JyARz Storage Containers

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Ah question please. I opened one of my jyarz today and a plastic piece came out of the lid. What is it and should I have taken it out to begin with? The white gasket thing is still in and I replaced the plastic but it keeps falling out. TIA.

Dreamerr,

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
Ah question please. I opened one of my jyarz today and a plastic piece came out of the lid. What is it and should I have taken it out to begin with? The white gasket thing is still in and I replaced the plastic but it keeps falling out. TIA.

There are three components that make up the lid. First the lid itself, that's the recycled plastic piece with the threads and logo on it. Then inside the cap is the latex rubber gasket, its about a quarter inch thick. That services two functions, it seals the contents of your jar inside the glass and it acts as a shock absorber should your JyAR receive a shock. Third, sandwiched between the cap and latex rubber gasket is a think slip disc. That disc allows the latex gasket to "seat" against securely without rubbing as more force is applied as you twist the cap on. All three components need to be in place for the whole thing to work properly. The latex rubber gasket fits snugly so that it and the slip disc won't fall out.

If all components described are in place in the right orientation nothing can fall out. Make sense? If not give me a call and I can walk you through it verbally.

-JyARman

Dreamerr

OK, I will try to reseat the disk and see if it stays. I used that particular jyar twice today and both times the disk fell out. I kind of just dropped it back in but now I will take a better look at it. Thanks.

Dreamerr,

JyARz

Manufacturer
OK, I will try to reseat the disk and see if it stays. I used that particular jyar twice today and both times the disk fell out. I kind of just dropped it back in but now I will take a better look at it. Thanks.

Something sounds weird here because the 1/4'' disc once placed properly can't just fall out. I suspect you either have the disks inserted in the wrong order or the latex disk isn't "seated" properly. Send me a picture of the inside of the cap and it should be pretty easy to figure out if you continue to have issues. OK?

JyARz,

Dreamerr

Allllllll fixed there was an extra one seated on top of the latex. The one underneath was there as well so I have two woohoo...guess you can always use an extra:). I had never taken them apart and it just fell out so I guess it was just caught in there just right. I didn't even know the parts so thanks for explaining it on the phone:).

JyARz

Manufacturer
Allllllll fixed there was an extra one seated on top of the latex. The one underneath was there as well so I have two woohoo...guess you can always use an extra:). I had never taken them apart and it just fell out so I guess it was just caught in there just right. I didn't even know the parts so thanks for explaining it on the phone:).

All's well the ends well! Have a good and uneventful night!

JyARz

Manufacturer
Granny Apple Green is now available on JyARz.com...

Granny_Apple_Green_-_Product_Page_1024x1024.jpg

If you like green (and I know you all do) this might be your color!

-JyARman

Dreamerr

I hate green, yellow and brown...cept furniture for brown...wood you know...but that green is actually really nice. To bad you didn't have it when I made my order I would have actually have gotten it, yes I said it, I would have bought green:).

JyARz

Manufacturer
No no. Please don't misunderstand. I like it a lot. Just commenting on Elluzions enthusiasm with the three OMG's. ;)

Ah, gotcha! Glad you dig it.

JyARz,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
got a green ordered :) LOVE the apple green too! Happy to add it to the collection. :nod:

and I've been marking my extra black Jyarz with different colors/styles of metallic hologram tape wrapped around the bottom portion, so I can tell them apart.

JWEsI4D.jpg

Last edited:

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Thank you and because it's super eco-friendly I'd say it is or is among the greenest air and UV proof containers money can buy! If you want to go green...go JyARz! :rockon:

I mean who wouldn't like some GREEN:leaf: Jyarz on this forum. It's not "FC green," but it is a really great color choice ;)

Elluzion,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

JyARz

Manufacturer
got a green ordered :) LOVE the apple green too! Happy to add it to the collection. :nod:

and I've been marking my extra black Jyarz with different colors/styles of metallic hologram tape wrapped around the bottom portion, so I can tell them apart.

JWEsI4D.jpg

Dare I say, that's the first ever sighting of this labeling approach...nice look!

-JyARman

2 Paces

Well, I hate to report that I found something that Jyarz cannot withstand:

A cat and dog putting aside their differences and working as a team.

Last night I left one of my Jyarz on the kitchen table. This is usually a safe place. We have a cat that sometimes tries to jump on the table, but we also have a little dog that attacks the cat whenever he tries that. So the cat stays off the table.

As I was cutting up some vegetables I heard a crunching, then a pop sound. I looked over and saw our dog chewing on the Jyarz. The cat must have jumped on the table, knocked the Jyarz on the floor, and the dog grabbed it and started chewing. Luckily I noticed immediately, and got the dog away before she ate any of it.

But the Jyarz wasn't so lucky. The glass shattered into a million pieces, the cap was chewed up and useless. So word to the wise, in a battle between a rat terrier's jaw and a Jyarz, bet on the dog :lol:

Unfortunately it was completely full, so along with the ruined Jyarz, most of the grind was lost in the carpet :cry:

The only bright spot in all of this (aside from the dog being unscathed) is that I really dig that new green much more than the blue that got wrecked. So I guess this gives me reason to order more :nod:

Great product. In no way is this a criticism, I just thought it was an amusing anecdote.

JyARz

Manufacturer
Well, I hate to report that I found something that Jyarz cannot withstand:

A cat and dog putting aside their differences and working as a team.

Last night I left one of my Jyarz on the kitchen table. This is usually a safe place. We have a cat that sometimes tries to jump on the table, but we also have a little dog that attacks the cat whenever he tries that. So the cat stays off the table.

As I was cutting up some vegetables I heard a crunching, then a pop sound. I looked over and saw our dog chewing on the Jyarz. The cat must have jumped on the table, knocked the Jyarz on the floor, and the dog grabbed it and started chewing. Luckily I noticed immediately, and got the dog away before she ate any of it.

But the Jyarz wasn't so lucky. The glass shattered into a million pieces, the cap was chewed up and useless. So word to the wise, in a battle between a rat terrier's jaw and a Jyarz, bet on the dog :lol:

Unfortunately it was completely full, so along with the ruined Jyarz, most of the grind was lost in the carpet :cry:

The only bright spot in all of this (aside from the dog being unscathed) is that I really dig that new green much more than the blue that got wrecked. So I guess this gives me reason to order more :nod:

Great product. In no way is this a criticism, I just thought it was an amusing anecdote.

Quite a story! I can tell you without hesitation that JyARz are NOT dog tested. Though I have something in mind for future improvements that might prove helpful in situations such as this, I just might have to hire your dog for testing down the road if he/she has a particular proclivity for chewing on JyARz!

JyARz

Manufacturer
got my green Jyarz today :) LOVE IT!!
Thanks for the super fast shipping too!
:tup:

Good to hear! Glad you dig!

Had a great day at INTCHE at the San Francisco Civic Center. Sales were brisk and more than a few new customers mentioned reading this thread ... which convinced them that JyARz are worthy. Thanks to you all yet AGAIN.

-JyARman

darkrom

Great Scott!
Ok so I need to comment here. I originally thought this product was a gimmick using the recycled aspect to sell an over priced jar. I avoided it.

I saw one at Boston Hemp Fest saturday, picked up a black one immediately. I guess it is one of those products you need to see in person to appreciate honestly. Sure it is a bit expensive for the jar, but it looks like it will last quite some time. This is going to replace my "car jars" glass jars. I'd wager that I could grind up a 1/4 oz super fine and fit it in the jar.

I'm actually very pleased with it. I still think it is expensive, but I don't really see why you'd need more than one (unless you wanted more of course) and it is very convenient for sure.

Top Bottom