JyARz Storage Containers

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Dang it Aldo! So I have little to no control anyway and tonight I happened to remember that you kindly sent me a discount email after my last order for some reason. Anyway I went and found it: Lo and behold, it was still active!

WTF dude?! You need to set those to expire!! Give me thirty days to use it and then blow that shit up!

I wound up getting another Satchmo, another Chico and an old red Classic! What is wrong with me?! It’s like a month before the big BF madness! Now I’m left with feelings of guilt deliciously conflicted with gleeful knowledge that I have three new JyARz on the way! I think that’s maybe ten for me now? How many is too many?!

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
I’ve never heard of someone having too many?!

Dang it Aldo! So I have little to no control anyway and tonight I happened to remember that you kindly sent me a discount email after my last order for some reason. Anyway I went and found it: Lo and behold, it was still active!

WTF dude?! You need to set those to expire!! Give me thirty days to use it and then blow that shit up!

I wound up getting another Satchmo, another Chico and an old red Classic! What is wrong with me?! It’s like a month before the big BF madness! Now I’m left with feelings of guilt deliciously conflicted with gleeful knowledge that I have three new JyARz on the way! I think that’s maybe ten for me now? How many is too many?!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'd like to hear more individual customer's opinions on the child-proof cap vs the standard screw-on cap of the classic Jyar.

I'm thinking that I should continue to order the screw-top Jyarz, as I have had no issue with them, and I feel like snugging them up without over-tightening them would allow more life from the silicone gasket before it needs to get replaced, because you could tighten it more and more over the years as the silicone gasket degrades and just generally get more life out of the product...but does anyone think that the child-proof cap offers a better airtight seal, or any other benefits?

Planck

believes in Dog
I'd like to hear more individual customer's opinions on the child-proof cap vs the standard screw-on cap of the classic Jyar.

I'm thinking that I should continue to order the screw-top Jyarz, as I have had no issue with them, and I feel like snugging them up without over-tightening them would allow more life from the silicone gasket before it needs to get replaced, because you could tighten it more and more over the years as the silicone gasket degrades and just generally get more life out of the product...but does anyone think that the child-proof cap offers a better airtight seal, or any other benefits?

Never tried one but I hate child proof stuff.
Fortunately I have tools to render them useless. :rockon:
Me pay extra for child proof. :lol:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hey @Ramahs I recall @FlyingLow has both and said he used the classic screw-top 100%. I think the main benefit is child-proof but the other thing is the o-ring on the outside, where the cap meets the lip of the bottom. Now you got me thinking about it, perhaps that o-ring is what keeps it from over-tightening and damaging the inner silicone seal? Idk, but I'm sure Aldo will drop by and drop some jYarZ knowledge on us.

EDIT: meant to add that IIRC, website says the outer o-ring adds yet another smell-waterproof seal that the classic style won't have. So there's that, it seems like a pretty great added benefit if you're taking them out and about. Dang it y'all, I can't help it! I'm getting excited about new Jyarz sizes in our futures!

Last edited:

JyARz

Manufacturer
The o-ring on the Child-proof version is needed because of the vertical action of the child-proof mechanism .... cap slides up and down over the o-ring as the child-proof mechanism engages and dis-engages. The bottom of the cap on the screw cap version meets the top of the bottle when tightly sealed. Thus both the screw cap and child proof version feature a second seal “after” the glass seals on the gasket inside the jyar.

I tested the child proof version down the Colorado river in a raft - it got wet A LOT and it never leaked. I trust the screw cap equally.

As for the compression on the gasket inside, that pressure is mainly regulated by the foam disc in the base (both versions employ the same disk) so the wear shouldn’t be any different. And we use very high quality and very thick silicone so that should last a very long time ... you can flip it over when one side wears.

Hey @Ramahs I recall @FlyingLow has both and said he used the classic screw-top 100%. I think the main benefit is child-proof but the other thing is the o-ring on the outside, where the cap meets the lip of the bottom. Now you got me thinking about it, perhaps that o-ring is what keeps it from over-tightening and damaging the inner silicone seal? Idk, but I'm sure Aldo will drop by and drop some jYarZ knowledge on us.

EDIT: meant to add that IIRC, website says the outer o-ring adds yet another smell-waterproof seal that the classic style won't have. So there's that, it seems like a pretty great added benefit if you're taking them out and about. Dang it y'all, I can't help it! I'm getting excited about new Jyarz sizes in our futures!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Nice recollection!

I do have both in my collection. I grabbed a few child proof versions but LOVE and mostly prefer the ease of the classics. I got the child proofs after having a baby, but the reality is that I NEVER leave stuff out in the open and there is minimal chance my baby has the ability to get into my workshop for a couple more years...

That said, I do still grab the child proof versions when traveling with all my nieces and nephews. Additionally, I have started to prefer the child proof versions when flying. I want to believe that the Jyarz with childproof lids has a very similar X-ray profile to a childproof medicine bottle.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I slam into mine. My reasoning is less air in the jar, the better.

# all depends on you're material. I've fit your amount into a classic, and also 1/2 of dense material into a satchmo.... But it all depends on material...

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Squiby

bassguy

Sorry if this was covered somewhere in the last several thousand comments, but what is the capacity of the different models in ml? I see the Chico is listed as 3/4 oz on the website but not the others.

edit: mevermind, found it.

bassguy,
Reactions: JyARz

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
We are going to throw in an Original Red Classic with all orders ... automatically ... no code necessary. Starts on BF and runs through CyberMonday.

^ And just like that, my order from last month is forgotten and replaced by sweet anticipation for more JyARz! :D

But that’s it, after BF I’m not going to buy another Jyarz for the rest of the year. I’m done for 2019, putting my foot down y’all! Just gotta tell myself that it’s about self discipline and determination. Just that easy! Done!

In other news, I can hardly wait to give Aldo more money for the new exciting products coming in 2020!

JyARz

Manufacturer
I have to get that bigger size done for you!
^ And just like that, my order from last month is forgotten and replaced by sweet anticipation for more JyARz! :D

But that’s it, after BF I’m not going to buy another Jyarz for the rest of the year. I’m done for 2019, putting my foot down y’all! Just gotta tell myself that it’s about self discipline and determination. Just that easy! Done!

In other news, I can hardly wait to give Aldo more money for the new exciting products coming in 2020!

Top Bottom