• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Leviathan Pipes (inexpensive American Glass)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
OK... I expect to see a real one... later today. ;)

Pardon the Mickey Mouse looking Dewarr. Got tired of f'ing with it. You get the point. :D

leviathanbubbler.jpg

I also think you would have to move the shower perc down about a 1/4", 3/8"? You would be loved the glass world over, for this beauty. For the side view, similar to what sessnet posted, with the mouthpiece, mouthpiece arm and mouthpiece joint.

P.S. I expect a freebie, for my design. LOL!

EDIT AGAIN: I would love Frederick's input on height of the showerhead. I'm fascinated when he talks of stacking bubbles... its truly an art for him. I get it and search for it now to. Also, the more I look at this, the more I really like it. Plus, it still looks like a Leviathan.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, so far as showerhead placement goes, close to the bottom of the can, maybe 1-2cm from the bottom (can be less depending on how big the showerhead itself is) is what I would think the best placement would be.

You want a little bit of water at the bottom, but anything not stacking seems to basically just sit there.
I don't know if it adds to the smoothness of the hit though :shrug:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Damn metric system people. If my eye is good enough. I believe dropping it down 1/4" would put it about 1-2cm above the bottom, in my rendering.

BigDaddyVapor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
haha, sorry.
2.54cm to an inch so 1-2cm is approx 0.5-1 Inch
(I normally try to convert it before posting a measurement in metric, it seems to blow your american minds :lol:)

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: sessnet

NewSchoolExplorer

Another thing to consider is the amount of water, the more additional water keeps vapor cooler longer (takes more energy to change the temp of a greater volume of liquid, that why I like the hollow based bubblers like the mobious matrix and LW15 arm are great bc it doesnt add more ontop of the level of diffusion (where the perc slits/holes/etc are but below it to just stay cooler longer without adding drag), also if your combusting the flavor does not get altered as much by the ash. I personally have been mostly vaping 90% of the time and occasionally combust with friends and such. I dislike the harshness of smoking and the ash and taste thats what got me to vaping.

i hope I can get a sneak peak of the prototype soon :D

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: sessnet

placetime

Wow! This thread is getting exciting! I feel certain that there are many many FC lurkers closely following this thread along with the "cheap bubblers" thread. I agree with what others seem to be saying about preferences. The pics/info from sessnet and BDV and Frederick are particularly interesting, imho. Here's my input on this bubbler idea (in no particular order):

- standard GonG joint - ease of compatibility
- small - only minimal filtration/cooling needed for vapor; easy to stash/store; lower cost; I'm thinking maybe less than 8" in height? maybe even shorter?
- boro - durability (but maybe we're all just assuming no soft glass?)
- clear/non-worked - this is all about good functionality at low cost, not pretty colors, right? (not dissing worked stuff--just a different category, imo); also, personally, in general, I find the "art" of well-designed, clear, scientific glass to be preferable to pretty colors, but that's purely just my subjective opinion
- showerhead - more durable than trees, right? but, I'm personally not qualified to judge how the different types of percs function
- dewaar - looks cool (unless it adds $ to cost--does it?)
- inexpensive - the $100 mark is a good one. *But*, I wonder if it's possible to get down to the $50 level for this? I believe that if you could hit below $50, you wouldn't be able to keep up with demand. I'm no glassblower, though, so I have no idea about the time and costs that go into such a thing, even if it's very small

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
At 50 dollars a piece the glassware would not be able to have too much glass/details. The cost of glass/labor make creating a 50 dollar piece with a perc impossible to create. 100 seems to be a nice average. I can produce a cheap piece of glass for 50 bucks, but I refuse to put my name on a shotty product.

Secondly Guys keep in mind water levels, drag (most importantly) and normal use as well as looks. BigDaddy your design looks great but not likely possible with that sized perc and that small a chamber. I will be testing different heights. I do love the bottom style tho for when were all drunk and put the piece down too rough. My Straight shots already are created with similar durable pieces.

I am going for a flared mouth, both attached and detached and a thick disk base. The detachable will be fitted on both ends for durability. The base looks great. For other comments I like the grip placement at the adjoining part of the mouth piece for a thumb for a casual carry. Give me some more ideas and soon we will be looking at a custom FC User made Bubbler.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
At 50 dollars a piece the glassware would not be able to have too much glass/details. The cost of glass/labor make creating a 50 dollar piece with a perc impossible to create. 100 seems to be a nice average. I can produce a cheap piece of glass for 50 bucks, but I refuse to put my name on a shotty product.

Good man. Can't say I disagree and asking $100 for a handmade piece of functional art... is a HELL of a deal.

Secondly Guys keep in mind water levels, drag (most importantly) and normal use as well as looks. BigDaddy your design looks great but not likely possible with that sized perc and that small a chamber. I will be testing different heights. I do love the bottom style tho for when were all drunk and put the piece down too rough. My Straight shots already are created with similar durable pieces.

Hey... that rendering, is ALL your parts, except the pitiful attempt of a dewarr, which I think I stole from a Black Leaf. I just cut, pasted, sized and blended. :D

I'm getting ready to do another one. This time, hopefully a side view.

