• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

KubeOne

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
looks to be larger than a 2" cube ... AC power supply inside ... any info about how it performs? for example, time to reach operating temperature??? watts?

and i don't get those heater coils - ugly and dangerous, imo

damm

damm,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Look nice but the Incoming Hex-nail would be a better option with more features for a better price!

The 2.0 coil looks nice!

PPN,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@damm - yes ... but i don't get concentrates either. do these coils come from some industrial application originally? and re-purposed for dabs?

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

damm

@damm - yes ... but i don't get concentrates either. do these coils come from some industrial application originally? and re-purposed for dabs?

Yeah they are re-engineered from your Stove Top. Old electrical ranges use the same material (nichrome kanthanl?) I believe (or variations of similar) for heating up.

If you read the resistance you can determine the temp of the coil... I dont' think it's as accurate as they claim as I don't believe NiChrome is the best TC material (compared to stainless steal or ni200)

... I have some experience with TC on E Cigs... it seems to be the same

damm,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
If you read the resistance you can determine the temp of the coil... I dont' think it's as accurate as they claim

i use a k-type thermocouple to read the temperature of the coil ... the chip that does the conversion (to serial output) has cold-junction compensation built in ... i see the k-type gradually drift (up 5°F) with heat after 5 minutes of run time.

TNT_error

I'm not sure where to post this so I'll just post it here since there's some coil talks. I want the 20mm banger coil and have an rdk200 controller. Would these 2 be compatible? I hate when companies do this, but I understand haha. I was told the coil is compatible with a dnail controller, and I'm using a dnail coil as an everyday driver.

Basically, I just don't want to fuck up coil compatibility which I've done a couple times already lol

TNT_error,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
New software for the Kubes out 3/10/18

Added glob modes. you can now add custom temp/time profiles, although i cant figure out how to erase any. Its a simple "how long and how hot" and seem to work well

Added nail tunes for AH XL 26mm , AH XXL 30mm, AH XXL30mm /w AH insert and AH CCA Liger Coil.
Each has a nice picture of the coil and nail. My complaint is the profile button is in the far bottom corner.... right next to the connect to kube button, which you use often, and with my large fingers Ive hit the tune button maybe 50% of the time Ive tried to hit the connect button.

The temp chart is still a static 0-1000 line graph which is a bummer because when its locked like that, the set temp, nail temp and coil temp are so small and so close together, its almost useless.

I think he also may have switched the temp tracking to the nail temp as opposed to coil temp as I used to run the Liger between 505-545 depending on the material but now I have to set it around 330-365, and the temp setting slider itself used to be 0-1000, now is 100-630, which furthers my suspicion there was a tracking swap.

The update itself was all via the app update, currently on iOS but Androids on the way. The Kube itself doesn't update anything and the second the app is updated via the app store the whole setup is good to go with the new code.

thezatokid

I was generally running at 580 under the old app which was dedicated to his 25mm setup I believe, if I choose the liger coil on the new app it now indicates 408. The maximum temp under the liger setting appears lower as well as you were sayin.

I saw a bit of one of his recent lives talking about the new profiles and he was suggesting to start with a very low number like 400 or below if I remember correct, although he was using his own 30mm quartz banger in that vid. Hit the glob mode, let it get up to temp on the graph, then as it finishes and begins to drop in temp start your dab. I haven't had a chance to do much 'scientific' experimentation yet

I was generally running at 580 under the old app which was dedicated to his 25mm setup I believe, if I choose the liger coil on the new app it now indicates 408. The maximum temp under the liger setting appears lower as well as you were sayin.

August is aware of the issue with the new Liger profile. He has a "correction update" pending with Apple that should be out later on 3/12/18.

releasethekraken,
With the new Augusthaus App update, you can now create your own "glob" profiles. On the chart page, tap the golden glob. Click the plus sign in the upper right hand corner. Name your profile and set your time and temp. For instance, you could drop and cap at a surface temp of 330F and start a glob profile to take the dish temp up to 440F for an up-temp dab to capture all the terpenes and cannabinoids on the ride up to bliss.

