Kia Vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
vaporGene said:
I have yet to find a good vape that comes out of China.

DigitalDavinci is**completely right about the presences of dangerous elements.
Actually, the Kia is made in the U.S. It has a one yr. full coverage warranty and lifetime on labor. The made in China vapes have no warranty from the manufacturer.

max,

vaporGene

Has anyone actually opened up a Kia Vape a looked inside it? That's really
the only definitive way to tell if it's a PoS or not.

vaporGene,

Zerstubermann

The Kia Vaporizer is actually the first vape I have ever tried.

There was some trial an error (The herb combusted a few times.), but once we played with it we were getting good vapor hits.
As I said this was my first vaporizer experience so I can't compare the Kia to other models, but it sold me on vaporizers in general.

Zerstubermann,

max

Out to lunch
vaporGene said:
Has anyone actually opened up a Kia Vape a looked inside it? That's really
the only definitive way to tell if it's a PoS or not.
It also helps to have enough accurate info to judge whether what you're seeing is good or bad. ;)

Zerstubermann said:
The Kia Vaporizer is actually the first vape I have ever tried.

There was some trial an error (The herb combusted a few times.), but once we played with it we were getting good vapor hits.
As I said this was my first vaporizer experience so I can't compare the Kia to other models, but it sold me on vaporizers in general.
The Kia was selling on eBay a while back for under $100. It was interesting at that price range because it's made in the US and has a 1 yr. warranty on parts and lifetime on labor. Now it's selling for around the same price as a standard Vaporcannon, which has a 5 yr. warranty. I've heard complaints about the 'no screen' setup too.

max,

Zerstubermann

Max,

I looked today on eBay, they have the KIA for $128.31 and one with a car charger and bubbler for $155.53, both with free shipping.
Also, at Amazon they are now showing a KIA model with an adjustable temperature for $169.00.

We did find if you ground your herb to fine you were getting a mouthful herb. But after adjusting the size of the herb placed in the bowl we no longer had that problem.
Trying to insert your own screen and/or using their bubbler might also solve this problem.

On a side note the glass bowls and mouth pieces are nice looking and I like the fact that the black tube does not show yellow build up.

Zerstubermann

Zerstubermann,

vaporGene

The fact that it was selling so low on Amazon and eBay and doesn't have a proper website are red flags in my eyes.

vaporGene,

whipme

I got this vape in Feb after my husband decided he liked it better than the hot box that I wanted. Since we havent used one before I cant compare it to any thing, but I guess for the price it works OK. The light on the side burnt out a few days ago, the plug is hard to remove from the box and I think all the yanking killed it:o. And another problem was after a few uses the whole unit started tilting back causing combustion.:( Since my husband likes to fix things so much he found a remedy to that by bending a piece of metal to hold the unit in place. We also had to add a wieght in the bottom and it seems to do the trick. We still have bowls combust now and then, there is a learning curb, and herb getting sucked into your mouth is common. I also felt a bit lied to when I bought this with a lifetime warrenty that ended up only being a year. Its alright, a different concept, and gives you some pretty good vapes. A plus the whip is preety nice, have dropped it and its yet to break, but I didnt get to pick the color I wanted.

whipme,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I bought this vape about a year or so ago for a friend who lives out of state as a birthday present, just based on ebay feedback. It was like $80 at the time, "won" as an auction item.
We both had high hopes but it didn't work out for him and he ended up selling it, which I think stalled his career as a vaporist.
Because there's no screen he kept drawing the material into his mouth - I kinda get that he didn't have the technique down, but out of curiousity we 3 way'd a phone call to the builder or whoever answered the phone, to pick his brain regarding how the thing is supposed to work.
He vaguely explained that as time goes on the resin builds up and prevents the weed from being drawn into your mouth. Certainly this bit of info did not impress me, and the person who answered the phone really didn't seem all that savvy about vaporzing in general compared with the exchanges I read on this board. On the other hand maybe the builder is on to something - it's a very narrow wand and that supposedly would prevent the material from being drawn into your mouth, at least that's the principle.
On the other hand I see tremendous and consistent positive feedback for this KIA vaporizer, however I've never used it - I'm sure I would be able to figure out how to use it properly but it's not something I would recommend.

jeffp,

OC513

Dabaholic
Long time lurker here.....thanks to all as I have learned alot. I wanted to chime in on the KIA. My wife got me one for my bday 3 weeks ago........she got me a vape because one of my friends has a Volcano and one has a Da Buddha and I was always curious about getting my own as I love the end effect! :o I have the Kustom Kia with temperature control. I absolutely LOVE it.....I like a whip much better than a bag. In my opinion the KIA hits every bit as good as the Da Buddha.....like exactly the same. I must say I have tried using no screen and end up with herb in my mouth so I keep a screen in there, no biggie it takes 1/2 inch screens which are easily found on the net. Most whip vapes, including the DBV and SSV, use a screen so I do not see an issue with using one......I use Stainless Steel and it has solved ALL issues regarding herb pulling through. As far as my take, and I have used most name vapes on the market over the past 2 years, I would say the KIA is as good as any I have used.....I might give a SLIGHT edge to the Silver Surfer for the taste (due to the smaller air flow) but that is about it. It is certainly on par with the DBV and imo nicer looking and VERY easy to take on the go. Hope this helps.

