Legal Bud

VaporKing

Sorry i know there is a thread out there about it but i looked and im too stoned to find it. :ko:

I am interested in legal bud. I was wondering what you guys thought. How did the effect differ from weed? What is the best choice?

VaporKing,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hey mate ... try this thread for starters - http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=326

I've known about the legals since early this year and have used them quite a bit since.

Firstly there are the legal buds - produced by International Oddities - A'Hia bud etc which are marketed a legal buds bud have no known phyco-active properties. That is - they look and smell ice but wont get you wasted.

The legal blends are not buds but a mixture of herbs and herbal extracts (often sprayed onto a carrier herb) known to have phyco-active properties and have been extracted and combined to produce a product that actually gives a very MJ like high when consumed.

There is still some discussion about these containing a undisclosed chemical which produces the high. Blend manufacturers have disputed this but some still don't declare what is the make-up of there products.

Anyway - heres my spin.

They are not MJ and will never be. They are a substitute that does get you stoned but generally lack one of the key components of MJ and thats euphoria. Thats not to say they are not euphoric because they are but for me at least the euphoria is only mild and drops off fast. They are also prone to tolerance build up which means you have to load up on more and more product which can get damn expensive. And as tolerances build the much enjoyed euphoria (or lack there of) becomes more apparent.

I have tried Spice gold and Diamond, Sense, Dream herb and the new kid on the block Aroma.

Many rave about sense and dream but I found them quite light and lacking any body stone. They do produce a nice headhigh and are somewhat trippy and are more euphoric than the Spice range but I want an all over effect and found these lacking in the body stone department. Both taste like a mixture of herbs went burnt or vaped ... and both were not that good for vapping - small thin hits.

Spice Gold and Diamond still pack the biggest punch IMO. Spice Gold is especially strong in the body stone department and lasts for a very long time. A great blend if you want to get monged out and coach locked. Diamond has a similar stone but provides a bit more headspace and lift (ala - sense and dream) so possibly has a stronger euphoric effect than gold but still maintaining the body high I enjoy and again lasts for a long time. They are also fluffier than the other blends and therefore seem to go further. But they have a very strong taste of vanilla which is sickly foul when vaped (for me at least). Spice vapes well though albeit at a slightly higher temp than MJ.

Aroma I tried for the first time last week and this was easiest the most euphoric blend for me. A very heady high, quite energetic too but also reasonably short acting. But of all the blends I have tried it vaped the best. At normal MJ vapping temps i was blowing bigger clouds than the best MJ I have ever vaped! Pity they tasted of cloves, but the hits were the most MJ like of all the blends. They even seemed to simulate the THC tickle and lung expansion - very impressive. Mixed with Spice Gold this was the closest to an MJ high I have achieved with out actually consuming the real deal.

Ok, now the bad new.

If you have high tolerances and or have been consuming MJ on a daily basis, switching straight to the legals might prove a little disappointing without a tolerance break. They will work ok and get you through until your next stash but they will fall short of what you'd expect from daily use of MJ.

BUT if you have been dry for a few days or longer you will find any of these blends quiet satisfying. My first experience with SG (Spice Gold) was after a 2 week enforced tolerance break and I bonged 4 bowls and I swear it nearly tore me a new arsehole! The first hour I was as high as fuck but I crashed after 2 hours from being too fucked up. I approached with caution after that and enjoyed the legals best when I'd smoke them only in the weekends.

A few weeks ago I purchased some SD (Spice Diamond) and had a session after work - no wake n bake but no tolerance break and the effects were disappointing. I tried the same with Spice GOld and Dream (on different) days with similar outcomes. Yes I did get high but due to a higher than normal MJ tolerance the legals effects were only mild. Aroma was the only one to make me stand back and go 'wooooooo' thats feels pretty good actually.

I'm happy to provide any other info I can on the legals, but can we now keep it contained in this thread. Any future threads or comments re-legal blends will be directed here.

vaporcloud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

VaporKing

thanks vc, i tried looking up aroma but was unsuccessful. did you use a apeecific website to order yours from? i noticed there were some "herbal buds" that said they were "ultra potent" and very strong. does this mean they will make me feel messed up? just trying to clarify their use of potency.

VaporKing,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
IMO never trust the adverts that claim legal herbs to be potent or very strong. Thats one thing Spice never did. They market it as an incense and never say that its potent or gets you high. It just releases a pleasing aroma went burnt ;)

does this mean they will make me feel messed up?
Again this is just my opinion but all the Spice-alike legal blends are trying for one thing. To mimick the effects of MJ. All of them will mess you up in that they will get you stoned and it will feel like an MJ stone, but only to a point. SOme poeple actually prefer the legal blend high to that of MJ because there is less paranoia. I disgree with this because I've been fucked up enough of Spice GOld to feel paranoid.

But I can see how some people might prefer Spice to MJ because the effects maybe not as intense or something I don't know.

Getting messed up on a legal = getting stoned
A legal that claims to be 'strong' = getting stoned

SW420 seem to be the best place for online purchases in the US. All there products are 'blends' and have a proven track record.

I'm in NZ and Aroma is only available here at headshops as its a NZ product. I'm sure SW420 will stock it at some stage.

hope that helps.

vaporcloud,

Vapinmofo

I don’t get it. Why not just grow a couple real cannabis plants? It can be done in a 5 gallon bucket.
Trusting some company to consistently make a product that you can use to catch a buzz sounds silly to me without knowing what chemicals you are consuming.

Vapinmofo

Vapinmofo,
Top Bottom