1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Knee ache at night

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by tbill, Jun 3, 2014.

1. tbill

tbill Active Member

I have chronic knee pain (arthritis) that seems to occur at night, but not during the day. To date, I have only been vaping sativas. My dealer does have indica strains. Is there anyone in a similar situation, or vaping for pain relief, that thinks an (indica stain ) would help me sleep or relieve the ache in my knee?

Thanks in advance
  2. Bouldorado

Bouldorado Well-Known Member

There's a good chance it would. Generally high CBD strains are more recommended for pain relief.

You could also look into topicals.
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  3. tbill

tbill Active Member

Thanks,

I'm limited to what I can get.
  4. Wizsteve

Wizsteve Active Member

hey bill you need to figure out why first it could be anything from the position of your spine to lack of blood flow at night

things to try place pillow between your legs wear padded knee brace or raise knees above your heart with pillows.
  5. tuk

tuk Well-Known Member

Save your Sativa AVB to make CBD rich edibles which can be eaten an hour or so before your knee pain starts.
  6. momofthegoons

momofthegoons vapor accessory addict Staff Member

Your abv can also be used to make a topical salve that isn't expensive. The only other ingredients are beeswax and olive oil. Essential oils if wanted (some have an analgesic effect like wintergreen). Check out this thread. Even an infused olive oil will help. And don't knock it until you've tried it. The last batch I was given is like voodoo cream. Takes away pain instantly for a couple hours.

Indicas will also help more than sativas with pain and sleep.

You haven't indicated if you know what is causing your knee pain beyond arthritis. Is it bone on bone pain or do you have something else going on?
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    Deja Vu likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors