• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

JyARz Storage Containers

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
but for larger storage needs I'd have to find yet another uv, airtight, glass solution to complement the current investment.. When i dont want/shouldn't have to! Give me/us another bigger option!! What you waiting for? Your losing money!...
Hey Chandler, biggies were certainly in the worx for a while, but it looks like they're off the boil for now due to costing and projected demand . . . . .
I was about to launch our IndieGoGo campaign toward funding the production of a new larger size JyAR. I've decided to pull the plug. There's been something holding me back for over a year and its finally become clear to me what it is. Up to a certain size, JyaRz offer a unique set of values that make the extra expense worth it. A lot of that value relates to the ability to offer a container that is designed for smell-proof portability. When portability isn't a value, I think the extra cost of buying a JyAR diminishes rapidly. There are many good options for large containers that basically sit on a shelf or table most of the time (Mason:re being just one example (see above).

So .... what next....

I see a very large unfilled need for all sorts of "JyARz" (I use the term very loosely) that support the odor-proof, storage and transport and consumption of cannabinoids. WE are deep into the design of some small, highly adaptable bags. We have in mind a whole series of other related products (more on that once we've made more progress).

For those who have waited so long for a new larger size JyAR I apologize for all the hemming and hawing! All I can say is I hope you enjoy the new products that we'll be bringing to market!

As always I appreciate all the support from all of you subscribed to this thread. I had no idea how valuable this group would prove to be when I signed in a few years ago - amazing!

-Aldo
But don't give up. Let's keep on applying the pressure & Aldo may find a way to get things rolling again at some point down the line.

For I too want to hold aloft an oversized JyARz & feel like I'm in The Land of the Giants!!!
landofthegiants2-jpg.32945

VesselLove!
:peace:

Last edited:

Chandler

'A lot of that value relates to the ability to offer a container that is designed for smell-proof portability. When portability isn't a value, I think the extra cost of buying a JyAR diminishes rapidly. There are many good options for large containers that basically sit on a shelf or table most of the time (Mason:re being just one example (see above).'

I understand what he's saying. But, Your average mason jar can hold probably up to 2 oz, compared to Satchmo that's about 8 times the size no? Thats no comparison. I'd like a jar about double the size of satchmo, that would still be a portable solution in my opinion, perfect for my/our needs... Plus, having a set of JyARz already, one would enjoy adding to the set. More satisfaction that way.... I agree though. I dont need a huge mason sized 3 oz JyAR. 14g's brother. 14g's

snackmaster

I'd like a jar about double the size of satchmo, that would still be a portable solution in my opinion, perfect for my/our needs...

Totally agree.

JyARz are perfect storage as far as I'm concerned. They lock in freshness and odor, keep out light, and on top of all that are very durable. Mason jars are fine but you can't exactly toss them around.

A double satchmo would be awesome and it seems like the kinda thing that wouldn't require a full redesign but instead just make it twice as tall, and that's it. I think that would still be a pretty good portable size.

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
@JyARz Aldo, thanks i like your JyARz. I Ordered 8! You need the next size though. Double The size of satchmo. As a collection of things all 8 (i bought) look/are nice, but for larger storage needs I'd have to find yet another uv, airtight, glass solution to complement the current investment.. When i dont want/shouldn't have to! Give me/us another bigger option!! What you waiting for? Your losing money!...

Apologies. This 707 headband can get me going. My herbs are well pleased yes! :)

We keep revisiting this issue. I think Mason-re (I think that's the name) offers a pretty solid option but it can be improved. I might be losing my day job ( ;-) ) if I do I might just invest the time to get an idea I have in mind rolling. I don't want to make any promises just yet but I have some ideas!

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

-Aldo

Anyone having technical issues accessing jyarz.com website ? I haven't been able to get in since yesterday.

SORRY PEOPLE. Like a dumb ass I let the domain expire I just paid (embarrassing) and now it's working again. Bad form! -Aldo

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have two Satchmos that I love. However, I would really appreciate a larger size, I agree with @Chandler that a 14 gram capacity would be perfect.

Advantages to Jyarz:

Even more smellproof than Ball/Mason Jars which emit a faint odor. With enough material that odor can get pretty strong.

Blocks out all light by default.

Much more durable.

And here's the biggest advantage in my opinion: they're stackable. Satchmos stack pretty well already. Imagine capitalizing on this even more with a wide, double sized Satchmo designed specifically to stack. You could fit three strains stacked in separate Jyarz using roughly the same space as a 12-16oz canning jar.

I think the cannabis market is expanding rapidly and there's a place for high-end storage jars among the aficionados and connoisseurs. Considering the lifespan of Jyarz and the cost of the material that they protect, I think they're a bargain!

JyARz

Manufacturer
I have two Satchmos that I love. However, I would really appreciate a larger size, I agree with @Chandler that a 14 gram capacity would be perfect.

Advantages to Jyarz:

Even more smellproof than Ball/Mason Jars which emit a faint odor. With enough material that odor can get pretty strong.

Blocks out all light by default.

Much more durable.

And here's the biggest advantage in my opinion: they're stackable. Satchmos stack pretty well already. Imagine capitalizing on this even more with a wide, double sized Satchmo designed specifically to stack. You could fit three strains stacked in separate Jyarz using roughly the same space as a 12-16oz canning jar.

