• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Just prepped my first tincture!

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
8 fl oz Everclear
9 g "headies" (probably BC bud)
-decarb on 220 for 20 mins in tinfoil, covered (started at 230 and turned it down because i could smell the vapors after about 5 min)
Filled mason jar with EC, then Poured cooked buds into it (the oven golded em up a bit). Stirred it around and Sealed it!:)

*How many sitting days sounds like a sweet spot?

*Is using a coffee filter no different than filtering thru cheese cloth for end product?

*Has anyone here added honey to their end product to improve taste?

I usually leave mine for at least a month but the longer the better. Make sure to shake it at least once a day. I shake mine twice a day for 5 mins. Using a coffee filter is fine but I like cheese cloth. I also wet the cheese cloth with everclear before I start to run the tincture through it. Less gets wasted this way. Make sure you wear gloves when you are filtering and squeezing out the cheese cloth. You can add honey I have done it in the past but now I just add 1 drop per ounce of tincture of mint extract.. This way I can still taste the bud a little bit but smells and tastes like mint. Let me know hoe it goes.

the-vapist,

Cereal_MF

Thanks! I tasted a tiny bit today and holy fuck, what great taste! And thats without honey.

EDIT:
im super anxious for this to complete, but I understand the nature of tinctures is that you let them sit so patience (talking to myself :drool:). I feel like 5 days will be appropriate, as its only been soaking for less than 24 hours and is DARK green!

Cereal_MF,

Cereal_MF

I just took a tiny bit after stirring it. i'll report back on the potency of it.

Cereal_MF,
Reactions: Vicki

Cereal_MF

I think it works? Granted, I've been takin vape hits throughout the day.
It'll definitely need to sit a little longer, and then ill try it in on a clean slate!

It sort of just reminds me of when I started vaping, and I was still too used to smoking so I didnt really know if I was high. Never drank weed before so I dunno.

Cereal_MF,
Patience is key when you make tincture. If you are super anxious you can always strain some of it now add some ABV and more EC and let that sit for a while. Trust me it worth waiting. I have a batch going right now 3 months I just keep adding ABV As I go. I am trying to make It supper strong. In a month or so I will evaporate off more than half the alcohol 20oz to about 5oz and put it in eye dropper bottles to give friends for Xmas. One dropper fucks you up.

Cereal_MF

Shit yea im sure it would! I personally cant evap the alc cuz im at my parents n they arent 420 friendly plus its a gas stove

Cereal_MF,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
So let me ask a question, if I have dark brown ABV, can I still make a tincture? And just keep adding ABV to it for months? I don't know what to do with my ABV, I tried cooking but it didn't work so well for me.

newVaper420,

Cereal_MF

Itll probably end up being gnarly swell doggy! What u usin alc based or glycerin?

Cereal_MF,

Cereal_MF

Do it!
I just checked my batch 48 hours in (but I stir it once a day) and its turning murky green-brown. I think this is good :) Tried a little taste again, and its definitely way more weedy in flavor than yesterday!
I've officially made weed mouthwash everyone!

Cereal_MF,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
You can try the Master Wu Green Dragon recipe. I prepped, made, and tested all in the same day. I was more than thrilled with the results. I am wanting to try a cold extraction as well though. Gotta try it all!

Deadshort480,

Cereal_MF

Yea im basically doing a room temp extraction the only hot part being i lightly decarbed the grounded bud. I probably coulda let it bake a little longer than i did, but the green turned slightly golden atleast and i didnt wanna risk vaping off too much of the thc

Cereal_MF,

Cereal_MF

Just stirred the tincture for day 3! Today it was not see thru at all after stirring! and as always, I take a little taste.... HOLY FUCK! :rockon:

BTW its really an elixir since i dont plan on boiling off the alc.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Just stirred the tincture for day 3! Today it was not see thru at all after stirring! and as always, I take a little taste.... HOLY FUCK! :rockon:

BTW its really an elixir since i dont plan on boiling off the alc.

I can't wait to make one. I gotta find some Everclear :-). Did you put in fresh medicine?

newVaper420,

Cereal_MF

i got a fifth of everclear for like $15 (i was surprised how cheap it was). I put 9g of cured nug, decently crystally, nice smelling, lots of orange hairs. ground that shit up and baked it in the oven for a bit for a light decarb. and ta da.

Cereal_MF,
Cereal glad to hear all is going well. You can still evap. the alc with out heat just leave the lid off the jar and put a fan blowing across the top. It may take a while but it will work. You can speed up to process by putting the jar in a pot of boiling water with the lid off but not on the stove. My advise is to concentrate it and make it a true elixir/tincture. You say you stirring it but I would shake the shit out of it for 5 minutes a day it make a difference you can't really shake it too much. Let see some pics. It you have some.

the-vapist,
Reactions: Cereal_MF

Cereal_MF

Call me a noob for not being able to do this the right way, but heres the link: http://imgur.com/shQmq
Sorry for the low quality pic. Here's the deal though.. The only reason you can see thru it is because its up against a bright ass 150 volt light. It's not really purple LOL. IF you put it against any light with a lamp shade, you cant see thru it! Again this is 9g of bud in only 8 oz of EC.

And i must add that alcohol extracts the gawdon ESSENCE of alcohol. IT is truely the spirit of weed!

Cereal_MF,

Cereal_MF

Can anyone here please tell me if I can use the already extracted buds for anything, or do you think theyre completely devoid of psychoactives after the original extraction? I let it work for between 5 and 6 days, and am straining it at this moment!

2nd thing.. will a putting the jar over a hot cup of tea atleast somewhat help with extra acl vaping off?

Cereal_MF,

Cereal_MF

Here's the final brew!
DL17E.jpg

----- & bottled.
fNAEe.jpg

Cereal_MF,

Cereal_MF

Its not exactly a tincture, more an elixir i guess. Potency is probably as good as it can be for not boiling off any extra alc at the end. I know its probably not too much volume for 9g of nug, but the nug was free so it was totally worth the experiment :) and now i have good shtuff! :D

Cereal_MF,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
nice. i've always been curious about making tinctures. i was about to this past month with all the ABV i collected but at the last minute decided to go QWISO. maybe i'll consider this more heavily next time since it doesn't seem too difficult either.

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Top Bottom