• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

kevin smith appreciation thread

jklasd

what kind of MJ forum doesn't have a kev smith thread? lol.
not sure if there is one, if there is, link a brotha(im aware im white :lol:)
if not, lets get this shit going!
any smodcast fans? just fans of his? any view askew message board ppl?
hes coming to toronto on feb 6 and 7th, and i got a ticket for the 7th, cannot fucking wait.

jklasd,
I think he is excellent.

Dogma is my favorite film of his, although i have not seen Zack and Miri.
I dont like Chasing Amy bit to soppy for me :cool:

Zenfold,

max

Out to lunch
I like his TV show 'Reaper'. Ray Wise is perfect as Satan. New episodes start up in March.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I LOVE Clerks II and Dogma. Their other movies that I have seen (Clerks, Strike Back, Mallrats) had acting that was too poor for me to enjoy the movie.

stickstones,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma <-- All classics.

I happen to particularly love Chasing Amy, but I'm that type of dude. Mallrats is also amazing, and SS if you think the acting is bad you so should have stuck with it...it's not a Blockbuster style movie, but those are so overdone and bland...Mallrats is absolutely hilarious, and witty as hell. I still haven't seen Zack and Miri, Jersey Girl sucked the big one (IMO) and Jay and Silent Bob was a commercial shill of an atrocity. Dogma is one of the funnier/more novel "mainstream" movies I've seen in the last few years. Clerks is also absolutely hilarious, but it just happens to fit my style...I know everyone has issues with this movie and finds the pacing hard to get with. I think the sarcasm makes up for everything. More sarcasm = more :lol: in my books.

So the short answer is: yeah, I think KS is a pretty cool dude. :D

partially veiled,

Dr. Dope

mallrats cclerks 1 and 2 dogma jay and silent bob strike back, all great movies, i havent seen chasing amy :S

Dr. Dope,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Clerks is a masterpiece. One of my favorite flicks of all time. I think it's black and white because it has such colorful language. :lol:

Dante Hicks:
I'm stuck in this pit, working for less than slave wages, working on my day off, the steel shutters are closed, I deal with every backward-assed fu** on the planet, I smell like shoe polish, my ex-girlfriend is catatonic after fu**ing a dead guy, and my present girlfriend has sucked thirty-six dicks.

Randal Graves:

Thirty-seven.

Clerks 2 was 'meh'.

The only other one of his movies I appreciate would have to be Dogma. I loved the concept.

SpiralArchitect,

jklasd

hmm, im actually suprised im not seeing more love for KS lol, but i guess hes not everyone thing. i like all of his movies, chasing amy i feel was the best overall movie hes made, while ill give it up to clerks or clerks 2 for best comedy by him. mallrats is pretty sick. i thought jersey girl was rather good, unlike most.

jklasd,
Top Bottom