Let's talk about bathrobes.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I recently bought a light flannel bathrobe from Blair for about $10. Honestly, I am not very happy with it.
Maybe after a wash it will feel better but it's kind of not welcoming and it doesn't have a hang tag so I had to cut a hole in it so it will hang on my hook in the bathroom.
I figured a bathrobe is a bathrobe, here's one for ten dollars, it's cotton. It'll be fine.
Anyway the salient point, the query rather, is do you happen to have a bathrobe that you like alot and if so, where did you get it and do they have any more?

jeffp,

lwien

For me, bathrobes and pajamas kinda go hand in hand. Haven't used either since I moved out of my parents house and that was a loooooooong time ago. :brow:

lwien,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
when i'm in "bathrobe mode", which isn't often, i just grab my oversize hoodie -- i got a great one from Wearguard. But since the kid is gone, clothing is optional at this crib.

Hippie Dickie,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I can understand that, the association of pajamas and bathrobes stemming from childhood baths.
I don't think I've worn pajamas in several decades, it's just my thing anymore.
Although lounge pants are highly recommended apparel for the vaporist, but they are not pajamas.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hippie Dickie said:
when i'm in "bathrobe mode", which isn't often, i just grab my oversize hoodie -- i got a great one from Wearguard. But since the kid is gone, clothing is optional at this crib.
After a shower I like hanging around in a bathrobe, I think they are good things.

jeffp,

lwien

jeffp said:
After a shower I like hanging around in a bathrobe, I think they are good things.
So are comfy all cotton sweats. Kinda feels like flannel sheets. :)

lwien,

sour

I too have a bathrobe that I'm not very satisfied with. Mine feels a little too short despite the "one size fits all" tag. The sleeve openings barely reach my elbows. This is my first bathrobe and I was excited about it when I tore the christmas wrapping paper off of it. I thought "I've reached the point in life where I now wear bathrobes in the evening", a new level of sophistication and refinement. After putting it on and looking in the mirror I felt slightly creepy and awkward. Maybe a bigger size would be better but even then I feel like the material is too thick and stuffy. I need to find out what lounge pants are when they're appropriate because those sound like something I'd wear. I enjoy the few pairs of flannel pajama pants I have in varying thicknesses. I need to replace this bathrobe before I begin resembling Jeffrey Lebowski.

sour,

hub

My favorite robe is 100% bamboo. It's made by a company called Pure Fiber.

I prefer the 100% bamboo to other materials because it's very soft, sustainable, and also naturally anti-bacterial, so I don't feel bad that I'm not washing my robe on a daily basis.

The robe is very heavy and weighs a ton when it comes out of the washer. It takes a long time to dry.

I've given a couple of these as gifts, and they've all been well received.

Looks like Sears has them for $50 right now, which is a good sale price. They retail around $100.

hub,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
sour said:
I too have a bathrobe that I'm not very satisfied with. Mine feels a little too short despite the "one size fits all" tag. The sleeve openings barely reach my elbows. This is my first bathrobe and I was excited about it when I tore the christmas wrapping paper off of it. I thought "I've reached the point in life where I now wear bathrobes in the evening", a new level of sophistication and refinement. After putting it on and looking in the mirror I felt slightly creepy and awkward. Maybe a bigger size would be better but even then I feel like the material is too thick and stuffy. I need to find out what lounge pants are when they're appropriate because those sound like something I'd wear. I enjoy the few pairs of flannel pajama pants I have in varying thicknesses. I need to replace this bathrobe before I begin resembling Jeffrey Lebowski.
I think what you have is a "kimono" styled robe, rather than "full length."
Lounge pants are sort of like "dress pajamas" - a little more formal.
Bargainoutfitters sometimes has these on sale for $5.
I have a few pair that i keep in rotation as part of my vaping apparel system.

jeffp,

mnmlh

Bathrobes? Why not go all the way and sport a smoking jacket? Now that's luxury.

Hugh-Hefner-cc01.jpg

mnmlh,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
By definition it's not a vaporizing jacket. Remember the TV show "Playboy After Dark"? Hef would walk around his house puffing on his pipe, there was a hippie party with a rock band, and no matter what any guest would say, Hef would say, "I couldn't agree with you more."

jeffp,

mnmlh

He's learned the art of being a good host. It probably helps him get laid too.

As for a vaporizing jacket. That can be probably be arranged. :)

4qbe9.jpg

mnmlh,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I went to Marshall's on Queens Boulevard this afternoon looking for a bathrobe. Long story short, it was a washout.
I couldn't find any, I couldn't find a person who worked there who could give me accurate information as to where they were,
and even if I was able to find one, the line was at least 20 minutes just to pay and get out of there.

I called my friend while in the store and he said he doesn't wear bathrobes, he doesn't even HAVE a bathrobe; out of the shower he puts on boxer shorts.

Who knew?

20091028_124517_marshalls1_400.jpg

jeffp,

Ash

vaporist
I love my bath robe. I put it on to shave after I get out of the shower. Well, not in the summer, too hot then. It's green terry-cloth. Really heavy, full lenth with a hood. I've had it for 15 years. I think it's almost like the one Hawkeye wears in MASH only in green, not red.

Ash,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I shave in the shower or before a shower, depending on the extent of the shave.
Perhaps that area of discussion should merit its own thread.

jeffp,
Top Bottom