Kanye is such a dick...........(VMA's)

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
i've heard him apologize after outbursts before, how about think before an outburst, that would prove you have grown. To make the same mistake over and over again means that his apologies are just words...

stonemonkey55,

lwien

And his apologies are totally meaningless. He didn't apologize the night that he did it. He only apologized AFTER he received all the negative flak.

Then today, on The View, they asked Taylor Swift if she received a personal apology, like in the form of a personal email or a telephone call, and she said no and that she has personally not heard from him at all. Then................right after the show, she got a phone call from him with a personal apology.

The guy is full of shit. He's not sorry about what he did. The ONLY thing that he's sorry about is the negative press.

Ya know, shit like this typically doesn't affect the success of an artist, but this one is gonna take a bit of time to go away and is gonna follow this dickhead around for awhile.

lwien,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
yeah, you can totally tell his apologies are damage control - I'm disappointed cause I really do feel this guy has talent. I listen to some of his lyrics and I do think this guy does say some thought provoking stuff so I know there is some cognitive thought going on in his head but then I see him behave this way and just wonder, WTF?!

stonemonkey55,

lwien

Yeah SM, there's nothing saying that an artist has to be smart, or have empathy, or have common sense, or have emotional security or emotional maturity for they can have none of these things and still retain an enormous talent.

lwien,

Purple-Days

Proud to say I have no idea who or what you are talking about. But, I hear what Sm said, "i've heard him apologize after outbursts before, how about think before an outburst, that would prove you have grown. To make the same mistake over and over again means that his apologies are just words..." We can all learn from those words... :popcorn:

Purple-Days,

Frickr

Kanye is just a gay fish. :lol: anyone watching southpark tonight will know what ime talking about

Frickr,

NoSmoke

C'mon why you hating?!? You know Beyonce had the best video! Who the hell even watches music videos nowadays!

11405a3f-b05b-45f5-b0ce-ba36ddf35daa.jpg

NoSmoke,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Kanye is a hustler, he is making stacks off all this publicity I'm sure

Taylor Swift has stacks too, she's all being shawered in all sorts of good feeling and dupety lala bullshit and I'm sure she feels just fine now. Also getting payed of all this publicity. Her music blows anyways and I'm sure the video sucked too

Of course Kanye was being an asshole, but what you guys don't realize is that by playing into this you're all getting hustled ...by Kanye West

bluntfaced,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
just cause you're talking about doesn't mean that you're being hustled, he ain't seen a penny out of my pocket

stonemonkey55,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
You are hyping it up on the internet though. And everyone, including you hyping it up is making the who Taylor vs Kanye thing more profitable for both of them.

bluntfaced,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
i see your point but some people think good/bad press is all good press that lines the pockets of those individuals, I for one, do not agree with that thought process. Why do you think he is trying to do all this damage control, cause he's worried all this negative feedback will impact how many records he sells.

This is just discourse, I have an opinion, should I not speak my mind because of that reasoning? I don't care if it makes either of them more profitable, what I do hope is that all this negative feedback makes Kanye think and grow from his mistakes....even though based on history, he won't.

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
bluntfaced said:
Kanye is a hustler, he is making stacks off all this publicity I'm sure

Taylor Swift has stacks too, she's all being shawered in all sorts of good feeling and dupety lala bullshit and I'm sure she feels just fine now. Also getting payed of all this publicity. Her music blows anyways and I'm sure the video sucked too

Of course Kanye was being an asshole, but what you guys don't realize is that by playing into this you're all getting hustled ...by Kanye West
Thanks so much for enlightening me on the quality of Swift's music. I never realized that music appreciation was a completely objective activity. Please post the names of all the other artists whose music blows so I can avoid them as well. ;)

stonemonkey said:
just cause you're talking about doesn't mean that you're being hustled, he ain't seen a penny out of my pocket
Exactly. A successful hustle means gain for the hustler and loss for the hustled, and posts on FC don't get him anything from us. West craves respect but his actions only serve to make him a joke.

You are hyping it up on the internet though. And everyone, including you hyping it up is making the who Taylor vs Kanye thing more profitable for both of them.
Where's the logic in that statement? I can 'hype it up' about the SC congressman who yelled "you lie" at the Pres. too. How does that work to Joe Wilson's advantage? The consensus is that he was the loser with that outburst. His opponent now leads in the polls and has received a ton of campaign money in the last week.

I guarantee that West didn't help his CD or concert revenue with his stupid stunt.

max,

lwien

I like the music both from Taylor Swift and Kanye. A bit eclectic I guess.

They should do a Crossroads mini-tv concert similar to what Robert Plant and Alison Krauss did. Two totally different genres that worked really well together. Their agents should get together to try and pull it off. I think it'd get a huge audience if they did.

lwien,

bcleez

The MTV awards are a joke. Come on, its not a Nobel Prize. It is 100% staged and really holds no artistic integrity. What Kanye did wasn't even that bad. I saw it after the huge blow up and expected something crazy and was shocked that it was so weak. When I was 19 that would not have phased me one bit.

When Taylor Swift actually writes one note of music call me.

And yeah Kanye is insane, but this was nothing, and he is super talented and makes great music. Fact.

bcleez,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
pwned! Obviously this wasn't the highest caliber of award shows but this was a big moment in her life. And yeah, you're right it wasn't "that bad" compared to what's going on in the real world but if you think about the young people watching the show and seeing someone they look up to act in this manner, then IMO, it's bad.

I'd rather be associated with someone who understand right from wrong than someone that is uber talented in one area.

stonemonkey55,

lwien

max said:
he is super talented and makes great music. Fact.
Using that logic, I proclaim pink to be the 'best color'. :/
Yeah, Max, but ya gotta understand that that logic came from a guy who makes a statement that Swift doesn't write her own music BEFORE he does any research to find out if that is in fact true.

lwien,
Top Bottom