JyARz Storage Containers

Zementos

Is there a way to remove the silicone smell of pad in the cap? Got an additional satchmo from vapefiend. Old one I guess which really smells plasticish. But even the ones I purchased recently directly from jyarz.com, if I open them the smell of the herb is kinda weird
Can I wash the top cap and pad with baking soda or iso?

mixchu69

Is there a way to remove the silicone smell of pad in the cap? Got an additional satchmo from vapefiend. Old one I guess which really smells plasticish. But even the ones I purchased recently directly from jyarz.com, if I open them the smell of the herb is kinda weird
Can I wash the top cap and pad with baking soda or iso?
Try airing it out for a few days?

horst

horsed
I'm a little bit worried about the silicone pad in my chico. When I opened my chico today I noticed some white stains on the rim of the glass, after touching the silicone pad I noticed it feels not like the pads of my other JyARz, it has changed to a more abrasive feeling rather then the usual soft touch. A soft rub on the pad even made my finger white.

6IZzvpo.jpg

@JyARz Is this something already known? What can I do about it? I'm afraid of using it further in this condition.
The chico is about a year old and the satchmo and classic deliviered in the same order from a german retailer are still good. Never stored anything else then ground/unground herb in it and the pad was never removed from the top. Also no cleaning or contact with other substances yet.

It also worries me to continue using my other JyARz for long time storage. Where do the gases, lipids or whatever go when the container is closed all the time and the pad alters consistency eventually sometime?

Last edited:

Newcastle

Stoned!
@MAbud or buy different colors...:ninja: It seemed like a smart thing to ask at the time..:lol: I ordered mine while a sale was on and I ended up with all 4 green Sachmos so I am constantly opening and closing to see which one I want...Label maker? your a more organized person than me....:cool: I just bitch about it....:rofl:

Doktor Dub

Has anyone ever suggested a view hole in a Sachmo? I get tired of opening the wrong one....:\ I know it would increase breakability but not by much....Just a thought and I love my Jyarz.

good solutions by @MAbud but if you want a viewhole - quite easy to DIY and i am sure we all would love to see a pic of the Result.... i would for sure!

unsorted

For those wanting additional colors, here's what I did with spray paint. I know it wouldn't suit everyone. The dark green one was yellow originally. The orange one was black. I didn't paint the insides. Multiple light coats work best. I was too heavy fingered with the orange. Had some runs.

esY6xmC.jpg

6jenlMc.jpg

Newcastle

Stoned!
Like I said it seemed like a good question at the time. Again all mine are the same color so this is why I have problems. Labels or paint or markers were all good suggestions. I must be in the same state of mind as I still think its a good idea. :freak::rofl:

Top Bottom