Legal Smokes; Tips & Recommendations

Genoxin

Hey guise; I know there's a huge descriptive thread about the legal herbs.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=174
But this is a thread thats more then just information on the individual herbs. I want this thread to be about tips about the plants & Recommendations; like whats a good starter smoke \ what mixes well.

Ill tell you guys what i already know.

1) It seems that all herbs are cheaper off of ebay.com instead of amazon. But local stores around you are the cheapest! Check all options before buying anything.
2) Places you can find plants \ tea of the plants in RL; Organic Stores, Trader Joes, Nutrition Stores, GNC (sometimes), Smoke Shops, Herbal Shops, & Head Shops.
3) It is cheaper to buy the plant material\matter instead of the live plant, unless your going to further continue growing the live plant.
2) You shouldnt order more then 2 oz for the first time your ordering the plant. Mostly because 2 oz is equal to 56 grams...a ton. It could be non-potent \ you might not enjoy it. So dont order large if you might not like it
3) If the product says 'cut and sifted' or 'C&S" that means its already grinded. This means its already ready to be made into tea \ ready to be put in a bowl.
4) Most plants are stronger in tea form then smoked. Just make sure the active ingredient is water soluble before making it into tea.
5) Try the herbs individually before combining them, so when you make your own mixture, you know what to put more of \ less of.
6) 'The Greens' mix and enhance most of the legal plants.
7) Use www.erowid.org to educate yourself about the plant.
8) Research anything & everything you smoke\make tea out of. Go threw experiences and try to avoid bad trips.
9) Make sure that the plant can be used often. Example; i was about to buy a large amount of kava kava to make tea every day in the morning. Found out its fine to use kava, but not too often as it damages your liver.
10) If its your first time using it; make sure you have enough time to enjoy it. Dont end up going to work \ school tripping hell because the herb is lasting longer then expected.
11) Get a sitter for first times; there are certain plants that'll send you to hell and back. Some potent plants can make you hallucinate. A plant called datura has pages of experiences [on erowid] where people werent able to make safe decisions; i.e. started drinking out of the toilet bowl or started eating soap. So try to get a sitter & and a safe setting.
12) Share the fun. If you enjoyed a certain plant; then bring it to the next time you and your friends hang out.
13) These plants are CHEAP! Holy crap they're cheap. Some plants go for $6 to the ounce.
14) Take these plants & your piece to the streets with your portable vape! Thats right, you can vape\smoke these plants in front of the cops but they cant do anything. Enjoy your trip.
15) This Tip should be noted as important; Try to find out the temperature at which the active ingredient boils at for your plant. Some plants CANNOT BE VAPORIZED, until the plant material starts burning. I found this page useful for a good amount of plants.
http://www.vaporinfo.com/vaporizing-temperatures.php
16) If your plants cant be vaped, accept the fact that they must be smoked.

Hope you guys enjoyed my mini basic tips. Please do contribute to the thread with what you already know. The more we know, the further we can explore.

May the Vape be with you, Always.
Genoxin

Genoxin,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Some of them do....but depending on which country you are in depends on if they are still legal or not. For example Spice.

Happycamper,

Genoxin

SpoiledByVolcano said:
Legal smokes= won't get you high.
Very incorrect.
Try salvia then tell me what.

Try Datura, then tell me that.
*Datura trip can last for 2 days, search it up on erowid.*

Happycamper said:
Some of them do....but depending on which country you are in depends on if they are still legal or not. For example Spice.
I wouldnt try spice too often, it seems like its all synthetic crap that could mess up your brain.
Unless your the type of guy who tries hardcore drugs...

But yeah, there are plenty of plants you can use to get 'high'.

Genoxin,

max

Out to lunch
bluntfaced said:
SpoiledByVolcano said:
Are you confusing this with legal marijuana that's grown with no THC?
I've never heard of marijuana intentionally grown with no THC. What would the point be? We already have hemp, which naturally has so little THC that it can't get you high.

max,

max

Out to lunch
bluntfaced said:
You've never seen those adds for legal dope in high times and stuff?
Sure, but those legal herbs are not cannabis.

max,

Genoxin

After smoking
*yes smoke, sorry guys, my vaporizers havent arrived yet*
3 densely packed heavy bowls of Damiana.
I felt very relaxed. The herb was very dry so I only had to light the bowl once, and it just kept going. Like the smoke just wouldnt stop pouring out and it was pushing out over 8 full-blasted hits each time and didnt go out.

