Kitchen Accident involving bud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sallypants

So I have a friend that always has large amounts of bud on hand that he sometimes stores in his oven. Why the oven? I don't know seems stupid to me- Anyway he got stoned preheated the oven for a pizza and forgot that a bag with 6oz was in there. He said the temp never got to 350 however it was in for about 10 mins before he smelled it and got it out. Needlesss to say has sack of buds was blasted. :bang: We picked out any melted plastic from the bag and all the bits that were blackened. He was left with about 4oz of really really dry, brown buds.

He called for my help because he knows I vape and I also do alot of cooking with green, and thought maybe I could help him do something with it rather than toss it out.

I am hoping to be able to do some cooking with it, as I think the buds that were salvaged are just vaporized. What is left looks and smells like AVB.

I am hoping what happened was a really crude decarbing and not a total death for this bud.

So experts what do you think of this?

Sallypants,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hmm... the melted plastic aside as that doesn't sound appetizing. If truly got all plastic and BS out sounds like you have decarbed bud that could be cooked into a recipe or turned into swamp water.

Man... hope your friend finds another place to keep his stash, oh and tell him not the washing machine or dishwasher either :p

vapirtoo

The tank of the toilet bowl should be his next hiding place :D.
Melted plastic in my ABV !? You mention that the stash now
looks and smells like regular ABV. I guess that the plastic did not
permeate the herb with a bunch of nastiness. I still would be inclined
to give that shit to one of my not so close friends. :2c:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

The vacuum purge system is not required... it costs like $200+ to get that set up. It helps remove more of the Butane from the oil then you can at normal atmosphere. The rest of the process you can do really cheaply. Just give the oil time to air purge so that you can get as much butane out as possible.

Slightly Medicated,

Sallypants

Since my last post I ground up an eight of it and tried a stove top green monster recipe using everclear I found on another part of the site. I have never tried making it, or tasted it before. That shit was so nasty!!! It took every once of control for me to not vomit as soon as I tasted it!!

Is that normal for green monster or a sign that this bud is too far gone?

Sallypants,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Since my last post I ground up an eight of it and tried a stove top green monster recipe using everclear I found on another part of the site. I have never tried making it, or tasted it before. That shit was so nasty!!! It took every once of control for me to not vomit as soon as I tasted it!!

Is that normal for green monster or a sign that this bud is too far gone?

I think its called green dragon. And yes the nastier shit you put in it the nastier the taste is.
Sounds like the buds fucked. Who puts their herb in the oven!>?, that plans to use it other than baking? Fucking jar that shit up! Then hide it, far away.

Ratm22,
Reactions: t-dub

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
Right when I read the first sentence of this thread I was like :o
I wish you guys the best of luck with that ordeal.

Sallypants

I think its called green dragon. And yes the nastier shit you put in it the nastier the taste is..

You are right, its Green Dragon my mistake and yes its horrible. I will probably just give that away or toss it.

Right when I read the first sentence of this thread I was like :o
I wish you guys the best of luck with that ordeal.

For real. When the guy called me and told me what happened I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAT did you do???!?? The oven??!!??

Sallypants,
Reactions: t-dub

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
You are right, its Green Dragon my mistake and yes its horrible. I will probably just give that away or toss it.
For real. When the guy called me and told me what happened I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAT did you do???!?? The oven??!!??
I'm truly sorry for your loss but this thread has me in tears (laughing) :lmao:

I think Dorkus would tell you guys to "take this shite down to the centre" :lol:

t-dub,
Reactions: Lo

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Haha, I love the logic.
Weed should be stored in a dark cool place.
I'll keep it in that box in the wall I use to heat things. :lol:

So long as you got all the plastic out, my first thought would be to try vaping a little bit of it, just to gauge how much is left in the bud.

I've never had the best results with green dragon (taste wise), I made a batch once that tasted like absolute crap, but blew out socks off (the dose equated to about 1g of fresh herb each), but the taste turned me off trying that again.

I would personally go for a BHO run with it, or QWISO if you don't want to do BHO.

IMO oil is more versatile, you can still mix it into a recipie (I would assume) if you want to do edibles, or you can add it to a vape, or dab it, or combust with it if you're that way inclined.

:2c:

Frederick McGuire,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Just wanted to say that anytime i hear the word QWISO i remember Snoop Dogg and his "fo sizzles". :)

Good luck with that run SallyPants, :tup:

vorrange,

djonkoman

when I made swampwater/green dragon from abv I didn't taste much of it, I've only used strongtasting liquors tough. one time with sambucca, another time with kruidenbitter(wich is also very sweet). can't get anything like everclear here, or I would have to order it online+pay a lot(mostly because of taxes probably, since alcohol with something mixed in to make it undrinkable is way cheaper, 1/5 or 1/10 of the price I think)

djonkoman,
how'd it go with the sambucca djonkoman? Did it work alright? I love fucking love sambucca and everclear ain't easy to find round here. I could get 151 proof Rum but it's ~$80 and tastes like crap (i'm not a rum fan).

Sallypants, did your friend stick their head in the oven and inhale really deeply when they realised they had unintentionally vaped, melted & burnt 6oz?

Rename Rev Ye Us,
Reactions: Ratm22

djonkoman

worked well, I made some for a party and afterwards I had people asking me what kind of pills I took/if I had taken xtc
that time I soaked it for 2 days I think(but maybe 1), regularly placing the bottle in a pot with warm/hot water to speed it up.

tasted mostly like sambucca, not quite but the sambucca was overpowering enough.

Sallypants

OH and I still have tons of it left!! So turns out what was left was just slightly vaped I guess, because it still worked great for edibles!! WOOP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom