• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Law of diminishing returns

Megaton

Hi All!

I was wondering what everyone round here's thoughts were on the size of puffs it is worth taking, and if there is a diminishing return on the amount of thc one can absorb from a hit.

To put it another way- is one massive rip equal to two (or more) smaller rips?

It's on my mind as i can get huge hits from my Sticky Brick, but is it more efficient to take smaller sips?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hi All!

I was wondering what everyone round here's thoughts were on the size of puffs it is worth taking, and if there is a diminishing return on the amount of thc one can absorb from a hit.

To put it another way- is one massive rip equal to two (or more) smaller rips?

It's on my mind as i can get huge hits from my Sticky Brick, but is it more efficient to take smaller sips?
Dude?
10 sessions + /- sometimes way more is needed?
U might be challenged geograhically

Megaton

@ataxian haha i am most definitely geographically impaired!

@steama i get you, sometimes i want to blow a huge cloud, sometimes i just want to get high.

I have my little selection of vapes, so when i can settle in on a sesh ill use whatever will give me the experience i want at that time. But there are tools for the job hey?

The sticky brick is capable of giving me waaay huge hits, but as Ataxian puts it, im geographically challenged, so i wouldnt want to be wasting herb!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian haha i am most definitely geographically impaired!

@steama i get you, sometimes i want to blow a huge cloud, sometimes i just want to get high.

I have my little selection of vapes, so when i can settle in on a sesh ill use whatever will give me the experience i want at that time. But there are tools for the job hey?

The sticky brick is capable of giving me waaay huge hits, but as Ataxian puts it, im geographically challenged, so i wouldnt want to be wasting herb!
I kid!

If U have 2 micro doze use organic cotton to fill voids!

Megaton

@ataxian thanks for the tip! I have loads of the stuff from my ecig days!

I recently acquired some very strong bud after months of vaping (free) shake. Now i see why people use the different bowl sizes in the Ti dynavap tips! Im almost scared to hit a whole sticky brick bowl!

Vaporware

Degummed hemp fiber is also a good option, and a lot of people use concentrate pads to fill the extra space in various devices for micro-dosing.

I’ve also used little glass “screens” in the middle of the Ascent chamber which took up some space and also helped to heat up the center of the load. There are plenty of options for most vaporizers!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It depends on the person as well and how high their tolerance level is. I do what feels right for me. It may not be good for another person. It depends if you are using something that has a harder punch than another strain too. A higher temp makes a difference. There are a lot of variables IMO. Switching around vaporizers too can make a difference.

Do what works well for you. I like a session of about 10 min with my vaporizers.

Last edited:

Megaton

It's not so much a tolerance/ dosage thing, as much as a vaping style thing for sure.

I tend to vape quickly between netflix shows, my partner doesnt partake, so i tend not to have long sessions, so as to not keep her waiting.

So, if one massive hit off the sticky brick was like for like for say the same amount of herb used in a vapcap, then that would be preferable over a slightly longer session with more hits.

But the question is, at what point are we just wasting vapor due to saturating our lungs as it were?

szai

It's not so much a tolerance/ dosage thing, as much as a vaping style thing for sure.

I tend to vape quickly between netflix shows, my partner doesnt partake, so i tend not to have long sessions, so as to not keep her waiting.

So, if one massive hit off the sticky brick was like for like for say the same amount of herb used in a vapcap, then that would be preferable over a slightly longer session with more hits.

But the question is, at what point are we just wasting vapor due to saturating our lungs as it were?

I don't think we'll be able to be accurately guess for some time. I just don't think there's enough research.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have less than a year of experience vaping so take my advice or perspective with a gain of salt.

I tend to be partial to big rips for recreational effects at home. I tend to be just a little playful at seeing what kinda cloud I can chase comfortably (i.e. without coughing). That's my mindset as I use any of my three vapes (Omnivap, Solo II, and Fury 2) and I try to finesse them to give me the biggest rips I can comfortably handle.

In terms of effectiveness I've definitely learned that holding the draw for ten or even twenty seconds leads to a marked increase. Again, my goal tends to be how to play around with that and get the most out of the session without being uncomfortable or making anything less fun.

It's perhaps also worth noting that I'm an evening microdoser without any real tolerance by the standards of this forum so I max out at like one VC load.

It can be comforting to read advice from folks like this, but like Carol says it really depends on the person. My meta advice is just to be patient with yourself and try different things and see what you like best. For instance, you could explore the answer to your question by using the same amount of the same strain with the Sticky Brick and trying it one day with half a dozen small draws and the next day with two or three massive rips.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have less than a year of experience vaping so take my advice or perspective with a gain of salt.

I tend to be partial to big rips for recreational effects at home. I tend to be just a little playful at seeing what kinda cloud I can chase comfortably (i.e. without coughing). That's my mindset as I use any of my three vapes (Omnivap, Solo II, and Fury 2) and I try to finesse them to give me the biggest rips I can comfortably handle.

In terms of effectiveness I've definitely learned that holding the draw for ten or even twenty seconds leads to a marked increase. Again, my goal tends to be how to play around with that and get the most out of the session without being uncomfortable or making anything less fun.

It's perhaps also worth noting that I'm an evening microdoser without any real tolerance by the standards of this forum so I max out at like one VC load.

It can be comforting to read advice from folks like this, but like Carol says it really depends on the person. My meta advice is just to be patient with yourself and try different things and see what you like best. For instance, you could explore the answer to your question by using the same amount of the same strain with the Sticky Brick and trying it one day with half a dozen small draws and the next day with two or three massive rips.
I would love to Mirco Dose if i would not die!
Recreation was so fun back in da daz!

Unfortunately it helps my medical condition.
@CarolKing know's best.
@biohacker sorry 2 b a jerk at times?
Just bitter 2 get f$cked.

Cannabis help's!

Top Bottom