Just ordered holy terp flavorless

ani007

along with their leur lock syringe (does this come with the needle too i would think so..), a glass vial, a scale, an IR gun, some ccell carts, and a cart with .9mm intake cause i was thinking about those concentrates that are more cut like 30-50% thc

i'm mostly interested in converting shatter and have been doing a lot of research before posting this but i want to make sure i got things right lol

i like the select carts with really thick oil so should i just add .25 of the Holy Terp pure flavorless? i think they said 18 drops is .5ml so like maybe 9-12 drops? would i just measure this with the syringe does HT come with a dropper? is the scale accurate enough to detect adding .3-.4 it was 9 bucks lol

then i'm confused do i melt the shatter first or would it be ok to combine the HT and Concentrate together then heat? i'm thinking of the water bath method but the glass vial i bought from HT could i just put that in a bowl of hot water with the cap on and add more hot water or does it need to be on the stove with that continuous heat

i don't want it that diluted i like the thickness of the select cart but i don't want it to fail....i couldn't afford a flavor at the moment from HT that would have been kinda nice a little bit along with the flavorless

i guess my last question is should i let the solution cool after removing from the water bath to test viscosity or just go with i don't know like .25-.3 to 1gram shatter and put it inside the cart while it's still cool. and then jut let it set in the cart for awhile.....

could you leave the concentrate with the HT for a day or two without applying heat, and would you do torch, microwave, or water bath...and can the IR gun check the temp of the water and what would i want it at 150? or more since the concentrate is in the vial

thank you :) don't have a hotplate and have never done this before but it would be really neat to convert shatter to a vapeable juice

how long would you say to keep on the stove i've seen people say a few minutes to several sessions of 5 minute intervals

i didn't have the $$ for CC. i have a feeling i might not be able to get this to work lol but it would be cool to know the proper ratio then i could just apply that to whatever amount of concentrate i want.

if i wanted to experiment with .5 concentrate first, how much HT would i put in and would i do that with the syringe or do they come with a dropper? i gotta think it has a dropper cause they said 18 drops is i think .5ml so could i put like 5-6 drops for .5 shatter

Last edited:

tfrank

Although i have never tried doing this i am pretty curious myself and want to see where this post goes. I cant answer much but i will say this.
i guess my last question is should i let the solution cool after removing from the water bath to test viscosity or just go with i don't know like .25-.3 to 1gram shatter and put it inside the cart while it's still cool. and then jut let it set in the cart for awhile.....

Definitely let it cool to check the viscosity before putting it into the cart the last thing you want is for all of the shatter to harden up in the cart. If it cools and is too thick u can always reheat and add more terps, but once its in the cart that's pretty much it. Also once u get a good viscosity make sure its still warm and liquid when putting it into the cart makes it much easier.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I've made a few batches with HT flavorless both the peg kind and the terpene kind.

One thing about the flavorless... it has a flavor. It's not distinct, and definitely in the background, but it's there. And not the most pleasant imo.

Anyways. The goal here is to add just enough heat for the process to create a uniform mixture. Once mixed with that initial heat, I find it doesn't separate. I don't believe the process will work if you just leave things sitting together without heat, but feel free to give it a try and let me know what happens!

You want to heat both the shatter and the flavorless at the same time. You can use any method you like to heat the mixture, a double boiler, a torch to the mixing glass, hold it over a toaster... Just watch for things to go putty-like, and then get it off the heat is the main thing. When you can start mixing the concentrate up like batter, you are good to go. If the viscosity is good, stick with it, or add drops now and get where you want it to be.

Once you have the desired viscosity, it should mostly stay that way. The volume of liquid is pretty small if you think about it, so it will heat and cool off pretty quickly. You can usually fill a cart within a couple minutes of having created your mixture.

Fill cart, let it soak into the wick a bit, and enjoy.

Be aware as well that any waxes in your concentrate will clog up carts pretty quickly. Might honestly be better off with a load as you go setup like the Divine Tribe donut, a Sai, et al. Especially if you have less ability to waste concentrate in the name of experimentation.

I'm sure others have some good advice as well!

seaofgreens,
Reactions: zor

ani007

Although i have never tried doing this i am pretty curious myself and want to see where this post goes. I cant answer much but i will say this.

Definitely let it cool to check the viscosity before putting it into the cart the last thing you want is for all of the shatter to harden up in the cart. If it cools and is too thick u can always reheat and add more terps, but once its in the cart that's pretty much it. Also once u get a good viscosity make sure its still warm and liquid when putting it into the cart makes it much easier.

thanks man!! ah ic so after i'm done testing viscosity i can heat it back up to make the transfer

ani007,

ani007

You want to heat both the shatter and the flavorless at the same time. You can use any method you like to heat the mixture, a double boiler, a torch to the mixing glass, hold it over a toaster... Just watch for things to go putty-like, and then get it off the heat is the main thing. When you can start mixing the concentrate up like batter, you are good to go. If the viscosity is good, stick with it, or add drops now and get where you want it to be.

Once you have the desired viscosity, it should mostly stay that way. The volume of liquid is pretty small if you think about it, so it will heat and cool off pretty quickly. You can usually fill a cart within a couple minutes of having created your mixture.

Fill cart, let it soak into the wick a bit, and enjoy.

Be aware as well that any waxes in your concentrate will clog up carts pretty quickly. Might honestly be better off with a load as you go setup like the Divine Tribe donut, a Sai, et al. Especially if you have less ability to waste concentrate in the name of experimentation.

I'm sure others have some good advice as well!

thank you very helpful i think i have a better idea now how to heat. take away from the heat stir and it shouldn't take that long. sounds like def test viscosity as this is the moment u can add drops. i want to start on the low end maybe .2:1g concentrate so .1:.5g concentrate iono i hope i can measure it in the syringe or scale it, but if they come with a dropper i estimated maybe starting with 5 drops, they say 18 drop=.5ml

there is this video showing winterization a different method anyway i've never done it and was wondering what you think or if you know a simple method for it for a newb without any equipment

ani007,

ani007

it's coming in today

any idea on the ratio they say .1-.5ml : 1g concentrate.

so if i want to just test out .5g of concentrate could i start with 5 drops (i'm trying to make it as potent as possible and not dilluted i like the select elite carts thick oil but i don't want it to get stuck in there so people said to test the viscosity by letting the glass vial cool and then add more if need be heat )

i just randomly got an IR gun could i put the tiny glass vial containing the concentrate and holy terp in a small cup of hot water and if i was to IR the water what would i want it at? slightly more than 150? cause i'll be taking it back and forth to mix right? or should i just put a pan on the gas stove with water barely submerged to the bottom of the small glass vial?

not looking forward to getting the bad taste some have with HT or wasting concentrate i want to know the ratio as much as anything like how much to put in to .5g concentrate and after you let it cool to check viscosity if i want the select elite cart like thick potent how it will look sliding or moving around and then do i heat it again to get it into the syringe before transfferring

sorry for so many questions and thank you!

ani007,

skube

I've been experimenting with rosin.Terps can be overpowering.I add some terps and I also use pg to thin it.If it's very thick,it doesn't wick well.I've tried several different atomizers as well.The ceramic wick ones work best for me.That winterizing system doesn't really work.I purchased the filters on Amazon.I really don't think their diluent is anything special.Because the lipids and waxes are lighter,I figured a centrifuge would separate them.So,I bought a centrifuge and spun my liquids.The lipids and waxes settled to the top.I use a 1-1/2" long blunt tip with syringe to go under the waxes and pull out the liquid.The end product is crystal clear.

skube,

ani007

I've been experimenting with rosin.Terps can be overpowering.I add some terps and I also use pg to thin it.If it's very thick,it doesn't wick well.I've tried several different atomizers as well.The ceramic wick ones work best for me.That winterizing system doesn't really work.I purchased the filters on Amazon.I really don't think their diluent is anything special.Because the lipids and waxes are lighter,I figured a centrifuge would separate them.So,I bought a centrifuge and spun my liquids.The lipids and waxes settled to the top.I use a 1-1/2" long blunt tip with syringe to go under the waxes and pull out the liquid.The end product is crystal clear.

thanks for the heads up. wow that sounds so cool and effortless. centrigues can't be cheap though how much did that puppy run you
and do you know if there is any other method for a newb that you would reccomend

ani007,

skube

It's a Labcorp mini E centrifuge.They're expensive,but I found an older unused one on ebay.It's from 2006.It's made in the USA.I paid $170.I figure it should last longer than a cheap Chinese one.Most people winterize with Everclear to remove lipids and waxes.That would probably be the least expensive way.Maybe not in the long run.I wanted a liquid without chemicals that need to be extracted.

skube,

tfrank

It's a Labcorp mini E centrifuge.They're expensive,but I found an older unused one on ebay.It's from 2006.It's made in the USA.I paid $170.I figure it should last longer than a cheap Chinese one.Most people winterize with Everclear to remove lipids and waxes.That would probably be the least expensive way.Maybe not in the long run.I wanted a liquid without chemicals that need to be extracted.

This is super compelling ive wanted a way do sort of winterize my dabs without the need for alcohol or ethanol/ vac oven. Do you need to add any solvent in with the concentrate to get it to separate or do you just throw the concentrate in and let it run. Also for how long or and is there any temp variance? If this works the way u say it does i might have to pick up a centrifuge!

tfrank,

skube

It wouldn't separate dabs.You do need a liquid.I use terps and pg.I make liquid for pens.I like being able to medicate pretty much anywhere at any time.I've been experimenting with the amount of terps and pg I add.I've been mixing at 2:1.2ml of liquid(mixture of terps and pg) to 1 gram of rosin.I'm going to try 1:1,now that I have the centrifuge,and see if that will work in a pen.I run the liquid 1 to 3 times to separate it.The centrifuge runs for 10 minutes @3300rpm.PG doesn't bother me.I've been vaping ecigs for over 10 years.

skube,
Top Bottom