JyARz Storage Containers

toros23

...agree...not that fragile but it's best stored in the JyAR "bottle and cap."

Jyarman - Love your product and your service but I gotta say the glass is definitely fragile. I recommend them to everyone but would never tell them the glass tube is not fragile. We are talking about glass and it is not very thick at all. I would gladly pay extra for thicker glass if that was an option.

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
Well, it is glass so by definition it's fragile. I wish there was some objective measure of fragility that I could point to. But to your point, I don't recommend that people travel with the bare glass, and I don't even recommend that you throw the thing around even when its in the housing. So if I gave the impression that the glass by itself is tough, for the record, I didn't mean to even imply that fact.

As for thicker glass, I would consider it but I've sold thousands of JyARz since launch earlier this year and I've only had a few reports of breakage. I suppose its possible that people simply aren't reporting breaks but I don't know that to be true. So I'm inferring that the glass is tough enough. If evidence suggests otherwise I'll look into a new thicker glass core. I want people to be thrilled with their JyARz so if this appears to be a problem, please trust me. I'll correct it!

Thanks for your input.

-JyARman

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Well, it is glass so by definition it's fragile. I wish there was some objective measure of fragility that I could point to. But to your point, I don't recommend that people travel with the bare glass, and I don't even recommend that you throw the thing around even when its in the housing. So if I gave the impression that the glass by itself is tough, for the record, I didn't mean to even imply that fact.

As for thicker glass, I would consider it but I've sold thousands of JyARz since launch earlier this year and I've only had a few reports of breakage. I suppose its possible that people simply aren't reporting breaks but I don't know that to be true. So I'm inferring that the glass is tough enough. If evidence suggests otherwise I'll look into a new thicker glass core. I want people to be thrilled with their JyARz so if this appears to be a problem, please trust me. I'll correct it!

Thanks for your input.

-JyARman
Well , for my "regular daily usage" it's perfectly solid :lol:

toros23

If evidence suggests otherwise I'll look into a new thicker glass core. I want people to be thrilled with their JyARz so if this appears to be a problem, please trust me. I'll correct it!

It's definitely *not* an issue, I just need to be careful when cleaning or storing. Like I said, it is pretty much indestructible in the plastic tube and that is the intended use. The modular design more than makes up for my perception of the glass being a little thin.

Just placed my 3rd order today, so you know I am thrilled! :)

toros23,
Reactions: JyARz

JyARz

Manufacturer
It's definitely *not* an issue, I just need to be careful when cleaning or storing. Like I said, it is pretty much indestructible in the plastic tube and that is the intended use. The modular design more than makes up for my perception of the glass being a little thin.

Just placed my 3rd order today, so you know I am thrilled! :)

You all are amazing! I should stop responding directly because you all are so much more compelling in your responses than I am.

I don't know if any of you have ever developed a product and put it out into the world. JyARz is my first such endeavor and I'm floored...floored by your response. I'm still a tiny, one man operation, but re-investing in a big way (putting my financial future on the line) because you all have convinced me that there's a demand of this type of product.

In return for your loyalty and incredible support, I commit to working really hard to continue bringing you quality products...that's the best way I can think of to return the love.

-JyARman

francis

Vape enthusiasms
You all are amazing! I should stop responding directly because you all are so much more compelling in your responses than I am.

I don't know if any of you have ever developed a product and put it out into the world. JyARz is my first such endeavor and I'm floored...floored by your response. I'm still a tiny, one man operation, but re-investing in a big way (putting my financial future on the line) because you all have convinced me that there's a demand of this type of product.

In return for your loyalty and incredible support, I commit to working really hard to continue bringing you quality products...that's the best way I can think of to return the love.

-JyARman
When you started , were you targeting the MJ users ?

francis,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
In case you didn't know jyarman, this is the best place on the internet IMO. If manufacturer of any product can take being pulled apart by all the great people here then they will be ok. The intention is always to make a product better or perfect but as we know nothing is perfect so we will always critique. I don't know what brought you here but it may have been the best decision you ever made cause you will get honest opinions good and bad. The thin glass was the first thing I noticed cause I use all glass stuff in my kitchen. I will let you know how they hold up in practice. I don't break things that easily so I don't expect an issue it was just an observation.

Yoshimattsu

Mine came today too! :rockon:So after some grinding, here's my lineup!
Jyarz.jpg

Black=Keef, Purist White= Bubble Hash, Blue= Blue Dream, White= Brand X, Pink= Trinity, Purple= Empty:uhoh: (for now) :tup: These are really awesome products! Great job once again! :clap: P.S.- I see no issue in glass thickness here, but I don't plan on using the cores outside of the Jyarz ever either so :shrug:.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I finally got some jyarz for myself! Four of them, in black, white, purple, and blue. I'm in love already; these guys are revolutionizing my storage solution. I have to travel with my herbs a lot, and plain glass jars (as I'd been using before) are a pain to pack up for travel. These guys are a snap! I can easily toss them all together into a backpack, and one or two fit very nicely in a pants pocket as well! Thanks for the great product, Señor Jyarzman!

I happened to get my repaired Cera back in the mail on the very same day, and also managed to pick up some new supply that evening. It was a nice evening!

DqmiXRz.jpg

JyARz

Manufacturer
I finally got some jyarz for myself! Four of them, in black, white, purple, and blue. I'm in love already; these guys are revolutionizing my storage solution. I have to travel with my herbs a lot, and plain glass jars (as I'd been using before) are a pain to pack up for travel. These guys are a snap! I can easily toss them all together into a backpack, and one or two fit very nicely in a pants pocket as well! Thanks for the great product, Señor Jyarzman!

I happened to get my repaired Cera back in the mail on the very same day, and also managed to pick up some new supply that evening. It was a nice evening!

DqmiXRz.jpg

Excellent...gracia amigo! How you liking that Cera?

In case you didn't know jyarman, this is the best place on the internet IMO. If manufacturer of any product can take being pulled apart by all the great people here then they will be ok. The intention is always to make a product better or perfect but as we know nothing is perfect so we will always critique. I don't know what brought you here but it may have been the best decision you ever made cause you will get honest opinions good and bad. The thin glass was the first thing I noticed cause I use all glass stuff in my kitchen. I will let you know how they hold up in practice. I don't break things that easily so I don't expect an issue it was just an observation.

My involvement on this site has been nothing short of great. It started a little rough because I kept screwing up with "consecutive" replies and the moderators hammered me for it ;-) But I mended my ways and I just can't say enough about you all!

I'm very appreciative of the input and as I said above my commitment to you all is to continue to invest in product development to bring you products that will delight you!

When you started , were you targeting the MJ users ?

Yes. And candidly I designed the current size based on my own "requirements." I wanted something that would fit in a pocket so I could take it with me on mtn. bike rides, to the beach with my portable vape. The current size works well for these requirements. But what I learned pretty quickly is that many, many people want a bigger size so I've had to obtain additional funding to produce a larger size. The injection molds, which are made from steel are VERY EXPENSIVE so it's taken a while to get all the funding together to get respond to customer feedback...such as the "above" ;-)

Also getting glass in the new size is not a trivial thing either but now I have an american supplier ... I'm big into "eco" and "Made in the USA"..but we're rolling now.

That's probably more detail than you were looking for you but there you have it ;-)

Onward!

-JyARman

Last edited by a moderator:

JyARz

Manufacturer
Haha, you have a little left to learn about this place. We always want more information and especially release dates!! Tell us more!!! :popcorn:

I'd offer a release date but it's just too soon to do so, reason being we are tweaking the design in various ways and then I test each change until I'm convinced we have a winner. So its an iterative process. Once we've nailed down the design then the process becomes more predictable and I'll release dates for sure.

JyARz,
Reactions: francis

francis

Vape enthusiasms
I'd offer a release date but it's just too soon to do so, reason being we are tweaking the design in various ways and then I test each change until I'm convinced we have a winner. So its an iterative process. Once we've nailed down the design then the process becomes more predictable and I'll release dates for sure.
Yeah , don't do like a company named after a celeb Renaissance painter.

Dreamerr

If you want us to critique it and tear it apart and put it back together post a this is what I was thinking pic. Personally I didn't need bigger just shorter and wider which makes vapes easier to load for me. For example my big jelly mason jar makes for easier loading then the film canister or now the jyarz. BTW so far I am liking them. All three are filled and used. I loaded only solo stem so far using all three jyarz. For whatever reason sucking method didn't work which is most likely due to my grind but it is the first time I had this issue but will try again today. I had to put the stem in and turn to load. My grind was very fluffy from the SCS as I only did a turn or five.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

JyARz

Manufacturer
If you want us to critique it and tear it apart and put it back together post a this is what I was thinking pic. Personally I didn't need bigger just shorter and wider which makes vapes easier to load for me. For example my big jelly mason jar makes for easier loading then the film canister or now the jyarz. BTW so far I am liking them. All three are filled and used. I loaded only solo stem so far using all three jyarz. For whatever reason sucking method didn't work which is most likely due to my grind but it is the first time I had this issue but will try again today. I had to put the stem in and turn to load. My grind was very fluffy from the SCS as I only did a turn or five.

I'll give that some thought...kinda hard to get a good sense of it without holding a prototype so I'm not sure how constructive it would be to just post photos. And I could send out a proto but that would really slow the process down...gotta consider the options.