I am going for a flared mouth, both attached and detached and a thick disk base. The detachable will be fitted on both ends for durability. The base looks great. For other comments I like the grip placement at the adjoining part of the mouth piece for a thumb for a casual carry. Give me some more ideas and soon we will be looking at a custom FC User made Bubbler.

I'm going to try and add something sessnet specifically pointed out. See how it looks and it would be very functional for both carry and use grip.

EDIT: Wait... gonna go medicate first. :D

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Give me some more ideas and soon we will be looking at a custom FC User made Bubbler.

Stacking bubblers like a mfer!

529697_136558426477327_100003695100982_152832_1533886944_n.jpg

That is a David Goldstein fritted disc.

Kush scientific glass puckline:

530377_127291097404060_100003695100982_123196_544619158_n.jpg

I know those are tubes but I had a hard time finding a pic of the Mobius Bubblers which stack pretty dam nice.

And now.....I'm sort of all out of ideas since that one bubbler I posted a page back has most of the features I like.

A detachable mouthpiece is awesome because it would make a smaller profile bubbler when taken apart, but I would not want that at the cost of strength and durability.

There's a few glass freaks on here with an overflowing collection of bubblers - I hope they can chime in!

If not - will have to prod some of them this way :tup:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Drumroll please! The Unofficial OK Dude with GIMP Graphics Bubbler Prototype Number Two!!!

leviathanbubblernew.jpg

Muahahahahaha!

Again... all Leviathan parts, with the exception of the Dewarr and mouthpiece. Extended the upper perc chamber from the straight tube, moved it to the base, blended...bumped it up an 1 1/2" - 2".

Later today, I will try to make a flared, worked mouthpiece.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Ok, I just skimmed through this thread and see that Lev is going to be making some affordable stuff. I am ALL for that! I also see people giving opinions as to what they like, etc - so...

I would be all over these affordable pieces, but only if they don't have that logo! Any way you could make some without the logo, or maybe something understated like Mobius does?

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Ok, I just skimmed through this thread and see that Lev is going to be making some affordable stuff. I am ALL for that! I also see people giving opinions as to what they like, etc - so...

I would be all over these affordable pieces, but only if they don't have that logo! Any way you could make some without the logo, or maybe something understated like Mobius does?

They are already making it super afforable to buy and use, AND high quality, I personally don't care if the logo was in flashing neon lights ,with a cookoo bird that popped out! :ko:

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Personally, I prefer the smaller less noticeable labels as well. Nice glass will advertise itself and doesn't need huge labels. When someone see's a Mobius or a Dirty Rico, they ask who made it. Quality glass advertises itself IMO, because people are drawn to it.

Gonzo,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Personally, I prefer the smaller less noticeable labels as well. Nice glass will advertise itself and doesn't need huge labels. When someone see's a Mobius or a Dirty Rico, they ask who made it. Quality glass advertises itself IMO.

I will totally agree with that!

EDIT: But not sure what the intentions are, so I'll take any logo, even if it's a temporary tatoo on my forehead :ko:

sessnet,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I believe that at least with a blower AND artist, you allow them their own creative license to some degree. That certainly covers identifying logos, IMO. Though as a business man, they are at leisure to allow for the omission. Maybe they could sell near mint/blems onto the market, unmarked. Personally, I like to see the artist signature on the flat bases to.

Edit: Oops... though asking for a subdued/smaller logo is reasonable to.

BigDaddyVapor,

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
Lol The Dragon only goes onto the Titan's and by special request it will not be going on the bubblers. Most Likely It will have Leviathan written across the bottom in smaller letters or through the middle going down. Remember my logo is sand blaster and does not kill the look of the glass like a vinyl sticker. Comments or suggestions?

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I love the look of sandblasting on a piece (and I rekkon the dragon looks pretty cool :tup:)
I personally think a dragon on the can with LEVIATHAN written across/around the foot would be cool.
Or maybe leviathan going vertically down the neck?

Frederick McGuire,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I believe that at least with a blower AND artist, you allow them their own creative license to some degree. That certainly covers identifying logos, IMO. Though as a business man, they are at leisure to allow for the omission. Maybe they could sell near mint/blems onto the market, unmarked. Personally, I like to see the artist signature on the flat bases to.

Edit: Oops... though asking for a subdued/smaller logo is reasonable to.

I also like the plain signature on the base as well. I have seen a few artists doing this recently.

@Takavor - IMO the large sandblasted looks still draws the eyes attention away from the quality of the glass. The logo is the first thing someone notices not the quality of the work. IMO, it should be the other way around. The quality of the piece should draw the buyer in and then have a less noticeable logo to mark the signature of the artist.

This is once again just my opinion and I only go into such detail because you asked the opinions of forum members. I really like the look of you pieces but the current size of them doesn't allow me to get one.

Drumroll please! The Unofficial OK Dude with GIMP Graphics Bubbler Prototype Number Two!!!

leviathanbubblernew.jpg

Muahahahahaha!

Again... all Leviathan parts, with the exception of the Dewarr and mouthpiece. Extended the upper perc chamber from the straight tube, moved it to the base, blended...bumped it up an 1 1/2" - 2".

Later today, I will try to make a flared, worked mouthpiece.

I like this, sans the mouthpiece.

Highly Blunted,
Reactions: Takavor23
Top Bottom