I felt a little above normal. Its nothing like weed, but it was there. It was calming, it was like i just wanted
to hold onto a friend and just talk and open up. After reading up on Damiana, its supposed to increase your sex-drive, sex isnt a big desire for me, so i guess i went into cuddly mode instead of sex.

::Edit::
An hour after this I went and inhaled cannabinoids. It made me more relaxed, more calm. I would describe it as a very mental and muscle relaxant, does enhance the high by a bit.

Final Note: Damiana is a very cheap herb and can has a slight effect. It wouldnt hurt to get a small amount for yourself, and sometimes mix the two. Damiana on its own, is decent. But when mixed with THC molecules, is better.

Genoxin,

elijah.357

There are many legal "herbal blends" that will get you high...and contain no THC. Although no clinical studies have been conducted measuring the safety and tolerabilty of these substances...unlike marijuana.

That being said, there still remains a huge market for these "legal smokes". For instance, anyone who faces pre-employment or random drug testing...and still wants to toke up. I, myself, fall into this category.

The legal herbs merely replace THC with synthetic cannabinoids, like JWH-018 and such, and can produce an effect very similar to marijuana...perhaps even more intense.

Spice, Skunk, Smoke and various other manufacturers and raking in millions selling these products...which are quickly becoming illegal in many countries.

Just my :2c: on the subject?

elijah.357,

NathanBlades

Some legal smokes do work. The ones i tryed that are as good as weed are spice/skunk and salvia is more like a short LSD trip.

The problemis its just as or more expensive than the real stuff and way less convinent to me.
Salvia could be dangerus when i did it was a 40x extract :o Unlike LSD i had no clue the trip was not real, and tossed my friend out the door of his place, cause i thought the phsical reallity was collapsing :D Was funny thinking back on it , but by friend wasnt to happy at the time.

NathanBlades,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
max said:
bluntfaced said:
SpoiledByVolcano said:
I've never heard of marijuana intentionally grown with no THC. What would the point be? We already have hemp, which naturally has so little THC that it can't get you high.
There is a variety of marijuana called Ruderalis that is very low in THC and Cannabinoids. But the interesting thing about this plant is that it is autoflowering. Enter Dutch Genetics (I think thats the company, could be wrong) who stabilized and quantified some strains and then combined them with various THC laden plants to create autoflowering THC producers. Feminize the seeds and you have some nice strains which will flower and produce bud regardless of how much light they get, eliminating the need for timers, etc. Most varieties go from seed to harvest in 60 days. Low yield of 30-45g per plant.

The point is to create a low labour yield.

That having been said, it's not for everyone who grows.

Tom

tdavie,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I was into Salvia from June/2006-September/2006, and then the inevitable happened; I asked my GF to measure out about 1/40th gram from a 1 gram bag of 30X Salvia. She's weird with numbers. Near as I can figure out after the fact, she measured out slightly more than 1/4 gram. I was expecting about 25mg and got around 250mg, It was rather interesting, but not something I would want to do ever again. For about 30-40 minutes I did not exist.

I've never done acid, but if it is anything like Salvia, I wouldn't touch it.

Tom

tdavie,

Qbit

cannabanana
tdavie said:
I've never done acid, but if it is anything like Salvia, I wouldn't touch it.

Tom
Salvia is nothing like acid - salvia is like nothing else I've ever had.

Qbit,

kaleimud

Illiterate Baffoon
Salvia gave me a solid understanding of what it means to be a piece of furniture. (It's boring)

Synthetics like JWH are likely better vaporized in a Eratta-style vape because they tend to be very potent, and properly measuring the dose gets complex. Ideal would be to weigh out a specific (tiny) known amount then vape it with very high efficiency.

But gross, who needs that nastiness funking up our gear anyway.

kaleimud,

wthanna

To those of you that have tried Salvia.. if your like me, the first thing you thought (when you came down) was "This stuff is legal?" That is the wildest stuff I have ever tried... for a short period of time it is alot more of a trip than LSD. :o :uhoh: (this is legal and mj is not? ..crazy)

wthanna,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I think most "Legal Smokes" are more Unhealthy for you than herb. Who knows what the chemicals in them will do to you... I remember, a few weeks back, reading about how a bunch of kids (around 30) ended up in the hospital with respiratory problems from smoking K2.
I think a good chunk of the Legal Smokes have no research on what they actually do to your body. I would rather consume MJ, much safer IMO

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
We've had a lot of K2 issues around here too. High schoolers ending up at ER. An adult friend who tried it said he thought he was 'having the big one' and was ready to call 911. Fuck that! I've done LSD years ago and I wouldn't do it now. I like knowing what I'm doing, being in control.