And, for what it's worth I usually slide the glass out a bit to load my #Pax and sometimes with a particularly fluffy grind i have to "coax" it with my finger but it usually works pretty easily. Your mileage may vary!

Yeah , don't do like a company named after a celeb Renaissance painter.

I've been trying to get said eponymously named company to reply to me about JyARz...no luck ;-(

JyARz,
Reactions: Dreamerr

VapeForest

DqmiXRz.jpg
Yup, it's official. Cera looks like an electric dildo. :tup:

Have had some Jyarz containers for a while now. Never posted on these forums until tonight so here's a quick review. They're not shock-proof (duh, right?). Tossed one onto concrete inside of the case, opened it, and found that the glass had broken inside. Keep in mind, this was not a light toss or anything. This was done with some force. Haven't smashed any since then. They work great. Pretty much gets daily use at this point and it's definitely not the only container of this sort that we have. To summarize: we like Jyarz. :nod:

JyARz

Manufacturer
Yup, it's official. Cera looks like an electric dildo. :tup:

Have had some Jyarz containers for a while now. Never posted on these forums until tonight so here's a quick review. They're not shock-proof (duh, right?). Tossed one onto concrete inside of the case, opened it, and found that the glass had broken inside. Keep in mind, this was not a light toss or anything. This was done with some force. Haven't smashed any since then. They work great. Pretty much gets daily use at this point and it's definitely not the only container of this sort that we have. To summarize: we like Jyarz. :nod:

Thanks for the review. And that's why I only claim that they are shock-resistant, because if dropped with enough force on stone or concrete they can (not always) break. I could add more padding to them but then they starting getting too bulky so its a trade-off. But in regular use I think you'll find that your JyAR will last a very long time without breakage. AND, we sell inexpensive glass-core replacements, so that you can keep on using the outer shell forever (or at least a very long time). Drop a new core in and even replace the gaskets (we sell those separately too) and VOILA it's like new. Keep plastic out of the trash in the process ;-)

-JyARman

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Excellent...gracia amigo! How you liking that Cera?
The Cera is excellent. I run it loose leaf only, no oil cartridge, and it is a beast. I use it as my main driver, with the launch box used when stealth is required, when I'm eking out hits from ABV, or once in a while just for fun. The ceramic is beautiful and functionally revolutionary for the purposes of the cart and the mouthpiece. The flavor it delivers is amazing. As for the battery tube, the ceramic there looks and feels beautiful but tends to pick up heat and hold it, and is less durable than first-generation TET products. I've never used any Thermovape except the Cera so I can't comment on the switch situation there, but the Cera only has a momentary switch on the bottom which many have taken issue with but I don't personally mind. Some say I've got spider hands, though.

With all that said, a new battery tube and switch are in the works that won't be made of ceramic and is slated to be lighter and more durable than the all-ceramic model, and likely sporting a side switch to boot. It'll be compatible with all the current Cera cartridges, of course.

I'll stop there to keep from filling your thread with vape talk, but if you're interested in more info I've done a lot of work making sure the Cera wiki page is thorough and readable, I wrote a lengthy post responding to some skepticism over here, and I've got a video I made about it here. I got a chance to film it in some real nice lighting there, helps capture the elusive on-camera beauty. I also gave a try at the traditional "get as many clouds as possible in front of the camera lens" technique: not the way I usually use the thing but it was fun to do once, and it did it well…

I regret forgetting to take off the silicone thermal cap for my photo above, it's a handy and functional accessory but not a pretty one by any means, especially after being dirtied up from use as a launch box adapter.

I have to say, I feel like I have a high standard for craftsmanship from being an owner of an MFLB and a Cera, and your products fit wonderfully alongside them! They complement the setup as a whole and make everything feel nicer. I never knew how much of an impact a storage solution could have there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreamerr

jyarz, I am loving the product but I haven't been out of the house with them yet. I read on the FAQ's that you can write on the glass but can you erase that if you do? Also is there a way to write on the plastic instead and erase it? I don't want to pull out the jar to see what is in there. Maybe there should be a little erasable label on the outside? I am about to put a small piece of painters tape to mark it since I won't get the glue residue which would drive me nuts. I often use film canisters, not anymore, and I always forgot to mark them or couldn't be bothered but I would like to start doing a better job.

toros23

^^My number one request!! : )

I stick scotch tape on the bottom of mine and write the name of the strain there but wish there was a better way. I think Jyarman mentioned at one point you can write on the plastic and then sand it off with sandpaper later but I don't want to do that.

Dreamerr

I don't want to do that either toros....I think the painters tape will work well and will let you know. It is also way easier to write on then scotch tape.

Top Bottom