Laser Engraved VapCap Tips

blackstone

Just to save anyone else spending two or three nights frantically trying to locate/decide which artwork to choose....

These custom caps are off the menu for now according to Matt. A technical matter with the equipment is the cause.

For me now it's almost like being able to buy a luxury sports car, but with no grille or with normal steel wheels!
I blame this thread!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Just to save anyone else spending two or three nights frantically trying to locate/decide which artwork to choose....

These custom caps are off the menu for now according to Matt. A technical matter with the equipment is the cause.

For me now it's almost like being able to buy a luxury sports car, but with no grille or with normal steel wheels!
I blame this thread!

Thanks for letting us know bud, appreciate the heads up.

For sure. But first I have to wait for the other ones :\

2CC6EYl.jpg
;)
[/QUOTE]

I have too many designs and ideas I want to realise, that goes for caps, stems, custom stash's. Man the VapCap is all inspiring. Like you I've limited myself to a sequential purchase rhythm, I want to give myself the chance to enjoy each purchase rather than end up with a bulk delivery and too much to cope with all at once.

VanCough

Environmentalist

I blame this thread!

Is this definitely a temporary thing? Wondering if I should wait before ordering.

Are the cap engravings included in purchasing cost? Or do they cost more?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Is this definitely a temporary thing? Wondering if I should wait before ordering.

Are the cap engravings included in purchasing cost? Or do they cost more?

If it's a technical matter then I'd assume this is temporary until the technical matter is resolved.

I believe engravings now are $20, you add an additional Cap to your order but make it clear in the comments field that the second cap is to cover the cost of engraving the first cap. Don't forget to include the URL of the image you want them to use.

blackstone

They mentioned that it's laser issues. That they are planning to bring them back, but need to work some things out first and don't know when it might happen, or have no timeline for it.
Maybe they want to also structure it like @flotntoke suggested earlier, where they do only certain designs, or reduce the labor it consumes and keep it affordable maybe?

So I think for the foreseeable future it's blanks is all we can get!!?

It threw me this time as I had some things in mind and I'm trying to return to the idea of the blank cap on a lovely high end, personal VC. I'm getting there slowly!
We could still buy now and also buy a fancy cap when that becomes available..?
Look on the bright side, blank cap is cheaper for us!!?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
That's too bad to hear about the laser @blackstone, thanks for letting us know. I put in an order for a custom cap recently. Matt said my order made it just in time for the latest batch of caps. That was about a week and a half ago, I wonder if they were able to engrave mine before they started having trouble.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Here ya go bud,

2CC6EYl.jpg

Also, one for you SWars peeps:

tf_a.jpg

312226-200.png

The dark side of the star:

r52VdOm.jpg

Loving the caterpillar and especially the TIE Fighter, though I'm more of a rebel alliance guy myself.

I blame this thread!

Thanks for letting us know! I'm sure DV will have it worked out soon.

VanCough

Environmentalist
Nice thread and initiative @flotntoke! :tup:
How much vapcaps does it take to collect them all? :rofl:

However, I see a lot of pictures here, that may not be possible with their laser.
I'll share with you some input that Matt gave me, as for current custom order I had to make the picture myself.

The picture need to be in black and white(as back and white as possible, gray scale can be problematic), in good quality if there's fine details (but not too much details as the laser isn't Monet's hands ahah), round shape and whitout too much black area, as the laser can burn through them.
On a personal note, I make my picture on a png extention, in order to use transparency and let aside the white (half the work yeah! :rockon:)

Of course steps like making a picture shape's round or turn it in black and white may be handle by Matt or Eric but I can't tell you about that, as I do on all the work to ease the process on their side (feeling guilty about all the extra work that I put on them maybe? :ko:)

Yeah I think the cleaner and more readable the image from the get go is the best bet if you want the engraving to look decent.

I like these:

Like this one @Kozzmozz shared also, but he did mention he was quite attached to it!

Last edited:

little maggie

I am avoiding the vapcap thread because I already have several and knowing my VAS I will just buy more. I'm trying to eliminate duplicate vapes no matter how beautiful. But these are beautiful. I don't see on the website any mention of laser caps. Could someone point me.

little maggie

Thanks. Is there any list of ones they already have? And is there any info about when it will be an option again?

little maggie,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

VanCough

Environmentalist
Go through this thread to see ones people have had done. As long as it's not too crazy a design they were happy to do it for you.

Not sure what they're going to do from now on though, they might only offer specific ones when it's back up and running. Only speculating at this point though, I just remember someone mentioning its time consuming for them and might be cheaper if it's a choice of known to work presets.

No ETA at this point. Really hope it's soon though as I'm waiting for it to order!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yeah, the wave from Hokusai I intended to use as a possible cap engraving too! ;)

No, up to now there unfortunately is no list of already made designs for cap engravings.

I have a new design for a cap engraving which I sent to Matt yesterday and he told me:

- The laser actually is down
- They want to repair it/buy a new one but dont know when
- Then they will offer cap engravings again - my own design too

But things might change up to then....

For sure they already have a lot of work w/o that for cap engravings. We'll hope they will offer this 'goodie' in the future again. I'm so happy that my two engravings were produced just before the laser died.
ATM my US-GER courier service is out of order so I hope they will find their way to me over the pond sometime...:(

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Not a Pipe:

MagrittePipe.jpg

The Treachery of Images
René Magritte

I modified it into a black and white image:

b8IU5ht.jpg

The final result:

F3dnDwU.jpg

KMhuPmm.jpg

I actually thought the image might not work with so much fine detail. I think it turned out really well. I ordered just in time, it must have been one of the last caps to be engraved before the machine broke.

It probably has limited appeal but I get a big kick out of it. It seemed like the perfect choice, since the VapCap isn't a pipe, even though it looks like it might be one.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Not a Pipe:

MagrittePipe.jpg

The Treachery of Images
René Magritte

I modified it into a black and white image:

b8IU5ht.jpg

The final result:

F3dnDwU.jpg

KMhuPmm.jpg

I actually thought the image might not work with so much fine detail. I think it turned out really well. I ordered just in time, it must have been one of the last caps to be engraved before the machine broke.

It probably has limited appeal but I get a big kick out of it. It seemed like the perfect choice, since the VapCap isn't a pipe, even though it looks like it might be one.

SWEET!!! Really like that one!

Prolusio

I finally recieved my green envelope today! Page eating post incoming... All the engravings look much better in person than my photography skills make them out to be.

Circle of Time, FF10 Yuna, and symbol from Card Captors; an anime that I never really liked that much but is now nostalgic nonetheless because my sister watched it so much and it reminds me of being a kid with her.
XV5js8n.jpg

OiV3od7.png
W7rFJS8.jpg
lKUPTPb.jpg
1W6IpJN.jpg

Ez2PP1W.jpg

Then this next one is the transmutation circle from Full Metal Alchemist; but I think it must have been done when the machine was not performing right. I didn't expect all the little details and text to come through, I imagined it'd be like a worn out mystic rune or something... but seeing how dark the lines are on my other engravings and how detailed they are makes me think something went wrong with this one.

YAKVDL8.jpg
DOBabrY.jpg

You can see the engraving on this one turned out pretty pixelated and unclear. It looks really good from a distance; just not exactly what I wanted.

Mr. Me2

I finally recieved my green envelope today! Page eating post incoming... All the engravings look much better in person than my photography skills make them out to be.

Circle of Time, FF10 Yuna, and symbol from Card Captors; an anime that I never really liked that much but is now nostalgic nonetheless because my sister watched it so much and it reminds me of being a kid with her.
XV5js8n.jpg

OiV3od7.png
W7rFJS8.jpg
lKUPTPb.jpg
1W6IpJN.jpg

Ez2PP1W.jpg

Then this next one is the transmutation circle from Full Metal Alchemist; but I think it must have been done when the machine was not performing right. I didn't expect all the little details and text to come through, I imagined it'd be like a worn out mystic rune or something... but seeing how dark the lines are on my other engravings and how detailed they are makes me think something went wrong with this one.

YAKVDL8.jpg
DOBabrY.jpg

You can see the engraving on this one turned out pretty pixelated and unclear. It looks really good from a distance; just not exactly what I wanted.
Wow! Just, wow!

:o:love::o

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
You are right, they are not looking so high resoluted as the former ones. It's really a pitty. Guess too that this ones are made just before their laser died. Still waiting for my engraved caps. Hope they dont look like yours. They were made just before the laser died too. That would makes me REALLY unhappy :cry:

Top Bottom