OC513,

OC513

Dabaholic
On a side note.........you can also use any GG 18.8mm wand with the KIA........my buddy comes over with his Da Buddha whip and I go over to his place with my KIA whip and then we can both vape without having to pass one whip.....so all those cool GG whips for the DBV & SSV fit in a KIA as well. Just a thought for those having issues with no screen.....move to a wand that is meant to take a screen and you will have no more issue. just my :2c:

OC513,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
OC513 said:
On a side note.........you can also use any GG 18.8mm wand with the KIA........my buddy comes over with his Da Buddha whip and I go over to his place with my KIA whip and then we can both vape without having to pass one whip.....so all those cool GG whips for the DBV & SSV fit in a KIA as well. Just a thought for those having issues with no screen.....move to a wand that is meant to take a screen and you will have no more issue. just my :2c:
I've noticed that the Kia's have gone up in price to about $200 "buy it now" on Ebay. i remember when they were introduced people were "winning" them for $50 sometimes as true auction items.
At that price point I think comparative research is warranted before buying one, however it's nice to hear that you are enjoying your vaporizer and i wish I knew that a SSV type whip with a screen would fit - I bet my friend would have kept the Kia had we had known this.

jeffp,

OC513

Dabaholic
jeffp said:
OC513 said:
I've noticed that the Kia's have gone up in price to about $200 "buy it now" on Ebay. i remember when they were introduced people were "winning" them for $50 sometimes as true auction items.
At that price point I think comparative research is warranted before buying one, however it's nice to hear that you are enjoying your vaporizer and i wish I knew that a SSV type whip with a screen would fit - I bet my friend would have kept the Kia had we had known this.
No problem on the info....sorry your friend sold his......imo even at a price point even to the buddha it is worth it......it is just a matter of looks to me...they both hit pretty much exactly the same. Keep in mind I have the Kustom Kia so it is temp adjustable just like the Buddha. I like the fact I can just toss everything into my box, lock it and take it everywhere I may go....very handy. I also like hw it looks sitting out.....it is a very well made, alumnum box......looks like it should be handcuffed to a guy in a black suit. lol

OC513,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
lol! Nice find! Their product page pretty much has all the china vapes I've ever seen. I'm not sure about the KIA connection though , they might very well have been copied. Although from what i've read about them the China connection wouldn't really be surprising either...

Some people seem to think that importing stuff from China , slightly modifying it by putting a sticker on it, means that the product is now made in the US. :/

Skunkypete,

stinkmeaner

That glass was suspect when I first layed eyes on the Kia, that site just confirmed what I had already suspected.

stinkmeaner,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
stinkmeaner said:
That glass was suspect when I first layed eyes on the Kia, that site just confirmed what I had already suspected.
I was so ready to buy one of these I have emailed back and forth with Kia for the last week and all they say is made in USA if I had purchased one and then found out it was made in china I would have been pissed, no offense to china but they don't give a rats ass if we breath lead or cyanide or anything else.

rbrown13,

rbrown13

like I said I was ready to buy one of these I have been corresponding with "Kiaman" for the last week asking him questions about the unit and through it all he always referred to made in USA and that the Kia is hand made. yesterday when I saw this post I emailed Kiaman and asked him to explain why his made in USA vaporizer and hand blown in the USA glass are on a china dist. website with no response and all week he has responded to my emails within hours and now it's been over 24 hours since I asked these questions.

rbrown13,

rbrown13

well after another email from Kiaman I asked if I could see pics of his factory and he said he will send me some Tuesday.

rbrown13,

rbrown13

well just to report back I waited and waited for Kiaman to send me pics of his factory "here in the USA" and still no reply I have given this guy chance after chance to disprove that his vape is really made china I have had no response and when I call there is no one there to answer my questions and I should call back later. these people are scam artists the Kia vape is made in china or else this guy would've broke his neck trying to prove otherwise, I'm so glad I didn't buy a Kia.

Beware of Made In China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rbrown13,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah you already have a fine whip vape in the VB, whaddya need a questionable screen less whip vape on top of that?
if you want to get another excellent luxury whip vape get a SSV.

jeffp,

rbrown13

jeffp said:
yeah you already have a fine whip vape in the VB, whaddya need a questionable screen less whip vape on top of that?
Well I just bought the VB but the Kia was in the running when I was deciding which box style vape to get and let me tell you the VB is awesome but that's another thread.

rbrown13,

rbrown13

lwien said:
rbrown13 said:
Beware of Made In China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not all vapes made in China are bad. Most are, but not all.
you are absolutely right not all things period from china are bad but a US company that passes off a piece made in china as 'handmade in USA" that is bad. isn't china for the most part the country that keeps sending lead based goods to our country?

rbrown13,

rbrown13

rbrown13 said:
jeffp said:
Well I just bought the VB but the Kia was in the running when I was deciding which box style vape to get and let me tell you the VB is awesome but that's another thread.
I gotta say, I know some folks will disagree but I don't think the SSV has a thing on the VB in fact I think the VB does some things better like heat up time and cost. a friend of mine owns an SSV that I have tried many times so I do have a reference point.:2c:

rbrown13,
Top Bottom