showerhead(s), discs, mini waffles? but i can totally understand if the cost/benefits don't work out with an idea like that.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

dannkk

Is it sad that I'm hoping I break the piece I just bought a month ago so I have a reason to buy something from these guys?

dannkk,
Very cool design, but I think the user's face is going to be quite close to the various hot-as-hell vaping apparatus. I think a mouthpiece extending farther away from the glass joint would be a good idea, you don't want to be staring your Cloud or Vriptech in the face while you hit it.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: OKcomputer

hogleg

How about some steamrollers

292.jpg

the roor and sb are both $200 + and there is not much to them

hogleg,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
$200 for that is just stupid IMO.
They look like test tubes with a gong joint slapped on them... (and that little downstemmy bit under the joint)
And they are dry pieces too if I'm not mistaken?
I struggle to see any value to those pieces...

(not saying Leviathan shouldn't think about making them, they'd probably sell :lol:, but to me, wheres the value? :shrug:)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Haha. Don't worry about it dannkk. I have 2 cheapo bubblers, sitting next to my MiO. They haven't jumped off the closet shelf yet. Though, I do keep my 2 beakers, below the sink. I don't know how they would take the competition.

*Too bad no one has posted yet. I really don't want to waste the unveiling of The Unofficial OK Dude with GIMP Graphics Bubbler Prototype Number THREE!!! on an edit.

The one you've all (well, mostly me) have been waiting for. Increased vapor volume with an expanded perc chamber, plus a larger/wide downtube and flared mouthpiece AND A LOGO. Sigh... and we wait.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Oh hey! Someone, finally. You know how damn long, I've been sitting on this. The longer I look at it, the more I wish I had changed something, or put more effort into making it look more "fused". However, I hope it gets the general idea across. Maybe, I'll look for a more Mobius-type Dewarr. I prefer their, flatter/wider head.

Ladies and Germs... I present to you, The Unofficial OK Dude with GIMP Graphics Bubbler Prototype Number THREE!!!

leviathanbubblerfinal.jpg

As you can see. This prototype has an enlarged chamber, as I think Leviathan's present a more hefty and strong image. I would like to go a bit wider and probably will, with Prototype Four, or whenever those guys tell me to stop it, they don't like my stuff and to piss off. :D Also, we have a solid and grip worthy down tube, with worked/flared mouthpiece. The Leviathan logo, while a bit hard to see, would stand out, sandblasted and a realistic representation of the glass/logo combo. Note, that this is a side view... so the logo would be on the side (at 3 o'clock). Perhaps it could be moved a bit more towards the front, but I like the off-center look. Gives pieces a unique look, IMO.

Again, with the exception of the edits to the width, Dewarr and flared downtube... these are ALL Leviathan parts/graphics. I have plans, to take this look a bit further and try adopting the serpent to a much wider and rounded/squared look, towards Mobius... as I think Leviathan has a similar style. Plus, with the size of that downtube, I think you need a little more volume for the increased airflow.

Nice tweaking BDV, I agree on making it a bit wider, maybe a little shorter. I also like the idea of the logo sandblasted on the base, however it's not a big deal on the can as well. Your current design reminds me of a Syn kettle bubbler.

hogleg

$200 for that is just stupid IMO.
They look like test tubes with a gong joint slapped on them... (and that little downstemmy bit under the joint)
And they are dry pieces too if I'm not mistaken?
I struggle to see any value to those pieces...

(not saying Leviathan shouldn't think about making them, they'd probably sell :lol:, but to me, wheres the value? :shrug:)

I choose my steamroller over water pieces most the time. Do you ever use your pieces dry? I always feel like the water is stealing something I mean if everything is organically grown and cured there is no need for water. The prices are ridiculous though I have a copy of one of these and it was over $100.

hogleg,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I never feel like the water is stealing anything from me.
It's quite the opposite, I feel like the water allows me to much more easily enjoy the vapor I'm getting, without my lungs sending signals to my brain that they would like to explode:uhoh:

That's part of what got me switched to vapor, was how much gentler it was on my lungs.

A few months after I fully switched to 100% vapeing (which was within a week of getting my SSV :lol:) I tried combustion again, and I had a pain in my lungs until the next day :(

I also guess I just enjoy the water piece ritual - as its always been my main method of consuming MJ.
When I used to combust, it was always through a rubber grommet style bong.

I can see the benefit of a steam roller in the collection, as another major plus of water pieces IME is that you can see how thick the vapor is, and judge your hit off that. Its just the $200 price point is ridiculous to me...I guess you could say it helps to fund their other, more interesting pieces, but it just seems like a ripoff to me:shrug: I honestly wouldn't want to pay more than $50 for a well made one... Even then :/

You could get a Leviathan Titan for the same price as one of those steam rollers...:hmm:

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Ladies and Germs... I present to you, The Unofficial OK Dude with GIMP Graphics Bubbler Prototype Number THREE!!!

leviathanbubblerfinal.jpg
Hahaha, looks an awful lot like the Black Leaf I bought, just with a showerhead instead, and a Leviathan logo
;
us_445.jpg

It needs to be a narrower bore mouthpiece tube though- i think it''s 38mm, which is a bit much for my preference. I'd prefer a thinner tube with more of a flared mouthpiece at the end (which adds cost).

WatTyler,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
OMG! You people are worse than my wife! ;)

That was one of the things I was fretting over, WT... while waiting to post. In addition, the can/chamber size and shape is bugging me to. I have another Leviathan perc chamber, I'm going to use.

BigDaddyVapor,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
actually that bubbler looks exactly like what im looking for. REALLY looking forward to seeing this made, where are you located by the way?

Xchadb,
Top Bottom