For those that do choose to try, please be safe!! I've seen folks have bad trips and it ain't pretty!!!!

Lo,

scoobie-doobie

Sounds to me like some bright enterprising soul should come up with a genetic mutation of something that will produce THC. Anyone want to cross pollinate say... bamboo? After all, if we can decode DNA how hard could it be to make other plants produce THC?

scoobie-doobie,

evilferret

max said:
bluntfaced said:
SpoiledByVolcano said:
Hemp and marijuana (the smoking kind) are still in the same plant family.

Thats why our government had a hell of a time legalizing hemp production in the USA.

Only difference seems the potency, to be technically hemp it must have less than 1% THC in the US.

And why do they do this?

Because we can actually use hemp to make things? Hemp ropes (we always need more pirates), hemp oil/seeds, shampoo, and a ton of other pharma products for cheaper.

In modern times, industrial hemp has been used for industrial purposes including paper, textiles, biodegradable plastics, construction, health food, and fuel,[1] with modest commercial success.[2][3] In the past three years, commercial success of hemp food products has grown considerably.[4][5]
Hemp is one of the faster growing biomasses known,[6] producing up to 25 tonnes of dry matter per hectare per year,[7] and one of the earliest domesticated plants known.[8] For a crop, hemp is relatively environmentally friendly as it requires few pesticides[9] and no herbicides.[10]
* From wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

Basically it would kill a lot of companies if hemp became more widespread.

I had a stupid buddy buy hemp and try to smoke it. Not sure if he got high off the carcinogens or if he got any THC. With 1% you're going to need to smoke a lot to feel anything.

Note: Has anybody been using essentials oils when vaping? I'm thinking about trying those next.

Tried Saliva when it was still legal here. After a few dumasses OD'ed and killed themselves I barely see it anymore. Not sure if its still legal or not since I'm not a fan of Saliva.

But yes, when I tried Saliva I thought I was the Kool-Aid man and people were chasing me to drink me. Oh noooooooooooooooooooo!

scoobie-doobie said:
Sounds to me like some bright enterprising soul should come up with a genetic mutation of something that will produce THC. Anyone want to cross pollinate say... bamboo? After all, if we can decode DNA how hard could it be to make other plants produce THC?
I'm not sure what the point of creating a hybrid marijuana plant is? Stealth? If it has THC I'm sure the government will try to take control (like with hemp, it only has 1% but the gov't controls it).

Hoping for the day smokers unite actually votes for somebody who'll legalize.

evilferret,
Hi,
Sorry I won't bring anything new to this thread, but I would like some advice
I ain't getting bored with MJ, but I like new experience
Is there any legal herb that you would recommend to a newbie?
My main requirement in order
Safe, Low cost, and get me up there :lol:

Big Dick Baller,

kaleimud

Illiterate Baffoon
IMHO none meet your first criteria, safe. The purely natural smokes in smoke shops that actually WORK are the same bunch of inert plant nonsense as these "Legal Smoke" products have always been, except they have been treated with synthetic chemicals that mimic some of the characteristics of cannabinoids. To me personally they are a high comparable to sniffing glue or huffing isobutyl nitrite poppers like Locker Room and Rush.

I say again, gross, gimme old-fashioned flowers.

kaleimud,

exdmd

1 to 2 mg of JWH-018 taken orally will certainly get you high. The effect is very similar to a potent sativa. Does not show up on a drug scan and is legal for the time being. The problem with 018 is that it produces anxiety/paranoia in many people even at low doses.

With some simple lab equipment you can infuse 018 into a leaf base, like marshmallow or mint leaf, and create your own 'spice' blend. Just be careful with the dosage, start small and work your way up. If you take too much 018 you can expect a case of the 'fears' that could last an hour or so.

Personally I find 018 to be very interesting, at doses over 2 mg the effect starts becoming slightly psychedelic. Problem is the anxiety creeps in and ruins the fun, at least for me.

exdmd,
Top Bottom