Just tried pineapple for the first time. Wow!

2 Cycle

i always turned down pineapple when offered. The texture looked too fleshy for me, plus the skin looks all thorny and weird so I said nay. I let my guard down this evening and tried some at the local Chinese food shack. It was very sweet, but delicious. I admit right now that I want more. What are some good ways to eat them?

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
i always turned down pineapple when offered. The texture looked too fleshy for me, plus the skin looks all thorny and weird so I said nay. I let my guard down this evening and tried some at the local Chinese food shack. It was very sweet, but delicious. I admit right now that I want more. What are some good ways to eat them?

Pineapple upside down cake, pineapple slices in a can from dole, fresh pineapple cored, pineapple juice. :-). Hope that helps.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Good for the digestion, and good on pizza too.

Bacon%252C+cheddar+%2526+pineapple+pizza.jpg

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I make a liter of pineapple & mango blend each morning. Just chunks of fresh/frozen pineapple & mango with some water & I blitz it to a runny pulp & slam it down. Fast & easy way to get 2-3 serves of fruit without thinking hard.

Pineapple & Pork are a perfect combo but grilled pineapple with some caramel & vanilla ice cream is hard to beat.

mestizo

By far my favorite way to eat it, or should I say drink it (you could eat it too), is fermenting it for three days in a mixture of water, brown sugar and cinnamon, it is a Pre-Columbian Mexican drink very popular there, it is called Tepache, by itself it has a very low alcohol content, but you can increase it by adding beer to it, i like it by itself, it is very refreshing and the very good to help with digestion, hard to tell the difference in a blind test between Kombucha and Tepache, same flavor, same health benefits.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Lol, that's too funny, I love Pineapples (although can we be real and just agree to call them Ananas once and for all???)

Can't wait to start growing some in my back yard now that I live in a tropical climate.

I personally LOVE thick slices of pineapple cooked on a charcoal grill next to some nice juicy steak. YUM! :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ah, We eat pineapple here in the states at least once a week during the summer when it's in season. I just eat it raw for breakfast with some Greek yogurt.
And if you can get your hands on a “Sugarloaf” pineapple, get it! It will be around $5 a pound or more but well worth it! Low Acidity, edible soft core, sweet white flesh. Damn I need to go to Hawaii!!

I just got half-mast talking about a pineapple! lol:rofl:

Last edited:

Bdubbdiblets

And how! Captain Crunch is the Destroyer of the Roof of Mouths!
Especially when freshly vaked and truly gobbling... Imagine the opposite of:puke::brow:

I have incorporate pineapple into my lifestyle as a direct result of the responses in this here thread. I tried it on my grill and hot damn it was incredible.
Pineapple especially direct from the tropics like say Hawaii is truly something spiritual..mix in a lil miss Mary and my hopper and call it my religion!:razz::rockon:

Top Bottom