Kleen extract

AmberAlchemist

Great thread! I was looking for a Kleenx discussion! I just picked up 10 gallons from FedEx depot (said they could not deliver to a home address) and after paying the $700 dollars, was looking for ANY info on how to recover and reuse this product. Anyone have any experience with a still for recovery? Yes, I just ordered a still too! Buds are near ready; still not ripe...I will be making CBD oil.

Thanks for any help...they told me it begins to evap @ 78 degrees, so I guess very minimal heat will be necessary to recapture the solvent?

I just bought a Green Oil Machine recently (www.greenoilmachine.com) to use for my QWET (aka Everclear/Ethanol) extractions. Was using a vaccum distillation set previously and was just tired of all the bulk and I wasn't even using it in a vacuum anyways as the cold capture to keep it at vacuum was more trouble than it was worth. I do use a vac chamber for purging to keep the temps low, but for initial evap not sure how much benefit you get (if anything you get more benefit from the higher temps that are decarb'ing the oil if its for consumption vs. smoking). I imagine it will be helpful with these extractions as well given it's just an alcohol base. Just bought 1 gal and will be trying it out soon.

EpicNameGuy

I just bought a Green Oil Machine recently (www.greenoilmachine.com) to use for my QWET (aka Everclear/Ethanol) extractions. Was using a vaccum distillation set previously and was just tired of all the bulk and I wasn't even using it in a vacuum anyways as the cold capture to keep it at vacuum was more trouble than it was worth. I do use a vac chamber for purging to keep the temps low, but for initial evap not sure how much benefit you get (if anything you get more benefit from the higher temps that are decarb'ing the oil if its for consumption vs. smoking). I imagine it will be helpful with these extractions as well given it's just an alcohol base. Just bought 1 gal and will be trying it out soon.

I'm VERY interested to hear more about this green oil machine... any chance you could do a review of the device? Are you shooting for a dabbable product or an oil to consume w/ edibles or otherwise?

Either way, I'd REALLY like to see pics of the starting material and end product and get a gist for ease of use.

Top Bottom