Large grinder

arb

Semi shaved ape
Arthritis is making grinding harder for me..........I need a grinder with a large volume the bigger the better.
Seems like such a simple thing but I am a bit overwhelmed and confused as I just need a basic two piece.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
What about a grinder also with less or no threads? I have some arthritis and bone spurs in my hands, so that's what in interested in.
How big are you thinking?

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
A quarter ounce at least and zero threads would be better for me.

arb,
Reactions: Helios

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
The stona grinder isn't released yet, but there is no threading design that I'm really interested. Phonecian grinders have a partial turn to lock, and they come massive.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Consider buying a cheap, dedicated coffee grinder/chopper. I will make a "tossed salad" with 4 or 5 strains, and keep it in a half pint jar with a Boveda pack. Stays nice. I just spoon a bit into a separate "serving container" (candy tin) for use every day. You need to use a brush to get all the trichomes.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
It would seem to me that a larger grinder would always be harder to turn for someone with arthritis issues.

You may want to look into the Lift Innovations grinder 3-piece. It's a bit pricey, but one thing that it does have going for it is that it's supposed to be extremely easy to turn (like, you can turn it while grinding with one finger).

Ramahs,

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have negotiated the use of the rotary cheese unit in exchange for a new food processor and mixer..........she drives a hard bargain.
So far it is working awesome and being steel I can acetone wash it lickity split.

LabPong

So far it is working awesome and being steel I can acetone wash it lickity split.

:ugh: ditch the acetone and go with with 91% ISO........dude...acetone is harsh...its a volatile keytone.

LabPong,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Widely used in the medical field.......if you takeaspirin and all that.

arb,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Acetone is perfectly fine, as long as you let it all evaporate, and you used clean acetone without any additives in it that will be left behind.

Back many years ago, I used to use acetone to infuse certain chemicals into an herbal smoking mixture that I sold. I did a LOT of research into it at first. The acetone was safe as long as one insures that you both started with clean acetone and that you let it COMPLETELY evaporate.

Another words, as long as you let the grinder COMPLETELY dry after, then you should be perfectly safe.

That being said, iso works fine for my grinders so much that I've never felt the need to use a stronger solvent like acetone to clean them...but I wouldn't be against using it for an extra dirty, un-taken care of, grinder.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Research led me to believe that when used correctly acetone is by far the safest solvent that leaves absolutely nothing behind once evaporated.
I have seen it used as a trim wash and the lab here in Montana was unable to tell what solvent was used.
Not to mention the oils from acetone is far smoother and tastier because it does not leach out chlorophyll like isopropyl does.
Please feel free to have at that factoid all you please I am ok with it.
:tinfoil:

arb,
Reactions: Ramahs

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
Have you considered the XL Storz and Bickel herb mill? I've actually stopped using my Space Case and SCS because, Iunno, these things do a damned good job for the price and I have like 4 regular sized ones and one XL.

I found the XL is easy on the hands because of its size and when I had a minor hand/wrist injury, I appreciated it. I mean, at the price you won't be too mad at me if you choose to take me at my word on this option. :brow:

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have a couple s and b grinders and the big one is on the way.
How ever I just ran a ounce through the cheese grater and in almost forty years of grinding weed I will say.........winner winner chicken dinner.
Never going back to the twisty type again.

Vaporware

@arb I only skimmed the thread, but in case you’re using acetone on your VapCaps, I believe George specifically recommends you not put the o-rings in it, and since they’re a pain to take off and put on just for cleaning I’m not sure it’s the best cleaner for that at least.

As for grinders, you might like the Chewy 2 since it’s very easy (just push a button to grind), and I’m happy with it for a medium grind. The cleaning process is a little more involved than most grinders though.

For a large, high quality, simple 2 piece though, check out NewVape’s grinders. The newer one is specifically designed a little taller to accommodate wristbands that are stretched around it which make it easier to grip. I think it’s exactly the kind of grinder you’re looking for, they’re very well built, and they’re a lot of people’s favorite grinders. :)

Personally I’m mostly using the Chewy 2 with my VapCaps right now, and that or the little fine grinder I have with the FlowerPot (which in my experience handles a fine grind better than the VC, but if you’re good with a fine grind I’d go with the NewVape. Maybe we should ask them for their course grinder in the newer design too though.

Here’s a link: http://www.newvape.com/fine-grinder-arm-band

Edit: Hah! That’s what I get for skimming the thread...your last post shot this down before I even suggested it, but if you ever change your mind you’ve got the info. :)

Vaporware,

Mookie0608

I love my Santa Cruz shredder I have big hands and I’m ehh you on the arthritis I have it bad but mostly in feet, and back. I know some people frown upon it but I don’t really care, and I see no difference it potency. O ore grind all my weed that I ak currently vaping. My latest purple urkel I got a half ounce it’s been a little over a month since I ore ground it and it’s just as strong as it was day 1 jus more dry. Pre grinding is easier for me it’s there when I want it easy to reload less of a mess don’t have to deal with the smell from grinding can quickly get a scoop from my mason jar and load up my pax or mighty. That’s my preference though I know a few people that do it as well in larger quantities. A good friend will grind up ounces at a time and even he sees no difference outside of dryness. But there are people that say it’s a bad idea but I really don’t see how it can be that bad if your going through it fast and just vaping it.

Top Bottom