IOS correction update is out for Augusthaus KubeOne app. Display temp is pretty close to actual dish temp now in the CCA710 Liger profile. (These temps are much lower than what I am used to seeing as the delta between the coil and dish are now taken into consideration.) As I use the Augusthaus custom coil, the new Liger profile works great for me. The Kubeone is as functional as any enail on the market with these latest updates. They used to be expensive but now go for $230 and come with a coil, banger and carb cap.

There are four preprogrammed "glob" modes. Each climbs to a different set point and holds that temp for five seconds until dropping back to your primary set point. While the profiles show temps from 580 to 660 degrees, I have listed below the temps each actually seeks and achieves under the Liger profile.

"Taste Tester" climbs to 446F
"Just a drop" climbs to 462F
"Glob" climbs to 485F
"The Big One" climbs to 508F

You can program in your own glob profiles, but you need to add about 140 degrees (with Liger) to the temp you actually want the dish to achieve.

I've been setting the dish temp to around 330F, hitting a glob mode and sipping until I can take no more. The increased heat at the end is like downing a yard of beer. Those yard glasses have a big ball at the bottom that holds a deceptive amount of beer. What starts with sips of flavor ends in a blast of clouds when the heat kicks in.

thezatokid

The current software I'm using does not have a profile for the newvape.

The 4 you can choose are the 26mm XL (default), 30mm XXL, 30mm XXL with insert or the 30mm Flat Liger Coil.

Would be interesting to see which of those profiles would most accurately do the job for a newvape flowerpot

thezatokid,

thezatokid

I saw him live on ig couple weeks back sounded like he was aiming to have the android update out by late march early April.

He seems pretty low stress, I'm sure if you sent August a pm on ig he could give you an update on his progress @Puddy

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Just ordered my Classic Kubeone with XXL and CCA Coil on 420. Im excited to join the family! I do hope there isnt any issues with the app on Android and my Pixel 2 XL phone.

I do hope there isnt any issues with the app on Android and my Pixel 2 XL phone.

One user reported Pixel issues at the Google Play Store, but that was before the latest Android update. I would contact August and ask. Prod him to get his app on Amazon while you are at it. I envision a future where my dabbing is controlled with a dedicated, cheap Amazon tablet.

I ran into this issue yesterday when I was looking for a backup app device. Google Play told me that the devices I had in mind were not compatible. One was an Amazon tablet and the other was an old Samsung S3. You can't even access Google Play on an Amazon device and the app isn't available on Amazon (there are some workarounds for running Android apps on an Amazon device but I don't know if the app would be compatible with the device.)

I have an old Iphone 5s that I am going to rebuild tomorrow for a backup device to run the app.

releasethekraken,
Reactions: ensabbahnur

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I envision a future where my dabbing is controlled with a dedicated, cheap Amazon tablet.

(there are some workarounds for running Android apps on an Amazon device but I don't know if the app would be compatible with the device.)

Im right there with you, I was thinking split screening the Kube and RQ or even having 2 Fires as they are so cheap, I wouldn't much worry about the app not working as Amazon keeps their gear decently updated and its really easy to get the full play store on them.

I was originally planning on using an Ipad3 but the lag on the Hex shoots up about 8 more seconds for no real reason I can see but with the Fires being so cheap its worth the experiment

ensabbahnur,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Is anyone using the Kubeone on a Google Pixel or Google Pixel 2?

I am just trying to see if there is any issues with the app and the device. I am only asking as when i downloaded the app, i read a review from 2 months ago that the pixel cannot connect to the kubeone.

I cannot get any response from this company and I placed my order on 4/20 and the order has been just sitting as the tracking has been created since 4/30, last month! Is his service this bad?

Shooby,
Top Bottom