I think the cannabis market is expanding rapidly and there's a place for high-end storage jars among the aficionados and connoisseurs. Considering the lifespan of Jyarz and the cost of the material that they protect, I think they're a bargain!

"Stackability." I'd never considered that a virtue but I get it. If I can find a lower cost producer of quality/precision glass I'll double down. Any glass sourcing experts out there? I'll pay for your services in helping me identify a source. If interested please reach me via info@jyarz.com.

Thank you.

-Aldo

zor

@JyARz is at it again! I bought two new satchmos since my brutish paws manhandled two of my jyarz and the cap would unseat and not remain completely and tightly sealed. I let Aldo know and sure enough, in my shipment are two replacements shells which seal perfectly!

Thanks a lot Aldo man!

Chandler

I think a seven to eight gram capacity would be ideal. Fourteen is probably overkill.
Indeed, to each his own. However that's the whole point options though, no?

i can fit 3.5 g's unground herb in the small container, and 7 g's in a satchmo (thats packed in, not comfortably) so, for comfortable packing, your asking for something double the size of a satchmo which your only fitting 3-4 g's... So in reality, we're requesting /desiring the same thing. A JyARz double the size of satchmo! :)

CuckFombustion

Indeed, to each his own. However that's the whole point options though, no?

i can fit 3.5 g's unground herb in the small container, and 7 g's in a satchmo (thats packed in, not comfortably) so, for comfortable packing, your asking for something double the size of a satchmo which your only fitting 3-4 g's... So in reality, we're requesting /desiring the same thing. A JyARz double the size of satchmo! :)

I don't know the setup costs in producing a double satchmo, but I really think the demand is there. Why not let the market dictate? Or kickstarter/indiegogo type of thing?

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Hi Aldo and others,
really like this thread.. Just some things about this wonderful product:
  • First of all, an advice from a friend of mine, who owns some Jyarz. I was showing him a nice wood block I bought from Snappo and he suggested that a wood covered jyarz could be nice (wood instead of plastic). Well, I just pass the suggestion.
  • Up in the thread I've seen you have made some special black satchmos with drawings and etchings for a partner (and they sell them for a very nice price). How about kickstarting a FC special edition?
  • Yellow is great news. Please expand color options for Satchmo.
  • Maybe crowdfunding is a good way to put in market more colors, designs and even the wood stuff. You could try to get funds for some new colors with a pack, or sell some extra jyarz with nice drawings, and you don't have to risk the money. Also, these projects would not be as ambitious as the "big jyarz" project, which BTW I strongly support.

Last edited:

JyARz

Manufacturer
Hi Aldo and others,
really like this thread.. Just some things about this wonderful product:
  • First of all, an advice from a friend of mine, who owns some Jyarz. I was showing him a nice wood block I bought from Snappo and he suggested that a wood covered jyarz could be nice (wood instead of plastic). Well, I just pass the suggestion.
  • Up in the thread I've seen you have made some special black satchmos with drawings and etchings for a partner (and they sell them for a very nice price). How about kickstarting a FC special edition?
  • Yellow is great news. Please expand color options for Satchmo.
  • Maybe crowdfunding is a good way to put in market more colors, designs and even the wood stuff. You could try to get funds for some new colors with a pack, or sell some extra jyarz with nice drawings, and you don't have to risk the money. Also, these projects would not be as ambitious as the "big jyarz" project, which BTW I strongly support.

I have a customer whom really wants wood but the tolerances associated with the JyARz design require a great deal of precision so I've stayed away from that approach...as appealing as it is aesthetically.

Those designs are by DankTankStudies whom does sand blasting/etching. He can do one or many and the quality of his work is phenomenal.

Yellow will be the next color when I have to put in another order. Not too too long from now.

I'm trying to find a less expensive source of high precision borosilicate glass - once I do I'll look seriously at creating a new size. The bigger glass is prohibitively expensive which makes it far less appealing to pursue.

-Aldo

CuckFombustion

I have a customer whom really wants wood but the tolerances associated with the JyARz design require a great deal of precision so I've stayed away from that approach...as appealing as it is aesthetically.

Those designs are by DankTankStudies whom does sand blasting/etching. He can do one or many and the quality of his work is phenomenal.

Yellow will be the next color when I have to put in another order. Not too too long from now.

I'm trying to find a less expensive source of high precision borosilicate glass - once I do I'll look seriously at creating a new size. The bigger glass is prohibitively expensive which makes it far less appealing to pursue.

-Aldo

If you make them, they will come...

My wallet will surely open up to a larger size.

Even if your margin isn't as good as the smaller sizes, many will pickup the large and probably throw in a classic and a Chico as well.

A month back when I was shopping for containers, I saw your site and seriously considered a different brand for a one stop shop. But, I just had to have the classic so I ordered one and ordered a larger tightvac. Hate the tightvac. When dried flower gets in between the plastic closure, it tends to scratch and lose the vacuum seal.

With legalization, you are going to have a lot of new users. That means they will also be in the market for storage solutions. Believe it or not, local shops around me sell by the ounce frequently.

Love your Jars. Only if you can somehow do a market research.

Top Bottom