• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Kleen extract

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
If the Everclear and Kleenx are placed in identical containers, and airflow is the same around each dish, then maybe the difference is in the spirits themselves. The EC is grain alcohol distilled specifically for consumption. Kleen Xtract is, according to the MSDS is 100% ethyl alcohol. The specific gravity of these two liquids may be different and that may account for the different evap times.

mephisto

Just wanted to add some details re. the evap trial. The solvents were placed in identical pyrex dishes, no fan was used, no heat was added. I will be running my 7g trial today. Probably just gonna do a single pass with a 20 sec. soak. Usually, I shake the slurry continuously for the entire time. This does not seem to cause more "green" extraction. I am not convinced there are a whole lot of actives left in the herb to justify a second rinse. Sometimes I will add a small amount of solvent after the first run, then soak, agitate for another 20-30 sec. and finally squeeze the remnants to wring out the solvent. This "second" wash will be reduced and used as a "dressing" for vaping. 4-5 drops on a bowl of greens will help break through tolerance issues. I do not worry about residual solvents or extra waxes, lipids since this will not be vaped directly as an extract. I try and give the solvent some air time before I vape an "adjusted" bowl.

farscaper

Just wanted to add some details re. the evap trial. The solvents were placed in identical pyrex dishes, no fan was used, no heat was added. I will be running my 7g trial today. Probably just gonna do a single pass with a 20 sec. soak. Usually, I shake the slurry continuously for the entire time. This does not seem to cause more "green" extraction. I am not convinced there are a whole lot of actives left in the herb to justify a second rinse. Sometimes I will add a small amount of solvent after the first run, then soak, agitate for another 20-30 sec. and finally squeeze the remnants to wring out the solvent. This "second" wash will be reduced and used as a "dressing" for vaping. 4-5 drops on a bowl of greens will help break through tolerance issues. I do not worry about residual solvents or extra waxes, lipids since this will not be vaped directly as an extract. I try and give the solvent some air time before I vape an "adjusted" bowl.
if you ever get a little green everclear placed under a 25watt cfl bulb will eliminate that green color in around 1 to 2 hours at most... as little as 30 min has worked on dirty washes ive tried.

just adding that tid bit here since you mentioned green in the wash... in case anyone else sees the issue with this im assuming it will work in the same way with kleenx

tig420

i did a run and the taste is way improved from my regular everclear runs and i thought my everclear tech was really good i just always had i slight sugar taste with EC but with the KX i only get the herb taste. i will definitely use this shit from now on

LovetogetQWET

i did a run and the taste is way improved from my regular everclear runs and i thought my everclear tech was really good i just always had i slight sugar taste with EC but with the KX i only get the herb taste. i will definitely use this shit from now on

did you add any heat for evap? or just left it to natural evap with a fan. excited for my kleen order to come through!

LovetogetQWET,
Reactions: farscaper

wootze

I ordered a gallon of kleenxtract last weekend. Was advised order shipped Monday and tracking info would be provided Tuesday. Did not get tracking info and no response to email asking for same. Also product has yet to appear.

I'll let you all know how this works out.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Yeah another dude I know ordered and got no shipping info.

Sounds like their communication sucks, but the product eventually shows up for everyone apparently. Also sounds like its even better than everclear which is awesome.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
And hopefully they will accept @2clicker invite to communicate here with us...not holding my breath though as their communication with actual paying customers sucks it seems. I guess time will tell. Good to hear that the initial run by @tig420 came out good with great taste. Please tell us the length of wash. shake or swirl or both, etc.

wootze

I got quick response to first question about invoice, actually.
I look at it like this...they maybe busy. It is not much more hassle to ship a pallet than my gallon.
Also this stuff comes ground. Organic is organic and Alchemical costs a little more and is much further away more shipping cost. KleenX is prolly grain. Alchemical has different bases. 100% ethanol is 100% ethanol.

I'm sure my stuff will show up and I'm glad they are busy.

wootze,
Reactions: 2clicker

farscaper

I got quick response to first question about invoice, actually.
I look at it like this...they maybe busy. It is not much more hassle to ship a pallet than my gallon.
Also this stuff comes ground. Organic is organic and Alchemical costs a little more and is much further away more shipping cost. KleenX is prolly grain. Alchemical has different bases. 100% ethanol is 100% ethanol.

I'm sure my stuff will show up and I'm glad they are busy.

I take it you are generalizing and have no real idea of what its distilled from.

farscaper,

wootze

I take it you are generalizing and have no real idea of what its distilled from.
No just guessing...their page states 'grown by farmers', so guessing grain.

If you reread my post you will see the word prolly in reference to my guess.

Last edited:
wootze,

fernand

Ethanol = Ethyl Alcohol. Original fermentation of fruit, potatoes, grain etc or whatever source has zero effect. Once purified, Ethanol is ethanol.

In the lab 99% ethanol immediately absorbs water so you end up around 96%. 100% ethanol is like a phantom, by the time you get it to analysis it's no longer 100%.

farscaper

pshhh I dont know why I didnt see this page of the msds...

page_2.jpg

but uhhh... is kleenx really pure ethanol... its close... but whats that less than 10% there?

edit: propan-2-ol... is isopropyl.

SO KLEENX IS NOT PURE ETHANOL
like I assumed it is a ethanol mixture... not much of one... but its a mix...
its even refered to as an ethanol mixture in the msds

note that figure
less than 100% ethanol
less than 10% isopropyl

qwetiso :hmm:

as I said... ethyl is any alcohol that readily sublimates at room temperature...

so this is an ethyl alcohol and it is listed and as it is sold.

not pure ethanol... but.... does this blend prevent the water absorption issue?

thats my question now!

Last edited:

darkrom

Great Scott!
So this is iso mixed with everclear? If so that is actually kind of disappointing to me TBH. Half the reason I love everclear so much is that it is nothing but ethanol, and avoids some of the downside to using ISO, which is that it is safe for consumption (not that I plan to consume it).

farscaper

So this is iso mixed with everclear? If so that is actually kind of disappointing to me TBH. Half the reason I love everclear so much is that it is nothing but ethanol, and avoids some of the downside to using ISO, which is that it is safe for consumption (not that I plan to consume it).

The msds lists the product name as a Reagent Alcohol 100%

It is sold as ethyl alcohol

It has ethanol and Isopropyl in it...

im just reading their msds...
page_1.jpg

page_2.jpg

page_3.jpg

page_4.jpg

page_5.jpg

page_6.jpg

page_7.jpg

page_8.jpg

page_9.jpg

there it is.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
yep, from the msds it is not "pure" ethanol. @farscaper , I'm not sure how the tiny amount of iso has any effect on the water absorption; seeing as both ethanol and iso absorb atmospheric water. But you bring an intriguing point to the forefront as you stated...does the mixture give the effect of non-absorption of atmospheric water? The two individually, as stated, absorb atmospheric water; but the mixture, hmmm is right. I don't know if it does have any bearing on water absorption as I am not a chemist.
And, lol, @farscaper for the qwetiso, hehe, that's exactly what it is :lmao:...perfect call for a naming convention for KleenX!

I am also curious to know at what rate does the ethanol, the KleenX, and ISO99 absorb atmospheric water. I know I would want to go with whichever absorbs the slowest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom